Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Grass monkey is cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Best Buy already has Sword and Shield up with a $10 reward coupon if you want to lock in an expiring Gamer's Club discount.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Judge Tesla posted:

Cool that Lopunny has another rabbit friend.

Diggersby will get jelly

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
I am Grook.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Funky Valentine posted:

In Galar Rare Candies are called Wazzly Worzzles and Galarians are confused why people call them anything different.

can’t wait to see what the Galarian variants of Johto mons look like

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Kurieg posted:

I think the scor in scorbunny is standing for both scorch and score. It's colored like a soccer jersey. And we've already seen the protagonists wearing sports jerseys and walking into an arena.
So the bunny plays rear end-foot, the monkey plays baseball or cricket, idk about the amphibian.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hope they didn’t take out changing clothes again haha

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Is Scorbunny supposed to be a football player? So it's "score" and "scorch"?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Don't mind me, just casually strolling into this thread."
\

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Random battles are back, crisis averted.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The new starter names are perfectly fine if you consider that the new region is based on the UK and think of them as hosed up British slang. "Cor guv, gonna be a bit o' Grookey down at the Sobble." And Scorbunny could have been some lovely europlatformer on the Zed Ex Spectrum

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1048259533834014720

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Supersonic Shine posted:

So the bunny plays rear end-foot, the monkey plays baseball or cricket, idk about the amphibian.

water polo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
My roommate prefers random encounters, so he at the very least is happy with that bit. That was my favorite change from Let's Go though, not that it's going to stop me from getting this

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

less laughter posted:

The region’s name is the first one in the main series without the letter o in it, streak broken

Not in Japan! Unova was called Isshu over there

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Going in hard on Pokemon Sword and Scorbunny. I'm loving how the game looks. :allears:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

scorbit would be a better name than scorbunny imo

rabbit, bunny

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

either way I can't believe they have TWO starters with the same first letter in their names. what the gently caress gamefreak

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh man, I bet Scorbunny’s final form will be Fire/Fighting.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ariong posted:

Oh man, I bet Scorbunny’s final form will be Fire/Fighting.

Oh definitely. This is gonna be one of those generations where I wait to see what the final forms look like before I commit to anything.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

is the grass thing a monkey? why do we need another monkey. there's a poo poo ton of animals out there they can take inspiration from

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

THE loving MOON posted:

My roommate prefers random encounters, so he at the very least is happy with that bit. That was my favorite change from Let's Go though, not that it's going to stop me from getting this

Can you ask your roommate his reasoning for liking such a bad thing instead of the good thing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it'll be fire/flying and his gimmick is that he jumps really high

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

"Don't mind me, just casually strolling into this thread."
\

Random observation, partially inspired by this post: So far, all of the non-Japan based regions have been separated by rather large real world distances, but Kalos should be right next door to Galar if geography still works remotely the same. I wonder if there'll be any Kalosians hanging around in the game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Scorbunny will become a degenerate Roger Rabbit Fire/Normal type

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Can you ask your roommate his reasoning for liking such a bad thing instead of the good thing

Probably has to do mostly with him not having a Switch and not having played Let's Go. The first thing is probably gonna change soon though

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Seriously, why do you guys think they would make another fire/fighting starter after they have three already? My bet's on fairy.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Have you considered that maybe, you are the one that likes bad things?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

qnqnx posted:

Have you considered that maybe, you are the one that likes bad things?

How are random encounters good

We were finally free. Free from our shackles

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Vegetable posted:

is the grass thing a monkey? why do we need another monkey. there's a poo poo ton of animals out there they can take inspiration from

There a monkey every gen. Gamefreak loves monkeys.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vegetable posted:

they took inspiration from the beastie boys

grass monkey, that funky monkey

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

So scorbunny = scorch/score + bunny and sobble = soggy(?) + bubble, what's grookey besides monkey?

Galar map:

The geographical links to Great Britain are kind of loose here, what I assume to be London is in the center with the clock tower, and the hill figures are north of it, when hill figures are mostly a Southern England thing. Scotland is the ice zone because of course it is. Is one of the cliff areas meant to be Devon (assuming the fossils are found in the Devon equivalent because Devonian period)? If so, once again much further north than it should be. Wales gets completely ignored, rip. I'll defer to people with more knowledge of British geography than me, I'm just guessing wildly off what little I know.

Kurieg posted:

I think the scor in scorbunny is standing for both scorch and score. It's colored like a soccer jersey. And we've already seen the protagonists wearing sports jerseys and walking into an arena.

Interesting, but what typing would a soccer rabbit be when fully evolved? (Please not fighting)

oddium posted:

it turns to a staff and he flies a bush around as a cloud

By gen 24 we will be able to assemble a full team of Sun Wukongs

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Seriously, why do you guys think they would make another fire/fighting starter after they have three already? My bet's on fairy.

People said the exact same thing when there was only one fire/fighting starter. They love their burning spirit fighting heroes.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I want to fight the wildlife instead of throwing balls at it like an extended, lame version of the Safari zones.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Because repel is cheap

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You wouldn't think they'd make their 30th or so monkey pokemon yet here we are.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Chill Penguin posted:

People said the exact same thing when there was only one fire/fighting starter. They love their burning spirit fighting heroes.

Yeah, but now there are three.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Looking at that map I 100% expect poke-scotland to be a postgame area

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Procrastine posted:

So scorbunny = scorch/score + bunny and sobble = soggy(?) + bubble, what's grookey besides monkey?

Galar map:

The geographical links to Great Britain are kind of loose here, what I assume to be London is in the center with the clock tower, and the hill figures are north of it, when hill figures are mostly a Southern England thing. Scotland is the ice zone because of course it is. Is one of the cliff areas meant to be Devon (assuming the fossils are found in the Devon equivalent because Devonian period)? If so, once again much further north than it should be. Wales gets completely ignored, rip. I'll defer to people with more knowledge of British geography than me, I'm just guessing wildly off what little I know.

Does anyone else think that it's the UK upside down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"joke's on you guys this game is actually based on SCOTLAND"