Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Luna is a pretty bad gun now and i barley ever get killed by it or NF anymore. And i dont see all that many blade barrages either. I see a lot more spectral and arc.

One thing you will be noticing is a hell of a lot more Erentil and snipers.

The meta in general is a lot more varied now

I'm gonna guess he smashed that fuckin Mayhem queue because More Supers Is More Fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Welp, my internal drive is finally making GBS threads itself, upgrade day is upon me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I went to the aquarium and a pillar made me think of you dorks

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That is a loving huge Bone Zone.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Is that Rasheed there in the khakis?

No, don't see any hill under him to die on.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emron posted:

I'm gonna guess he smashed that fuckin Mayhem queue because More Supers Is More Fun!

Good point. Yeah i totally forgot mayhem existed because i refuse to play that poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Good point. Yeah i totally forgot mayhem existed because i refuse to play that poo poo

But who doesn't love a fine evening of crucible: nova bomb and blade barrage only mode

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
They should make it so that your super is random in Mayhem, and you don't know what it will be until you cast it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fiesta mode for destiny plz

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Emron posted:

I played a game of mayhem for fun but the round I was referring to was rumble. Probably more tryhards in rumble than quick play but also no 6 stacks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

No, don't see any hill under him to die on.

That’s cause you’re old as poo poo and need glasses!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tei posted:

First impression of the Thorn in pvp:

I don't like that green blobs things, but the weapon kill stuff fast. The damage numbers that used to pop from enemies are almost gone and now have a weird animation so is much worse to track enemies.
I believe the green effect is toned down, and tryiing to paint green a fallen dropship failed. All in all, with 2 mayor parts of the weapon nerfed, is still a fun weapon to use, and make me laugth evilishly every time that I kill somebody (:

The Green blobs own, they give you bullets back and let you kill in 2 headshots. The audio cue and green screen effect have both been hugely toned down because they were egregious in d1. You can still paint ships. Like the threshers that come along during public events.

Ran a heroic menagerie last night got no sword or ship but did get 7 enhancement cores because the roll on Austringer it gave me was terrible. Heroic is fun and challenging enough though, had a couple of rear end in a top hat puckering moments when we only had one person left alive. I think 2 out of 6 of our team got swords and 1 person got a ship. Not too terrible a drop rate I guess. I'm surprised there was no menagerie triumph just for doing it.

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

hey guys is the game good yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That’s cause you’re old as poo poo and need glasses!!!!!

60% of the world needs glasses, I am part of the cool crowd.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheSwingLord posted:

maybe

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TheSwingLord posted:

Sure, it's good. But is it good enough?

TheSwingLord
Feb 12, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sure, it's good. But is it good enough?

good enough for me - is everyone using the discord to organize things? i wanna get my moments of triumph to prove that i'm still a valid Bungie Consumer and need to do the two new raids

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TheSwingLord posted:

I bought the Forsaken Pass a week before Season of Opulence came out and I’ve been playing this game almost daily. There’s so much to do now.

bigger thicker loads
Feb 28, 2003

you know you want it
Can I get an invite to the PlayStation clan? I'm just getting back into the game and it would be rad to play with some chill bros. Ericd_1979 is my account.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Just some stuff from the past week

https://youtu.be/E3olz6WFC4c

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Im not getting any rewards or valor playibg PvP right now.

Something is majorly busted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Seems to be a symptm of this:

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1150194681440923649

uwu, someone made a fucky wucky

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

uwu, someone made a fucky wucky

Lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got the maintenance banner, but even after logging back in poo poo is still crappy. Hard to zone into the tower for example, repeated boots back to orbit.

Someone forgot to feed the server hamster or something.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well, I got the new internal ssd installed and D2 is crispy as gently caress. Too bad it's borked on the bungie side again laffo

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
yeah I'm having huge connectivity issues tonight (PS4)

also, I'm loving the well - it definitely scratches the Mass Effect 3 MP itch. since I'm done with the entire main story (including forsaken), what else should I focus on now? I've avoided MP stuff since I don't have a headset, but I finished my first Forge before the servers went down. I'm loath to buy a headset since I already have a few pairs of good headphones (and AirPods), but ModMic looks like such an ugly kludge

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

curried lamb of God posted:

yeah I'm having huge connectivity issues tonight (PS4)

also, I'm loving the well - it definitely scratches the Mass Effect 3 MP itch. since I'm done with the entire main story (including forsaken), what else should I focus on now? I've avoided MP stuff since I don't have a headset, but I finished my first Forge before the servers went down. I'm loath to buy a headset since I already have a few pairs of good headphones (and AirPods), but ModMic looks like such an ugly kludge

You don't need a headset to play in basic MP (quickplay, rumble, weekly playlist, gambit), no one opts into voice in those modes anyway. You also do not need a headset for forges or menagerie, the season 7 activity that you probably have a quest to unlock now. You can have some success in comp or gambit prime without a team/headset but it's really not the recommended way to play them and you'll get your rear end kicked a lot.

You *do* need a headset if you want to win consistently in MP as part of an organized team, or if you want to do the raids, which are the things you should be grinding towards if you're done with all the other PVE content. At the end of Forsaken you should be more than high enough to immediately do the pre-Forsaken raids. A headset is also strongly recommended for Shattered Throne, a time-limited Dreaming City event that happens next week, and for exotic quests.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

curried lamb of God posted:

Download the destiny 2 phone app and use the fireteam LFG thing for endgame group stuff like nightfalls, the exotic gun missions, shattered throne, etc. look for things with ‘no mic’ in the description

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

yamdankee posted:

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're sub 2k glory, you won't have to.

:getin:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Now Alpha Lupi is my new best friend

https://i.imgur.com/n3cyicK.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/tGB7xPT.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/7fbMiCg.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/7NLxJ2D.gifv

Kamaitachi
Feb 20, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Can I get a clan invite?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what's the deal with the shriekers in the juju mission? sometimes none appear, othertimes 4 appear at once and blast my dick off

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The shriekers only trigger when you go to spots they don't want you to chill out. In the dog room that means stay in the grass. In the last room that means mix it up away from the entrance platform.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Kamaitachi posted:

Can I get a clan invite?

Sent

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's a bunch of shriekers high up in the air in the dog room. Bungie thought of just about everything with that room.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Emperor's Gladiator sucks rear end by the way.

Get 400 points. Each piece of Calus Gear you're wearing gives you 2 points on win, and 1 point on loss. An exotic weapon gives a bonus 2 or 1

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Emperor's Gladiator sucks rear end by the way.

Get 400 points. Each piece of Calus Gear you're wearing gives you 2 points on win, and 1 point on loss. An exotic weapon gives a bonus 2 or 1

That's 50 games wearing calus gear(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

1. It's ugly and I don't like the Ornaments.
2. I can't cheese the Tributes for the Catalyst and do not want to grind them in a world where the cheese exists.
3. I'm real butthurt about it all.