Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminds me of the Star Wars Battlefront things where you could sometimes get to play as Luke, Leia, Han or Vader for a bit. It's a fun way to have big multiplayer power-ups in franchises, but tricky to do well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Arkham Origins multiplayer was extremely cool and good - 2 teams of 4, Joker vs Bane's gang, and a Batman & Robin team. Gangs win by killing the other gang enough times, Batman & Robin win through getting a certain number of takedowns. Each team had unique gadgets and opportunity to get a super mode where Bane or Joker knock on a door and if you answer it you can play as them.

It was just really fun and unique, I miss it

There is (or was) some good fan servers for this. I played a few games back in 2021.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Let It Die just fuckin quoted Tenacious D at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2AzYvoPkg&t=83s

Suda51 just rules man. This game oozes many things but especially charm.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CJacobs posted:

Let It Die just fuckin quoted Tenacious D at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2AzYvoPkg&t=83s

Suda51 just rules man. This game oozes many things but especially charm.

I really liked Let it Die. It's janky, unbalanced, often frustrating, the multiplayer is dumb, and I only got about halfway to the second boss I think, but I enjoyed running through the tower, interacting with the weird poo poo and getting my guys incrementally stronger. It's also free which certainly helped in my decision to play it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Something I only recently noticed after like a million hours in BG3: When your party is in Grymforge, everybody is caked in a thick layer of sweat as you're standing right next to some huge molten lava pits. Except for Karlach, the big demon lady with an infernal engine for a heart, who always has perfectly clear skin.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For all the poo poo I give Warcraft in general and WoW in particular, I will always appreciate that when they made a new design for night elf NPC troopers going back to their bikini look from WC3, they decided to keep the design just as skimpy on the male NPCs.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah but they don't let you equip it on your characters for some reason

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cythereal posted:

For all the poo poo I give Warcraft in general and WoW in particular, I will always appreciate that when they made a new design for night elf NPC troopers going back to their bikini look from WC3, they decided to keep the design just as skimpy on the male NPCs.

I appreciate that but I also don't really see male skimpy the same as female skimpy. Like to be equivalent there should be cheeks or bulge showing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminds me of the Star Wars Battlefront things where you could sometimes get to play as Luke, Leia, Han or Vader for a bit. It's a fun way to have big multiplayer power-ups in franchises, but tricky to do well.

so tricky no one's done it well since, not even the remake. some of my fondest memories of playing games with my boys back in the day are from BF2 Heroes v Villains on Mos Eisley. Sure on paper Darth Maul seems like he would mulch Han Solo but no one ever sees the satchel charges until it's too late.......

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lobok posted:

I appreciate that but I also don't really see male skimpy the same as female skimpy. Like to be equivalent there should be cheeks or bulge showing.

Yeah. It doesn't even go nearly as far either - look at how much more covering the rear skirt-thing on the dude is vs the basically miniskirt on the girl variant.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

ishikabibble posted:

Yeah. It doesn't even go nearly as far either - look at how much more covering the rear skirt-thing on the dude is vs the basically miniskirt on the girl variant.

He needs that extra length to hide his extra length if you know what I mean

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Philippe posted:

Do you want BT bacteria? Because that's how you get BT bacteria.

Constant omnipresent sounds like popcorn popping as bacteria get sucked up by BTs and explode. Would certainly make the constant conversations funnier if they had to be shouted over that background noise.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

this is a really random question but did that surge 2 lp ever finish? i can't find the thread

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Started playing Jusant on steam, it's a rather charming climbing simulator where you are a girl climbing a huge naturally occurring spire that once acted as the last bastion of civilisation as the seas receded permanently. It's got some fun mechanical things and is very satisfying to figure out how to get up each segment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ilmucche posted:

this is a really random question but did that surge 2 lp ever finish? i can't find the thread

It didn't, sorry. But thanks for asking. I got hit by mad anxiety and preferred to step away from it. It was wonderful to do those videos with the fellas from Deck 13 though.

