Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Rynn posted:

Getting ready for the next growth wave, one abandoned mall parking lot at a time.

https://youtu.be/-7KKT7DXrtc?si=cycbaynwwyhR1AXR

how many “sales” is that? 10 million? think i saw at least a dozen cyber trucks so that’s what? 1 million at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Please check your back panels for my nuts

My nuts were missing!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saw a cybertruck in asheville last night outside a brewery and a few bars.

It was parked on the street and the driver was some dude in his fifties just shooting the poo poo and talking another guy. He was leaning against it and watching people walk past and he VERY clearly wanted people to ask him about it. I didn’t see anyone stop to ask him anything. We were on the other side of the street and one of the people I was with pointed it out and this apple fanboy sociopath she’s dating went “yeah it kinda sucks.”

That thing is loving huge in person. Like it’s too wide to fit in a street parking spot.

Also on my phone “cybertruck last” autocorrects to “cybertruck lmao”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

i have only seen one cybertruck here in ct, it was parked in one of the EV spots at my office a couple of weeks ago. it is alarming and jarring to see one of these in person which is what they were going for. it looks like poo poo but it absolutely catches your attention, lol.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1791248446961172880?t=7GLN5--a6F_5WtYcmMxAxQ&s=19

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

To be fair that's 100% more than I've ever made being called a moron. Elon FTW.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
He is right

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
‪BOJAN TUNGUZ‬

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sir Tonk posted:

‪BOJAN TUNGUZ‬

many are saying this

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
AI will replace all C-SPAM posters in 2 weeks

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Out of all this AI garbage music does have the best chance of being replaced. AI music just kind of...works because it doesn't trigger the uncanny valley effect. Don't get me wrong it's trash but all the people who make a living writing songs for commercials etc are going to be out of work. Movie scores will 100% be ai, they might as well be already.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

FizFashizzle posted:

Also on my phone “cybertruck last” autocorrects to “cybertruck lmao”

Grok did promise us laughs

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

‪BOJAN TUNGUZ‬

demntus’s heavy in furiosa

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
No ai could make the symphony in George Lucas's magnum opus when short round marries an ewok

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

No ai could make the symphony in George Lucas's magnum opus when short round marries an ewok

No it can really only take bits and pieces of things that have already been done and throw them together in a slap-dash way that works good enough for the suits to say "ship it". It's been so long since anyone cared about movie scores it just blends into the background while the horrible CGI flies across the screen.

e: vs the visual based ai we have where people have 6 fingers, your brain sees this and is disgusted by it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was joking about this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-YpADa-KQ

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

AI will replace all C-SPAM posters in 2 weeks

Grok

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

lmao

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Son was right, the moms song was better. Catchy and too the point, just what you need for a short round ewoke wedding. This isn't some ultra traditional high Catholic wedding in a cathedral, it's all about two people in love having a good time getting married in the middle of a forest.

The mom gets it.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Based Hogg: Those Crypto Bros are at it again!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fuckt Tupp posted:

this is exactly what she said before she started naming her children

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

i have only seen one cybertruck here in ct, it was parked in one of the EV spots at my office a couple of weeks ago. it is alarming and jarring to see one of these in person which is what they were going for. it looks like poo poo but it absolutely catches your attention, lol.

you could just get a tattoo though

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
AI music tools can't even hold a beat, what the gently caress.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

coconono posted:

and after ~30 seconds it all turns to nonsense screeching sounds

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they trained the music ai on mars volta?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Maed posted:

That sounds like an accurate soundtrack for our times.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Maed posted:

that's modemcore, sorry it's too extreme for you

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gorson posted:

No it can really only take bits and pieces of things that have already been done and throw them together in a slap-dash way that works good enough for the suits to say "ship it". It's been so long since anyone cared about movie scores it just blends into the background while the horrible CGI flies across the screen.

e: vs the visual based ai we have where people have 6 fingers, your brain sees this and is disgusted by it.

Big name movie composers will definitely use AI because they already do basically no work and claim compositions of those working for them already.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
music hasn’t been good since it went woke in 1965

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

punished milkman posted:

music hasn’t been good since it went woke in 1965

That's right, gently caress sgt pepper

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

have yet to hear “AI” “music” that wasn’t incredibly obvious and horrible sounding

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
the only AI music tools that are worth a drat are the ones like Moises that help you separate recordings into multitracks. You can do this on your own using an equalizer and some filters but it’s pretty time intensive.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

the ai sound replication in the latest synthplant release is pretty cool. it’s basically just a guided randomize feature tho it’s not gonna make a song for you

selec
Sep 6, 2003

coconono posted:

the only AI music tools that are worth a drat are the ones like Moises that help you separate recordings into multitracks. You can do this on your own using an equalizer and some filters but it’s pretty time intensive.

the stem separation techniques that AI is making possible is a Promethean moment for people who make music from other music, and also people who want to replace 50 Cent with SpongeBob rapping the same lyrics and cadence. sometimes these are the same people, unfortunately.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr. Sharps posted:

the ai sound replication in the latest synthplant release is pretty cool. it’s basically just a guided randomize feature tho it’s not gonna make a song for you

also this part is cool as hell. I just bought synplant for a project where I’m gonna make a bunch of synth patches out of nature sounds, including cute beaver noises. it’s so, so much better than trying to create that yourself with the old methods where it just sounds hosed up about two or three notes above or below the original sound.

AI music tools are revolutionary when they’re built by musicians for musicians. the generative stuff is built by engineers who don’t like the idea that they need to spend time learning how music works to make it. entirely different lanes and ultimately different products. but a lot of noobs are going to have a bad time the first studio session they show up to with a bunch of generated flat files they can’t do basic poo poo like “change up the hat pattern” or “use a different sound for the baseline” or god forbid try to enter a beat battle with that poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ai beat matching would have saved Grimes's set

If only she trusted in grok

selec
Sep 6, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Ai beat matching would have saved Grimes's set

If only she trusted in grok

they keep trying this but no matter what they do it keeps sneaking in remixes of the Horst Wessel Lied no matter what kind of set you’re playing

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Juul-Whip posted:

have yet to hear “AI” “music” that wasn’t incredibly obvious and horrible sounding

That's because they didn't spend enough money on their AI machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkUISJej2o

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

coconono posted:

glued my balls to my butthole again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

AI makes better music than any of us ever will