Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
oh wow i did not realize deadline was coming up so fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Pander posted:

##vote sandwolf

Reread his posts. They're all very reasonable in a way that's setting my teeth on edge. Something about him going "toad then CS" yesterday felt weird and clinical. I think he's kinda trying to stay under the radar here.

And MSRR, why would my swap onto CS be weird given the context? Sandwolf and Keane voted and then went radio silent and Toadsmash was missing. About the only other options were you, which I couldn't get the votes for, and me, which you couldn't get the votes for (and I wasn't about to help).

Had you voted for Toad later on I (might) not have found it as odd, but I can't believe you couldn't have gotten more votes for me; it's not like I haven't been bouncing on and off most people's suspects list, and some last-minute campaigning probably could have gotten me tossed into the sacrificial pit yesterday. It may just be a playstyle difference - I tend to be a bit dogged myself, and particularly given the... lively discussion we had at the end of D2 it strikes me as odd not to have doubled down.

Plus there's the fact that you went hard going after me, and for a good minute, only to admit later your 'cases' were really just made up of tone reads - like I said earlier, it's a lack of conviction thing. Putting in all that effort in riding my rear end but then dropping off and saying "it's just vibez" after feels like it could be an early self-excuse for dogging me so hard.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Also I'm going to be spending most of my evening in the kitchen but I should be around off and on, and will likely be here at deadline.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
And I forgot: Happy (belated) birthday Hal! :toot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well, I think I will ##vote Sandwolf in that case

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm watching Die Hard right now in honor of this game

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yippee ki yay Mr sandwolf

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I just got finished doing all the cooking I needed to do tonight so I can do all the cooking I need to do tomorrow. This year's contributions to the table are broccoli salad, mac & cheese casserole, and deviled eggs. I'm also bringing a pecan pie but it's store bought so it doesn't count.

Hal, why you gotta make it hard for me to vote for you? :mad:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I love deviled eggs

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I also love deviled eggs. I'm a big pecan pie fan too.

Keane, you around?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
welp ##vote Sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

welp ##vote Sandwolf

I’m probably forgone but I reckon this is the scum vote

##vote MSRR

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Having not gotten anything for opop's birthday, the elves decided to make up for it with Christmas and deliver his nemesis to him a la Cousin Eddie.

Unfortunately, he was town

Sandwolf, Town Aligned Vanilla Elf, was stuffed in a stocking D3

It is now N3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess we're going to have to postpone Xmas since you guys didn't end the game yet

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Merry Christmas!

Wai-

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal, Town Aligned Vanilla Elf, was stolen N3

It is now D4

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, My Second Re-Reg, Pander

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah I think I'll vote Pander. I'll call it vibes.

I will say if MSRR it's pretty shady of you to pull the "I want to have a conversation about this oh wait no I don't I want to disengage" trick. Do not like that move if you're scum!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MSRR if you are scum, I'd trust you to do the right thing, Christmas Carol is a famously redemptive story and there is still time to save your soul lest you find yourself carrying chains even heavier than mine!!!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

It ain't me. And I'm honestly split between you two but I kinda don't think it'll matter since you both think it's me.

If it's MSRR, nice job putting in the effort posts to get people to think it's not you. I still think you trying to throw cold water on the trajan lynch was the scum tell.

Keane...whether you're town or scum this wasn't your top tier game imo but hey you might win by just being never the scummiest.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Note: this was absolutely a disastrous game for me where the best thing that happened was voodoo making a great call and hal backing him up enough that I joined in. Otherwise it's been waffling so goddamn much and joining/starting dumb moves out of paranoia.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

gently caress me.

If MSRR is trajans buddy, why does he poo poo talk the late swing onto him when it's pretty clear he's a lost cause? That only makes him look scummy D2. But on the other hand, why does he talk up trajan as scummy D1 then NOT find him scummy when the votes pile up?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

It ain't me. And I'm honestly split between you two but I kinda don't think it'll matter since you both think it's me.

If it's MSRR, nice job putting in the effort posts to get people to think it's not you. I still think you trying to throw cold water on the trajan lynch was the scum tell.

Keane...whether you're town or scum this wasn't your top tier game imo but hey you might win by just being never the scummiest.

Wow, I hope three spirits visit you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You know, that's especially weird if you don't think I'm scum, because then, presumably you'd be town, and I would have made a strong case on who the scum is.

How would that not be a strong game? I haven't voted yet, I'm curious here as to what you are thinking.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

You know, that's especially weird if you don't think I'm scum, because then, presumably you'd be town, and I would have made a strong case on who the scum is.

How would that not be a strong game? I haven't voted yet, I'm curious here as to what you are thinking.

I have no idea what you mean here.

What I was talking about is that you spent D1 saying nothing, and by the time you did start it was mostly in a lengthy diatribe that I mostly agreed with (MSRR seemed weirdly aggro) but otherwise mostly kinda seemed like sandwolf, a background voice who did stuff like vote CS then vanish.

As far as whether you're scum or not, I guess I'm gonna try to figure that out thinking about why hal was killed and not you or MSRR. If you're not scum, maybe think through why you're alive.

