Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

moist turtleneck posted:

Did that guy in Kansas that invented the decapitating water slide ever get in trouble?

Or did they decide it's not technically illegal to be dumb and also build giant park rides?

All charges against the three men in involved were dropped due to prosecutors using inadmissible evidence.

since the father of the kid who died is a state rep he was able to enact updated laws that require third party inspections for water parks, which had previously been allowed to self inspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

GotLag posted:

"Steel cap shoes amputate toes" is on the same level as "seatbelts trap you in burning cars"
It's a handy delivery package of toes to surgery.

Which is 500x better than your foot turning into inoperable body slime.

If someone's really worried about it they can pay the extra $50 for the metatarsal armor.

But lol at the idea caps are somehow more dangerous than a closed shoe.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

lol if you posted:

All charges against the three men in involved were dropped due to prosecutors using inadmissible evidence.

since the father of the kid who died is a state rep he was able to enact updated laws that require third party inspections for water parks, which had previously been allowed to self inspect

Looks like New Jersey will be doing this soon:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-jersey/amusement-park-ride-super-sizzler-death-hailey-mcmullen-deerfield-new-jersey-20191018.html

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

razorrozar posted:

im talking about something heavy enough to push the steel caps through the soft rubber, which wouldn't have to be that heavy. a boxed TV or mattress would do it. crocs aren't exactly models of structural integrity

and it probably wouldn't actually cut the toes off but it would do more damage than just dropping the box on your foot would

Anything heavy enough to significantly deform a decent steel toe is heavy enough to effectively remove your toes via crush injury.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol if you posted:

:wtc:

a child was decapitated, what the gently caress other evidence do you need

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
This thread reminded me that I had to wear composite toe shoes when I worked at the FedEx Hub in Memphis.

There's a place across the street from the hub called Sid Boedeker that sells hub shoes, they give you a voucher for a new pair once a year. They must make a mint.

There was also an Earl Scheib across the street too at one point and they'd drive the baggage tugs over there to get them painted. Look up Tug MA-50 if you're interested.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 24, 2019

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

BMan posted:

:wtc:

a child was decapitated, what the gently caress other evidence do you need

wiki says the jury was shown a dramatic reenactment video produced for TV that contained numerous unsubstantiated claims. which was a very stupid thing to do because otherwise yeah that should have been a slam dunk.

I think they're probably still capable of being sued by the family but the park wasn't exactly rolling in money

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
Was this already posted? https://wgxa.tv/news/local/georgia-driver-survives-harrowing-crash-as-huge-logs-pierce-car-10-22-2019

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Vanagoon posted:

There was also an Earl Scheib across the street too at one point and they'd drive the baggage tugs over there to get them painted. Look up Tug MA-50 if you're interested.

I will NOT tug your 50 whatever that means you disgusting pervert :mad:

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

My dad and his friend used to attach our sleds to the back of their trucks and drive uphill in the snow. It was pretty fun. I guess that's kind of OSHA now that I think about it. We never went downhill at least!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I will NOT tug your 50 whatever that means you disgusting pervert :mad:

In fairness, you do advertise a super soaker party

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I saw a movie about that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/ESFzZxp.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Amazon's delivery methods are getting out of hand.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

CAT H2O prototype looking good

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Huh. It turns out the internet IS a series of tubes.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

lol if you posted:

wiki says the jury was shown a dramatic reenactment video produced for TV that contained numerous unsubstantiated claims. which was a very stupid thing to do because otherwise yeah that should have been a slam dunk.

I think they're probably still capable of being sued by the family but the park wasn't exactly rolling in money

That sounds like the kind of poo poo they do when they know they have to prosecute but don’t actually want to.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Reminds me of when I was in the air force and came into work and found out a pipe burst and flooded a comm room. Apparently the pipe burst in the little pipe closet, broke through a wall into the comm room, and sprayed water directly at a patch panel. The entire panel was pretty much doneso and the cable dawgs had to re-run a poo poo ton of horizontal runs because the water went several meters into the cables.

Edit: I guess the Osha part of this story is that under the raised floor covered in water was 480V 3 phase power.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 25, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Google TiSP not looking good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah the Wikileaks :mmmhmm:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Water cooled cabling

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
S-senpai! My Cluster Ring is so wet I'll ahegao!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

No wonder, the cable isn't shielded.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My dad used to be a pipe fab for oil rig construction and one of his abiding memories was someone dropped a scaffolding clips off the side of the rig and it fell 100ft and it clipped a guy on the back of head, shearing the back of his skull off. Wear safety hats.

