Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Do you make portable RO machines for dialysis purposes as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Not at this time, no. We do mainly bigger custom systems rather than standard products, though we do have a residential line for small under the sink / household use stuff. Nothing medical grade though.

TrueChaos fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 30, 2017

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Just to make sure, $20 bills aren't supposed to have Chinese writing on them right?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

TrueChaos posted:

medical grade

:homebrew: x100

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

I'm just catching up on this thread and I wanted to single this post out because it's really good and I feel like it deserves appreciation.

Thank you, I missed it. god drat

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I didn't think of the implications of low pH on the infrastructure. Where I work we're more about commercial vending/restaurant equipment so we really only care about scale, which Vancouver has like none of. We did have pH treatment guys come by and pitch some woo about about how changing the pH turns it into healing water though, which didn't make a lot of sense to me chemically (does it even matter since it's going through your stomach first anyway?).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > CanPol Megathread: We're all fluoride babies here

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

pH treatment into healing water is bullshit snakeoil.

I will throw out that it's entirely possible to provide clean drinking water to all of the native populations that are currently without. The problem (outside of cost!) is competent operators. A good operator will make or break a system, and in my mind what truly needs to happen is the proper training of operators to run the systems that would be installed. A class 4 (highest level) operator requires a 4 year university degree in a related science program, though the lower levels are significantly less (at least in Ontario).

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

our tap water is unfluoridated but i still wound up retarded and gay

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

THC posted:

This explains everything

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 26, 2018

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

THC posted:

svend robinson is a goon

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

same but ironically

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

THC posted:

It's because you went to the dentist and they gave you fluoride there. And in your toothpaste too.

You can tell you're free, smart, and straight by how frequently your teeth fall out.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

TrueChaos posted:

This is accurate, though I would expect that the city is raising the ph to a suitable level and these companies are likely snake oil. Low pH will result in corrosion of copper pipes, as well as potential leeching of copper and lead into the drinking water.

This is basically why Flint has lead in their water, they increased the chlorine to deal with bacteria and all the old lead pipes started leeching.

Source for all this is that I design potable water treatment systems for a living.

Metro Vancouver does state that they add lime and sodium carbonate to raise the pH. I just had a look at the water monitoring report for my area and it is 7.1-7.4 for the month.

You'd be much more qualified than me to discern if these companies are snake oil. It sounds like they add minerals to the water which is something the city maybe doesn't do.

https://www.1clearwater.com
https://www.hytecwater.com

I forgot when I heard about this service but I recall I was immediately skeptical. You really would think Metro Vancouver would do all they can to get the water right and limit damage to pipes.

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

THC posted:

People like you are probably the reason Windsor is flooding again. We were warned!

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Femtosecond posted:

Metro Vancouver does state that they add lime and sodium carbonate to raise the pH. I just had a look at the water monitoring report for my area and it is 7.1-7.4 for the month.

You'd be much more qualified than me to discern if these companies are snake oil. It sounds like they add minerals to the water which is something the city maybe doesn't do.

https://www.1clearwater.com
https://www.hytecwater.com

I forgot when I heard about this service but I recall I was immediately skeptical. You really would think Metro Vancouver would do all they can to get the water right and limit damage to pipes.

The municipality will prevent damage to their pipes, but what gets put in condos etc is beyond their control.

That said, at over 7 there shouldn't be any issues. As for health effects, soft water typically is lacking in minerals (iron, calcium, all that kind of stuff) compared to what would be described as hard water. Honestly as long as it meets the provincial standards (which I can pretty much guarantee metro Vancouver water does) there's no need to add or take poo poo out of it.

