Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I think i might make a goon guild for all 5 of us as it might encourage people to come horde, cause alliance sucks.

Ill be pestering people to sign a charter today/tommorow

I wont be on to make it for a few hours so post names you want here so that I can ignore them and name it <ANIME>

Tanners fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

by the way, does it bother anyone else how OSHA-incompliant Orgrimmar is? Almost as bad as Addis Ababa

mewse
May 2, 2006

<Crabs, Crabs & Wrynn>

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
<Blood and Tsundere>

asmodeusvivivi
Sep 7, 2011

HeroComplex posted:

<Blood and Tsundere>

Going to second this.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
The Spears of Britney

HeroComplex posted:

<Blood and Tsundere>

Or that.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

HeroComplex posted:

<Blood and Tsundere>

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Made a charter, need 3 more sigs. If you log on send Tanners a /w and ill come to you.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

Guild's up on Horde. Pst Suggestion for an invite if tanners ever promotes us.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
everyone can invite to <Blood and Tsundere>

log on and pester someone so you can idle in a gchat with 2 other people with really bad decision making skills.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
Started an allygoons channel, pass is lljk

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
My memory is very hazy but Elemental Shaman (Windfury) is sorta viable for vanilla right? On retail I played Undead Rogue for vanilla and cant remember much about Shamans.

I dont even know if its worth me trying to level since the main thing I do remember about vanilla is it was brutal and took fairly casual players months.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Touchdown Boy posted:

My memory is very hazy but Elemental Shaman (Windfury) is sorta viable for vanilla right? On retail I played Undead Rogue for vanilla and cant remember much about Shamans.

I dont even know if its worth me trying to level since the main thing I do remember about vanilla is it was brutal and took fairly casual players months.

Enhancement Shaman, which use melee weapons with Windfury, is pretty good at PvP by my recollection, since Windfury has a bunch of burst, and they're taken as token buffers in PvE.

Elemental Shaman I think are pretty bad at this version.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

gradenko_2000 posted:

Enhancement Shaman, which use melee weapons with Windfury, is pretty good at PvP by my recollection, since Windfury has a bunch of burst, and they're taken as token buffers in PvE.

Elemental Shaman I think are pretty bad at this version.

Ah yeah you are right, Im getting my e's mixed up. I do recall having one in the melee group for raids to boost the rogues etc. Overall not the best out and out at anything, but sometimes useful I suppose. Thanks for answering.

Edit: The OP could use some more info or an update perhaps? Are many Goons playing this and which side is more active, Horde or Alliance?

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 11, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Touchdown Boy posted:

Edit: The OP could use some more info or an update perhaps? Are many Goons playing this and which side is more active, Horde or Alliance?

Roll horde, I sent the OP a pm to add some stuff but i think hes MIA

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
roll alliance and murder goons

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

landofcake posted:

However, the problem of money and bags and stuff is constant, it feels so difficult to make money on this server, what with the price of stuff you can gather at lower levels (like Light Leather, Copper Ore, low level herbs etc.) being pushed to borderline pointless levels due to such huge supply.

I kinda get the feeling that vanilla WoW servers never had this many players and there being a reason for it, I'm finding it quite difficult to play ... any tips?

On the money side of things, when I was playing on Nos I made it to level 29 or 31 with my rogue, and made about 14 gold net, with like 30 gold in materials/gear to liquidate. Before, I was struggling to afford class skills and gear upgrades from the AH, but by leveling up past 20, it gets easier to accumulate wealth from mob grinding and selling greys, and I was also mining and smelting to bronze, because there was a market for it at the time.

But the most lucrative thing I did was search up the chest spawn locations in Silverpine Forest and checked them in a circuit, until I had the respawn timers for all of them to myself, and checking each every 2 hours. Usually you could get at least 4 or 5 chests in one circuit, and then camp one or two locations in the mean time. It gets time consuming though, as I remember many late nights of "just one more circuit" after spending 6 hours getting everything on lock-down. As an enchanter, I could D/E the crap greens, vendor the crap 2handers/shields etc. and sell the great stuff at below market price, which was usually 50silver, or around 1gold for truly useful items.

If the profession market is saturated from overpopulation, I can almost guarantee that the useful low level gear is sparse or overpriced.

These were the two pages I memorized. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?object=106319 , http://db.vanillagaming.org/?object=2849 The more valuable chests are the latter four. (there are two chests at thule's keep. one in the main floor north west room, and one in the stairs leading to the roof.)

