Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
playing worms armageddon with my chosen team of worms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Squashy Nipples posted:

Nothing in this article shocked me because of Richard.

Can't figure out how to take a shower but think they should own Kim Kardashian's house at age 25.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

can't fathom a guy or person who just doesn't care.

My opinion, that I have stated over and over, is that Richard has a mental illness and very low social awareness, if any. Take away the hygiene for a minute and just think of all the other stuff he does because "its myyyy favvvvvorite"

1- Blasts horror and Halloween sound effects on the quiet train at 5am
2- Wants to get tucked in by elves and would be disappointed if they "werent real"
3- Wont shower around Halloween so his favvvvvvorite pumpkin scented body spray doesnt wear off
4- Pisses and vomits on a plane because he gets so drunk he cant avoid it
5- Walks around a plane in his socks then uses the bathroom to jack off and get his socks soaking with airplane bathroom fluids.....then keeps those same socks on all weekend.

I could go on and on.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

quote:

Holy loving christ. I mean, I've heard about this before, but it's insane to me that it's so prevalent.

I'm renting right now, but we just bought a house and we're moving literally a month from today, and I can't wait to get a Tushy (or equivalent) to install. I wanted to install it here, but it's not quite the right size toilet.

I want to be cleaner, and can't fathom a guy or person who just doesn't care.

If you have hard water and the softer is only hooked up to the hot water line, you may have issues with anything you install. I don't think it's a big thing but you never hear about it and it's nice to be aware of.

That article about reddit isn't anything new. I used to have a goons.txt where a very well known SA poster admitted in IRC to not showering for 9 days because "I don't stink and I wipe my rear end so why shower?". I think ADHD can certainly contribute to that behaviour and it's not just men.

And then there are these dumb asses

[quote]Another woman, 29, wrote last month that after moving in with her 33-year-old boyfriend and baby daddy, she realized he didn’t brush his teeth and showered so infrequently that he somehow smelled like cat food. These things she could almost live with; she didn’t even really mind the stains she found in his underwear and in his pants.

You have a kid with someone and you never noticed they don't brush their teeth or shower? Please.

edit: wtf happened to my formatting?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

I want to be cleaner, and can't fathom a guy or person who just doesn't care.

Richard, we want you to be cleannnnn

Wash that man's rear!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is there a smell? I'm too far.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Ahwha

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Hh-wahckamole

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

article posted:

One woman, who found three different brown stains after her boyfriend sat on her sheets and towels, wondered, “How do I talk to him about this without embarrassing him?”

Someone literally gets their fecal matter on YOUR THINGS, and your first instinct is to make sure his feelings aren't hurt IF you say something? :psyduck:

As a heterosexual single woman, this kind of poo poo (pun mildly intended) makes me think I'll be single forever.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Some of the guys I work with make fun of me for showering twice a day.

I don't drink coffee so my morning shower is my "coffee" and then when I get home after work.

Weekends, I usually only do it once, unless I get dirty working on my car or something.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Bots on Facebook and Reddit have convinced everyone that all vaccines are bullshit so I guess next they'll say washing your rear end causes cancer and the AIDS.

My father-in-law was born in the 30s and he only took a bath once a week, like he's in a mining town or some poo poo. I don't know if he always did this but he lived alone for the last 15 years of his life. He didn't smell or look dirty, but geez. He'd stay here a few days and I'd offer him the tub or the walk in shower, but no. it was hard not to think about a 90 year old man in my house who has not washed in 3 days. He was bad with food, like he'd just scrape off the mold or rotten parts and eat the rest. He had casseroles for months in his fridge. But they guy dressed and looked like a million bucks.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ether Frenzy posted:

Also, no "Major Dad" rememberers here??

I'm old, I was in the USMC when they made Major Dad.

I remember that it was a surprisingly accurate show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You folks are making me feel young in here. I remember watching Major Dad as a little kid but I didn't even remember that guy playing the lead.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Someone literally gets their fecal matter on YOUR THINGS, and your first instinct is to make sure his feelings aren't hurt IF you say something? :psyduck:

As a heterosexual single woman, this kind of poo poo (pun mildly intended) makes me think I'll be single forever.

I've joked for years that there is a certain type of Dude out there that can be easily convinced to stop wiping his rear end if another man told him enough times that wiping your rear end is gay

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I've joked for years that there is a certain type of Dude out there that can be easily convinced to stop wiping his rear end if another man told him enough times that wiping your rear end is gay

Just like other dudes get convinced that if you get a vasectomy you're gay and your load changes.

These people posting on socials having parties to say goodbye to the little swimmers, is some of the weakest behaviour I've ever seen. You can tell they are giant man children and I feel sorry for the wife. I feel even more sorry for the men that force their spouse to spend 2 day in the hospital so Bill at the machine shop doesn't call me the F word.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

You folks are making me feel young in here. I remember watching Major Dad as a little kid but I didn't even remember that guy playing the lead.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was something like 7-8 years old, but I have IMDB-brain, according to my wife, and I'll point out actors who are from things I've never seen but somewhat know about. I've always kind of had it, and when I actually saw IMDB for the first time, I was absolutely captivated.

