Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do you think the best doctors, architects and lawyers are teaching? Honest question

Are the best mathematicians and writers teaching introductory 9th grade courses? No, of course not. But at the university level Frank Lloyd Wright taught architecture, Einstein/Oppenheimer/Feynman etc. all taught physics, Katalin Karikó (most recent Nobel in medicine for her RNA vaccine research) taught lectures.

Many of the best in every field do teach, even if they aren't primarily teachers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Many of the best in every field do teach, even if they aren't primarily teachers.

Yup, that’s pretty much the distinction that swayed me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't see Brady doing any teaching.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1710415033958822131

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

seems good for everyone involved tbh

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

And who does that account belong to? Whole bunch of fake rear end blue checks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Butt Stuff posted:

And who does that account belong to? Whole bunch of fake rear end blue checks

It's the same poo poo as Dov Kleiman, it's just a fake account aggregating actual news from journalists (without linking back to them, just saying "credit to whoever") and mixing it with bullshit rumors.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

They got Dobbs, who needs Kyler

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah twitters verifed/blue check is a joke. So far my rule of blue check mark tweeted something? ignore them as worked so far. :v:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's the same poo poo as Dov Kleiman, it's just a fake account aggregating actual news from journalists (without linking back to them, just saying "credit to whoever") and mixing it with bullshit rumors.

they direct link to two articles

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Ort posted:

Teaching is doing and teachers probably contribute more to society than one individual being exceptional at whatever you think they’re “doing”.

There are plenty of teachers out there who absolutely would have been the best at being a doctor or lawyer or whatever weird line you draw for what you think is a meaningful profession, but choose to teach instead from the beginning.

this response is so funny considering where this conversation started

coaches are typically better at teaching how to play the position they played more than they were at actually playing the position

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can't teach proprioception

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm really horrible conversation

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 7, 2023

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

those who can't think, post

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ort posted:

Teaching is doing and teachers probably contribute more to society than one individual being exceptional at whatever you think they’re “doing”.

There are plenty of teachers out there who absolutely would have been the best at being a doctor or lawyer or whatever weird line you draw for what you think is a meaningful profession, but choose to teach instead from the beginning.

Lol i skipped over this. Are you a teacher by chance? You took this rather aggressively - what line would you have drawn? i just rattled off the first few professions that have licenses + higher earning potential in the profession than teachers. What would you have used, exactly?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

He taught us all how to hate

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Mega64 posted:

They usually don’t allow pedophiles and criminals to be teachers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do you think the best doctors, architects and lawyers are teaching? Honest question

In my world, you teach when you age out of physical work. If accumulated skills means 'the best,' then the best teach at the end of their careers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Not only that in hindsight doctors have a weird mix of practice and education from what my neighbors been telling me so doctors was a horrible example to use.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Everything is weird about the medical field and probably shouldn't be used as an example.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm offering posting lessons thru DMs

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1710757136110944420?t=6vG33d_ilnhqsT-LKvny4w&s=19

Now Kirk is going to loving melt the Chiefs defense

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/1710746916248785144?s=46

good to see him back :unsmith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Regarding the deals that Jacobs and Barkley took - yes they are one year deals without No Franchize Tag clauses, but they do set the floor of their earnings if they get tagged again, because the tag is either the average of the top % OR 20% more than they made the prior year.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mega64 posted:

that's because he's a hateful prick

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

This means more for Mattison/Akers than Cousins

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/TheBillsGuys/status/1710511178286510516?s=20

Views:
Now I want Kirk to win just to shut Florio up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:

Views:

Florio lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

yes i think mahomes took a day off

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Work 120 hours a week ya drat entitled millennial!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mike Florio has not done actual work a single day in his life. That stooge is only lingering around to assuage some executives ego that buying PFT wasn't a giant waste of money.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

News:

Views:

This is what the best lawyers do.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What kind of sick gently caress would rather spend time with his family over playing football?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

News:

Views:

Unfortunately it's a 425PM game, he will not win.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1710965505601786303?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shindragon posted:

yeah twitters verifed/blue check is a joke. So far my rule of blue check mark tweeted something? ignore them as worked so far. :v:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/nfl-teams-believe-arizona-cardinals-done-kyler-murray
https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/38564261/kyler-murray-cardinals-quarterback-future-trade-contract-draft

Kyler's gone after this year

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
At this point is there any team that would want Kyler Murray, even in a backup role?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Views:

The annoying thing about this is that no matter the outcome of the game, Florio's now got clickbait either way. Even if Kirk has a good game against a good KC defense, if the Vikings lose Florio's got his narrative, and if KC loses, he then can go and start blaming Taylor Swift for being a locker room cancer

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

At this point is there any team that would want Kyler Murray, even in a backup role?

Yes, definitely. He's a starting caliber QB with some really high highs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I will take him over Daniel Jones right now. We can even pay for his Xbox game pass or whatever it is.