Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fuligin posted:

I've been getting an odd bug which causes my primary to get replaced by a second, random anti-titan weapon after I eject. Very weird.
You sure you're not just picking them up as you enter your titan? A couple of times I've held down E as I run at my titan and right as I get to it I trip over a weapon and swap at pretty much the same instant as the titan entrance animation starts playing. One memorable instance was me dying with my Charge Rifle out right on top of where my titan dropped and accidentally swapped my primary weapon with it so when I ejected I had two of the same Charge Rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i've definitely done what inh said, its very confusing the first few times you get into a titan holding a smg and get out holding a double take or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

RichterIX posted:

I am the most inconsistent at this game of anything I've ever played. Tonight I put up some of my shittiest matches ever and then proceeded to break 200 in Attrition two or three times in a row.

same. When I group up with peeps we generally always win but I always finish with either 40 or like 110+

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Have they confirmed/denied that there will be entirely new titans, i.e. not like Prime Titans or the new Wingman variant but completely different? There's a bunch of guns from the first game they didn't carry over that they could probably base new titans on, like a lightning titan using the arc cannon or whatever. The quad rocket is even in the campaign, too.

Also I would pay money for Spyglass to be my announcer. :allears:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 1, 2016

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
Give Ronin Triple Threat as a kit!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Frag Man posted:

Give Ronin Triple Threat as a kit!

I would love this so much. The triple threat was one of my favorite weapons, especially on maps like Relic that had a lot of enclosed areas. It even would work well with the blade to push people back as a replacement for big punch.

Seriously though why did they reuse the model for it? They could have at least kept the vertical alt-fire. It would come in handy a lot.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How has Tone been since the patch? I was getting pretty bored with her being The Best Titan.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gunder posted:

How has Tone been since the patch? I was getting pretty bored with her being The Best Titan.

Still the best gun-totin' 50-ton lady, far as I can tell.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Geight posted:

Has anyone had any audio issues with Titanfall 2 on PC? Namely a sort of crackling/static-y noise that gets worse when there's a lot of action on the screen? A friend of mine got the game and is experiencing that, and some cursory googling is indicating that it's a problem Respawn is at least vaguely aware of but has so far been unable to fix, afflicting a wide variety of rigs and headsets.
I get this all the time and it sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gunder posted:

It seems like everyone on PS4 is running Ronin with nuclear core and doom phase and never losing their Titan now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gunder posted:

the splash damage on the 40 mil seems slightly nerfed. Anything but a direct hit seems to do almost no damage. It is still pretty easy to get direct hit though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

In Training posted:

PS4 is running Ronin with nuclear core

That was pre-patch too

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Played with Tone today. I honestly didn't notice anything had changed. Still killed about 5 Titans and a dozen pilots before I went down. I just don't think Tone is fixable without altering the actual kit itself.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is the store still not working? I need to anime up my Ronin.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I haven't logged on yet but a lot of people are saying there's issues, not sure if it's platform dependent

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nalin posted:

Played with Tone today. I honestly didn't notice anything had changed. Still killed about 5 Titans and a dozen pilots before I went down. I just don't think Tone is fixable without altering the actual kit itself.

40mm was the best Titan gun in the first game and surprisingly giving it to the same Titan as the one with particle shields homing missiles and a map hack is a Problem ???

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

RichterIX posted:

I am the most inconsistent at this game of anything I've ever played. Tonight I put up some of my shittiest matches ever and then proceeded to break 200 in Attrition two or three times in a row.

Oy' Richter!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Lemming posted:

40mm was the best Titan gun in the first game and surprisingly giving it to the same Titan as the one with particle shields homing missiles and a map hack is a Problem ???

no problem here

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

HyperPuma posted:

no problem here

I'd like to have the actual vulcan back instead of the Legions... thing

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i still prefer thunderstorm kit over doom phase

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nalin posted:

I just don't think Tone is fixable without altering the actual kit itself.

I know the suggestion of "fix the other titans!" a while back got shouted down for messing with pilot vs titan balance or whatever but Tone was conceptually my jam even before it was made apparent how good she was. The one-step process for fixing Northstar should not be to ensure all titans have a poo poo ability and a poo poo core and die from a stiff breeze.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I'll say it again, swap particle wall and tether. It makes zero sense that the sniper titan has no defensive capability while being the lightest chassis. At the same time tether makes sense for tone to keep people from running away as well as rushing her down. Simple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I put off leveling Tone for last because I didn't want to be spoiled and have to step down to the mere mortal titans, and holy god drat it's night and day. Tone is completely ridiculous and is piss easy for even a scrub like me.

Also A-wall boosted archer shots might be my new favorite thing. Those things hit like a truck, and down in the bushes where I am people aren't watching for it and sometimes don't even know how to deal with the shield.

Edit: Also, now that I've hit 50, how do I regen?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 1, 2016

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
back out of matchmaking and there should be a fucken huge "regenerate pilot" button

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Welp, got a new Nuclear Eject multikill that I'll probably never be able to top:

http://i.imgur.com/Wq7zqyr.gifv

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

chumbler posted:

Edit: Also, now that I've hit 50, how do I regen?

Get another 10 merits to get to "51" where it will say "Regen Available", then there will be a big button on your MP lobby screen (you cannot be in a party or it won't show)

Magnus Condomus posted:

Welp, got a new Nuclear Eject multikill that I'll probably never be able to top:

:eyepop:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 1, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Condomus posted:

:vince:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
gently caress that woulda felt awesome

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Knifegrab posted:

I would only use it reactively, don't use it to set up an ambush, it just doesn't really work that way. Rodeo a titan and phase shift away with his battery. Start a fight and phase shift if it goes south. Use it to get away, not to get a better position on someone (since you will have no idea where they will end up). If you're certain that person won't move it could be useful but I wouldn't really use it like that. Its a reactive skill.

What you can do, and what I do is, phase shift away, crouch dash, wall run, and pop around a corner, then you can turn around and watch that corner, you know if the enemy chased you know exactly where they'll come from.

Could not disagree much more. Phase Shift is fantastic at attack. Be moving in one directions slowly, shift, move fast as gently caress and be where you shouldn't. It's a decent last-resort defensive, but you should only use it otherwise to make your attack more surprising. It's predictable if they see you phase out.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

AirRaid posted:

Get another 10 merits to get to "51" where it will say "Regen Available", then there will be a big button on your MP lobby screen (you cannot be in a party or it won't show)
Nah you can definitely do it in a party, just have to get the leader to stop searching and then wait for the "searching in [x]..." to go away due to how janky the party poo poo is in this game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I was just stupid and didn't realize that it's the next level after 50, not just hitting 50.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ah sorry I forgot to mention that you have to fill out the final level, same thing fooled me when I thought I'd regenned my first gun

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Knifegrab posted:

Oy' Richter!

:golfclap:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
So many newbs to mince. Got my titan in under a minute?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWh0KFK9nFE

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I finally got gunrunner on the shotgun and I'm enjoying running around as a pilot more

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Tone is still too good

that freaking cannon is just too strong

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

is there a person on this green earth who gives a poo poo about having early access to angel city and wouldnt rather just have everyone have access to it at the same time

is it some perverse idea of getting to "practice the map and pwn n00bs" ??

i preordered the digital deluxe and bought all the dlc last night because they finally let me throw more money at them.. put it to a vote and then give me two votes :colbert:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nobody cares apart from some stupid lizard person at EA

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moola posted:

nobody cares apart from some stupid lizard person at EA

It's a stupid idea anyway, because it splinters an already-small playerbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
tell that to the stupid lizard man!