Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Yeah don't feel pressured to start from the beginning of CDR/CBB at all. Basically feel free to just pick and choose guests that you like.

One particular favorite is the episode with Patten Oswalt and Brett Gelman. If that episode doesn't get you into the show nothing will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

SKULE123 posted:

Also the Paul F. Tompkins + Rob Corddry + Lake Bell episode.

This one. Without a doubt.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

soru posted:

This one. Without a doubt.

Is that one of the Gary Marshall ones?

i need to punch
Aug 27, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had a hard time with CBB for a while. I tried to pick it up when the newest episode was Nick Thune and Chelsea Peretti were the guests, which didn't do much for me. I didn't find myself "getting" the show until I listened to the episode with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt. It finally made me get why characters are so fantastic.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Fil5000 posted:

Cake Boss. Egyptian themed party.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

MalcolmXmas posted:

I had a hard time with CBB for a while. I tried to pick it up when the newest episode was Nick Thune and Chelsea Peretti were the guests, which didn't do much for me. I didn't find myself "getting" the show until I listened to the episode with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt. It finally made me get why characters are so fantastic.

I was the same way, I tried listening to the Harris Wittels and Nick Kroll episode when it was new and it just didn't click for whatever reason. But after listening to a few episodes and finally getting what they're doing that episode has turned out to be one of my favorites.

Also, the Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Daly episode is the best.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

I really like the Nerdist podcast, but is it just me or is Matt Mira's laugh kind of jarring? Ill be in the car listening and its always entertaining, then he'll laugh at something and my mind will just go "Oh my god that laugh".

Even though he might be my least favorite, I do like what he adds to the show because he balances out Chris's super optimism and it makes for a fun show. I like that Jonah is kind of even keel so that the show has a balance, and thats probably why its my favorite podcast.

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

I really like the Nerdist podcast, but is it just me or is Matt Mira's laugh kind of jarring? Ill be in the car listening and its always entertaining, then he'll laugh at something and my mind will just go "Oh my god that laugh".

Even though he might be my least favorite, I do like what he adds to the show because he balances out Chris's super optimism and it makes for a fun show. I like that Jonah is kind of even keel so that the show has a balance, and thats probably why its my favorite podcast.

I dig the Nerdist. I think it's been getting a bit better over the last month or so. As for Mira, I think most people find him to be the pathetic punching bag. I like him though, he's sort of adorable.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Kabraxis posted:

I dig the Nerdist. I think it's been getting a bit better over the last month or so. As for Mira, I think most people find him to be the pathetic punching bag. I like him though, he's sort of adorable.

I lost all empathy for him when they did that Hostful episode called "Typical Internet" and tried to prop up his feelings after he read the A/V Club Podmass comments from that week. Also drove me off the Hostful episodes. I'm not one of those mean internet posters, but jesus, what a suck.

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.
Has anybody been listening to WeNerdHard or Blacking It Up? They're done by guys in the Brooklyn Comedy Company hilariously arguing either 1) nerd poo poo or 2) political news with each other

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

SKULE123 posted:

I lost all empathy for him when they did that Hostful episode called "Typical Internet" and tried to prop up his feelings after he read the A/V Club Podmass comments from that week. Also drove me off the Hostful episodes. I'm not one of those mean internet posters, but jesus, what a suck

The hostful's are usually my favorite because I like the atmosphere they have going of 3 buddies shooting the poo poo- the guest ones are good too, but they are always dependent on how interesting or fun the guest is which can be hit or miss.

I do see Mira as a punching bag but sometimes he really does bring it on himself, like when he ragged on his family publicly- and when he admitted that if he hit someones car he wouldnt leave a note. Its stuff like that which makes me feel like if he changed his attitude he probably wouldnt take as much crap from the guys who honestly let him off a little easy.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

The hostful's are usually my favorite because I like the atmosphere they have going of 3 buddies shooting the poo poo- the guest ones are good too, but they are always dependent on how interesting or fun the guest is which can be hit or miss.

I do see Mira as a punching bag but sometimes he really does bring it on himself, like when he ragged on his family publicly- and when he admitted that if he hit someones car he wouldnt leave a note. Its stuff like that which makes me feel like if he changed his attitude he probably wouldnt take as much crap from the guys who honestly let him off a little easy.

