Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

muike posted:

I think Ibanez made a tubescreamer amp pretty recently. I wonder when that'll show up on amp sims.

Why are you still here! You have a multifx with an expression pedal and lots of random poo poo to connect to it - try a flanger and a phaser where the pedal makes the rate go up on one and down on the other, add as much distortion as possible and see where the sweet spot is. Also if there's a ring modulator on there, your challenge is to find a use for it. Then get the wah going and learn Shaft

e- dammit it's not you, never mind it still stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've had a Tele for a few weeks now, it moved into my #1 spot immediately. It's part of the reason why I'm considering a LP. There aren't many tones I want that I can't get outside of that duo.

Well, in that case, I'm not going to hold you back. I rather like my LP-alike with the P90/humbucker combo, but it's your call what you do. Do get some time with one, I like the sounds my LP-alike makes, but I don't like the way it feels when you play it sitting.

Also, consider a Reverend for roughly the same price.

Re: the tubescreamer amp. My Four Force has a built in overdrive. I have three overdrive pedals, two fuzz pedals, and some poo poo that's just labeled 'distortion' and 'metal'. Coherency is frequently lost when I start screwing with things.

... though I still cherish hooking the Ovation up to that chain. Nothing useful happens.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 16, 2013

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Francostein posted:

Figure out how to put as many tube screamers together in series as I can and then put that after a compressor?

It's gone 2am here so just gonna make the preset in the software rather than terrify my sleeping cats.

TUBESTUBES was the longest title it would let me use.

baka kaba posted:

Why are you still here! You have a multifx with an expression pedal and lots of random poo poo to connect to it - try a flanger and a phaser where the pedal makes the rate go up on one and down on the other, add as much distortion as possible and see where the sweet spot is. Also if there's a ring modulator on there, your challenge is to find a use for it. Then get the wah going and learn Shaft

e- dammit it's not you, never mind it still stands

Can fit a Rack compressor, 6 stomp boxes, a dual rectifier and the required Z-Pedal module which does not seem to support both Phaser and flanger in the same effects module. It does have the included dual TRM-PHSR and I could probably drop a tube screamer for a standalone Flanger if I bought the optional expansion pedal.

Main thing the G5 needs is a master volume knob because this thing is loud enough to shake my pc speakers off the desk. Not that they don't fall down on their own every other day anyway but still.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Wait, so can you only use the expression pedal with special virtual pedals that include a virtual expression pedal? Boo-urns to that

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

baka kaba posted:

Boo-urns to that

I really thought that only me and my best friend ever said that.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Well you can set it up for a few other things let me have a look at this custom module. It's a triple axis Z-pedal so I can set it to rotate right or left and then up/down handles a single knob from one of the other modules.

That kinda works I think. Also managed to squeeze in the RingMod and chorus effect. Pedal only controls rate for the Phaser, Flanger and RingMod using a separate axis for each. The FP02 pedal adds a fourth axis that can be controlled simultaneously but I didn't buy it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Verizian posted:

Main thing the G5 needs is a master volume knob because this thing is loud enough to shake my pc speakers off the desk. Not that they don't fall down on their own every other day anyway but still.
I have one and it has its pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Manual controls for the pedals is rad
  • Separate screens for the pedals is rad
  • The tube is rad, and you can swap it out pretty easily
  • It's chock full of stuff, including some neat weird poo poo like a bit crusher
  • It's pretty small
  • Z-pedal can be useful
  • You can get it for pretty cheap
  • You can download user-made patches
  • Zoom's software is reasonably decent
  • The looper is useful
  • Onboard rhythm is basic, but useful
  • The tuner is okay, though a bit wobbly
  • Pretty easy to understand how to use everything

Cons:
  • All the patches are overly loud to start with, level 100 seems higher than it should be
  • Switching patch banks sucks, really wish it had dedicated Bank Up/Down buttons
  • Wish other controls were foot-switchable instead of the dinky buttons at the top
  • Wish cycling through the assload of effects was easier/faster
  • Z-pedal side to side motion isn't smooth, so it's more for something you'd set then leave alone rather than something you'd be moving back and forth as you play(well, doing it to toggle something on/off is fine)
  • No effects return jacks
  • When switching between patches, it sometimes doesn't obey the volume pedal setting and you have to use the volume pedal before the G5 realizes "oh, you want that volume ok"
  • Hard to find a nice padded case for it
  • Power adapter cable is a bit short
  • Online community for it exists, but is kinda small
  • Zoom's Edit & Share online is dead as far as I can tell; go to guitarpatches.com instead

