Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose zoya does look a lot worse now, might be some egg on my face there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i tried to protect neverhelm and "my action was unsuccessful", someone roleblocked me -- although i can easily see that RB coming from a town player that think i'm scum

but before all that... how the gently caress did grandi die? i spent a good part of yesterday building a case on him being scum and then he fuckin dropped dead at hammer

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I got a bunch of chips too, and also gave some to shwinn

Cool thanks

Someone else stole chips from me or something

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Zoya posted:

i tried to protect neverhelm and "my action was unsuccessful", someone roleblocked me -- although i can easily see that RB coming from a town player that think i'm scum

but before all that... how the gently caress did grandi die? i spent a good part of yesterday building a case on him being scum and then he fuckin dropped dead at hammer

Anyone here want to admit to visiting Zoya?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

spacing in vienna posted:

Opop did you try to mason me? I got 500 chips but it didn't say from where.

I bluffed Zoya out of 205 and then ended up getting 500 and 200 separately from ???

Twas I, we figured you were trustworthy.

And speaking of we'd thought about masoning Helm earlier and figured that it makes no sense for him to be able, I am guessing that the "bad players" I can recruit are the vanilla-type roles, so if anyone wants to claim one lmk

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Sorry for lateness!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Did we just have one confirmed redirection n1 or were there more

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I got a bunch of chips too, and also gave some to shwinn

Weird, since it looks like I lost the same number you gained

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Strongly believe that Zoya is the kill choice today. No need to rush it, though, they are already -2 and I’d like to attempt to play some poker today, for one thing.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh, any reason?

we are gonna kill zoya today imo

but this was a weird hal post

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

we could, and hear me out here, not kill zoya today

i'm a huge fan of this strategy, personally

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Zoya posted:

we could, and hear me out here, not kill zoya today

i'm a huge fan of this strategy, personally

It's not going to happen, I'm afraid

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

far as i can no one has even bothered to proffer a weak and unconvincing reason why zoya might be town

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

far as i can no one has even bothered to proffer a weak and unconvincing reason why zoya might be town

i mean, even i don't really see a scenario where i don't get executed today, even though i know it's a mislunch

the only thing i can point to in my own defense is that, the literal only person i tried to case and build suspicion against yeterday was grandi, because he pinged me hard the day before, he visited me and hadn't claimed what his action does aside from steal chips (...which, as it turns out, was all that it did i guess), so i thought if shwinne was telling the truth on having watched me, grandi was the most likely to have messed with my action

...but, grandi was apparently poisoned, or delaykilled in some manner. i assume this is why there was no kill N2, and scum presumably knew he was dead man walking, right? if i were scum, would i really waste my time trying to push suspicion or votes onto someone i knew was going to drop dead before it ever became relevant? DB was always going to be the vote yesterday, so any posts, speculations, and casing, were just building up ammunition for our D4 execution decision... a decision that scum would have known grandi would never be a part of

it's actually kind of depressing really because with grandi dead i no longer have any idea who the real remaining scum is. i suspected opop at one point, but that was ages ago, and he's played solidly pro-town since then. josef has always seemed solid town to me. hal has always seemed solid town to me, even if everyone took issue with my townread on him for reasons that are beyond me yesterday. that leaves ref, shwinne, and SiV, all of which are currently town leans for me. if i squint and stretch really hard, i guess i can see shwinne being scum that simply lied about the watch target, but is it even possible for shwinne + DB to be scum together? DB's flip explicitly puts him in a masonry with shwinne. would maugrim hard code a masonry between... two scum players? that's too weird even for maugrim.

so that leaves me as the only smart choice for town to execute right now, even though i know it's a mistake, and i don't really know how to correctly play this game state tbh

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

JosefStalinator posted:

I bluffed Zoya out of 205 chips and then somehow swiped an additional 200. It seemed to have been a separate move, the wording was different.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

shwinnebego posted:

If Hal gifted you his usual 222 and then somehow gained 740 from you, that would explain it being a net 518 but actually two steps.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

Twas I, we figured you were trustworthy.

