Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mustached Demon posted:

Too many Russians with too many letters in their last names.

my last name is polish/russian in origin

i am either very happy or very sad about my future in putin's united states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

America deserves President Trump File #39,238

so is this a breitbart article or what

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm sure glad that polling information a year and a half before the elections has made it clear that nothing matters! :v:

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Chilichimp posted:

lol at the national review literally linking a Chris Hayes segment.

Also, man, Chris Hayes is like the male version of Rachel Maddow. Their mannerisms and delivery are almost identical.

Chris used to work for her back when she was on Air America, he's basically her protégé so it should not be surprising that his style resembles hers.

I was actually tripping on how good a job that Maddow does of laying out the pieces of the Russian collusion story. Each episode summarizing the old news and then plugging in and fleshing out the new bits.

So I also don't see how one would see it as a bad thing. Unless you happen to be a sealioning troll.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Why didn't Kushner's laywers just delete the emails immediately upon finding them? Did Kushner not know DNC dirt was handed over because he left the meeting early, and he thought that "tried but failed" was not enough to prove collusion?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

skylined! posted:

so is this a breitbart article or what

I can't find this article anywhere. I can find stuff from Greenberg along these lines, but not this exact article.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

So the 8th man never got revealed? Or was it so boring that it immediately got buried?

We do have a lead...

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/884607765150355457

Our timeline is too dark, it wasn't Reince

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Alter Ego posted:

I'm sure glad that polling information a year and a half before the elections has made it clear that nothing matters! :v:

That's all bad, but:

quote:

Americans are dissatisfied with President Trump's time in office so far, but they do not consider him a President who is "out of the mainstream compared to other Presidents" and consider him "about the same" as President Obama when it comes to partisanship, divisiveness, and the percentage of his actions that are "political and not practical."

Shows that Americans are dumb as hell and nothing can get them to change.

"Giant douche and Turd Sandwich" and "The left is exactly as bad as the right" are unshakable and absolute truths for 80% of Americans.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Cheekio posted:

Why didn't Kushner's laywers just delete the emails immediately upon finding them? Did Kushner not know DNC dirt was handed over because he left the meeting early, and he thought that "tried but failed" was not enough to prove collusion?

No respectable lawyer is going to delete evidence when they know their clients are likely under investigation, especially when other people likely have copies

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

America deserves President Trump File #39,238

Your electorate is irredeemable. The last time I said something like this, I felt bad afterwards, because a lot of them are just indoctrinated in the propaganda. But nowadays I don't think it's just that anymore. A huge part of your population simply consists of bad people, who gladly harm themselves and their families as long as it also makes their political opponents unhappy. What sort of vile person would enjoy pissing of someone that much? Your country has a Machiavellian level of hatred where these people would gladly cut of their own nose if it meant that the ACA would collapse.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Cheekio posted:

That would make the lawyers criminals, even if they could have gotten away with it, that would be risky, wrong and unprofessional. They're here to make a buck and keep their client out of jail, not get themselves into jail.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Your electorate is irredeemable.

LT posts unsourced crap like that to get rises out of people. Don't worry, the country isn't all bad. If it wasn't for the support of the entire Russian government the Trump campaign would have collapsed under itself and we'd be bored out of our minds with Hillary doing an amazing job at being a moderate D president.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

How is this loving legal? Is everyone Trump knows considered part of his "campaign"?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Your electorate is irredeemable. The last time I said something like this, I felt bad afterwards, because a lot of them are just indoctrinated in the propaganda. But nowadays I don't think it's just that anymore. A huge part of your population simply consists of bad people, who gladly harm themselves and their families as long as it also makes their political opponents unhappy. What sort of vile person would enjoy pissing of someone that much? Your country has a Machiavellian level of hatred where these people would gladly cut of their own nose if it meant that the ACA would collapse.

That's not what the data says at all, though.

Most people aren't actively evil, but there is a weird semi-religious compulsion in America that "both sides" are equally as bad, agreeing with a person more than 50% of the time is bad, and everything is normal and happens automatically, so don't bother doing anything.

It's not that most people are malicious, it's that most people don't care or think that everything is bad and they are above engaging with it.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Cheekio posted:

Your attorney isn't going to tell you to destroy evidence. Not only is that a crime in and of itself, if it can be shown you deleted the emails then it's going to make you look even worse. Plus, remember that even if Kushner wiped his hard drive that doesn't mean the emails go away. You'd also have to wipe every trace of the email from everyone who was on the email chain, including people in different countries and people who are already under investigation.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

gently caress! Dude, it's over! Those ratbastards are going to ruin healthcare! God damnit!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Yeah seriously stop responding to LT. 20 minutes of looking for this article I get nothing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I'd actually be more okay with 80% of the population being maliciously evil.

