Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Los Angeles to New York is the same distance as Lisbon to Moscow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kelp Me! posted:

"Texans don't understand the concept of 'too big'" is a pretty well-known thing in the US

We get that a lot. :quagmire:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We get that a lot. :quagmire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Since we don't have a thread for "Post your moments of unerring stupidity":

I spent an hour trying to figure out why my wireless mouse wasn't working after the batteries died and I swapped them out, only to realize that the culprit that the rechargables I put in were drained as well. I got them directly out of the recharging thing; I guess they were there as a distant reminder to charge the things, not a hey-these-are-available notice.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm sick in bed and just want to watch YouTube or Netflix but my wifi isn't working properly.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I tried to go to bed but my mind decided to think about how little I've done with my life and also relive my cat dying in my arms. Now I'm back up, trying to find something to distract myself with until I'm tired enough to just pass out.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My 3DS seems pre-built with certain child safety blocks enabled, and the process to disable them by proving I'm not a 12 year old didn't work. Not sure if it was an user error on my part (not making my signature legible enough), or if Nintendo's system is hosed up, but it basically means I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to get my issue resolved.

I just want to go to other people's towns in Animal Crossing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I got my period today but I'm going to a baseball game tomorrow and the pain meds I'll have to take to survive the day mean I won't be able to drink :smith:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I got my period today but I'm going to a baseball game tomorrow and the pain meds I'll have to take to survive the day mean I won't be able to drink :smith:

what if I were to give you the express written consent of Major League Baseball

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I want to play Shadowrun but I have a family gathering to go to. It's Saturday, dammit! We're Muslim, this can wait 'til tomorrow!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

what if I were to give you the express written consent of Major League Baseball

You would be scowled at; mixing booze and pain meds is not A Good Idea

FWP: my new supervisor wants to talk to me and the dude who relieves me in the morning, before I go home :shepface: I know it's *probably* just a "Hi I'm the super now here's my number call if you have any problems also we have a new cart stop breaking it for fucks sake you loving fucks" but I hate it when management shows up for any reason. I'm always paranoid they'll try to find some reason to make my shifts miserable.

I give the new cart a week before one of the roavers busts the frame and tries to blame night shift. Again.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:39 on Jul 22, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm about to go see Valerian and I thought it'd be a good idea to go to their first showing at 11 am.
But it's Saturday and I'm up at a reasonable hour. What madness is this?!

Also, I bought two $60 games this week. I never pay full price for games. I don't know who I am anymore.
Splatoon 2 and Fortnite for the curious

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Also, I bought two $60 games this week. I never pay full price for games. I don't know who I am anymore.
Splatoon 2 and Fortnite for the curious

Splatoon 2 is great so I would consider that a First World Solution imo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm sick in bed and just want to watch YouTube or Netflix but my wifi isn't working properly.

Drugs

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I tried to go to bed but my mind decided to think about how little I've done with my life and also relive my cat dying in my arms. Now I'm back up, trying to find something to distract myself with until I'm tired enough to just pass out.

Also, drugs.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Traffic was really really really bad coming back from the cottage today; we were stuck on the highway for double the normal amount of time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My computer is hosed up. Narrowed it down to psu or gpu failure :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got my first ever tats yesterday! The pain wasn't so bad, but the area around one of them is kinda red. I think I've been putting on too much of the cream poo poo. So I just washed it all again and going to let it dry and not use the cream for a few hours.

And hope this poo poo isn't infected.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cowslips Warren posted:

Got my first ever tats yesterday! The pain wasn't so bad, but the area around one of them is kinda red. I think I've been putting on too much of the cream poo poo. So I just washed it all again and going to let it dry and not use the cream for a few hours.

And hope this poo poo isn't infected.

If it's looking red swab on some white vinegar. It's a really low level antibiotic that won't irritate like the cream can.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am trying to get a working visa for China, so I can move there in Sept. to accept my new job.

My first world problems are: They are taking an interminable time with the paperwork, leaving me on this end frustrated.
and they wanted a digital scan of my degree, but the scanner I have at home is only big enough for A4, so I had to go into Officeworks early this morning to scan it and get it emailed to them early enough for them to use.

Oh, another first world problem is that the only direct flights from my home city to Shanghai arrive either really early in the morning, or late at night. So that when I arrive, I will have to wait 4+ hours in the airport before I can take a bus to the town I will be living in.

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Jul 25, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am trying to get a working visa for China, so I can move there in Sept. to accept my new job.

My first world problems are: They are taking an interminable time with the paperwork, leaving me on this end frustrated.
and they wanted a digital scan of my degree, but the scanner I have at home is only big enough for A$, so I had to go into Officeworks early this morning to scan it and get it emailed to them early enough for them to use.

Oh, another first world problem is that the only direct flights from my home city to Shanghai arrive either really early in the morning, or late at night. So that when I arrive, I will have to wait 4+ hours in the airport before I can take a bus to the town I will be living in.

Shanghai Pudong is dope as gently caress though, you can easily spend that whole time admiring the architecture, etc.

Also depending on if you have certain credit cards, you may be able to get into one of the executive lounges, in which case, enjoy 4 hours of free food/booze and likely a clean place to shower after that flight.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kelp Me! posted:

Shanghai Pudong is dope as gently caress though, you can easily spend that whole time admiring the architecture, etc.

