Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ohhhhhh noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I don’t get it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I don’t get it?

Big rear end tiddies?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I don’t get it?

Nancy was having an affair with John Redcorn

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you broke my grill posted:

GOOD GOD

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They had a storybook marriage...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

you broke my grill posted:

What?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN??!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Well I am shocked I mean I am shocked

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Nancy really became a much more interesting character after she stopped the affair.

I've been going through the series again in a random order, and Nancy episodes have kinda become some of my favorites? I started on the first few by happenstance and then I started to actively seek them out. Even as down as I am about S10-13, the one where she goes to Dallas is strong as hell.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Well I am shocked I mean I am shocked

Ja-HHHOn Redcorn.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
puh-heeeeggy hill

naem
May 29, 2011

that’s MY purse, ah don’t KNOW y-eeeeehew

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this! posted:

They had a storybook marriage...

Fairybook

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is fairybook a Texas thing or just a general southern thing? I've never heard it in the deep south while other poo poo you'll read in cormac mccarthy novels will pop up on rare occasion. KotH is the only other place ive heard fairybook though

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I always assumed it was just Bill being an idiot or maybe stumbling over his words in panic

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I've lived in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Texas and never have I heard "fairybook".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Definitely just Bill being Bill.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Born in Texas, raised in Arizona and I've never heard "fairybook" but it sounds like southern nonsense.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
https://twitter.com/chrisgayomali/status/1245738538412408833?s=08

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

:yeshaha:

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Mostly just mike judge pushing any cringy liberal bullshit like the idea that there are people who panhandle that dont actually need to panhandle, or like, really any of the rare political "middleground" statements the show ever made.
It's still aged better than every other animated show of its era.

Too scared to revisit the chris rock episode.

This made me wonder: Has anyone watched The Goode Family recently? If people don't remember what that is, it was King of the Hill, but with "liberal" characters. It was made by Mike Judge, but only has a single season, and I remember it being pretty bad. The whole series is on YouTube if someone actually wants to watch it, though I tried one episode and gave up about 5 minutes in.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's thirteen straight episodes of a universe where everyone is Bobby's social worker from the pilot.

Also the art style is unbearable

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The goode family wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Hey there Jesus Boomhauer.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hwut.

naem
May 29, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

There's at least one or two instances where Bobby joins a team and Hank remarks, "Wow, my boy is finally joining a team." Which is kinda weird when every few episodes starts with Bobby embarrassing Hank on the baseball/football team.

*Simpsons nerd voice* Hopefully someone got fired for that blunder.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I think it's more like, my son was finally accepted to an exclusive team

Rather than the "everybody plays" ones he's already forced to do by Hank

I think about hank a lot

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chromium Picolinate. Every orifice, every day.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hank is an interesting character because he wants to be a traditional meat and potato’s by the book old fashioned everyman, but his father is such a flaming example of toxic masculinity that he can’t rely entirely on the culture and values he was raised with.

So he has to reinvent what it means to be a man and good father, to avoid his own dad’s negative example. This is especially hard for him because one of the defining traits of a traditionalist good ole boy is not being self aware, forcing him to explain thing verbally that he feels ought to be obvious.

When he sees bobby behaving in ways he might not consider traditional or masculine enough, he can’t quite bring himself to correct the behavior because his own dad set such a horrible example. When he does explain “how things ought to be” especially to bobby, he often realizes that what he is saying doesn’t make as much sense as he’d like and is forced to question his own beliefs.

On the surface he is an unflappable all american man’s man- especially around his bumbling friends- but then his desire to grow beyond that for his own kid forces him to a painful kind of self awareness at all times, explaining the perpetual slightly pained expression:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Im clicking buy and nothing's happening help

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hank and uncle rico are one haircut; separated

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

JfishPirate posted:

This made me wonder: Has anyone watched The Goode Family recently? If people don't remember what that is, it was King of the Hill, but with "liberal" characters. It was made by Mike Judge, but only has a single season, and I remember it being pretty bad. The whole series is on YouTube if someone actually wants to watch it, though I tried one episode and gave up about 5 minutes in.

I thought the Goode Family was OK, but it had nowhere to go story wise. The characters were too one denominational to stretch into a long running series. They would've worked better as the crazy neighbors next door rather than the stars of the their own series. To make the serise last longer they needed to get rid of any redeeming qualities Mr. Goode had, and made him a shallow disconnected ultra rich "Hollywood liberal" who was just going through the motions to get good media buzz. Basically he should have been a reflection of all the clueless celebrities who were "helping" us common people during this pandemic by singing Imagine with no sense of irony.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can only do so many jokes about a vegan dog.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I thought we agreed to never discuss the horrors we saw on the killing fields of the Fun Center.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I just gotta say, for how many episodes were just thinly veiled excuses for Mike Judge to go on a weird conservative political tirade, I really appreciate how pro-LGBT he was. (Dale's dad, the drag queen episode, etc.)

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Where and how much

https://www.lookhuman.com/design/373254-i-just-want-a-picture-of-a-got-dang-hot-dog/mug15oz-whi-one_size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I just gotta say, for how many episodes were just thinly veiled excuses for Mike Judge to go on a weird conservative political tirade, I really appreciate how pro-LGBT he was. (Dale's dad, the drag queen episode, etc.)

Definitely pro-LGB, sketchy on the T when Bobby calls someone "shhim."