Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t know what’s going on in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

uhh.. thanks Amazon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm done buying SS figures. Every single one that is out at retail has an OSKO on the way, usually with far better paint.
Sorry HasTak, you've lost me on this line.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They lost me the minute they decided to make more lovely movie bots.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

I'm done buying SS figures. Every single one that is out at retail has an OSKO on the way, usually with far better paint.

unless the OSKOs are also all in scale with each other, you've lost the plot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Grimlock is not in scale with any of them in either mode. Ditto for Ratchet. And as we've cover extensively, I don't give any of the fucks i have left about scale.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

Can you please stop this gimmick.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i have never gimmickposted in my life

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're also re-releasing non SS bots as SS bots and they don't scale for poo poo so Hasbro themselves have stopped giving a poo poo.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

They lost me the minute they decided to make more lovely movie bots.
Yeah. Never movie toys.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Call 1-800-OSKO-OFF For help with your OS KO addiction

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Call 1-800-OSKO-OFF For help with your OS KO addiction

I don't need help considering the bulk of the ones I buy are better than the original release.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Anyone else kinda wish that undersized Knockoffs were more of a thing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

You're weird.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

drrockso20 posted:

Yes, everyone would go all-in legends or deluxe size.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's weird how 3P seems to ignore deluxe class entirely.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Voyager is the one true scale.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe the money's just not in it for 'em since that market is pretty well served by Hastak.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some sort of cost effectiveness for resources probably. But some of the 3P combines are deluxes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's true, and heck, I did just make a big effortpost about Quantron, everyone there is a small deluxe (or a big slightly partsforming Voyager). I can't speak to other 3p combiners, but Quantron shipped 2014 judging by Peaugh's review videos, and CW started shipping 2015. So the G1 combiner market WAS underserved... then Combiner Wars hit with the force of a hundred Alpha Bravo repaints.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

drrockso20 posted:

I would like more (slightly oversized) legends-class toys, because they're the best.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
This is... a thing.

At least we have some idea of how the game works though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Legends for the small guys so like, the casset bots and Bumble Bee and whatever

Deluxe for the normal guys like Arcee, Ironhide, Starscream

Voyager for the big guys Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave

Leader for the giant fuckers Scorponok, combiners

Unicron is Titan Class

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Store listings have confirmed the Micromaster Air Strike Patrol, Targetmaster Blowpipe, Skytread (aka Flywheels), Megatron, and Shockwave for the micromaster, battlemaster, deluxe, voyager, and Leader price points in the first wave of Siege.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Ontario Walmarts did me well. Found G1 Devastator in Ottawa, found G1 Starscream on Niagara!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Prime masters at one of my local wal-marts are going for $1.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Any of wave 3?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Ontario Walmarts did me well. Found G1 Devastator in Ottawa, found G1 Starscream on Niagara!

Oh man I so want a Devastator but seems like US stores are a barren wasteland that hasn’t seen any yet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hun-Grr arrived for my birthday yesterday. Can't wait to open him this weekend.

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Hun-Grr arrived for my birthday yesterday. Can't wait to open him this weekend.

I got mine yesterday too. Still trying to find Blot for less than $35.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Will BBTS ever get Op Op in or will I be stuck waiting on my pile of loot for another month

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

Tighclops posted:

Will BBTS ever get Op Op in or will I be stuck waiting on my pile of loot for another month

Found myself asking the same question today. That figure seems to be stuck on a ship somewhere.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
IF Nova Prime looks really cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

IF Nova Prime looks really cool.

Agreed, I just have no desire to buy him.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
excuse me for the noobish question, but since I'm just starting to build my collection up - whats a decent price to pay for a MP-10 ?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Probably wait til the new version is out and then get him for nothing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
<cough cough> knockoff <cough cough>

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

Probably wait til the new version is out and then get him for nothing?
If you don't mind getting an open one, this is probably the way to go. New-in-box, looks like they're anywhere from $150-$250 on eBay, depending on which version you're looking at. I think that's about the same as what they went for originally, and I think that's a good price.

Rhyno posted:

<cough cough> knockoff <cough cough>
Actual regular-sized knockoffs of MP-10 are harder to find that the authentic figures, as far as I know, and for starting to build a collection you probably want the Optimus that scales with he other MPs. Not the case if you want a BAPE one or something, of course. I don't know why the KO manufacturers don't just make regular Primes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

sba posted:

excuse me for the noobish question, but since I'm just starting to build my collection up - whats a decent price to pay for a MP-10 ?
Are you a stickler for scale or it having to be authentic or do you just want the mold to fiddle with, because MPP10, the well-known oversized knockoff is often buy able brand new shipped for like 60-70 bucks on ebay. I have one and he's flawless, as good if not better than the original, and huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Look I saw this at the weekend. He’s huuuuge.