Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Rifftrax just tweeted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAwvvfKNRw

Also, all the LOTR riffs are $1 off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lynx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUAwvvfKNRw

What a likable little video :allears:

Hoh-bit.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Lynx posted:

I loving love Mike, Kevin and Bill and could watch them sit around and talk about movies for hours.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't wait for the Hobbit rifftrax.

There was such a disgusting amount of unnecessary whimsy in that turd that it made Harry Potter movies look like nihilistic German cinema.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't wait for the Hobbit rifftrax.

There was such a disgusting amount of unnecessary whimsy in that turd that it made Harry Potter movies look like nihilistic German cinema.

And more CGI characters than the HP franchise.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Painfully stupid CGI like the white orc and the goblin king aside:

Why was the elf on horseback in a static shot in Rivendell CGI?

Is lovely, obvious, abysmal-looking CGI really cheaper than an extra in a wig on a horse?

Peter Jackson has gone George Lucas. Bring on Mike and the boys, and the inevitable RedLetterMedia review.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Peter Jackson has gone George Lucas. Bring on Mike and the boys, and the inevitable RedLetterMedia review.

If Plinkett were to fade into obscurity, I'd be so loving happy.

Also: How dare Peter Jackson put whimsy in his adaptation of a whimsical book. How loving dare he. Sorry he didn't add pillaging and dwarf rape to match your fantasy expectations.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 19, 2012

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
My thought is a super-goblin who runs a massive child sex-trafficking ring. We can see Gandalf beat up somebody whom we have a proper reason to hate and rescue genuine victims of the kind we agonize over in the news all the time.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, they're doing a one night rebroadcast of both Plan 9 and Manos in January. I missed both the first time since they weren't in my city. I've already caught Plan 9 but I definitely want to go see Manos.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd love to see Torgo and Tor Johnson fight crime and alien zombies together.

I'm actually shocked it's not a nerdbait comic book series, actually.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm rewatching the LOTR trilogy with the Rifftrax since their sale reminded me it existed.

Loving it!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
yessssssss the new Christmas VOD is out tomorrow!

TookyG
Dec 18, 2012

I guess I just picked a whole bouquet of oopsy daisies.

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, they're doing a one night rebroadcast of both Plan 9 and Manos in January. I missed both the first time since they weren't in my city. I've already caught Plan 9 but I definitely want to go see Manos.

You need to see Manos. It was absolutely hilarious. One of the best things they've done in my mind.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Piper posted:

yessssssss the new Christmas VOD is out tomorrow!

Their new Facebook wallpaper:

I think it's going to be all three shorts. :dance:

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Rifftrax just announced the dates for the Manos and Plan 9 encores. Manos is on January 24th and Plan 9 is January 31st.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And the VOD for Santa Villiage (which has all three shorts) is out for only $5! Oh man, it so weird seeing the set from the Santa Claus movie again.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rirse posted:

And the VOD for Santa Villiage (which has all three shorts) is out for only $5! Oh man, it so weird seeing the set from the Santa Claus movie again.

Where are you seeing this? I just checked their Facebook and rifftrax.com, and couldn't find it.

Also, how long is it? I usually hate Christmas movies since I'm a Grinch, but Ice Cream Bunny is one of my favorite Rifftrax things.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

IUG posted:

Where are you seeing this? I just checked their Facebook and rifftrax.com, and couldn't find it.

Also, how long is it? I usually hate Christmas movies since I'm a Grinch, but Ice Cream Bunny is one of my favorite Rifftrax things.

I saw the link on their Youtube page and it now showing up on the front page of Rifftrax. Not watch it yet (only saw the sample), but it 45 minutes long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't show up on their main page but if you use the "Buy Rifftrax" link its the first item.

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/christmas-rifftrax-santas-village-madness

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What in the gently caress am I watching? This makes the Pirates World oeuvre look like a formal discourse on logic.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 22, 2012

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I don't know if I'm just in the precise right mood to be watching it, but the Christmas VOD utterly killed me. Christmas Wolf With Ulcer. And that goddamn Merlin song, it was just wonderful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just got done watching it and they should really do more where they have some live action stuff.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
That was bizarre. I would've been terrified of that as a kid, especially that theme the wolf had. It was very weird to see footage from "Santa Clause" not in the MST3K version.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Robert Denby posted:

... It was very weird to see footage from "Santa Clause" not in the MST3K version.