Also depending on if you have certain credit cards, you may be able to get into one of the executive lounges, in which case, enjoy 4 hours of free food/booze and likely a clean place to shower after that flight.

Cheers. Thanks for that. If I can get a shower/chance to change into clean clothes after a 10 hour overnight flight, that would truly be lovely.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm on vacation all week for the express purpose of surfing and every single goddamn break in Southern California is going to be essentially flat all loving week. And to rub salt in the wound, there's a huge tropical storm swell coming in literally right after I go back home.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
One of my friends, who moved to Canada to be with her boyfriend, now husband, is utterly furious because after their relationship has gone back and forth from them living in his parents' basement, them getting an apartment, losing it, moving back, him going through many jobs, coming out as trans, her coming out as asexual, finally back to their own place, now in the process of buying a house, and him finally in a job he's kept for more than 6 months....he doesn't want to have a baby and thinks it'd be a burden.

She refuses to think that maybe, maybe it's a better idea not to have a baby with a manchild who wants to play video games rather than do adult poo poo, or who quits his job because he's tired of it. This is HER dream. She's made all the sacrifice and is going on fertility drugs next month and he's....not wanting her to have her dream.

But she insists they are on a hard timeline because she is mid 30s and he is mid 30s and any older and it'll be impossible to keep up with a kid in their 40s. So they have to do this NOW or it's never gonna happen.

Of course she's bitter that it's taken them years to get a real place because he refused to keep a job. Now they have a house ready and she's gunning for a baby and he flat out refuses.

edit: I tried to get her mind of it, and instead she is naming off every loving baby name she can think of.

And to be honest, part of me is sad because if they do have a kid, I don't see the marriage lasting much longer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Tell her to divorce xir rear end and be a single mom.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

E: nevermind, I misread the entire story somehow :psyduck:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Applying for a new job and they're requiring two references. My current and only job has a policy of not giving references.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Not even just proof that you worked there?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Nope. They want two managers or supervisors. I have one willing to do it if I keep it hush-hush but all the others that actually know me said the same thing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Finishing one task with just enough time before you need to start the next thing that you feel like you should find something to do, but not enough time to actually do anything useful.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Probably a repeat, but gently caress it:

My mouth wants me to chug milk. My stomach reached the "I am full of milk and feeling gross for it" state a glass or two ago, a while ago.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I had to walk to work in the pouring rain and my pants are soaked from the knees down, and I can't very well hang them up to dry and sit here without pants in the six person office.

on the other hand my contract runs out in six days so what are they gonna do

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Cowslips Warren posted:

One of my friends, who moved to Canada to be with her boyfriend, now husband, is utterly furious because after their relationship has gone back and forth from them living in his parents' basement, them getting an apartment, losing it, moving back, him going through many jobs, coming out as trans, her coming out as asexual, finally back to their own place, now in the process of buying a house, and him finally in a job he's kept for more than 6 months....he doesn't want to have a baby and thinks it'd be a burden.

She refuses to think that maybe, maybe it's a better idea not to have a baby with a manchild who wants to play video games rather than do adult poo poo, or who quits his job because he's tired of it. This is HER dream. She's made all the sacrifice and is going on fertility drugs next month and he's....not wanting her to have her dream.

But she insists they are on a hard timeline because she is mid 30s and he is mid 30s and any older and it'll be impossible to keep up with a kid in their 40s. So they have to do this NOW or it's never gonna happen.

Of course she's bitter that it's taken them years to get a real place because he refused to keep a job. Now they have a house ready and she's gunning for a baby and he flat out refuses.

edit: I tried to get her mind of it, and instead she is naming off every loving baby name she can think of.

And to be honest, part of me is sad because if they do have a kid, I don't see the marriage lasting much longer.

Her husband is a trans woman now? If so, and she's taking hormones, that's gonna gently caress up the chances at getting pregnant.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

If asexual means an absence of interest in sexual activity, is she wanting to adopt, or has she changed her mind on being asexual?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My car is still in the shop. It was supposed to be done "by the end of today" for the last two weeks. :argh:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Golli posted:

If asexual means an absence of interest in sexual activity, is she wanting to adopt, or has she changed her mind on being asexual?

Based on the description, asexual may just mean she doesn't want to have sex with her partner but is too committed to look outside the relationship. It's sad all around and if "hey I'm trans gender" or "hey I'm asexual" aren't extremely good reasons to be able to amicably end a relationship, I don't know what is.
But no, let's hang on for the child--oh, never mind.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I loving hate when a website pops up a "Hey, why not subscribe to us?" message before I've had a chance to read the article. I'm more likely to subscribe to a website that asks me that after I've read a good article. How is this a thing? Who are the people this works on?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

I loving hate when a website pops up a "Hey, why not subscribe to us?" message before I've had a chance to read the article. I'm more likely to subscribe to a website that asks me that after I've read a good article. How is this a thing? Who are the people this works on?

same but "please disable your adblocker so we can force autoplay audio/video ads on you we need the money :("

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We're all going to die.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kelp Me! posted:

same but "please disable your adblocker so we can force autoplay audio/video ads on you we need the money :("

loving Forbes does this. What the gently caress? Don't autoplay videos after you force me to disable my ad-blocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Inzombiac posted:

We're all going to die.

I fail to see how that's a first world problem.