Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

and so goes the thread title expressing my bewilderment. long live the thread title celebrating the man who was the inspiration for one of the more interesting characters i've ever seen in media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bowie for Part 4 ending, please.

Break the bank (but not the budget) for rights.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Really sucks. A lot of music legends are bowing out this winter.

The boomers had to start dying eventually.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
When I said I wanted all boomers dead this isn't what I meant!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The lovely babyboomers, sure. Not the cool ones.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bowie's music means a lot to me though I'm a strange fan as my favorite albums are Outside and Earthling.

I was a weird teenager. Telling Lies is one of my all time favorite songs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I feel out of place.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Forktoss posted:

Of course the JoJo thread is where I first hear about this. loving hell.

:smith:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
in slightly happier news I saw this in the related videos of the OP linked in the anime thread and it's pretty good imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDScdHEUw4

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

in slightly happier news I saw this in the related videos of the OP linked in the anime thread and it's pretty good imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDScdHEUw4

Good stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's appropriate that Josuke is 50% Kira Yoshikage, as Soft and Wet comes with 14 hands (and 4 heads). The tubes on his elbows/knees come off really easily. Cute as hell though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

It's appropriate that Josuke is 50% Kira Yoshikage, as Soft and Wet comes with 14 hands (and 4 heads). The tubes on his elbows/knees come off really easily. Cute as hell though.

That Soft & Wet figure ruuuuuules. I somehow saw pictures of it before I got to JoJolion, but held off buying cause I didn't want to buy a figure for a Stand I didn't even know what it did.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Moltrey posted:

That Soft & Wet figure ruuuuuules.
Whoa, it really does! That Gappy is fantastic too, and it's not like you can buy one without getting the other. Another pair to add to my wish list for when the Canadian prices drop a little. (Just kidding, they won't, our dollar is in the toilet and swirling further down.) I have a couple of SAS figures heading my way as belated Christmas gifts, but I'm waiting to see how much I get dinged in customs fees before I commit to following this madness to its bitter, broke-rear end end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not to encourage anyone to spend way too much on figures in a series where you might have 50 characters you like so-so much, Gappy and S&W are pretty cheap because they're recent.

I've heard somewhat mixed reviews of the Josuke (4) reissue though. Some of his face work is poor the feedback says, though it's luck of the draw as to whether you'll get one with bad painting.

I accidentally broke Crazy D's base so it doesn't bend at the bottom anymore.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 12, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Honestly I want a Gappy figure but wasn't planning on Soft & Wet til I saw that picture. It looks way better than I thought. THANKS A LOT JOSUKE

e: but yeah, since Gappy is cheaper honestly I think I'm gonna spring for him this week even if it means Okuyasu is waiting in the wings longer still.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

I've heard somewhat mixed reviews of the Josuke (4) reissue though. Some of his face work is poor the feedback says, though it's luck of the draw as to whether you'll get one with bad painting.
Yikes, that's one of the ones that are headed my way. I hope it turns out to be one of the good ones; I don't think I could touch it up myself and I'm not sure there's much recourse if it's just a bad paint job and not a bootleg.

(the other figure I got is okuyasu because you gotta have the duwang duo and the price is only slightly over-inflated through retailers here but man I also want the highway star version of rohan and that's wicked expensive)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The pictures don't really do much justice to S+W's paint job though. It has really nice gradient effects as whole. Really nicely painted.

Amaryllis posted:

Yikes, that's one of the ones that are headed my way. I hope it turns out to be one of the good ones; I don't think I could touch it up myself and I'm not sure there's much recourse if it's just a bad paint job and not a bootleg.

(the other figure I got is okuyasu because you gotta have the duwang duo and the price is only slightly over-inflated through retailers here but man I also want the highway star version of rohan and that's wicked expensive)

It could easily be confirmation bias, in the end.
"I got one with a bad paint job, they must all be bad!" etc.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I love the Rohan that I have since I like that outfit, too, but I especially like Highway Star Rohan (in the purple color combo that I've seen floating around) and it's just too expensive.

