Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Obsidian North storyline has totally gone well past the "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory" and is just annoying. Why is this still a thing? It wasn't interesting from the start, it hasn't done anything but be a convenient solution to a bunch of problems that could have been solved by anyone without its tech. Plus VR is lame and no one cares about it in the real world.

Everything outside of that is the opposite though. Brainy getting found out is great, Alex leaving the DEO is great, Kara singing Karaoke is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

The Obsidian North storyline has totally gone well past the "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory" and is just annoying. Why is this still a thing? It wasn't interesting from the start, it hasn't done anything but be a convenient solution to a bunch of problems that could have been solved by anyone without its tech. Plus VR is lame and no one cares about it in the real world.

Everything outside of that is the opposite though. Brainy getting found out is great, Alex leaving the DEO is great, Kara singing Karaoke is great.

Not only that, but it seems like Crisis literally reset every clawing inch of progress that had been made in that storyline up till then. Andrea is back to being Evil Clickbait Boss Lady, that Leviathan-centric bottle episode between her and Lena never happened, she's no longer an active Leviathan agent, and Obsidian is back to its perma-almost ready for public roll out default, despite it seemingly being already out there in the world and super popular.

Also Crisis seems to have t-boned Smarmy Leviathan Blonde Lady's big "I'm taking this bitch over" power move to become seemingly the Big Bad of the season after Rama Khan popped up and then got smacked down in two episodes. But now she's just... there... in the background because it's the Lex and Lena show now.

This season started out shaky and is starting to turn into a mess of too many big bad wannabes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Crisis seems to have t-boned Smarmy Leviathan Blonde Lady's big "I'm taking this bitch over" power move to become seemingly the Big Bad of the season after Rama Khan popped up and then got smacked down in two episodes. But now she's just... there... in the background because it's the Lex and Lena show now.

Seems to have been demoted to flunky as well, end of this episode had her asking Grandma to pass on a report to the Head Honcho.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She was the mega big bad in the comics, Rama was just her pawn.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

I like how they glossed over the finer points of that VR tech.

"Sure, eating in VR provides the body with nutrients but....."

Wait, what? Did you just solve world hunger and eliminate food as a concept?

I feel like creating infinite digital food should be a pretty big deal.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I like how they glossed over the finer points of that VR tech.

"Sure, eating in VR provides the body with nutrients but....."

Wait, what? Did you just solve world hunger and eliminate food as a concept?

I feel like creating infinite digital food should be a pretty big deal.

I thought I'd misheard something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, what the hell was that? The whole thing has the stink of a head writer getting an idea and thinking it's brilliant and no one being able to tell them no, this is dumb and no one cares.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well how are people who are too poor to even buy actual food supposed to be able to buy the VR headset in the first place?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Vietnamwees posted:

Well how are people who are too poor to even buy actual food supposed to be able to buy the VR headset in the first place?

Rent out your vr headset with your vr food stamps.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Mildly related to that, but Netflix just released the voice cast for Kevin Smith's upcoming He-Man animated series and Chris Wood is going to play Prince Adam/He-Man.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1228395157109624832

"Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops"

:stare:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wish it was live action.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So we got the 100th episode special this weekend, and I hope you all know what that means...

We're gonna see a lot of clips of Supergirl in her old costume with the skirt! Plan your viewing accordingly.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

So we got the 100th episode special this weekend, and I hope you all know what that means...

We're gonna see a lot of clips of Supergirl in her old costume with the skirt! Plan your viewing accordingly.

Getting supplies for the Good Costume Party as we speak :dance:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Benoist has been posting lots of shots of her in the old school outfit all week on Instagram.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Benoist has been posting lots of shots of her in the old school outfit all week on Instagram.

Most of those are from the first day of filming. She's been doing a lot of "holy poo poo 100 episodes" stuff.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s kinda crazy that Supergirl started off as an outlier cbs show and is now one of the pillars of the cw-verse. Hats off to the entire crew, even when the storyline’s running on fumes and friendship, the performances of the main cast really makes the material shine.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ruddiger posted:

It’s kinda crazy that Supergirl started off as an outlier cbs show and is now one of the pillars of the cw-verse. Hats off to the entire crew, even when the storyline’s running on fumes and friendship, the performances of the main cast really makes the material shine.

I think without that moonshot Flash crossover it would have died on CBS at the end of season 1 when Les "I hate sci-fi and love to grope women" Moonves came gunning for it. Without that vector into the main Arrowverse it probably would have been toast. And yet it hung on by the barest of threads and became a true powerhouse and that's nothing small to sniff at.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
lol of course Alex's happy place is playing paintball.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So this is going to be the show going, see, "Kara did nothing wrong hiding the truth from Lena" for an hour isn't it?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

So this is going to be the show going, see, "Kara did nothing wrong hiding the truth from Lena" for an hour isn't it?

I mean seems more like “you can’t change the past, accept it and move on.”

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
"No catchphrase? We'll work on that."

"I never knew what you saw in him."

God Mxy, you're the best.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
“A lot of exposition.”

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Let's be real, the correct time to tell Lena was shortly after they first met, but I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane so it's fine.

e: oh hey, good job show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Betamyx!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Let's be real, the correct time to tell Lena was shortly after they first met, but I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane so it's fine.

Bullseye.

Also: Netmyx and Betamyx.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo Thomas Lennon doing the announcer voice

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
lol, Lockwood's family went Cult of Rao instead of his dad going anti-alien. These are legit some great twists.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Otis! My man.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So the thesis of this episode appears to be Lena Luthor: basically more trouble than she's worth. Also Kara is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They gave Nia an eye scar so you know it's a dystopia.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
“Just a friend.”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, seeing everybody come back and kicking rear end is great. :allears: This show really is fantastic when it's firing on all cylinders.

E: Also the obvious solution to every scenario so far seems to be to walk into L Corp as Lena is putting her bags down for the very first time and just Zod neck snap her :black101: Because this is otherwise a no-win deal for Kara.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 24, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

God, seeing everybody come back and kicking rear end is great. :allears: This show really is fantastic when it's firing on all cylinders.

I think one of the only people they couldn't get back that they probably wanted to was James's actor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I think one of the only people they couldn't get back that they probably wanted to was James's actor.

Yeah, it's really clear that his sister was supposed to be Guardian in that scene. Hence why she disappears immediately :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So when will Mxy meet the Legends?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I can't wait to see what Legends gets up to for its 100th episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I can't wait to see what Legends gets up to for its 100th episode.

It'll be relatively deep into next season so we'll see where the series is. There should be enough lead time to get Arthur Darvill away from the stage for a bit to film a scene or two. Also to get Amy Pemberton to do the same. Alternatively tehy could have Darvill being an AI like they did with the alt universe Legends and the Snart AI.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

So when will Mxy meet the Legends?

The minute he said 1780s my mind immediately thought "a Legends crossover waiting to happen".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This episode was great and Thomas Lennon is a treasure.

Xelkelvos posted:

"No catchphrase? We'll work on that."

"I never knew what you saw in him."

God Mxy, you're the best.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Most of those are from the first day of filming. She's been doing a lot of "holy poo poo 100 episodes" stuff.

Boy, has she ever