Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSquid
May 28, 2007
Flying a plane is just like riding a bike, except it's harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Screenshot:

I don't know anything about subies, so I can't answer your question, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

OldSquid posted:

Screenshot:

I don't know anything about subies, so I can't answer your question, though.

Loyales are very cool.

It's even 4wd!

The 3spd auto versions(Front or 4wd) are slow as balls, however.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
Here's a Firefox plugin that makes taking a pic of a page really easy - http://www.screengrab.org/ there's a Chrome alternative too - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ckibcdccnfeookdmbahgiakhnjcddpki .

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Splizwarf posted:

$1500 would be a better deal. For $2000 with over 250k on it I'd expect it to not go through oil like that. Losing oil at all is not normal for Volvos, they don't do it unless there's something lovely and interesting wrong with them. Tell us if that oil is getting burnt or leaving the engine via various seals. If it's just seals (and the interior is tits, climate control stuff works, it's got speakers, the tires aren't dry-rotted) and you can get it for $1500, good enough, seals are all reasonable to replace and inexpensive. If it's burning the oil I'd keep shopping; seals are fun but I don't want to play with ugly problems (hosed rings? blown-by turbo bearings? new valves?) on a car that I just paid money for. Expecially if you want a new car because you don't want to pay for your current one's parts addiction.

Get him to replace the windshield, because you're probably not passing inspection with a huge wandering crack in it. Ask him what oil he's been running (don't lead him with a "hey do you run synthetic"), if they've been running non-synthetic with that turbo, keep shopping.

Well, from what I know it's not burning it. There's no magic smoke at all, I think it's just losing it somewhere, I'll have to ask him to make sure though. Speakers are good, aftermarket ones, he's got a pretty nice stereo setup in it. Tires are great, as this thing has been driven recently and it's been well taken care of.

As for passing inspection... Rural Arkansas. If it runs under it's own power, has headlights and taillights, and proper turn signals, it's road legal. We don't even -have- inspections here ;)

Also, as an alternative...

Click here for the full 1263x960 image.

:swoon:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

T1g4h posted:

Well, from what I know it's not burning it. There's no magic smoke at all, I think it's just losing it somewhere, I'll have to ask him to make sure though. Speakers are good, aftermarket ones, he's got a pretty nice stereo setup in it. Tires are great, as this thing has been driven recently and it's been well taken care of.

As for passing inspection... Rural Arkansas. If it runs under it's own power, has headlights and taillights, and proper turn signals, it's road legal. We don't even -have- inspections here ;)

No inspections? Well, ok then, carry on.

No smoke doesn't mean it's not burning oil, unfortunately. Drive it around a little and put a sheet of cardboard under it overnight: if it's going through a quart every gas fillup and it's not burning it, you'll find the leak real fast. It's probably visible as undropped drips on the bottom of the engine all the time if you stick your head under there. Wear some safety glasses. Follow the trail of oil upwards, wherever the highest point on the trail is is probably the leak location. If it's the rear main you're not going to have a whole lot of fun, but it is just work rather than $$$. What's the story on synthetic oil? It's important for the turbo's lifespan.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Splizwarf posted:

No inspections? Well, ok then, carry on.

No smoke doesn't mean it's not burning oil, unfortunately. Drive it around a little and put a sheet of cardboard under it overnight: if it's going through a quart every gas fillup and it's not burning it, you'll find the leak real fast. It's probably visible as undropped drips on the bottom of the engine all the time if you stick your head under there. Wear some safety glasses. Follow the trail of oil upwards, wherever the highest point on the trail is is probably the leak location. If it's the rear main you're not going to have a whole lot of fun, but it is just work rather than $$$. What's the story on synthetic oil? It's important for the turbo's lifespan.

Not sure about whether or not it's been running synthetic. I can probably ask him about that today when I head out that way. Right now it's either a tossup between that 740, or the VW I linked in my last post. Either way, I'm needing something a bit more reliable than a mid 90's Blazer, especially one that's been thrashed to hell offroad despite being my DD :P

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
RB25DET in a Nissan Patrol anyone?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-PATROL...=item3a5a064f39

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

allonblack posted:

Here's a Firefox plugin that makes taking a pic of a page really easy - http://www.screengrab.org/ there's a Chrome alternative too - https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ckibcdccnfeookdmbahgiakhnjcddpki .

You can take a screen shot of whatever the current window is in any Windows program by hitting Alt+Print Screen

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

RealKyleH posted:

You can take a screen shot of whatever the current window is in any Windows program by hitting Alt+Print Screen

Is there anything out there that will allow you to grab a whole webpage even though part of it is off-screen? Craigslist ads always end up about two inches too tall on my browser to screengrab the whole thing. I can fullscreen the page with no borders and see it all, but then it's too wide for SA tables so I have to edit it anyway.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Splizwarf posted:

Is there anything out there that will allow you to grab a whole webpage even though part of it is off-screen? Craigslist ads always end up about two inches too tall on my browser to screengrab the whole thing. I can fullscreen the page with no borders and see it all, but then it's too wide for SA tables so I have to edit it anyway.