And speaking of we'd thought about masoning Helm earlier and figured that it makes no sense for him to be able, I am guessing that the "bad players" I can recruit are the vanilla-type roles, so if anyone wants to claim one lmk

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Apparently I'm not a bad player (or a good player, either? Solidly mediocre) so I'm sorry it didn't work.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

I bluffed Zoya out of 205 chips and then somehow swiped an additional 200. It seemed to have been a separate move, the wording was different.

does your stealing action, perchance, also roleblock your target? asking for a friend

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zoya posted:

does your stealing action, perchance, also roleblock your target? asking for a friend

That's just it. I don't have a stealing move. I have a bluff move that takes 20% of the chips of my target. That's the 205. I have no idea WTF is up with the extra 200.

I assume that's more of the "scum moving chips around for lols" except Hal swiping 700-ish after gifting to shwinn also seems to be in that pile.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

That's just it. I don't have a stealing move. I have a bluff move that takes 20% of the chips of my target. That's the 205. I have no idea WTF is up with the extra 200.

I assume that's more of the "scum moving chips around for lols" except Hal swiping 700-ish after gifting to shwinn also seems to be in that pile.

i mean, i would describe an action that targets a player and gives you 20% of their chips as a "stealing action", but yes, there's still some fuckery going on with the chips that i don't know if we'll ever fully figure out

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

anyone else have anything to say

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

shwinnebego posted:

anyone else have anything to say

Not really, although I’m not sure where things stand if Zoya ends up flipping town. I think everyone seems pretty set on this (and I don’t disagree with it) but speaking for myself I would be suspicious of about 90% of the remaining players if this ends up a misdunk somehow.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

There also doesn’t seem to be a ton of need to hurry and I still have chips to lose, so I’d be up for more cards, too.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Referee posted:

Not really, although I’m not sure where things stand if Zoya ends up flipping town. I think everyone seems pretty set on this (and I don’t disagree with it) but speaking for myself I would be suspicious of about 90% of the remaining players if this ends up a misdunk somehow.

If Zoya is a misdunk, we may want to watch Spacing in Vienna.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

JosefStalinator posted:

If Zoya is a misdunk, we may want to watch Spacing in Vienna.

I wanna watch siv either way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am 99% sure it's not Siv, probably my biggest town read atm

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

keep in mind for after i flip -- if it wasn't town that RB'd me, there's still 2 scum left

since one spent last night RBing, and the other killed neverhelm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

I guess, maybe I’m too checked out but I wasn’t sure what zoya did that was egregiously scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If Hal gifted you his usual 222 and then somehow gained 740 from you, that would explain it being a net 518 but actually two steps.

That seems to be what happens, it was presented to me as someone gifting me chips (740)

I didn’t get any chips from Ref or Josef when I gave them 222 though so it wasn’t my action

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

Did you get something else along with my chips?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ohhh wait the other thing isn’t something you are told about, lol. I should pay more attention to my PMs

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zoya posted:

Perhaps poisoned the night before and expired at the end of day

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Did you get something else along with my chips?

i gained 222 and lost 740

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So as we get closer to the end game I think it's important I reveal the OTHER thing I give people.

Whoever I gift chips to their vote SECRETLY counts double, so let's be careful with that if we get down another person without hitting a scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

So as we get closer to the end game I think it's important I reveal the OTHER thing I give people.

Whoever I gift chips to their vote SECRETLY counts double, so let's be careful with that if we get down another person without hitting a scum

does it last just the next day or longer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

does it last just the next day or longer

I believe it’s just the next day

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Insandenza posted:

Very interesting. Good to know!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

So that would imply we are actually at -1 right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Referee posted:

So that would imply we are actually at -1 right now?

Indeed