Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I think that was the same season, not 100% though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it isnt really clear cut book to season in part because books 4 and 5 cover the same span of time, just with different sets of characters

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I would say Lost competes with GoT for cultural drop off. It was all anyone was talking about for years, then suddenly everyone was mad at it, and then I've never thought of it again until this thread now.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Arya and the Hound hanging out was my favorite part of that show

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you are dying in your tesla in the summer sun because the software is updating and you cannot escape meanwhile the alarm goes off but oh no it's the farting noise alarm one and you die from heat stroke

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you sit in a disabled tesla, baking in the hot sun. you're asking Grok to unlock the doors, but it can't. not without an update... but it's not updating... why is that?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

You guys been hearing about these animal teams?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Virtual Russian posted:

I would say Lost competes with GoT for cultural drop off. It was all anyone was talking about for years, then suddenly everyone was mad at it, and then I've never thought of it again until this thread now.

I remember being unable to escape people hyping up Heroes in it's first season.

Then the rest of the show happened and it vanished from pop culture

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I had a weekly closed door meeting with my boss for a whole sesson where we just talked about what happened on LOST that week

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

a casualty of the writers strike. oh well.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

also the actor who played Hiro Nakamura let the shows success go to his head and started behaving so arrogantly that he killed his career lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a.lo posted:

you are dying in your tesla in the summer sun because the software is updating and you cannot escape meanwhile the alarm goes off but oh no it's the farting noise alarm one and you die from heat stroke

All core systems are now on X.com

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the milk machine posted:

All core systems are now on X.com

thank you, Animal Teams

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Spergin Morlock posted:

also the actor who played Hiro Nakamura let the shows success go to his head and started behaving so arrogantly that he killed his career lol

did he? he was one of the main voices in blue eye samurai

what did he do on Heroes to piss everyone off?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

jisforjosh posted:

I still remember that hurricane Katrina montage during that teen super hero's introduction in season 2 of heroes as being one of the lowest points in television that I've ever seen in a serial tv drama. It was that crescendo that made me stop investing time in a television series until it ended and it was considered good.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

did he? he was one of the main voices in blue eye samurai

what did he do on Heroes to piss everyone off?

Its been years since I remember reading something about how he behaved arrogantly toward the others on the show but I'm not finding anything now. I dunno

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Uncle Wemus posted:

I can't think of another time when such a well known brand name was killed for the dumbest reasons

Because Musk is charging twitter to use his domain, lol

Would love to know exactly how much.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Spergin Morlock posted:

Its been years since I remember reading something about how he behaved arrogantly toward the others on the show but I'm not finding anything now. I dunno

I'm not seeing anything on this either. I'd swear that I read that he was a decent dude though. Apparently he's been up to a lot of non acting poo poo tho like apparently he founded the game studio that made outer wilds

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
saw my first cyber truck today. It was moving under its own power. A beautiful machine.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

DeeplyConcerned posted:

saw my first cyber truck today. It was moving under its own power. A beautiful machine.

Congratulations, but the Cybertruck doesn't "move." It's so powerful that it actually moves the Earth itself while it stays right where it's at

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Entorwellian posted:

I still remember that hurricane Katrina montage during that teen super hero's introduction in season 2 of heroes as being one of the lowest points in television that I've ever seen in a serial tv drama. It was that crescendo that made me stop investing time in a television series until it ended and it was considered good.

i do that too, but i will watch a first season of something good and leave it as that, i’m happy enough to imagine how the show progresses without actually enduring the inevitable step change in quality from season to season

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

DeeplyConcerned posted:

thrust via wheel rotation

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

DeeplyConcerned posted:

You are now one of the chosen, the few, who have seen a working Cybertruck. Cherish this moment. Maybe retweet Yacco a few times. LIVE DAMMIT

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

grittyreboot posted:

Congratulations, but the Cybertruck doesn't "move." It's so powerful that it actually moves the Earth itself while it stays right where it's at

thrust via planet rotation

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Virtual Russian posted:

Lost?

But yeah, GoT literally became unwatchable around like season 5 or 6 for me. I mean literally unwatchable, I got a couple episodes into whichever season it was where they decided they didn't need to light any scenes and just gave up. Hannibal did that too.

Lmfao I remember that. The episodes were so goddamn dark

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

GoT started to suck when enough characters got killed off that plot armor became necessary to progress the story. There was zero tension when Arya got gut stabbed 50 times and fell into a canal full of sewage because of course some rando amateur surgeon could totally fix that.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

That’s the only episode I saw lol. My friend recommended the show to me so I hopped on there and was like “what’s wrong with you?”

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Lmfao I remember that. The episodes were so goddamn dark

We had this discussion in another thread and turns out it's because the show creators are using $30,000 reference monitors when editing scenes and ignoring LED and OLED lighting standards for boradcast.

The unit for brightness in LED monitors is called a nit. You are never supposed to go below 5 nit in a scene, but a lot of GoT and House of the Dragon scenes went right down to 1 nit which look terrible on consumer grade equipment, but fine on super expensive high quality reference monitors.

Then there is the compression algorithms used for streaming. The one used in the US handles low light better than the ones used everywhere else. Why everywhere else uses an algorithm that can't handle extreme low light? No loving clue, they just do.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah streaming twin peaks 3 vs watching it on blu ray was insane, lots of moments of ohhh that is supposed to be visible

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

We had this discussion in another thread and turns out it's because the show creators are using $30,000 reference monitors when editing scenes and ignoring LED and OLED lighting standards for boradcast.

The unit for brightness in LED monitors is called a nit. You are never supposed to go below 5 nit in a scene, but a lot of GoT and House of the Dragon scenes went right down to 1 nit which look terrible on consumer grade equipment, but fine on super expensive high quality reference monitors.

Then there is the compression algorithms used for streaming. The one used in the US handles low light better than the ones used everywhere else. Why everywhere else uses an algorithm that can't handle extreme low light? No loving clue, they just do.

This was great to learn, makes sense.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

deathbysnusnu posted:

GoT started to suck when enough characters got killed off that plot armor became necessary to progress the story. There was zero tension when Arya got gut stabbed 50 times and fell into a canal full of sewage because of course some rando amateur surgeon could totally fix that.

we should see more people struggling with bacterial infections on TV

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Karach posted:

we should see more people struggling with bacterial infections on TV

I want realism in my magical dragon show damnit.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://x.com/catturd2/status/1792027225312608561

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Get him cowboy

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Imagine getting slam dunked into next year by the turd man. lmao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

the myth busters guy is a chud now? Typical.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mythchudsters

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/stillgray/status/1792030473180623234

:smith:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

What I'm learning from that exchange is chuds love brown pleather jackets

Edit: Also cowboy there needs a better cut of shirt, or tuck it in, his legs look deformed his silhouette is so off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Virtual Russian posted:

What I'm learning from that exchange is chuds love brown pleather jackets

Indiana jones is a chud.