Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I’m not sure Gary Johnson has object permanence.

Someone should ambush him with some sleight of hand and see how he reacts.
http://i.imgur.com/mOERRdc.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
/r/libertarian has had some pretty decent salt recently.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

/r/libertarian has had some pretty decent salt recently.

Awww yeah, I was wondering where to find it. I looked in garyjohnson but that place is a ghost town.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/783274773103140864

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/783344827870085120

not surprised to learn that gary doesn't remember the bush administration

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

brush your god drat hair gary

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

OWLS! posted:

To be fair, are there *any* foreign leaders that are worth looking up to?

In before unironic putin supporters crash this thread.

xi jinping, fidel and raul, evo morales, daniel ortega, prachanda, bounnhang vorachith, subcomandante marcos if he counts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homework Explainer posted:

xi jinping, fidel and raul, evo morales, daniel ortega, prachanda, bounnhang vorachith, subcomandante marcos if he counts

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

not particularly distinguishable from your usual output tbh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

not particularly distinguishable from your usual output tbh

No, Homework Explainer, Stalin was not a great leader.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

thomas sankara :kiddo:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

not including dead people

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

No, Homework Explainer, Stalin was not a great leader.

there really is something to a person being so mad and so boring at the exact same time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

so mad and so boring at the exact same time

dont sign your posts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Didn't Xi do massive consolidations of power to move away from collective rule ideals and then use that consolidated power to crush any amount of revolutionary discussion or activity?

Weird choice for a dude who prides himself on being a communist.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

not including dead people

thought the last two were dead wooooops

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Didn't Xi do massive consolidations of power to move away from collective rule ideals and then use that consolidated power to crush any amount of revolutionary discussion or activity?

Weird choice for a dude who prides himself on being a communist.

didn't some poster ask a loaded question featuring broad qualitative statements with nothing to back them up?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
crosspostin'

https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/783440613207310339

good night gary, your valiant efforts to throw the election to Hillary are appreciated

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Its amazing how much Gary Johnson's Presidency is a metaphor for the course of the Libertarian convention. We've reached the part where the unapologetic shirtless guy starts dancing on stage while getting booed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Libertarians are goddamned idiots

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Adar posted:

crosspostin'

https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/783440613207310339

good night gary, your valiant efforts to throw the election to Hillary are appreciated

oh weird, the same thing that always happened happened again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thump! posted:

Libertarians are goddamned idiots

And I love it so much

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
The only world leader that Gary looks up to is the guy that tried to build an island on a sunken atoll, only to surrender in the face of the might of some island republic's marching band.

I'm having a Gary moment remembering the names.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

sealand

but there were a couple other "countries" who tried to pull that off. Last thing I remember is some dude in slovakia (?) trying to do the same

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Sealand 1) is not an atoll and 2) was never invaded by a marching band, just some crooks.

YF19pilot is thinking of the Republic of Minerva.

e: Here’s an account of the festivities.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 07:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this dude the chief executive of an entire state in the usa lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this one better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awNiwKoyoR8

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zas posted:

this dude the chief executive of an entire state in the usa lol

Fourteen years is a hell of a drug.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

The only world leader that Gary looks up to is the guy that tried to build an island on a sunken atoll, only to surrender in the face of the might of some island republic's marching band.

I'm having a Gary moment remembering the names.

It's even funnier if you know the story.
Bow before the might of the Kingdom of Tonga.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_Reefs#Republic_of_Minerva

quote:

The Republic of Minerva was a micronation consisting of the Minerva Reefs. It was one of the few modern attempts at creating a sovereign micronation on the reclaimed land of an artificial island in 1972. The architect was Las Vegas real estate millionaire and political activist Michael Oliver, who went on to other similar attempts in the following decade. Lithuanian-born Oliver formed a syndicate, the Ocean Life Research Foundation, which allegedly had some $100,000,000 for the project and had offices in New York City and London. They anticipated a libertarian society with "no taxation, welfare, subsidies, or any form of economic interventionism." In addition to tourism and fishing, the economy of the new nation would include light industry and other commerce. According to Glen Raphael, "The chief reason that the Minerva project failed was that the libertarians who were involved did not want to fight for their territory."[2] According to Reason, Minerva has been "more or less reclaimed by the sea".[3]

In 1971, barges loaded with sand arrived from Australia, bringing the reef level above the water and allowing construction of a small tower and flag. The Republic of Minerva issued a declaration of independence on 19 January 1972, in letters to neighboring countries and even created their own currency. In February 1972, Morris C. Davis was elected as Provisional President of the Republic of Minerva.

The declaration of independence, however, was greeted with great suspicion by other countries in the area. A conference of the neighboring states (Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Nauru, Samoa, and territory of Cook Islands) met on 24 February 1972 at which Tonga made a claim over the Minerva Reefs and the rest of the states recognized its claim.

On 15 June 1972, the following proclamation was published in a Tongan government gazette:

PROCLAMATION

His Majesty King Taufaʻahau Tupou IV in Council DOES HEREBY PROCLAIM:
WHEREAS the Reefs known as North Minerva Reef and South Minerva Reef have long served as fishing grounds for the Tongan people and have long been regarded as belonging to the Kingdom of Tonga has now created on these Reefs islands known as Teleki Tokelau and Teleki Tonga; AND WHEREAS it is expedient that we should now confirm the rights of the Kingdom of Tonga to these islands; THEREFORE we do hereby AFFIRM and PROCLAIM that the islands, rocks, reefs, foreshores and waters lying within a radius of twelve miles [19.31 km] thereof are part of our Kingdom of Tonga.

A Tongan expedition was sent to enforce the claim the following day. It reached North Minerva on 18 June 1972. The Flag of the Tonga was raised on 19 June 1972 on North Minerva and on South Minerva on 21 June 1972.[4]

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/libertarian-vp-candidate-just-wants-to-stop-trump-presidency.html?mid=fb-share-di

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

There goes dat Gary.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

There goes dat Gary.

O poo poo my polls

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Lmfao

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/10/05/breaking-libertarian-candidate-dumps-campaign-will-throw-support-behind-details/

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ok I'll admit that one of the libertarian candidates effectively endorsing the democratic nominee is not something I ever thought I would see

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/783833263152463872

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jesus Christ Gary you're retarded

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
guess all that pot he smoked hosed up his thinkin' parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU