Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Have we ever got any confirmation that NK has actually been defeated 99 times? Maybe the reason it has to be done over and over again with nobody apparently remembering anything other than the first time, is because he keeps winning and destroying history or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

Have we ever got any confirmation that NK has actually been defeated 99 times? Maybe the reason it has to be done over and over again with nobody apparently remembering anything other than the first time, is because he keeps winning and destroying history or whatever?

Well, if he's literally bench pressing reality like that (This could just be a SuperNova style attack) then I could see it, yeah.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 18, 2015

inverts
Jul 6, 2014
Well Rosemaster at least does say that they've suffered 99 defeats. I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that NK or another Disaster Master is also affecting her memories though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well, if he's literally bench pressing reality like that (This could just be a SuperNova style attack) then I could see it, yeah.

The animation finishes, and the gang are standing right there they were except Carrot's nose is bruised, Cucumber has a cut on his cheek, and Almond has sprained her wrist.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

The animation finishes, and the gang are standing right there they were except Carrot's nose is bruised, Cucumber has a cut on his cheek, and Almond has sprained her wrist.
Well, no, their christmas is going to be hosed either way (and Almond will be lucky to not get the n'th degree off of Cucumber for all this) but not to the fatal degree that literal reality bench press will do to them.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 18, 2015

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dude i hate to say this but you are reading the comic wrong please find something that matches your needs better

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

You're right. I've taken action to enjoy the comic in a way conducive to "reading it right".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

You're right. I've taken action to enjoy the comic in a way conducive to "reading it right".
I'm not going to ask you to stop reading it, but your posts lately are a real bummer, would you consider maybe not posting because it always tends to stir the pot?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Personally I'd think we'd all be much better off if he stopped reading the comic but that dude just not posting about it anymore is a pretty solid compromise

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in cucumber quest, carrot gets wrecked :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nightmare Knight more like Rudemare Rude

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat Carrot got owned

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Carrot: assume Yamcha pose

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
yeah well it worked, so

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Link to the comic when it updates, you nerds:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-572/

Carrot, this could've been avoided if you had just drawn NK some colorful illustrations of what "mercy" looks like.

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/557507106878652416

drak posted:

has anyone ever said a nice thing about carrot. this poor grown-rear end man just getting owned by children left n right

pizzafriend420 posted:

HOW COULR THE NIGHTMARE KNIGHT SAY THAT THATS SO MEAN!!!!! I HATE HIM I HATE HIM HE'S TOO MEAN!!!

gigi posted:

@pizzafriend420 JUST WRINGS THE JUICE OUT OF THIS TWEET AND DRINKS IT

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nerd status: crushed

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
More hidden comment text on this comic.

hey, at least you're alive. the pitiful wheel gets the grease

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Nightmare Knight takes his job as a spirit crushing mailman seriously. So now that he's sufficiently crushed Carrot's spirit he can deliver that letter Parfait gave him.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
The more the comic craps on Carrot over how useless he is, the more I come to like him. He's becoming one of my favourite characters now. :unsmith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Magypsy posted:

The more the comic craps on Carrot over how useless he is, the more I come to like him. He's becoming one of my favourite characters now. :unsmith:

Carrot's not really useless: he manged to guilt Nightmare Knight into letting Cumber and Almond go, that's pretty impressive. Nightmare Knight is just insulting him and acting like a douche to save face.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Carrot's not really useless: he manged to guilt Nightmare Knight into letting Cumber and Almond go, that's pretty impressive. Nightmare Knight is just insulting him and acting like a douche to save face.

Yeah, double-night may be disparaging tears as a weapon, but they totally just worked.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

drak posted:

has anyone ever said a nice thing about carrot. this poor grown-rear end man just getting owned by children left n right
Well, presumably Parfait, for one.

But yeah, Carrot is by no means useless, he's just not martially inclined. Similar to Cucumber, really.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I can't think of anything useful he's really done before this, though.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Magypsy posted:

Found the bomb on the ship (w/ Nautilus's help).

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Also he's still trying to wing some way he can deliver the letter without revealing himself as a big softy. So far he's leaning towards "oh apparently I've had some trash stuck to my foot all the way from Doughnut Kingdom. I'll throw this trash at you now, since you, yourself, are also trash. I'm not looking at the piece of trash okay I don't know what it is"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

source

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I don't think he's their friend, he's more of a communal punching bag.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

WarpedNaba posted:

They were never really friends, he just kind of follows them around and they don't hate him.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

They were never really friends, he just kind of follows them around and they don't hate him.
but that's what friends are???

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

WarpedNaba posted:

Well yeah, he's the party's tank.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

"YOU CAN'T USE WEAKNESS AS A WEAPON."
"It's the only one I've got."

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Magypsy posted:

He rocked the gently caress out of that dress

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Paul.Power posted:

Well, presumably Parfait, for one.

"The famous coward."
"Ah, you've 'eard of him."

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well yeah, I don't think she's under any illusion that he's brave.

But she presumably likes something about him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paul.Power posted:

Well yeah, I don't think she's under any illusion that he's brave.

But she presumably likes something about him.

Do we know him to be good at anything? Because apparently he's not a fighter and if you're not a fighter then what else are you good for?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
He might be wicked at poetry.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

He can fold a mean napkin.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
How quickly we forget.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
New page!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-573/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Panel 5 Cucumber: :stare:

Also those are some pretty new expressions for Almond.