The paint on my Hand figure is just a tiny bit wonky in one spot but I don't mind that so much.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Back to back post cuz I'm annoying:

Amaryllis, did you see this floating around yet? I love it so much.

http://pearsfears.tumblr.com/post/137122254138/i-watched-pretty-in-pink-last-week-and-thought

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Whooooa, I love it! (I love any and all fanart of my favourite jojobros, but this is especially nice.) And I thought those outfits looked vaguely familiar...

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 12, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel lucky that my Statue Legend Crazy Diamond has like, a perfect paint job. It may not be poseable but I appreciate the more "higher quality" look.

Also for some reason, I don't really care for character figures except for maybe Kira and Weather Report but there are a ton of Stand figures I want; Killer Queen, King Crimson, Soft & Wet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only really want the figures if I can get both the character and their Stand. I'd go for Okuyasu and The Hand, but The Hand is really really affordable but Okuyasu is decidedly not. I want Kira and KQ more, but I want specific ones of them and they're a good £70-90 each depending on sellers. Very expensive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also if we're posting Fashion BroJos then well......

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wow, Mista is unrecognizable without his hat thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jotaro looks weird without his hat and coat, but then again, that look makes him look like the big nerd that he really is, so it works.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Butt Ghost posted:

Wow, Mista is unrecognizable without his hat thing.

You mean hot. Too bad he smells awful.

I always love Josuke + Okuyasu in non-uniform outfits.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Those are awesome too! (Though Jotaro and Kakyoin just look... okay? Like, you could make a case for the other characters' fashion choices being in-character, but those two are just sort of wearing nice stuff.)

I only really want the figures if I can get both the character and their Stand. I'd go for Okuyasu and The Hand, but The Hand is really really affordable but Okuyasu is decidedly not. I want Kira and KQ more, but I want specific ones of them and they're a good £70-90 each depending on sellers. Very expensive.
Have you tried looking at international sellers with a favourable currency exchange? (For instance, the average price on the Okuyasu figure has dropped by a good $50 in the last couple of weeks on the Canadian Amazon marketplace for some reason, and some of the reputable sellers will ship outside of Canada. ...not that I keep track of these things...)

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amaryllis posted:

Those are awesome too! (Though Jotaro and Kakyoin just look... okay? Like, you could make a case for the other characters' fashion choices being in-character, but those two are just sort of wearing nice stuff.)

Have you tried looking at international sellers with a favourable currency exchange? (For instance, the average price on the Okuyasu figure has dropped by a good $50 in the last couple of weeks on the Canadian Amazon marketplace for some reason, and some of the reputable sellers will ship outside of Canada. ...not that I keep track of these things...)

Yeah, I keep an eye on Mandarake (4chan's /toy/ JoJo threads have a guide to help you order from there) and Yahoo Auction's Japan but it's more a thing of me being kinda too poor to buy expensive ones rather than being cheap.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those pictures are gayer than most JoJo doujins

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

Those pictures are gayer than most JoJo doujins
If being reaaaaaal close to your best friend as you both wear nice outfits is gay then I don't wanna be straight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said, Caesar and Joseph's actually look pretty natural in those clothes.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

I can't believe you posted this and then didn't add, e.g.,

e: or

Best comic? Best comic.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 13, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

"It's hitting me. It's hitting me. It's hitting me. It's hitting me, dammit!"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Jojo is so good

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 13, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

When it comes to out of context images, this is the best page to show someone.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Part 6 is really good

this is literally the only time something bizarre happened in JoJo and a character showed the slightest bit of bafflement or confusion.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 13, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Miami Dolphins for EoH DLC.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoANAyL1wQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

this is literally the only time something bizarre happened in JoJo and a character showed the slightest bit of bafflement or confusion.

I hate myself