I think all bizarre Christmas films share notes with one another, be it Ice Cream Bunnies, oddly misplaced folkish/mythical figures and captive Spanish children:

From MST3K episode 521 Santa Claus:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Brutakas posted:

I think all bizarre Christmas films share notes with one another, be it Ice Cream Bunnies, oddly misplaced folkish/mythical figures and captive Spanish children:

They were made by the same people, actually.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure all the bits were just from Santa Claus, except for that one scene in Merlin's lab.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
K. Gordon Murray, who produced the three shorts, did the US version of "Santa Claus", which was a Mexican production. Guess he still had the rights to the footage.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Why is a wolf in charge of the elves? Why is there only one skunk worker? Why Puss-N-Boots why?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who has read one and a half Jack Reacher books, that was a pretty good burn in the Santa riff.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Well you know, kids love it when furries have labor disputes.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'd love to see Torgo and Tor Johnson fight crime and alien zombies together.

I'm actually shocked it's not a nerdbait comic book series, actually.

I'd rather see this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Brutakas posted:

What the hell is going on there? :gonk:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure all the bits were just from Santa Claus, except for that one scene in Merlin's lab.

Pretty sure everything with the ulcerwolf and the hideous mangled puss in boots was new, they sure as hell weren't in the Santa Claus movie.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kojiro posted:

Pretty sure everything with the ulcerwolf and the hideous mangled puss in boots was new, they sure as hell weren't in the Santa Claus movie.

Ulcer Wolf (who's also the worst Metal Gear boss, incidentally) and the Skunk came from a completely different series of Mexican children's films, actually. K. Gordon Murray worked them into these Santa shorts because why the gently caress not.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ulcer Wolf (who's also the worst Metal Gear boss, incidentally) and the Skunk came from a completely different series of Mexican children's films, actually. K. Gordon Murray worked them into these Santa shorts because why the gently caress not.

That just raises more questions! What parts are from Santa's Village? Did he have to recreate the Skunk/Wolf/Puss-N-Boot costumes just to make it all flow together?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Is there a reason the wolf had an enormous sniper rifle in that last short? He never used it or even referred to it, it was just... there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wandering Knitter posted:

That just raises more questions! What parts are from Santa's Village? Did he have to recreate the Skunk/Wolf/Puss-N-Boot costumes just to make it all flow together?

Basically from what I found on the internet, he just took the two characters, made new (cheap-rear end) costumes, and dumped them into Santa's Village with minimal effort to justify it because let's face it, this poo poo was made to be shown in mall theaters to keep screaming kids occupied for an hour or so while the parents bought Cuisinarts and checked out the latest model washer-dryers at the Sears at the other end of the mall.

Kojiro posted:

Is there a reason the wolf had an enormous sniper rifle in that last short? He never used it or even referred to it, it was just... there.

Because he's the original concept design for Sniper Wolf. Instead of a foreign chick with green hair and a broken zipper, it was a pantomime wolf with an ulcer. Look at some of Kojima's decisions and tell me that doesn't make sense. I dare you.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 22, 2012

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

There was a website that profiled these shorts and had a lot of good info on K. Gordon Murray productions, despite having a site design from 1997. I was actually reading up on it a couple of weeks ago, when that creepy skunk anigif was first posted, but it looks like the site's domain name expired literally within the past few days.

Fortunately I found the pages backed up on archive.org. So may I present to a behind-the-scenes look at the madness of Santa's Village...

Santa's Enchanted Village

Santa Claus and His Helpers

Santa's Magic Kingdom

K. Gordon Murray's Fairy Tales

Edit: What's perhaps even more amazing/horrifying is that according to that site, the version of "Santa Claus and His Helpers" that Rifftrax did is actually edited down from a much longer version... one that's almost 40 minutes long. :staredog:

Edit 2:

Here are writeups on the original Mexican Puss 'n Boots and Little Red Riding Hood movies, from which our beloved stinky skunk and ulcer wolf hail from. Like... holy poo poo, Rifftrax should just devote themselves to doing the entire K. Gordon Murray catalogue. It's a treasure trove of childhood insanity.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I would love to meet some adults who watched these nightmares when they were children and get their take. Assuming they aren't in mental institutions.

• Locked thread