The fact that 80+% of the population thinks "Republican healthcare bill is bad, but Obamacare is equally as bad, and healthcare before Obamacare was equally as bad as Obamacare. Therefore, Republican healthcare bill is the same as Obamacare, just in different ways." is way more infuriating.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Source your quotes oughta be the forum motto.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's an aging minority. We added lead to our gasoline between 1930 and 1975 and it cooked the brains of a bunch of people who are now over 65 when they were children.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The first one on Heller is from NY Magazine. The second on 2018 I can't find anywhere. If care to know Stan Greenberg's feelings on the dems, here you go: https://www.greenbergresearch.com/his-thinking/2017/5/25/dems-working-class-problems

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Aurubin posted:

Yeah seriously stop responding to LT. 20 minutes of looking for this article I get nothing.

yeah two things

a.) where the hell did this article come from
b.) i find it kind of interesting that the point you specifically bolded/posted for is the one without any actual poll information? (not that the part you posted sources / provides much at all, anyway)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I find it weird that people are yelling at those who believed LT rather than yelling at LT for posting fake unsourced stories.

In other words

WampaLord posted:

Stop all the loving irony gimmicks, jesus christ can't we just talk like people?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I'm 25 and until this election I was very much so in the "nothing matters, my one vote is useless, all candidates are basically the same in the sense that they serve money and not us anyways" camp. Trump definitely opened my eyes to the fact that even if you think that way, you can still vote for damage control. So I'm becoming a big boy and getting more into politics and trying to get involved but I have some questions about the tone of the entire system.

For those of you who have actually been through this a million times already - how bad is it? What I'm getting at is, how reliable is ANYTHING? Are there actually any reliable good-guys out there in the media or in politics at all? Is Trump being publicly investigated because of potential collusion, or because their hand is forced since the public suspects he has colluded? Is this the kind of poo poo that all presidents do and only the ones who are bad at it get in trouble? Or is the system actually better then that and full of people who actually care about "the rules"? I'm just looking for your opinions from experience, obviously none of you would know if every president ever has been doing shady illegal poo poo constantly.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Wait lol, LT is a great troll. He took a NY Magazine article and changed it to make it sound more dire. Alternatively, they changed it in the interim.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/gop-confident-sen-heller-will-be-bought-off-on-trumpcare.html

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Huh, I guess I can't trust the information in this thread. Well, it seems like I have to rely on the presidents twitter to get true news.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886283456644251652
Turns out, Obamacare is bad.

Edit: Oh god I can't get through this! His face is incredibly creepy when he squints to look at his text. Nothing except his mouth moves. But that moves way to much and is constantly showing his teeth. Who ever talks like that? I feel uncomfortable watching that person!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 15, 2017

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
Hey guys, remember Tom Arnold and the "N-word" tape that was rumored after the "Pussy-grab" tape? Tom was on a podcast I listen to Thursday and was asked about it ("Never not funny "- if you're inclined to listen to the interview after reading this non-sense).

Whether or not you're inclined to believe the ramblings of Tom Arnold, the gist of his comments were as follows: Tom hates Trump a loooot. Tom's brother is a huge supporter / donor of one of the people Trump attacked in the campaign "A former injured POW and long serving public servant" - alluding to McCain but not outright saying it. He took the tape to his brother and then the tape was shown to McCain. McCain thought the tape was damaging to Trump but not in the eyes of his supporters, but more so McCain pointed out all the other high profile "important people" Trump was saying these things in front of, on tape. The likelihood of this being traced back to the people who recorded/filmed this was near 100% and the people who did fear for the safety of themselves and their family.

What if there is no piss tape. What if the tape the Russians have is this N-word tape. Sure would explain why the GOP is working so hard to back Trump up and pretend there is no Russian problem. What if they got their marching orders from the people on the tape who don't want video of them palling around and laughing about "N-word jokes" to reach the public.

Listen for yourself. I don't know if it's this modern world we live in but this conspiracy poo poo actually makes sense. Do I need psychiatric help?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Frankenfinger posted:

Hey guys, remember Tom Arnold and the "N-word" tape that was rumored after the "Pussy-grab" tape? Tom was on a podcast I listen to Thursday and was asked about it ("Never not funny "- if you're inclined to listen to the interview after reading this non-sense).

Whether or not you're inclined to believe the ramblings of Tom Arnold, the gist of his comments were as follows: Tom hates Trump a loooot. Tom's brother is a huge supporter / donor of one of the people Trump attacked in the campaign "A former injured POW and long serving public servant" - alluding to McCain but not outright saying it. He took the tape to his brother and then the tape was shown to McCain. McCain thought the tape was damaging to Trump but not in the eyes of his supporters, but more so McCain pointed out all the other high profile "important people" Trump was saying these things in front of, on tape. The likelihood of this being traced back to the people who recorded/filmed this was near 100% and the people who did fear for the safety of themselves and their family.

What if there is no piss tape. What if the tape the Russians have is this N-word tape. Sure would explain why the GOP is working so hard to back Trump up and pretend there is no Russian problem. What if they got their marching orders from the people on the tape who don't want video of them palling around and laughing about "N-word jokes" to reach the public.