You should go to ashbass's page immediately; he made Effecturator 2000, which is some software to help do batch settings for your patches, which lets you set patch levels to something like 30-60 to help deal with a lot of patches being overly loud. He's also done a bunch of mods and has instructions on how to make your own footswitches for bank select, patch select, tap tempo, and scrolling. Other than those, there's some tips and stuff on his page too.

baka kaba posted:

Wait, so can you only use the expression pedal with special virtual pedals that include a virtual expression pedal? Boo-urns to that
You can, I think? There's a set of Z-pedal effects which combine some effects already, but you can also just have those effects in your normal loop and set the Z-pedal to adjust the parameters of them in various ways(up/down, turn left, turn right).

E: ^^^ there you go, the picture makes it easier to understand

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Destro85 posted:

I'm a little behind in the intro class, I finished the first assignment and plan to get started on week 2 today. Week 3 was just released but I haven't even looked at it yet.

The improvisation class I'm not at the level where I can even attempt it for credit. I'm going to go over the lessons and stuff, but I doubt I will submit anything. Most of the stuff he is going over I don't even have a basic idea of what it is.

The improv class is pretty tough and I've been playing a couple years. Definitely not for newbs.

The intro class is boring though.

edit: How are you guys doing recordings of your playing?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Anyone know what to do in order to avoid hand injury from too much playing? I'm on the last couple days of a two week vacation period from work and have spent the time working on side projects at home, and settling back into my old routine of a solid three hours practicing each day. Last time I did this I ended up with severe cramps in my fretting hand after a few days, so I went back to just an hour a day of practice. My playing comes along leaps and bounds with the extra time invested and since i have that time to kill I'd rather spend it on guitar than sitting on my backside watching television. So far everything's been going smoothly but I'm starting to feel a stiffness and light throbbing at the bottom knuckle of my ring finger on my fretting hand. Anyway to avoid this other than, "stop playing"? You read stories of people playing ten hours every day for years and start to wonder how they did it without their hands falling off. :/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The way you're playing may be something to look at, but its hard to tell from just your post. But it sounds likes run of the mill repetitive stress injury. There's a lot of ways to fix the causes and I'd suggest checking out the goon doctor and asking them about it because they'll likely know about stretches/massages/activities you can do to help.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
You could try an elasticated bandage or light pressure cuff on your forearms.

I have severe hypermobility leading to chronic pain syndrome and that helps me. In turn the guitar practice helps strengthen my arms and has let me sign my own name for the first time in ten years without my thumb joint becoming red and swollen.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

muike posted:

I think Ibanez made a tubescreamer amp pretty recently. I wonder when that'll show up on amp sims.

As far as I know it's just a fendery style amp with a tube screamer circuit built in, and it's been around for a few years. I don't know that anyone would bother modeling it because it doesn't really do much that a separate amp and tube screamer could do.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
A while ago I got a P90 from GFS for my Tele (neck position).

I love it (Thanks Manky and Clitch!), but now my stock bridge pickup is... lagging behind a bit, the P90 is quite overpowering; any recommendations for replacement tele bridge pickups? I'd like to keep the "Tele sound" on it tough, I just love how it sounds when I use both at the same time.

Cheers.

/edit: who wants to go fishing?

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 16, 2013

coolbian57
Sep 27, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Anyone know what to do in order to avoid hand injury from too much playing? I'm on the last couple days of a two week vacation period from work and have spent the time working on side projects at home, and settling back into my old routine of a solid three hours practicing each day. Last time I did this I ended up with severe cramps in my fretting hand after a few days, so I went back to just an hour a day of practice. My playing comes along leaps and bounds with the extra time invested and since i have that time to kill I'd rather spend it on guitar than sitting on my backside watching television. So far everything's been going smoothly but I'm starting to feel a stiffness and light throbbing at the bottom knuckle of my ring finger on my fretting hand. Anyway to avoid this other than, "stop playing"? You read stories of people playing ten hours every day for years and start to wonder how they did it without their hands falling off. :/

