Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Awcko posted:

I spent ten minutes working very hard on my first mod for 2K15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIruBWVJO_M

thank god for storing titantron bink videos in a raw-rear end folder

:pcgaming:

i will spend steam dollars on this

I'm playing mycareer and getting owned by bo dallas in nxt. reversals make dark souls parries look pretty simple or maybe i have a mental disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Awcko posted:

Not David Flair enough.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Awcko posted:

I love it, but could you switch the Titantron to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKUMV_YXCGw ? I loving die every time I hear "Roman Reigns had magic beans"

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Just played a Universe match and the replay T-pose bug might be fixed?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are arena textures moddable? Like ring aprons and logos and all that?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If they're discrete files and the tools exist to manipulate them, seems likely. Logos seem pretty straightforward at least. The real test will be adding things instead of just replacing them, because there's a hilariously small amount of slots if the latter is all that's possible.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It would be amazing if the next PC game featured flatout Workshop support. Download ring packs like the console version [on last gen] - but everything is properly textured. Awesome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Golashes posted:

i will spend steam dollars on this

I'm playing mycareer and getting owned by bo dallas in nxt. reversals make dark souls parries look pretty simple or maybe i have a mental disorder

Rusev is kinda brutal, but Bo should be manageable, unless you spent a ton of points on skills/moves instead of stats?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Rusev is kinda brutal, but Bo should be manageable, unless you spent a ton of points on skills/moves instead of stats?

pretty much pumped into stats but mostly defense and striking so maybe I needed more in reversals and grappling

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I have almost max reversals and they still aren't happening. Maybe the timing is broken?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

gypsyshred posted:

I have almost max reversals and they still aren't happening. Maybe the timing is broken?

I've always found in WWE games that reversals is more something you need to "feel" rather than following any onscreen prompts.

Once you get it you really get it though, it got to the point in old games where the CPU couldn't even get a move in on me at hardest difficulties. Not sure if this one is the same.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it is my opinion that you always have to push the reversal button before they initiate the grapple but after they initiate the strike. the grapple animation is too tiny to try to hit it in progress, you basically have to guess at it coming, whereas strike animations you have to catch their limb while it's in mid-air or else you're too early

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Definitely ignore the prompts, if you have those turned on. Their timing has been wonky for several games now. Watch the animations and you'll pick up on when you need to reverse; other than for a few random moves, you can see the wrestlers kind of brace or jerk out of the holding loop when they're going to do an actual move, and that's when you hit reverse. For strikes it's a touch harder because each animation has its own funky timing, but most of the time the reversal window is when their limb is half-extended.

Pumping points into reversals seems to only vaguely increase the reversal window and it doesn't scale smoothly. Don't bother dumping points into reversals unless you have enough points to go up a big chunk at a time. There's a noticable difference in reversal timing every 15-20 points. If you have just a few points to spend and don't want to wait to save up for an increase in reversal, raising the amount of damage you can take is your best bet.
Generally, though, that starting period where you're being destroyed by Bo Dallas and Rusev is normal. The easiest tactic is to concentrate on mixing your moves up and doing your best to fit in a top rope move, a few counters, taunts, a near fall and, if possible, a signature; just accepting that you're going to lose the match, but getting as many points out of each loss as possible, is much eaiser than trying to actually win with an OVR that's not even half your opponents'. It's dull, but after 10-15 grindy matches you should find you've been able to up your stats enough to just brute force past them, and once you're on Superstars you start earning so much that you'll never have to worry about money and stats ever again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My Career mode is pretty awkward now after the whole DeMott thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Once you have the timing for reversals down in a particular game in this series, you will only rarely ever take a grapple move. I wish they went back to two button Strike/grapple reversals like in the first few Smackdown's, made game-play more interesting.

