Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

what compels some goons to obsess over which posters "are" bad?

there are no bad posters, only bad posts.

I've never seen him make a good post, qed he's bad at posting or in other words a bad poster

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/954058032039768064?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
His collection
https://imgur.com/a/RdTiF

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CPL593H posted:

It's your typical 90s Oscar bait trash. The reason it's remembered to fondly is most likely because it was the breakout film for both Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

To be fair a lot of the cliches in it are cliches because they were in it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

openingthelostark.gif

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't Frank's Red Hot, by itself, a hot wings sauce? Like historically that was its original function

Yeah it’s pretty good, but we kept mixing it with stuff until it clicked.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't Frank's Red Hot, by itself, a hot wings sauce? Like historically that was its original function

Not without butter.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

There's a mall called "Nakano Broadway" in Nakano prefecture in Tokyo. There are little sections where you can see these very types of glass display cases, but it was for people that would rent them and display this kind of crap for reselling. Not my kind of hobby, and that really set me on that particular judgment about why.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

WHat the gently caress??!??!!!?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

:stare:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

That's ending with the guy walking in there one day and blowing his brains onto a dozen baby groots.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Holy poo poo the funkopop subreddit is off the chain

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

This guy fuckin sucks

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm surprised that Funko Pops are still popular. Then again maybe I shouldn't.

Is it just me or does Aaron Sorkin talking about poptarts says a lot about his politics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B4CI8QjB6o

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

What a loving loser.

Power of Pecota posted:

That's ending with the guy walking in there one day and blowing his brains onto a dozen baby groots.

I hope he ends up divorced and his wife sells all that poo poo on ebay and makes a fortune.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPL593H posted:

What a loving loser.

I own 3 and feel like a loser...this dude is well beyond loser

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I own 3 and feel like a loser...this dude is well beyond loser

The best thing about it is that poo poo is basically the new Beanie Babies.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://theoutline.com/post/2955/pyramid-schemes-target-snapchat-teens

This is such a goofy thing I've seen recently, I asked someone doing it about it obviously being a pyramid scheme and he said, "Yeah, but it's a small pyramid so it works"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

The best thing about it is that poo poo is basically the new Beanie Babies.

Beanie Babies were kind of cute, funko pops are hideous.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Emergency pop fund" sounds like an Arrested Development punchline

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Fantastic, now we have their signatures for identity theft.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

therattle posted:

Fantastic, now we have their signatures for identity theft.

Steal their identity and steal their thousands of dollars in not-even-a-toy related credit card debt.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What's been goin' on the past year?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Funkopops $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Funkopops $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Buy less funkopops

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Buy less funkopops

no.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've got about 20 amiibo and thought I was bad. Funko pops are trash visually, so this person has a serious problem. They have a bloody porg model?

Edit just read it's a custom. This person needs to be locked up.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 19, 2018

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I really thought funkopops were a novelty dessert til yall posted those pics

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I really thought funkopops were a novelty dessert til yall posted those pics

I thought it was an energy drink.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It is capitalism incarnate, everyone's different forms of (pop) culture in totem form, all conforming to and made palatable by the long ago created "successful" mold that itself is itemized for maximum profit.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Funko Pop aesthetic ugly as poo poo.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:wtc:

I got given one of those once as a gift in a secret santa, possibly as a joke. It was a super mutant from Fallout for some reason. I eventually tossed it out because I'm not really into overt displays of fandom and it was a dumb, little, misshapen thing. I had no idea people seriously collected these things and certainly had no grasp of just how huge and varied the range is.

That man is sick and needs help.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

As the legend goes, at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, the owner's son wanted some snacks for him and his friends, so the owner took some chicken wings, fried them, and doused them in a sauce that was a mix of Frank's Red Hot and melted butter. Frank's in and of itself isn't a hot wing sauce, although they do sell a bottled variety that's thicker and tangier (it has "butter flavoring," and xanthan gum as a thickener) and is labeled as Frank's Wing Sauce. Honestly I prefer to roll my own.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The pop aesthetic is fine and a lot of them it's the only available form of merch or at least the most affordable

Like I have John Wick, MST3K and Ferris Bueller pops, good luck finding other merch for those things!

I also have RoboCop gently caress the haters

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The part that really tells you he has a problem is he has the plastic over case to keep the boxes mint imo, that's obsessive collector poo poo and I don't truck with that

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
my company's slack chat is now filled with that knuckles meme, and I'm staring at it like, why.. fuckin hate tech people so much sometimes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The part that really tells you he has a problem is he has the plastic over case to keep the boxes mint imo, that's obsessive collector poo poo and I don't truck with that

The part that really told me he has a problem is that the number of Funkopops a reasonable person might own is vastly outnumbered just by the number of photos it takes to document his collection.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The pop aesthetic is fine and a lot of them it's the only available form of merch or at least the most affordable

Like I have John Wick, MST3K and Ferris Bueller pops, good luck finding other merch for those things!

Solution: don’t buy “merch”

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Someone in an office in a different department has a Funko Pop of Laura Palmer's corpse wrapped up in the tarp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah they are terrible just because you convinced yourself they aren’t doesn’t change objective reality. Sorry for your loss.

• Locked thread