I think he actually admitted to hitting somoenes car and pretending to leave a note because someone saw it happen but the note just said "sorry" or something. The last episode was hilarious because he started ragging on Maggie Gyllenhaal in the same exact way he was ragged on by those posts on A/V club and when Chris pointed that out he just kept on going. Also yeah the whole thing where he shat on his brother for an hour and wont admit that it was in poor taste even though his father refuses to speak to him because of it.

I've seen Matt live and he isnt a good standup and I don't really see him being successful if it wasnt for his friends in the industry. Maybe his writing on whatever G4 show he got hired onto will be better.

Jonah on the other hand is loving hilarious. Plus, I ordered a couple of copies of his first album on vinyl from AST and they only sent me a single copy. After tons of emails to them with no response I decided to e-mail Jonah himself and he responded back within minutes and got those extra copies sent out. So not only is he a funny guy, he gives a poo poo about his fans.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

That episode is with Tom Scharpling & "Weird" Al, and it is, in my opinion, one of Paul's greatest performances. I listened to it twice in a row, I liked it so much.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Okay, so I gave the Adam Scott/PFT/James Adomain episode a shot, and it's pretty good. I think I'm gonna stick with this for awhile. It's really well done, and Scott knows how to work with everyone's characters pretty well. It's much better than EP 1.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
As tempting as it is, it's best if you don't skip to the plugs section at the end.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I started listening to Lou Reads this week and, well, all I can really say is that it's amazing how something that seems "normal " or at least commonplace on the internet is just so much more disgusting and depraved (and hilarious) when it's read out loud. I consider myself a seasoned user of the internet and I have definitely seen and read about an awful lot of horrible things, but when you actually hear someone saying those words, adding intonation and seeming to actually mean it, it adds a whole different layer of ridiculousness. There's just enough editorializing so that you know that the content isn't actually being endorsed, and that's nice because if it were all just horrible things I think my eyes would glaze over very quickly.

It's a pretty fantastic show.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

SKULE123 posted:

Cake Boss. Egyptian themed party.

The 'Would You Rather' for that was hilarious as I recall, too. Something about being a balsa wood airplane or having bits of wood stuck under your skin?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

kwinkles posted:

I started listening to Lou Reads this week and, well, all I can really say is that it's amazing how something that seems "normal " or at least commonplace on the internet is just so much more disgusting and depraved (and hilarious) when it's read out loud. I consider myself a seasoned user of the internet and I have definitely seen and read about an awful lot of horrible things, but when you actually hear someone saying those words, adding intonation and seeming to actually mean it, it adds a whole different layer of ridiculousness. There's just enough editorializing so that you know that the content isn't actually being endorsed, and that's nice because if it were all just horrible things I think my eyes would glaze over very quickly.

It's a pretty fantastic show.

Thanks man! I'm going bananas trying to get this crap going for the live show and a HUGE voice over job for Orkin just came back so I've been under the gun. I'm looking forward to actually being able to concentrate on recording stupidity again!

If you get a chance please rate the show on iTunes. A million thanks!

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I've listened to probably 40 Joe Rogan podcasts in the last two months and I can't stop myself from ironically saying SON!! at the end of sentences it works with.

It's such a fun word :unsmith:

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
I just got caught up with the Smartest Man in the World and I'll be damned if John DiMaggio isn't a delightful human person.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

glassy-eyed bambi posted:

I've listened to probably 40 Joe Rogan podcasts in the last two months and I can't stop myself from ironically saying SON!! at the end of sentences it works with.

It's such a fun word :unsmith:

Kevin Smith is on today, its 6pm west coast, and they'll have it live on ustream. I'm rolling joints now, and then off to the store for beers. My father in law shot a turkey this morning so fresh meat is on the menu. Weed, beer, meat, and The Joe Rogan Experience are the perfect combination for a pre weekend party. Kevin Smith is just a bonus.

ustream link

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Who Charted is amazing this week. When they started on Hawking I lost it. Andy Richter is so funny.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
King Lou I absolutely adore your reading of CumOnFood.net your discomfort is hilarious.

edit: The pee forum one was great as well. I always knew hotel rooms were gross but now I actively dread using a hotel ever again.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 1, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Indolent Bastard posted:

King Lou I absolutely adore your reading of CumOnFood.net your discomfort is hilarious.

edit: The pee forum one was great as well. I always knew hotel rooms were gross but now I actively dread using a hotel ever again.

