Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
Had a hilarious moment with my parents who typically only drink German-style lagers/hefes etc., by feeding them a Commonwealth DIPA (Big Papi I think) where they exclaimed that IT TASTED LIKE NOTHING THEY'D EVER ENJOYED BEFORE ITS ALL TROPICS AND CITRUS AND WE LOVE THIS.

Boom converted. Thanks haze bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[said with extreme conviction and malice] Eat poo poo reddit. I'll be using ad block from now on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

the yellow dart posted:

Had a hilarious moment with my parents who typically only drink German-style lagers/hefes etc., by feeding them a Commonwealth DIPA (Big Papi I think) where they exclaimed that IT TASTED LIKE NOTHING THEY'D EVER ENJOYED BEFORE ITS ALL TROPICS AND CITRUS AND WE LOVE THIS.

Boom converted. Thanks haze bros.

To paraphrase some local brewers "it's all just IPAs for people who don't like ipas."

To paraphrase a scarily accurate beer blog "Soda, what I wanted was soda."

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Klaus Kinski posted:

Eh, some of the stout variants are probably good? French pressing coffee + stout is pretty tasty. Or at least interesting.

The fruit ones are more wtf. Just give in to your alcoholism and put vodka in that morning smoothie already.

I went with my boyfriend the other day because I'd never gone, as like a sophomore-level beer drinker one of the smoothie-style things was okay, in a 9-oz size. I wouldn't ever do more than that.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Still haven't banned T_D but they got rid of those pesky beer traders

Fuckin' reddit.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
funkybottoms I can confirm that this batch of Defenestrator is legit as gently caress. RVA folks, pro tip: The Cask Cafe is serving half-liter steins of this excellent 8.7% doppelbock for $6.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hi, it's me, the sucker that bought a six-pack of Aloha Sculpin and for some reason expected it to not taste exactly like every other variety of Sculpin.

edit: It''s not even hazy goddammit :mad:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 22, 2018

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Sculpin is still sculpin. You could have done a lot worse.

e: like this dumb gently caress that bought 10 cans of lervig neipa for $norwegian and noticed it's 3 months old when I got home.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 22, 2018

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Sirotan posted:

Hi, it's me, the sucker that bought a six-pack of Aloha Sculpin and for some reason expected it to not taste exactly like every other variety of Sculpin.

edit: It''s not even hazy goddammit :mad:

I get really upset when people unironically say that this is not hazy. Whenever anyone says that I whip out the Spaten Lager I have in my pocket and show them what not hazy looks like.

*I then shotgun a crowler of peach, mango, ddh galaxy hazebro milkshake IIIIPA*

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Quorum posted:

I went with my boyfriend the other day because I'd never gone, as like a sophomore-level beer drinker one of the smoothie-style things was okay, in a 9-oz size. I wouldn't ever do more than that.

now just wait until they get a frozen yogurt machine...

poop dood posted:

funkybottoms I can confirm that this batch of Defenestrator is legit as gently caress. RVA folks, pro tip: The Cask Cafe is serving half-liter steins of this excellent 8.7% doppelbock for $6.

thanks, dood! kinda dangerous serving size, though- i made the mistake of not eating dinner yesterday and i do not feel amazing this morning.

also, you should check out Swine & Brine if for no other reason than to eat crab cakes.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Klaus Kinski posted:

Sculpin is still sculpin. You could have done a lot worse.

e: like this dumb gently caress that bought 10 cans of lervig neipa for $norwegian and noticed it's 3 months old when I got home.

I managed to find a shops stock of Orval that was already 3 months old, which is pretty much a jackpot for me.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 23, 2018

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Frankston posted:

Don't post in here all that often but saw a great deal today for UK folk. Flavourly are doing a deal where you get 20 craft beers for £19 including free 48hr delivery, 2 free glasses and a free beer guide magazine (saves you £53 they say). Doesn't tie you to a subscription either which is nice, just a one-off order. It's only for new customers though so you'll have to make a new account if you use that website already. I don't work for flavourly, just thought some people might appreciate the offer.

So my case arrived yesterday. Was completely different beers than advertised, they were all from BAD Brewing, which isn't annoying in the least. 20 beers, two glasses for 19 quid delivered is a steal.

Tried the Hazy IPA which was, expectedly, a little past its best, but still pretty good, and the standard IPA, which was belting.

