Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Loonatics cartoon from the late 90s/early 00s ORIGINAL character designs.

Everyone hated them to the point they redesigned them to look WORSE in my opinion.

Seems like the original designs had a lot more promise with the biggest mistake trying to sell the first promo images with them looking 'mean'. Had you shown off how expressive and cartoonish they could have been with those original designs, I think reaction would have went better and 20 years later selling poo poo tons of merch to Millennials and zoomers with them on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

This is a cool movie, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but it is kind of the opposite of killing Nazis.

This guy is killing people FOR the Nazis!

This is a scene from a movie set in the Continuation War in which Finland joined Nazi Germany in attacking the Soviet Union. Those dead guys are Soviets.

Let me put a target on my back here and say that I genuinely like the movie Waterworld. It got a lot of flak because it was so expensive and thus people expected it to be amazingly profound or something, but it really just was Mad Max with boats and I like Mad Max with boats.

I even watch the extended 3 hour cut which adds multiple scenes of Dennis Hopper trying to go golfing. That's why he wants dry land. So he can golf. I love you Waterworld.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 8, 2024

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I liked Lost when I started thinking “the reason all this stuff is happening to the characters is be because they are on a lovely TV show, and this is the one explanation of events that could never occur to them— it would feel like it was meta and annoying, and as fictional characters they cannot transcend this. The nature of their reality precludes them from ever realising the true horror of it, and there is no reason this could not also be true for ourselves”

I started thinking all that while I was watching Lost, because most of it was very boring

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The 'so bad it's good' Alien vs Predator snes game, which I initially asked for because I thought it was the capcom arcade game. The intro cinematic music gets stuck in my head sometimes. The enjoyment is pure nostalgia and takes me back to being a kid with a little 8 inch colour TV and built in antenna.

You can win almost the entire game by just slide attacking enemies into a corner, because it will always knock them over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmpxpYchNLs

I think it's on par with just about every Predator based game I've seen in the past 12 years.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 8, 2024

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love that CGI Beowulf movie from 2007. Look at how badass this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNaj7uCVPCI

I'm not sure if people hate it but I don't think anybody saw it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Haha he's jumping across the roof beams and sliding around in the nude and it's Diablo 2 cutscene quality. Fantastic stuff.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Firefly

gently caress all of you, you can't take the sky from me!!!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

emSparkly posted:

Day of the Dead is absolutely the best of them.

:hmmyes: :agreed:

And since this is the love thread, I like Land of the Dead.

Is it a great movie among the rest of the other Romero “Dead” movies? Not even close. But is it a fun and good movie? Fuckin’ A.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Land had a lot of problems, but it also had Dennis hopper and John Leguizamo so you know pros and cons. Casting really helped a lot.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Slugworth posted:

Firefly

gently caress all of you, you can't take the sky from me!!!
Pretty sure that most people who've seen it like Firefly, though nowadays they'd have to note that Joss Whedon sucks rear end.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

dr_rat posted:

Land had a lot of problems, but it also had Dennis hopper and John Leguizamo so you know pros and cons. Casting really helped a lot.

Land is super fun and good time. Honestly, when you come out the gate with two genre defining zombie movies that have basically defined the monster in popular culture, you can make as many Land of the Deads as you want. gently caress, make as many Survival of the Deads as you want, you earned it.

Day of the Dead is great too - just incredibly bleak and oppressive with some a-tier practical effects. Blew my 14yr old mind.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Caesar Saladin posted:

I saw it in the theater. It was fine. My coworkers wife didn’t realize it was animated. She might need contacts or something cause the CG wasn’t that good. I remember every shot of someone horseback looked extremely goofy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I loving LOVE THIS SONG.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
excuse me that is a banger

people poo-poo it but once you listen to the lyrics, they had everyone fooled with passing it off as a cute positive pop song. because an mmm-bop is the measure of time for how quickly people bail on you. a microunit for how unreliable people are

everyone was like oh those sweet hanson boys, so nice and squeaky clean, meanwhile their hit song is about how everyone who approaches them is an insincere pretender and how they cant trust a single adult in their lives lol

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Uhh it's quite clearly a bop

Here's the banger cover

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 9, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

There are people who think MMMBop rocks, and others who are wrong.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I saw it in the theater. It was fine. My coworkers wife didn’t realize it was animated. She might need contacts or something cause the CG wasn’t that good. I remember every shot of someone horseback looked extremely goofy.

I saw it in high school and I was so stoned that it took me like half an hour to realise, I just kept wondering why it looked so weird. Its an awesome movie though imo.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

Caesar Saladin posted:

I just kept wondering why it looked so weird.

This, but every time I have looked in a mirror since I was 6 years old.