You'd want to lay off for a while before playing again, and it will be worth it because you'll get some serious gains from the break (your muscles will have time to develop). You can still strum around and play for fun, but avoid any serious work. Next time make sure to do your warmups slowly and evenly before playing, especially stretch exercises.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
http://store.guitarfetish.com/Alnico-Fatbody-Oversized-Polepiece-Tele-Bridge-Pickup_p_75.html

This should fix your balance problem. Or maybe the overwound one that's next up - anyone got a solid opinion?
Either way, the Fatbody should balance the P90 nicely. And still sound extremely much like a Tele.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Francostein posted:

The way you're playing may be something to look at, but its hard to tell from just your post. But it sounds likes run of the mill repetitive stress injury. There's a lot of ways to fix the causes and I'd suggest checking out the goon doctor and asking them about it because they'll likely know about stretches/massages/activities you can do to help.

My apologies, I should've explained just what I was doing to cause the problem. I suck at trills and a particular song I'm learning has a few double stop trills. Index finger anchored with ring finger used for the trill. After a while of practicing I get the stiffness in my ring finger, and sometimes a burning in my forearm while practicing the trill. I avoided working on trills today but the stiffness is still present, although not as bad as it was this morning.

Verizian posted:

You could try an elasticated bandage or light pressure cuff on your forearms.

I have severe hypermobility leading to chronic pain syndrome and that helps me. In turn the guitar practice helps strengthen my arms and has let me sign my own name for the first time in ten years without my thumb joint becoming red and swollen.

Thankfully its not so bad that there's any persistent pain in my forearm. The light burning tends to only happen when working on quick passages and goes away as soon as I stop. I will keep the suggestion in mind though. Thankyou.

coolbian57 posted:

You'd want to lay off for a while before playing again, and it will be worth it because you'll get some serious gains from the break (your muscles will have time to develop). You can still strum around and play for fun, but avoid any serious work. Next time make sure to do your warmups slowly and evenly before playing, especially stretch exercises.

But, I want to playyyyyy... I suppose I could work on picking technique over open strings while I give my fretting hand a rest.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 16, 2013

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yo anybody know of some acoustics with florentine cutaways that I can get on the cheap?

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-pr5-e-acoustic-electric-guitar
My friend has one of these in vintage sunburst. It's easy to play and sounds good.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

A lot of Dean's acoustics have florentine cutaways

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Edmond Dantes posted:

A while ago I got a P90 from GFS for my Tele (neck position).

I love it (Thanks Manky and Clitch!), but now my stock bridge pickup is... lagging behind a bit, the P90 is quite overpowering; any recommendations for replacement tele bridge pickups? I'd like to keep the "Tele sound" on it tough, I just love how it sounds when I use both at the same time.

The Mean 90's are apparently wound to around 8k, whereas most tele bridge pickups are around 7 (give or take). Plus, there's greater string travel in the neck position, which is why it's not unusual on vintage dual P90 guitars, such as an ES330, to see wildly discrepant volumes between the two pickups individually.

How much play do you have with the P90 in the neck? Can you drop its height?

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

duckfarts posted:

I have one and it has its pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Manual controls for the pedals is rad
  • Separate screens for the pedals is rad
  • The tube is rad, and you can swap it out pretty easily
  • It's chock full of stuff, including some neat weird poo poo like a bit crusher
  • It's pretty small
  • Z-pedal can be useful
  • You can get it for pretty cheap
  • You can download user-made patches
  • Zoom's software is reasonably decent
  • The looper is useful
  • Onboard rhythm is basic, but useful
  • The tuner is okay, though a bit wobbly
  • Pretty easy to understand how to use everything

Cons:
  • All the patches are overly loud to start with, level 100 seems higher than it should be
  • Switching patch banks sucks, really wish it had dedicated Bank Up/Down buttons
  • Wish other controls were foot-switchable instead of the dinky buttons at the top
  • Wish cycling through the assload of effects was easier/faster
  • Z-pedal side to side motion isn't smooth, so it's more for something you'd set then leave alone rather than something you'd be moving back and forth as you play(well, doing it to toggle something on/off is fine)
  • No effects return jacks
  • When switching between patches, it sometimes doesn't obey the volume pedal setting and you have to use the volume pedal before the G5 realizes "oh, you want that volume ok"
  • Hard to find a nice padded case for it
  • Power adapter cable is a bit short
  • Online community for it exists, but is kinda small
  • Zoom's Edit & Share online is dead as far as I can tell; go to guitarpatches.com instead

You should go to ashbass's page immediately; he made Effecturator 2000, which is some software to help do batch settings for your patches, which lets you set patch levels to something like 30-60 to help deal with a lot of patches being overly loud. He's also done a bunch of mods and has instructions on how to make your own footswitches for bank select, patch select, tap tempo, and scrolling. Other than those, there's some tips and stuff on his page too.