Another thing the early Smackdowns and AKI games did better were Rumbles. This boring as poo poo meter based elimination game is tedious as all hell and I long for the days when stray strikes and gorilla pressing giants could eliminate people without warning. In the modern series 90% of the time you eliminate people in ways that in a televised rumble would just be a rest spot.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 29, 2015

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The rumble thing wouldn't be so awful if it didn't completely limit what normal moves you can do in the middle of the ring, too, and if the CPU would actually still wrestle in those matches instead of just irish whipping over and over.

Surprise, game series with lovely AI for years still has lovely AI in 2015.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That lovely AI, while extremely lovely still, is a massive improvement over couple of years ago when the CPU opponent would just stand there a lot of the time doing nothing, or spin you around on the turnbuckle endlessly, or exhibit obsessive tendencies toward the announce table. 2K14 was a really big improvement just by having the AI be more aggressive.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

remusclaw posted:

Once you have the timing for reversals down in a particular game in this series, you will only rarely ever take a grapple move. I wish they went back to two button Strike/grapple reversals like in the first few Smackdown's, made game-play more interesting.
It really is a huge glaring flaw in the gameplay that they've failed to address for over a decade. The game already has systems in place for damage and stamina; they could at least make that a factor under the hood in determining whether a reversal will work or not. Getting used to the timing should not give you the right to reverse grapple moves 100% of the time. It's terrible, broken design that renders a huge chunk of the gameplay invalid.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The game still feels really floaty and hinky and clumsy and the sound effects suck. and half the animations suck. the combination of these two things means very few of the moves have any impact that makes you go heck yeah that was sweet. triple h ain't doing a little bitchmade chop where his arm doesn't come more than 4 inches away from his own chest.

The thing I like about the game so far is they added way more selling like people crawling across the ring to get up by the ropes and like one time I tried to run up the turnbuckle while exhausted on the apron and the dude sold the whole way up. so that's neat

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

remusclaw posted:

That lovely AI, while extremely lovely still, is a massive improvement over couple of years ago when the CPU opponent would just stand there a lot of the time doing nothing, or spin you around on the turnbuckle endlessly, or exhibit obsessive tendencies toward the announce table. 2K14 was a really big improvement just by having the AI be more aggressive.

Does the CPU kick out at 2 in this one?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That was only a thing in WWE 13, it was fixed in 2k14. Still haven't played next gen 2k15, my 2009 gaming laptop has turned into a pumpkin and I have no interest in a next gen system before I get a newer PC. I have played way too many of these goddamn games over the years, the only reason I persist is an unrequited love for pro wrestling and the fact that this series, as of last gen anyway, still has the best creation suite for characters I have found.

Another little tidbit from 2013, if I remember right, is that in the roll-up pin sequence the AI would never kick out of the backslide at the end. It's no wonder Ric Flair always seemed so terrified of backslides.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 29, 2015

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
My favorite part of this game is when I dominate a match, drop a big power slam, and my character is so exhausted from all the rear end kicking the opponent gets to his feet first.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is the CAW way stripped down or is that just MyCareer mode?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
CAW is so barren it's borderline pointless. It supports texture importing, though it's poorly implemented and the old methods of texture hacking still work better. Who knows how much life it'll have now people have gotten direct access to the model files, though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It would be cool if there ended up being mods to allow any number of competitors in any match type. I seem to remember there being dumb restrictions in the past, like no 1v1 ladder matches.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
In Immortals today I ended up against an unannounced techno-raver gold level Paige of some sort? Not sure what the deal is with that.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a trick to kick outs? I can't seem to get them to work either.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

gypsyshred posted:

Is there a trick to kick outs? I can't seem to get them to work either.
Having the resilience ability helps a bit, but other than that you just need to get used to the system and eat bullshit losses until you figure out the timing for releasing the button (which is ridiculously strict if you have taken any damage at all). They've had this godawful kickout mechanic in the game for years and I've hated it since day one, but at least back then they let you change to the old button mashing system if you wanted to.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Doc Morbid posted:

Having the resilience ability helps a bit, but other than that you just need to get used to the system and eat bullshit losses until you figure out the timing for releasing the button (which is ridiculously strict if you have taken any damage at all). They've had this godawful kickout mechanic in the game for years and I've hated it since day one, but at least back then they let you change to the old button mashing system if you wanted to.