He's also got lots of OHSA stories about welding guys into pipes who had fallen asleep in them etc. Lots of fun.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Aramoro posted:

He's also got lots of OHSA stories about welding guys into pipes who had fallen asleep in them etc. Lots of fun.

How many of those stories ended with someone dying horribly?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I mean, the internet is a series of tubes so this checks out.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

How many of those stories ended with someone dying horribly?

Not 'that' many. The guy who lost the back of his skull didn't die either, he just didn't do very well either. Most of the death were from air crashes at Sumburgh etc. The airport used to close at night so if the helicopter was delayed folk would get in their cars and make a circle of headlamps to land the helicopter in, pretty sure that's not OSHA.

My dad was supposed to be on the Dan Air flight that crashed at Sumburgh but someone else with the same surname took his seat and he got bumped to the next day. That's when he decided to stop working on the rigs.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 25, 2019

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

lol if you posted:

Just another footnote to this.
Scott Schwab, the above noted state rep, had voted in 2014 to cap personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits to a total of $300,000 in Kansas.
His family got $20,000,000, because he moved the lawsuit to Texas, and they do not have caps there.
The loss of a child is awful, but gently caress hypocrites, especially those in power.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 25, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I didn't know Volkswagen made networking equipment :haw:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2688509-Coolant-migration!-!-Please-help!

quote:

I have an '02 Passat GLX and the last few months have been awful. Car has died on the road on us at least 5 times! Started with a fuel pump, replaced, $600. Broke again, replaced (covered). Then the throttle body, replaced, $1,200. Next day, car dies again. Dealer does a deep dive and finds that coolant has migrated from a failed coolant temp sensor through the wiring harness and into the ECU. Current estimate, $3000! Plus, it was this same issue that caused both fuel pumps and the throttle body to go haywire.
Car is out of warranty, but I have seen that other people have experienced this with various VW models. I would like to hear if others have experienced this, and if so, has VW covered it?
I believe this is a design defect, and if they don't cover it, I am considering taking legal action. An inexpensive part that fails and causes almost $5,000 in damage cannot be considered a normal event - especially when others have had it happen. And even more so because I know that people have avoided this issue by drilling a small hole in near the connector interface.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated here. I have a limited time window as my car is currently in the shop. I am waiting to hear back from my VW service "advocate". I guess we'll see how much of an advocate they are...
Thanks,
Mike

on the MKIV Golfs it used to migrate to the tail lights.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

lol if you posted:

The father was also involved in making sure that amusement parks were not regulated or inspected - before his kid was decapitated.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Powershift posted:

I didn't know Volkswagen made networking equipment :haw:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2688509-Coolant-migration!-!-Please-help!

on the MKIV Golfs it used to migrate to the tail lights.
*Nodding* da ist blinker fluid

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mythbusters did it many years ago -

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pcjov

Anything strong enough to amputate your toes would otherwise turn your foot into a fine pâté.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

That's one spicy 5.25" floppy.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

FogHelmut posted:

Mythbusters did it many years ago -

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pcjov

Anything strong enough to amputate your toes would otherwise turn your foot into a fine pâté.

I actually operate a forklift better when I'm a little drunk, because I'm more careful

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Devor posted:

I actually operate a forklift better when I'm a little drunk, because I'm more careful

In my experience, every forklift driver is drunk.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

In my experience, every forklift driver is drunk.

And criminally stupid.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

How can you post those and not link to purchase page? :(

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Incredible gifts for non-forklift operators itt

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

All the forklift drivers I have seen drive them around super fast like F1 cars and that spooks me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Aramoro posted:

My dad used to be a pipe fab for oil rig construction and one of his abiding memories was someone dropped a scaffolding clips off the side of the rig and it fell 100ft and it clipped a guy on the back of head, shearing the back of his skull off. Wear safety hats.

I once had someone drop a nailgun on my head from the rafters. Luckily I had my hard hat on so I was able to stand up immediately and cuss him out. Otherwise I would've had to cuss him out when I woke up in the hospital. Always wear a hard hat.

There are some lava caves nearby Mount Saint Helens in Washington, including the Ape Caves which is about 1.5 miles long with zero improvements. I made the mistake of gong through it without putting my helmet on and brained myself a couple times for my trouble. Always wear your hard hat.