Are there movies about self-hatred-based-aphasia? I do not feel like searching the internet because I might find out that I am trash unironically instead of ironically.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Bookie on HBO. Not a fan of Sebastian Maniscalco, from the creator of Two & a Half Men, & the premise isn’t particularly original. But I’ve watched every ep as the leads have relaxing chemistry & it’s fun escapism to see a miscreant bookie roam LA chasing his deadbeat clients & Charlie Sheen sometimes shows up and is funny.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzDrFwttmrc

There are people who think this is the worst Genesis song, when in reality it's not even the worst song on Abacab.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzDrFwttmrc

There are people who think this is the worst Genesis song, when in reality it's not even the worst song on Abacab.

well yeah, Abacab also has Dodo/Lurker on it doesn't it?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

all bastards are cops are bastards

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
ABACABB was the blood code for the original Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Pennywise the Frown posted:

ABACABB was the blood code for the original Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis!

All Bastards Are Cops, Also Big Bitches

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I know it sounds like a stupid rawnchy 90s movie, but Booty Call is actually really good.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I sort of like MTV's Ridiculousness. I should hate everything about it, especially those two persons fake laughing at everything. Dyrdek's presentation is corny as hell but it also reminds me of myself and my teenage years watching dumb poo poo on telly with dumb friends talking about dumb stuff and god do i miss those years having a laugh about dumb stuff and nothing to really worry about.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Monstaland posted:

I sort of like MTV's Ridiculousness. I should hate everything about it, especially those two persons fake laughing at everything. Dyrdek's presentation is corny as hell but it also reminds me of myself and my teenage years watching dumb poo poo on telly with dumb friends talking about dumb stuff and god do i miss those years having a laugh about dumb stuff and nothing to really worry about.

Charlamagne tha God telling Chanel West Coast she's a lovely rapper is an all-time TV banger

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

Charlamagne tha God telling Chanel West Coast she's a lovely rapper is an all-time TV banger

I need to look that up, sounds like fun!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I tried looking it up but all the Google links are dead... except for one annoying one that keeps switching back and forth between the clip and a badly cropped shot of a guy laughing at said clip. Dude has 12.5k subscribers. Jesus Christ.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Monstaland posted:

It’s like America’s Funniest Home Videos but without the pretense that it’s supposed to be family friendly, so you end up with Dyrdek saying something like “You know how it goes. You’re walking along, minding your own business, and then you get punched in the dick. In honor of that, we’re calling these, ‘Unsolicited Dick Hits.’” and then you get five minutes of videos recorded on potatoes stolen from YouTube.

I’m not seeking it out, but if I happen across it and it’s on (and let’s be honest, it airs on MTV a lot when they’re not airing Catfish), I find it hard to click away.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I absolutely can not stand that Ridiculousness dude. He seems like the definition of a poser from junior high.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I really love Survivor. Like must watch TV, appointment viewing, afraid of spoilers if I miss an episode love.

It's on twice a year and honestly I feel a bit lost when it's not on.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I absolutely can not stand that Ridiculousness dude. He seems like the definition of a poser from junior high.

I don't know, to me he seems to be that on first impression annoying loudmouthed p.o.s. you try to avoid till you accidentally spend time with him at a party to find out he's actually pretty cool and friendly in person. Dude just wanted to have fun man

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Monstaland posted:

I don't know, to me he seems to be that on first impression annoying loudmouthed p.o.s. you try to avoid till you accidentally spend time with him at a party to find out he's actually pretty cool and friendly in person. Dude just wanted to have fun man

Maybe he's a good guy. I have no idea. I'm just basing it off of the way he acts and dresses from the very limited amount I've seen.

In the 90s there were a TON of suburban white kids trying to act black and/or gangster/tough and it was pretty offensive and embarrassing in my opinion. It was a big fad/phase thing that's been in a lot of movies and music. That whole Offspring song pretty fly for a white guy is essentially about that.

That's the vibe I get.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Ridiculousness dude is somehow 49 years old

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Extra Large Marge posted:

The Ridiculousness dude is somehow 49 years old

What the gently caress?

Holy poo poo he probably was one of those suburban kids in the 90s and never grew out of it.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

What the gently caress?

Holy poo poo he probably was one of those suburban kids in the 90s and never grew out of it.

I had to look him up, and I know him from when my brother started skateboarding in the late 90s, so I mean yeah, he's a skater from the 90s.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

What the gently caress?

he's a 90's skater from ohio who got ridiculously successful through a lot of savvy decisions because he was friends with the DC guys

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well this all makes sense then. He's Bam, but successful and maybe not a massive piece of poo poo?

I have nothing against the guy atm. I hope he's doing well. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

by all accounts he's some dude from Kettering who lucked out

lol Kettering what a shithole