I've lost so many matches to the first pinfall just because I suck at the mechanic haha. It's so awkward when it happens, losing to a nothing move with no build.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

If they insist on keeping the system like this, they could save us a lot of headaches if they put in a training mode where you can practice kicking out of pins for as long as you want. Of course, that would require effort so it's never happening.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So, attempting to edit pyro/lighting/screen effects in Create-An-Entrance crashes my game every time. :thumbsup:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I will take an absolute mess with potential on pc over a moderately broken console game any day. Just look at what modders did for Saints Row 2. 2K15 PC will work correctly someday, even if it takes a ton of work. WWE 13 still doesn't have 2 counts.

I just remembered that for quite a few years releases, copying CAW outfits into a different attire slot would reset the Wrestler's moveset.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 29, 2015

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

AlmightyPants posted:

In Immortals today I ended up against an unannounced techno-raver gold level Paige of some sort? Not sure what the deal is with that.
Added along with Big E and Ultimate Warrior for Extreme Rules. Looks like it'd suit Natalya more, to me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How is WWE 2k15 compared to the
old AKI WCW/WWF games? I haven't watched any wrestling or played any games since the WCW invasion flopped, so around the time of WWE Raw 2 or Smackdown 3 I guess.

I don't really care for the product now but nostalgia is a powerful thing. How does the gameplay compare to games of that era?

Looking at rosters, it seems like I really want WWE 2k14 since it has the whole nWo thing, Goldberg, Bret Hart, Mick and the old Wrestlemania main events. Unfortunately I don't own or plan to own any consoles, so is CAW decent in this?

Are there any game breaking bugs on PC?

Also, I have sunk loads of time and $15 into the new EA UFC mobile f2p game. AMA how not to waste money on this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

are there really only 18 hair options for a created guy

or do i unlock more

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

1st AD posted:

old AKI WCW/WWF games? I haven't watched any wrestling or played any games since the WCW invasion flopped, so around the time of WWE Raw 2 or Smackdown 3 I guess.
It's evolved from those early Smackdown games, but not by a whole lot. It's a slower pace and attempts to be more of a simulation style, but it's still much more like those Smackdown games and nothing like the AKI titles.

quote:

so is CAW decent in this?
It's total dogshit, unless modders really go to town on it.

quote:

Lots of animation bugs, some semi-common crashes.

cams posted:

are there really only 18 hair options for a created guy

or do i unlock more
There are no other parts to unlock. What you have at the start is your lot.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Does it still have the Osaka street cutter in it? That is a move animation that I don't think has changed since Smackdown 2 on the PS1.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

It's total dogshit, unless modders really go to town on it.

There are no other parts to unlock. What you have at the start is your lot.

lol why oh why was the reception for this game so awful!?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

1st AD posted:

I don't really care for the product now but nostalgia is a powerful thing. How does the gameplay compare to games of that era?

Looking at rosters, it seems like I really want WWE 2k14 since it has the whole nWo thing, Goldberg, Bret Hart, Mick and the old Wrestlemania main events. Unfortunately I don't own or plan to own any consoles, so is CAW decent in this?

Also, I have sunk loads of time and $15 into the new EA UFC mobile f2p game. AMA how not to waste money on this.

As a fellow 90s fan, you might enjoy 2k13 more, as the attitude era sim was pitch perfect. But again, you'd need a console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I have to say they didn't do a half-bad job with this port.

:stat::wal: They did an ALL bad job! HOHOHOHOHO!!!"

For real though, it's not a great game and it has some glaring flaws and omissions, but it's still fun. With the modding potential it has, it could go from average-but-fun to really great, so I'm pretty hype.