I don't recall actually watching a full episode of the show.

Also, based on the sadly accurate posts on this page, I'm assuming that Andrew Tate smells horrible, like a mix between a corpse and utter moral decay.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 21, 2024

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

You should make a couple phone calls and get “Certified Wiper” as a category on Match.com

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm just puzzled what sort of woman is having sex with these loving vile shitasses.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm just puzzled what sort of woman is having sex with these loving vile shitasses.

The kind of women whose bathrooms look like a slaughterhouse because of all the ladytime blood.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just saw a video of someone asking what the most unattractive first name is, and I have to give it to "Larvis", thanks to this thread and the show (he was a swap-shop caller, forever ago).

Nothing will compete with Larvis, in my eyes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

What about ayedinn?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

What about ayedinn?

That name puts me in a very quick but familiar thought process.

"That name is stupid. It looks just made up. Like all names. All names are made up. It's fine."

Larvis falls into that category, but it also falls into the category of reminding me of flies hatching from maggots.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just saw a video of someone asking what the most unattractive first name is, and I have to give it to "Larvis", thanks to this thread and the show (he was a swap-shop caller, forever ago).

Nothing will compete with Larvis, in my eyes.

Richard

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Cessna posted:

I'm old, I was in the USMC when they made Major Dad.

I remember that it was a surprisingly accurate show.

I was surprised when I found out Jim Nabors was gay. What does the USMC think about that?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

What does the USMC think about that?

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

He sang a song at every opening of the Indy 500 for decades. That's Indiana for those that don't know. Like where Mike Pence was governor. just sayin'

People always kinda knew, but he never talked about it so it never went any further. You're talking about at time when people thought Liberace was straight. The 80s were funny because I remember thinking Boy George, George Michael, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, even Elton John were just "British" not "gay". lol

Thank god I don't live in podunk anymore.

I think the most satisfying coming out ever was Rob Halford, lead singer of Judas Priest. So many redneck metalheads questioning their entire outlook just from that alone. For me, I figured it out when Rob wore the same outfits onstage as the folks in the Blue Oyster bar in the Police Academy movies.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Someone I learned was gay from the show itself: Raymond Burr.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Someone I learned from the show who turned out to be gay: High Pitch Mike.

I was never really convinced that when he went to Disney World during Gay week it was just a coincidence.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I agree. I think it was a coincidence too but it definitely seemed questionable given that he was so closeted and might have wanted to experience something like that without anyone knowing. Pretty sure that even once he came out he stuck with the story that he didn't have any idea until he was actually there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I remember when George came out and my first thought was that I need to get to a radio right away and turn on Howard.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That name puts me in a very quick but familiar thought process.

"That name is stupid. It looks just made up. Like all names. All names are made up. It's fine."

Larvis falls into that category, but it also falls into the category of reminding me of flies hatching from maggots.

The farm hand in Charlotte's web was named Lurvy. Never seen either of those names in real life. I wonder if they're some of those old names that you used to see all the time but nobody uses them any more. Like jedediah, jebediah, and Hezekiah etc.... or maybe only Amish people still use them.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

The farm hand in Charlotte's web was named Lurvy. Never seen either of those names in real life. I wonder if they're some of those old names that you used to see all the time but nobody uses them any more. Like jedediah, jebediah, and Hezekiah etc.... or maybe only Amish people still use them.

Fundie parents still love those terrible bible names.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Squashy Nipples posted:

I was surprised when I found out Jim Nabors was gay. What does the USMC think about that?

Even when I was in that show was ancient.

No one cared.

Edit: To elaborate a bit, I was in during the time when "don't ask, don't tell" was first brought in. Even though now that policy is clearly bullshit, it's worth remembering that it was better than what came before it, which was "if we find out you're gay we'll throw you out."

How was this all handled? It entirely depended on the unit you were in, just like everything else. Some units had rear end in a top hat higher-ups who would go after gay people, both before and after DADT. Other units genuinely didn't care one way or another; as long as you weren't loving on the Colonel's desk they didn't worry about what you or who you were doing in your off time. (As long as they're consenting adults, obviously)

Were there homophobes in the USMC? Yes, there are jackasses everywhere. But most Marines - even when I was in - simply did not care. And even in bad commands if you were gay people would cover for you/not out you.

Cessna fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 22, 2024

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Does Howard still like Train?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending/charlie-colin-train-founding-member-bassist-dies-58/34JPKDPOAVHM3O7EURURZ5XLQE/

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Unless it was Pat whats his name, then Howard wont care.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I thought Howard explicitly pushed Train because he was paid to do so.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Remulak posted:

I thought Howard explicitly pushed Train because he was paid to do so.

You'd like to think that his horrible taste in music is justified by being paid to express said preferences, but alas, no.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Train's music sucks, but their Led Zeppelin covers were pretty good.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Musk you lay cher

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Chuck Zito was at the Trump trial the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Chuck Zito was at the Trump trial the other day.

In support, I assume?