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 11, 2015

mewse
May 2, 2006

I made some lowbie buddies in durotar during my grind last weekend and emailed the warrior any mail crap I picked up. He sent me mail saying i'm the coolest person he's ever met in WoW :allears:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Was it mewseofwar?

mewse
May 2, 2006

No but they would have been upgrades for mewseofwar as well

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man, I had forgotten about the Defias Traitor quest. gently caress that guy so hard. Did a loop of all of Moonwhatever the gently caress as he ran into EVERY random fight just to reset his slow rear end walk path to the beginning. After 7 years, I had forgotten.

Had a nice discussion with Westfall chat though. Next quest is to kill Van Cleef, the quest text has Poopbutt Stoutmane say quote "I hate to condemn any man to a death sentance...". Motherfucker you just asked me to kill 55 dudes prior to this. Dont lie to me, you love this poo poo.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

So I'm still a lowbie but I want to maybe think about which gathering profession to get. Still think Alch would be the way to go like on ED?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is it just me or is this server's weapon skill mechanics different? I'm leveling Two-Handed Maces from nothing and it feels like I'm hitting way more than I should. Like I can actually kill a green mob without missing 3/4ths of the time.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Made an Orc Shaman called Gabalanzi. Joined Hordegoons channel and not spoken to anyone yet. Im casual as gently caress at this point but you never know I might make 60 at some point.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Phraggah posted:

So I'm still a lowbie but I want to maybe think about which gathering profession to get. Still think Alch would be the way to go like on ED?

If you're asking if Herbalism is worth picking up to make money, it depends. Competition for herbs during EU and early evening NA hours is very high given the server population, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you can play during late NA hours. Higher competition means higher prices though, so Mountain Silversage for example is up to 17g a stack.

If you're asking about just Alchemy, it's actually a really nice time to be an alchemist. There's an endless demand for Arcanite transmutes right now as people can finally craft Lionheart Helms. This will only go up when the plans for Titanic Leggings start dropping in a month and every warrior will need an additional 12 bars for those. Guilds will also start stockpiling the 100 arcanite bars required for Thunderfury as Bindings start dropping with BWL's release. It's a good profession if you like logging in to collect free money.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Just hit 20 on my hunter and it gets so much better when you get aspect of the cheetah

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
That's weird, I just hit 20 on my warlock and the succubus is not great.

I also got a quest for a staff or off-hand that are almost as good as raid quality. Vanilla itemization is weird.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The rise of internet libertarianism and neoconservatism has made certain instances of Trade and General significantly more unpalatable than I ever remembered it to be on Retail.

My Warrior just hit level 28 and I'm still enjoying myself, although I can already see that I'm soon not going to be able to train every new rank/skill as soon as I get it for lack of gold.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Only learn the skills you need for leveling. Learn everything else once you hit 60.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phosphia posted:

Only learn the skills you need for leveling. Learn everything else once you hit 60.

Right - that's what I've been doing so far, avoiding anything that I don't see myself using immediately.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

That's weird, I just hit 20 on my warlock and the succubus is not great.

Warlock is tricky because you are kinda trained to use your voidwalker as a tank; then they pull the rug out from under you and succubus can't do anything but dmg and maybe seduce an add. For my young retail mind the solution was chain-fearing mobs which is dangerous because adds, and who wants to do that from lvl 25-60?
The real answer is to re-spec into drain life tanking but it took me till lvl 35 before I figured that out.

Tempted to get in on this but I'm not sure I have the will to do another 1-60.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Chunjee posted:

Warlock is tricky because you are kinda trained to use your voidwalker as a tank; then they pull the rug out from under you and succubus can't do anything but dmg and maybe seduce an add. For my young retail mind the solution was chain-fearing mobs which is dangerous because adds, and who wants to do that from lvl 25-60?
The real answer is to re-spec into drain life tanking but it took me till lvl 35 before I figured that out.

Tempted to get in on this but I'm not sure I have the will to do another 1-60.

Do it on alliance it's totally different I *crosses fingers* promise.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

30.5 Days posted:

Do it on alliance it's totally different I *crosses fingers* promise.

alliance sucks play horde all the cool people are horde.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
If you play Alliance I will rain 14 slot bags upon you, just reach level 10 and post a request.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

If you play Alliance I will rain 14 slot bags upon you, just reach level 10 and post a request.

e: nmnm

mewse fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 16, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Edit: thanks for the bags :cool:

Jenny of Oldstones fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 16, 2015

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

I am canvox, level 21. I need bags so much. Also, money.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Equilibrium posted:

Oh man. That would be great. Im a level 19 human guy named proust

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Got you all. I'll be afk today but I can pick up more requests Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I think there is about a dozen on Horde*, how many on Alliance?

Im sticking to Horde because I wanna be a Shaman, but just curious.

*That as an EU guy I see commonly enough to remember their names.

• Locked thread