You can, I think? There's a set of Z-pedal effects which combine some effects already, but you can also just have those effects in your normal loop and set the Z-pedal to adjust the parameters of them in various ways(up/down, turn left, turn right).

E: ^^^ there you go, the picture makes it easier to understand

Had a look at those sites today and got a load of useful information. Another downside is that the physical Tube Booster built in doesn't work over USB connection but it really sounds awesome through headphones and even cheap speakers when you use an amp model.

One thing I need to test a bit more is that the outputs on the G5 show up as USB audio devices and you can set them as playback devices for anything. Then simply apply the Tube Boost at 3 and 5 while playing music files through the headphone output on the G5 to make everything sound richer. Didn't test other effects but it's possible those may work too which means you could use a Rocksmith cable as the input, set it to listen mode in windows sound options and route through the G5 outputs to add an extra guitar input.

Probably not very useful as multiple guitars in one amp would sound like mud hitting mud unless the tones were significantly different but interesting from a technology angle. Could be useful for when I start lessons or for adding backing tracks to the looper function.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

jwh posted:

The Mean 90's are apparently wound to around 8k, whereas most tele bridge pickups are around 7 (give or take). Plus, there's greater string travel in the neck position, which is why it's not unusual on vintage dual P90 guitars, such as an ES330, to see wildly discrepant volumes between the two pickups individually.

How much play do you have with the P90 in the neck? Can you drop its height?

Mmm, not realy sure, I had a luthier install it since he had to modify the body for it to fit, and I haven't taken the pickguard out since then.

I'll check it out next time I switch strings (which should be soon-ish).

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Tryyyy the fatbody. It'll just drop in. And while you're at it, get the good bridge.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Compensated-Tele-Bridge-Brass-Saddles_p_873.html

(warning - check, do you have classic or modern bridge?)
http://store.guitarfetish.com/Alnico-Fatbody-Oversized-Polepiece-Tele-Bridge-Pickup_p_75.html

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have that bridge on my Nashville tele and it ownnnsssss.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Warcabbit posted:

Tryyyy the fatbody. It'll just drop in. And while you're at it, get the good bridge.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Compensated-Tele-Bridge-Brass-Saddles_p_873.html

(warning - check, do you have classic or modern bridge?)

Mmmm, the screws look different in mine. I have the same 3 surrounding the pickup, but I have 3 at the base instead of those 4, and 2 more at the top corners.

Like so:

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

HollisBrown posted:

I really thought that only me and my best friend ever said that.

Most guys in the near 30 range know it. Most younger kids just quote Family Guy. :(

ed

^^^^

You have a new bridge. Old school Tele bridges have the barrels on them instead of individual... posts? Is that what they're called?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Edmond Dantes posted:

Mmm, not realy sure, I had a luthier install it since he had to modify the body for it to fit, and I haven't taken the pickguard out since then.

I'll check it out next time I switch strings (which should be soon-ish).

IF you do want to try the fatboy, let me know, I have a set I could part with for maybe $40.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Edmond Dantes posted:

Mmmm, the screws look different in mine. I have the same 3 surrounding the pickup, but I have 3 at the base instead of those 4, and 2 more at the top corners.

That's a modern bridge. The three at the base as opposed to the four at the base was changed at some point, I think CBS era. No real reason for it, to be honest. Do you have three barrels or six individual saddles?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

HollisBrown posted:

IF you do want to try the fatboy, let me know, I have a set I could part with for maybe $40.

I'll just get the bridge one at GFS probably, I have a P90 on the neck and that baby's not going anywhere.

Warcabbit posted:

That's a modern bridge. The three at the base as opposed to the four at the base was changed at some point, I think CBS era. No real reason for it, to be honest. Do you have three barrels or six individual saddles?

Individual ones. :goleft:

/edit: Now's the point where I start questioning the wisdom of making so many changes on a Squier Affinity instead of just selling her and getting a Classic Vibe or something like that.