I think the reason Hal was killed was because me and him were pretty lockstep. I was left because I'm the best execute candidate.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Alright lemme see if I can organize this somewhat, find some commonality:

Sandwolf: Pander or Hal
Pander: Sandwolf or MSRR
Keane: Pander or Hal (? Keane plz confirm who you think scum likely are)
MSRR: Pander or Hal
Hal: Sandwolf or MSRR

this is interesting? Uh, we all agree Keane is town? Is that right?

Yeah scum HAD to kill off Hal.

The question is whether MSRR saw me and hal would vote them, or if Keane worried we'd swap to him even if he wasn't our top pick.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Yeah scum HAD to kill off Hal.

The question is whether MSRR saw me and hal would vote them, or if Keane worried we'd swap to him even if he wasn't our top pick.

Why did scum have to kill Hal?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

I have no idea what you mean here.

What I was talking about is that you spent D1 saying nothing, and by the time you did start it was mostly in a lengthy diatribe that I mostly agreed with (MSRR seemed weirdly aggro) but otherwise mostly kinda seemed like sandwolf, a background voice who did stuff like vote CS then vanish.

As far as whether you're scum or not, I guess I'm gonna try to figure that out thinking about why hal was killed and not you or MSRR. If you're not scum, maybe think through why you're alive.

I think the reason Hal was killed was because me and him were pretty lockstep. I was left because I'm the best execute candidate.

Alright so let's say I'm scum. Why wouldn't I have played a good game? This is EXLO and I never had real heat on me. Good enough game, if you ask me.

So let's say I'm town. If you're also town, then MSRR is scum. I had a substantial case on MSRR that would have been correct. That's also a pretty good game, even if it doesn't work out.

Now if you're scum, well then, yeah I guess I played pretty poorly.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Why did scum have to kill Hal?

Hal and I were publicly aligned on who we thought was scum.

If you're town, a scum MSRR would kill hal and hope to align with you to vote me. Leaving Hal alive would have been a massive risk to MSRR since we both said we found MSRR scummiest player left.

If I were scum, I'd could have just killed you and worked with hal to vote MSRR.

Me as scum killing hal and expecting to convince you or MSRR to vote the other seems dumb as hell. And you're smart enough to know that. Why are you playing dumb?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Alright so let's say I'm scum. Why wouldn't I have played a good game? This is EXLO and I never had real heat on me. Good enough game, if you ask me.

So let's say I'm town. If you're also town, then MSRR is scum. I had a substantial case on MSRR that would have been correct. That's also a pretty good game, even if it doesn't work out.

Now if you're scum, well then, yeah I guess I played pretty poorly.
Fair, I don't think I worded that well. It'd be a "good" scum game for you in the sense that a win is a win, just not something I like. I enjoy memorable games with lively interactions and scum schemes, not "scum lay low to the end".

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Hal and I were publicly aligned on who we thought was scum.

If you're town, a scum MSRR would kill hal and hope to align with you to vote me. Leaving Hal alive would have been a massive risk to MSRR since we both said we found MSRR scummiest player left.

If I were scum, I'd could have just killed you and worked with hal to vote MSRR.

Me as scum killing hal and expecting to convince you or MSRR to vote the other seems dumb as hell. And you're smart enough to know that. Why are you playing dumb?

So you think Hal was more likely to vote MSRR than me? Why is that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Fair, I don't think I worded that well. It'd be a "good" scum game for you in the sense that a win is a win, just not something I like. I enjoy memorable games with lively interactions and scum schemes, not "scum lay low to the end".

I have 3 fewer posts than you this game???

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh poo poo two now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alas! Math confounds me again! Truly we are all subject to the whims of the equal sign.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I did think the end of day was weird yesterday, first it was very quiet, seemed like things were heading towards a toad/MSRR showdown then at the end it suddenly switched to cube/pander and the cube votes seemed to just kind of materialize and didn’t come from any particular conversation that was happening

I guess my suspicion of Sandwolf is pretty high after all that, followed by MSRR. Not that I would entirely rule out Keane or Pander, but Pander is probably the bottom of my list

Cause of this post? And the next?

CCKeane posted:

I do find everybody a possibility right now tbh.

I'd say ugh
Hal/Pander, MSRR, Sandwolf in that order. Decent drop off between MSRR and Sandy.

I'm higher on your list than MSRR. I'm last on hals list.

Like, this is all on the last page, it's not obscure.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway it's all pretty pointless until MSRR checks in and I hear after MSRR yelled at a strange man on his roof and made him fall, they've been busy due to a magical contract found on a business card in his pocket.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I have 3 fewer posts than you this game???
Dude I didn't say anything about post count.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

So you think Hal was more likely to vote MSRR than me? Why is that?
Like, what is this? Are you serious here?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Cause of this post? And the next?

I'm higher on your list than MSRR. I'm last on hals list.

Like, this is all on the last page, it's not obscure.

Sorry I'm playing a bad game, please forgive me Pander please forgive me please don't tell Santa I'm not playing to your standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

Pander posted:

Dude I didn't say anything about post count.

I made a long case about MSRR day two, and outside of the first day I've been active and contributed my thoughts, I'm struggling to see how "laying low" fits unless you're just talking about post count. Frankly I'm not inclined to read your takes on me generously since you "not a top tier game" is nonsense, I don't like it.