Deal seems to still be up, if anyone was on the fence about ordering, highly recommend.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

So my case arrived yesterday. Was completely different beers than advertised, they were all from BAD Brewing, which isn't annoying in the least. 20 beers, two glasses for 19 quid delivered is a steal.

Tried the Hazy IPA which was, expectedly, a little past its best, but still pretty good, and the standard IPA, which was belting.

Deal seems to still be up, if anyone was on the fence about ordering, highly recommend.

All their beers are made by Bad Co just now which is why they're using them for the substitutions just now I would think.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 23, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
So more like Good co?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Mr. Squishy posted:

So more like Good co?

That's a different place.

http://www.thegoodbeerco.com/welcome/

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

So more like Good co?

Bad Co are pretty Good I think.

Pilot are a brewery here that make few really excellent beers like Ultraviolet and their Blond

But they also love a Tennants now and again

http://pilotbeer.co.uk/in-praise-of-the-unspectacular/

A bit heavy handed but can't say it's wrong.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Fat Lou posted:

I get really upset when people unironically say that this is not hazy. Whenever anyone says that I whip out the Spaten Lager I have in my pocket and show them what not hazy looks like.

*I then shotgun a crowler of peach, mango, ddh galaxy hazebro milkshake IIIIPA*

I would not have complained, had this not been the label:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

If you’re gonna put “hazy” on the label then it should look like a glass of trub. If it’s just got that unfiltered look it’s not really “hazy”

Also I hate that beer has created that distinction.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I go the other way, I'm mad at all these "hazy" IPA's which are really opaque.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I go the other way, I'm mad at all these "hazy" IPA's which are really opaque.

:ssh:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The next Tired Hands ipa is going to be Crepuscular Fuliginous

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Papa John Misty posted:

The next Tired Hands ipa is going to be Crepuscular Fuliginous

You think they'd obfuscate the beer's most hype-worthy characteristic?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
EXTRA THICC QUINTUPLE CORPUSCLE IPA

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
So this is some pizza chain in Colorado; for the opening of their Centennial location, ummm

(One of these things is not like the other)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Gonna get hosed up with just a Jefferson

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Real Name Grover posted:

So this is some pizza chain in Colorado; for the opening of their Centennial location, ummm

(One of these things is not like the other)

*Insert joke about 120 Minute being worth less than $0.09...*

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Exciting events such as the 5-7pm alcohol poisoning race.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Gonna get hosed up with just a Jefferson

poo poo, like you could still walk after blowing a Washington

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Oh wait I didn't see the 120 minute. Lmao poo poo I'd be gone after a drat FDR

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/dontdrinkbeer/status/976894393717157888

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Anyone have suggestions for beer spots to check out in Atlantic City?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

internet celebrity posted:

Anyone have suggestions for beer spots to check out in Atlantic City?

My usual go-to for when I'm at the convention center is Wingcraft - prices aren't awful and they have a solid craft selection.

Also, go to Pancho's Mexican Taqueria for some solid Mexican.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

The "glitch" was that the password for etix presale was dld2018 lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LeafHouse posted:

The "glitch" was that the password for etix presale was dld2018 lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ySNAA_2Iw

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Aramoro posted:

Bad Co are pretty Good I think.

Pilot are a brewery here that make few really excellent beers like Ultraviolet and their Blond

But they also love a Tennants now and again

http://pilotbeer.co.uk/in-praise-of-the-unspectacular/

A bit heavy handed but can't say it's wrong.

In full agreement with them on that, the best beers I've had have been a combination of time, place and people not sipping a thimbleful of pastry stout and ticking a box.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

very stable genius posted:

If you’re gonna put “hazy” on the label then it should look like a glass of trub. If it’s just got that unfiltered look it’s not really “hazy”

Also I hate that beer has created that distinction.

If you don't alert people that the beer is hazy, and its anything less than clear, people will send it back. At least over here.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Klaus Kinski posted:

Exciting events such as the 5-7pm alcohol poisoning race.

there's a sport i would gladly watch

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Spuckuk posted:

If you don't alert people that the beer is hazy, and its anything less than clear, people will send it back. At least over here.

I know the context was IPAs, but would that include witbier and weissbier mit hefe when some dork orders it without knowing anything about the style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

funkybottoms posted:

there's a sport i would gladly watch

You should come to my local on a Friday