Listen for yourself. I don't know if it's this modern world we live in but this conspiracy poo poo actually makes sense. Do I need psychiatric help?

both tapes are real and exist and are things, but do not have anything to do with one another

that is what makes the most sense

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

American politics in a nutshell:

quote:

Everything is horrible, but I don't want it to change too much.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
God drat, this bill is a living nightmare. Every day, I think it's on the fast track to passing. This bill needs to die, not just for my sanity, but for the health of every poor and middle class American. How can "resistance" be melting away? They're claiming they are going to bring it vote next week! This bill is terrible! Just loving stop!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

business hammocks posted:

It's an aging minority. We added lead to our gasoline between 1930 and 1975 and it cooked the brains of a bunch of people who are now over 65 when they were children.

This is actually a non ridiculous theory

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Frankenfinger posted:

Whether or not you're inclined to believe the ramblings of Tom Arnold,

I'm gonna have to stop you there.

Probably both videos are real. There is probably also a video of underage prostitutes on Epstein's plane pissing on Trump while calling him a friend of the family. It won't matter to his base, but hopefully any one of these could be the thing that starts the rats fleeing from the failing USS Trump

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

God drat, this bill is a living nightmare. Every day, I think it's on the fast track to passing. This bill needs to die, not just for my sanity, but for the health of every poor and middle class American. How can "resistance" be melting away? They're claiming they are going to bring it vote next week! This bill is terrible! Just loving stop!

Every time Trump opens his mouth about the bill, especially in an effort to put pressure on Congressional Republicans, it losses support. Every time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Frankenfinger posted:

He's been talking about that tape for a year. It's an Apprentice gag reel that also has him calling Barron a retard and yelling at his wife. The editors made it because they thought it was funny. Whoever releases it will be sued for 5 million because of an nda involving the show.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Aurubin posted:

Wait lol, LT is a great troll. He took a NY Magazine article and changed it to make it sound more dire. Alternatively, they changed it in the interim.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/gop-confident-sen-heller-will-be-bought-off-on-trumpcare.html

starting to think he does it to see if he can send covok into another histrionic episode

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

business hammocks posted:

He's been talking about that tape for a year. It's an Apprentice gag reel that also has him calling Barron a retard and yelling at his wife. The editors made it because they thought it was funny. Whoever releases it will be sued for 5 million because of an nda involving the show.

Sounds like a job for crowdfunding. :v:

and yeah I know the bigger issue is that they'd have a hard time ever getting another job since employers don't look kindly on people who break NDAs.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Space T Rex posted:

I'm 25 and until this election I was very much so in the "nothing matters, my one vote is useless, all candidates are basically the same in the sense that they serve money and not us anyways" camp. Trump definitely opened my eyes to the fact that even if you think that way, you can still vote for damage control. So I'm becoming a big boy and getting more into politics and trying to get involved but I have some questions about the tone of the entire system.

For those of you who have actually been through this a million times already - how bad is it? What I'm getting at is, how reliable is ANYTHING? Are there actually any reliable good-guys out there in the media or in politics at all? Is Trump being publicly investigated because of potential collusion, or because their hand is forced since the public suspects he has colluded? Is this the kind of poo poo that all presidents do and only the ones who are bad at it get in trouble? Or is the system actually better then that and full of people who actually care about "the rules"? I'm just looking for your opinions from experience, obviously none of you would know if every president ever has been doing shady illegal poo poo constantly.

Dems are far better than Republicans but appear to lack the conviction/desire to move as far left as the rest of the developed world and as always they want to court big donors etc. In my view, Republicans are loving insane top to bottom and have been obsessed with obtaining and consolidating power and rendering themselves free of electoral consequences by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and sheer disrespect for rules or standards of conduct. The Trump campaign essentially did collude with Russia by their own admission with Junior's release of his emails.

I really don't know very much about past government scandals beyond Watergate. In any case, Trump is special because he convincingly appears, by his behavior, to be thoroughly compromised by Russia for either financial or pee tape reasons and, given that Republicans won't break with him so far, they're complicit. So we have a hostile foreign nation now exercising too much influence in our country's affairs, which is bad. If the scandal is as bad as I think it is (Trump and some in top Republican leadership compromised by Russia and working to advance Russian interests) it's way worse than Watergate was.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm kind of wondering how long it would take the entire healthcare industry to just completely crash. The cuts to Medicaid are definitely going to lead to a reduction in the healthcare industry workforce. This Cruz plan seems to put things back to the way they were pre ACA.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Machiavelli was very specific about not loving people over unless it was worth it, because if you're going to make enemies it better be for a drat good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hollismason posted:

I'm kind of wondering how long it would take the entire healthcare industry to just completely crash. The cuts to Medicaid are definitely going to lead to a reduction in the healthcare industry workforce. This Cruz plan seems to put things back to the way they were pre ACA.

Couple month, depending on the exact date everything is set to take effect.

• Locked thread