The plugin linked above does that in Firefox. Pixlr Grabber for Chrome does similar, but not as well.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

The plugin linked above does that in Firefox. Pixlr Grabber for Chrome does similar, but not as well.

A lack of specificity is my constant curse. Is there anything for Opera? Firefox has always had a pretty strong Mos Eisley Cantina flavour for me.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Splizwarf posted:

A lack of specificity is my constant curse. Is there anything for Opera? Firefox has always had a pretty strong Mos Eisley Cantina flavour for me.

You mean awesome with a side of homicide? gently caress man, Opera is the fixie of browsers.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

There is a program for mac called Paparazzi which does this. You might be able to cross reference it when looking for something for windows machines.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/1696200326.html

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
The Bluesmobile was a 1974 Dodge Monaco, not a Coronet, and it's not even close to the correct year.

Still, for a grand that's a pretty cool car.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Will a slant 6 run forever?

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Quantrill posted:

Yes. But very, very slowly.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Symphoric posted:

Yes. But very, very slowly.

Yeah, but you know what an indestructible engine can handle well, right?

TURBOOOOO :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd6hFGzLJMc

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just want to know why there's a bullet hole in the windshield. To complete the "bluesmobile" look? Bad neighborhood?

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

Quantrill posted:

Yes, after the apocalypse there will be three engines left running in world:

1. Ford 300 I6
2. Chrysler Slant-6
3. 80's Hondas

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

lazer_chicken posted:

1. Ford 300 I6
2. Chrysler Slant-6
3. 80's Hondas

AMC 4.0. :colbert:

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

lazer_chicken posted:

1. Ford 300 I6
2. Chrysler Slant-6
3. 80's Hondas
4. GM 3100 oh god my head gasket

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Matlock posted:

4. GM 3100 "My head gasket! That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was gas now. There was all the gas I needed...! It's not fair!"

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

Raluek posted:

AMC 4.0. :colbert:

Ok, granted. I see a bit of a pattern here...they'll all last forever, and be slow as balls doing it.

MY GIRLFRIEND used to drive a malibu with the 3100, and man, that engine would find so many mysterious ways to leak coolant.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
The Iron Duke motherfuckers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Honda 4-stroke single :colbert:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Jeep I6

The oil leaks are just self-lubrication.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
For the low low price of $25000:

Click here for the full 1824x1368 image.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/mcy/1706654321.html

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Jeep I6

The oil leaks are just self-lubrication.

Yeah but the modern ones would wind up on the side of the road because something electrical would go very wrong and the driver would walk away saying "gently caress this poo poo."

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange
$10K for a French spaceship/1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo (it says the price on the dealers website)

If I had money and room.:smithfrog:

Froderick
Aug 15, 2007

You don't box in a vet.
Coupé

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This is gold as gently caress

http://cornwall.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-1989-Honda-CRX-Coupe-2-door-W0QQAdIdZ200914953

Mike_P
Aug 4, 2006

"I dunnoooow"
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1709461882.html

Click here for the full 1365x786 image.

A reasonably priced Caprice with an accessory to fraud charge thrown in for free.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

lazer_chicken posted:

1. Ford 300 I6
2. Chrysler Slant-6
3. 80's Hondas

International small blocks :black101:

20 year old oil, bad gas, and a weasel in the intake? No problem!

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

That's my city. I'm sure Cornwall is just full of gold.
edit: guessing you're in Ottawa?

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 26, 2010

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010
Hrm...

Pontiac Grand drat, crap aside from the typo, this might be a lemons theme
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/1687689202.html

Click here for the full 1280x742 image.

AAannndd... while looking for a trail rig, I came across this one, but I don't think I have the proper skill-set to fix it up.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/1703285088.html

Click here for the full 1280x742 image.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'm in Cornwall sadly :(

There is someone in the east end with an untouched CRX. There are so many things I want to take pictures of in this city, I just never take my camera.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

I'm in Cornwall sadly :(

There is someone in the east end with an untouched CRX. There are so many things I want to take pictures of in this city, I just never take my camera.

I don't have PM's and don't want to poo poo up the thread but I had no clue there were other goons in this shithole. shoot me an email
edit: I live in the east, by the way. I'm trying to think of which CRX you're talking about but can't think of it. Street?

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 9, 2013

star trek extra credit
Jun 3, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Somebody else likes Cabriolets? You're my favorite poster ever.

Also, speaking of unkillable engines, the Cabby engine is definitely one of these. The VW 1.8 in all of its forms is ridiculously long-lasting. My Cabriolet had about 5x the miles on this one and still ran great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

That car's got a bad case of steatopygia, a.k.a. "fatness of the arse".