Also, don't drink deionized water, it will make you sick.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The guys who came by us were flogging the chanson countertop machines. It claims to "balance blood pH" because obviously everything you eat never interacts with stomach acids and goes directly into your blood. That's why I had to cut down on maple syrup.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/andrewscheer/status/901450427610177537

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Scheer looks like one of those religious nutjobs who show up at your door except instead of bringing the Good Word of Our Lord And Saviour it's the Positive Vision of Low Taxes

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

quote:

Andrew Scheer's honeymoon as the leader of the Conservative Party is the worst any new party leader has experienced in 14 years

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4265903

Sad

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tochiazuma posted:

Scheer looks like one of those religious nutjobs who show up at your door except instead of bringing the Good Word of Our Lord And Saviour it's the Positive Vision of Low Taxes

Pourquoi pas les deux ensemble?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I wanna know why no one is playing up scheer's support for white nationalist media.

Oh right it's because Canadians are loving dumb

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cbc too busy handwringing over antifa upending a few bins in berkeley

gently caress berkeley btw

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Wedge Regret

namaste faggots posted:

I wanna know why no one is playing up scheer's support for white nationalist media.

Psst. Canada is very racist.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how the hell did sheer even win when were the primaries when was our RNC??? we didnt even get to vote that poo poo was 100% rigged

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

Just to make sure, $20 bills aren't supposed to have Chinese writing on them right?

Only in New Brunswick.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

THC posted:

cbc too busy handwringing over antifa upending a few bins in berkeley

gently caress berkeley btw

I see someone got rejected

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

how the hell did sheer even win when were the primaries when was our RNC??? we didnt even get to vote that poo poo was 100% rigged

You are legit a retarded fluoride baby fyi

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

God I am so sick of low tax pitches from politicians. Like, Jesus loving Christ, can't any of you articulate a meaningful vision for the country aside from MIDDLE CLASS SMALL BUSINESS TAX CUTS.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

America Is Already Great!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
A good friend of mine who makes about $180k year and is a Toronto suburban dweller won't shut the gently caress up about how his taxes are too high and how daycare is too expensive.

Basically kill everyone in Toronto because they all vote Tory

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

namaste faggots posted:

https://www.insidehalton.com/opinion-story/7528341-mulroney-denounced-racism-in-the-80s-why-can-t-andrew-scheer-right-now-mochama/

Mulroney: “I’m aware of strains of anti-Semitism that come from Alberta and elsewhere... I tell you that racism and anti-Semitism will be resisted with all of the vigor that I personally, as Prime Minister, can summon ... This is the bane of the existence of a civilized society.”

Scheer: Mumble blurmble I won't talk to the Rebel for a bit

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

the thread title is literally a joke from 'our RNC'

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

namaste faggots posted:

A good friend of mine who makes about $180k year and is a Toronto suburban dweller won't shut the gently caress up about how his taxes are too high and how daycare is too expensive.

Basically kill everyone in Toronto because they all vote Tory

Well sure, but what Toronto suburb are we talking here? There's like, the actual suburbs, and then the places that were suburbs but are now part of the city.

They both suck and will only be redeemed when the sun expands to scour the the earth, but only one of them has a vote here.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
drat some community newsletter from buttfuck Ontario unleashing the hounds on scheer

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

No linking Eric Grenier please

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Scheer won because the Bernier Bros couldn't get to the vote in time since they were held up by the anime convention that was literally being held next door to the Conservative convention.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservative-members-frustrated-by-voting-difficulties-1.3432284

quote:

One Conservative member travelled all the way from Fort McMurray, Alta. with his wife to attend the Toronto conference. He said the candidates’ speeches on Friday night changed his mind, and he planned to vote for his new choice Saturday.

But unexpected traffic delays of up to one hour outside the Toronto Congress Centre, which was also hosting a massive anime convention, meant that he didn’t get to the ballot box in time.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Leofish posted:

Scheer won because the Bernier Bros couldn't get to the vote in time since they were held up by the anime convention that was literally being held next door to the Conservative convention.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservative-members-frustrated-by-voting-difficulties-1.3432284

So Star Trek gave the U.S. Barack Obama, and anime gave us Andrew Scheer.

Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Leofish posted:

lmao