/edit2: maybe a Classic Vibe Thinline. :fap:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 17, 2013

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
I want a CV Jaguar for sure.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What do you guys know about pedalboards? I've been wanting something better than my current "plank with carpet stapled on it" for a while and I have a bit of extra money from some overtime I did last month so now seems like a good time. I don't like the ones with power supplies included as I hear they suck and I already have a dc brick and Ill get a voodoo pedal power eventually if I need to power more pedals.

My friend recommended NYC pedalboards and they seem pretty nice and decently priced for all the features and spergy level detailed options available. Has anyone heard of them or has any other options for me to look at?

Also I'm going to get a set of those customizable planet waves patch cables with the board so I can have my board look clean as opposed to the jumbled rats nest it usually looks like.

The edits are from retardo spelling errors my phone should have in its autocorrect by now, like "ulillillia"

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 17, 2013

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I just got my first guitar and have been playing it through a headphone amp (Monoprice's amPlug knockoff).

I'd like to get a combo amp to start playing around with modeling different sounds and so I don't always have to wear headphones when I'm practicing.

If I'm not anticipating a need to take my amp anywhere is there any reason to get one of the portable/battery-powered amps (Roland Micro Cube, Vox Mini3) instead of just buying something like a Fender Mustang I which isn't portable but has a bigger speaker, USB interface and more models? They are all around the same $110 price range.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
Unless you absolutely need the size/portability go with the Mustang.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

I'd recommend not skimping on the amp, whatever you do. Spend a little extra money and consider the Fender Mustang II (12 inch speaker versus 8), or the Excelsior, which is an admittedly weird, but surprisingly cool little amp.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Edmond Dantes posted:

Individual ones. :goleft:
/edit: Now's the point where I start questioning the wisdom of making so many changes on a Squier Affinity instead of just selling her and getting a Classic Vibe or something like that.

Well, if they're individual, that's what you're gonna get. Have fun making this yours. And really, just have fun hacking at it.
Basically, the fourth or fifth thing about a tele is that you can generally fix anything you do to it, it's just that simple.
Go wild with your Affinity, have fun.

PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE
Sep 24, 2002

Parker Lewis posted:

I just got my first guitar and have been playing it through a headphone amp (Monoprice's amPlug knockoff).

I'd like to get a combo amp to start playing around with modeling different sounds and so I don't always have to wear headphones when I'm practicing.

If I'm not anticipating a need to take my amp anywhere is there any reason to get one of the portable/battery-powered amps (Roland Micro Cube, Vox Mini3) instead of just buying something like a Fender Mustang I which isn't portable but has a bigger speaker, USB interface and more models? They are all around the same $110 price range.

The Mustang is a great product for how much it costs. I've had one for 3 months or so now and I absolutely love it. If portability isn't an issue definitely go for some flavor of the Mustang.

8-Bit Dracula
Dec 31, 2007

Anyone have experience with the Vox TB181C or the AC15? I'm looking for a clean amp without any extra effects except perhaps some gain, reverb etc. Something to add pedals to. They're fairly priced and look nice but I'm open to other suggestions.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Warcabbit posted:

Well, if they're individual, that's what you're gonna get. Have fun making this yours. And really, just have fun hacking at it.
Basically, the fourth or fifth thing about a tele is that you can generally fix anything you do to it, it's just that simple.
Go wild with your Affinity, have fun.

Is it worth it changing the bridge if I can't fit a classic one in there? I read somewhere that the brass saddles really add to the sound, but the modern ones seem to be the same as my current (stock) one.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

8-Bit Dracula posted:

Anyone have experience with the Vox TB181C or the AC15? I'm looking for a clean amp without any extra effects except perhaps some gain, reverb etc. Something to add pedals to. They're fairly priced and look nice but I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm not really a huge fan of how Vox the company is run these days. The amps are fine, but I'd rather not give them money. IMO nobody does better cleans than Fender, and you could get a Bassman or something in your price range pretty easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Edmond Dantes posted:

Is it worth it changing the bridge if I can't fit a classic one in there? I read somewhere that the brass saddles really add to the sound, but the modern ones seem to be the same as my current (stock) one.

That's what I was saying. It's not worth screwing with. If you really feel like it, you could try to change the saddles to something with a little more mass. But not worth it right now.