Ha. I was just collecting images for the live show from that site and it still makes me nauseous. I may have said that recently... but its true. Just like shoe sessions there are a ton of photos of peoples cocks and food and then said food all goop'd on. Blech.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Lou, have you ever recorded a podcast with a live audience? Because I think audible gagging and nervous laughing would make it ten times better :allears:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

the new superego is so drat good, I wish it was hours long

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

the new superego is so drat good, I wish it was hours long

Holy poo poo, you aren't kidding. The Don Dimelo, ALW, HR Giger thing at the beginning is maybe one of the funniest things I've heard on Superego.

MG
Feb 13, 2001

My name is Pleasence and I am FUNKY!
I wish every superego was many hours long :(

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

DJ BK posted:

Kevin Smith is on today, its 6pm west coast, and they'll have it live on ustream. I'm rolling joints now, and then off to the store for beers. My father in law shot a turkey this morning so fresh meat is on the menu. Weed, beer, meat, and The Joe Rogan Experience are the perfect combination for a pre weekend party. Kevin Smith is just a bonus.

ustream link

Is there a schedule he posts online about when the show airs and what guests will be on?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I wanna touch back a second and give my love for when Hot Dog appeared on CDR. I have that one specifically downloaded on my phone so I can play it every few months or so.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Evil Agita posted:

Is there a schedule he posts online about when the show airs and what guests will be on?

Not really, he just posts info on his Twitter either that day or the most recent podcast.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

MG posted:

I wish every superego was many hours long :(

I know, I really do feel sad when they start doing the plugs because I know it's almost over :(

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I wanna touch back a second and give my love for when Hot Dog appeared on CDR. I have that one specifically downloaded on my phone so I can play it every few months or so.

I archive every episode of CBB and superego on my phone, if I don't feel like listening to any of my regular podcasts I'll just pull them up from the archive randomly. I love that I still think it's so drat funny, just yesterday I re-listened to all the Wompler appearances and jesus it's so good.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
I wish superego would post their show as a mp3, instead of a m4a, so I wouldn't have to pain-in-the-rear end convert it or listen to it while sitting at my computer :(

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Someone tell me about the superego podcast? I just looked at the guestlists so I'm interested but I cant tell what the show is about.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I tried Superego for the first time way back when PFT was hosting CBB and the guys from Superego came on as Paul's grandmothers (which is an amazing episode btw) but it just didn't click with me. Tried it again tonight and it is amazing. I have a feeling it's getting added to the rotation!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Someone tell me about the superego podcast? I just looked at the guestlists so I'm interested but I cant tell what the show is about.

It's an improv sketch show, they set up scenes and then basically improv everything. Each sketch is just a few minutes long but they put a good number of sketches in each episode. They have a lot of recurring characters and scenes, it's always awesome.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This evening's Joe Rogan Experience with Kevin Smith was epic(In the traditional sense, not in internet speak.) It was something like almost 4 hours long despite some ustream errors on their end and they seemed to cover quite a bit, from Smith's movies, to influences growing up, to drugs(of course.) If you're a fan of the podcast and can make the time, I'd check it out.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I can't wait to listen to that one. When Rogan was on Plus One Per Diem it was a really good show.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Their "NEW TO SUPEREGO?" suggestions are pretty awesome, and any "Shunt McGuppin" bit.

http://www.gosuperego.com/podcast-episodes/

This one especially:
http://www.gosuperego.com/podcast-episode-3-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

ElCondemn posted:

It's an improv sketch show, they set up scenes and then basically improv everything. Each sketch is just a few minutes long but they put a good number of sketches in each episode. They have a lot of recurring characters and scenes, it's always awesome.

The other thing about Superego which you may or may not like is it's loving DENSE. The jokes come incredibly quickly, often as asides, the cumulative effect generally leaves me in awe but not laughing. However, there are some exceptions where it's super hilarious. Worth a shot and not like anything else out there, I think.

• Locked thread