Maybe someday, because The Surge 2 is a fantastic game for sure!

edit: Hey here's a little thing that's cool from it! On the box art this boss fight enemy has four legs. But in the game if you look close you can see that one got chopped off between then and your ill-fated meeting.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jan 26, 2024

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Not really a 'little thing' but this thread has become the general 'things I appreciate specifically in games' place, right?

I did a post in the other thread about things dragging it down, but goddamn TotK has a lot going for it compared to its predecessor. The main abilities you get are much more clear and functional generally and used better in the world but I'm guessing I'm about a third or halfway through the game, having just done the third main problem (Zora) and so far, all the temples and boss fights have been an utter delight. Where in BotW I would get stuck on finicky poo poo and the area's gimmicks could be a drag so far it's been smooth sailing. The puzzles have been engaging and provided a challenge without being too difficult and the boss fights have been a blast. Just amazingly fun, with each of them using their person of interest's abilities and the area's focus in a challenging but fair way to make the fight interesting.

The design overall is so much better. You can really tell that they did their best to make things more enjoyable compared to BotW and I appreciate that.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Jagged Alliance 3: Me and my brother were playing co-op (very fun btw) and decided to hijack a diamond shipment south of Fleatown. Easy fight, whatever, but we didn't realize until it was over that since we crossed a river, we couldn't go back until we captured the port on the other side. No big deal, it's still pretty early on so we'll just take this small-ish town. In the first urban sector, we come across a foul-mouthed grumpy granny who turns out has a quest for us: Get The Gang Back Together. This entails going around the town and talking to half a dozen old ladies, each with a different stat check. We pass them all and then learn that there's gonna be a counterattack in a few days. Whatever, we'll rest, train up some militia, it'll be fine.

On the night of the counterattack, it turns out to be pretty big (16 or so), but since we recruited all the old ladies, they're fighting alongside us as NPCs! Also, it turns out they are out for blood. Their AI is super aggressive, with most of the group advancing while popping off shots whenever possible. One of them was apparently armed with nothing but a machete, so she charges full throttle at bad guy after bad guy, which included zipping across a one tile wide bridge. Granny Machete ended the fight with five kills.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Getting the granny killsquad back together was one of the best sidequests in the game, yeah. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In Dead Space 2, there are fragile windows you can bust to decompress the room either on purpose or with poor aim. Guess who just learned what happens when you kebab an enemy through one

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoliteEncouragingGooseCmonBruh-zTz-mso0wayvg94d

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CJacobs posted:

In Dead Space 2, there are fragile windows you can bust to decompress the room either on purpose or with poor aim. Guess who just learned what happens when you kebab an enemy through one

Lol, I hadn't seen that version before, but the windows are fun in general. More games need to be set in space with some tactical implementation of pressurization.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

CJacobs posted:

the impaled enemy should really stick to the glass for a beat before it fails

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Ngl, I was hoping for them to get Alien Resurrection'd.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
In Star Wars Jedi Survivor, if you're using the two-handed Crossguard stance and attack while sprinting, Cal will do a huge dropkick. If you do this and your Cal is customized to have a mullet, you get an achievement called Road House. :lol:

TheOneAndOnlyT has a new favorite as of 10:22 on Jan 29, 2024

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I really like the Sujimon side game in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth because of how integrated it is with the rest of the game. One of my biggest issues with the manager game in Yakuza:LAD was that you basically stay in a building and click through menus, so it's a question of how long you want to stay in this building to beat this game. With Sujimon, you're running around, finding trainers or raid points as you run around the city, which means it's not something that you just have to take a detour from the main game to play, it runs in parallel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Morpheus posted:

I really like the Sujimon side game in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth because of how integrated it is with the rest of the game. One of my biggest issues with the manager game in Yakuza:LAD was that you basically stay in a building and click through menus, so it's a question of how long you want to stay in this building to beat this game. With Sujimon, you're running around, finding trainers or raid points as you run around the city, which means it's not something that you just have to take a detour from the main game to play, it runs in parallel.

I definitely wish I could get back the time I spent on LAD's building management mini-game.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The business minigame from LAD was piss easy. You could beat it in a single sitting without needing to recruit anyone through a sidequest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The business minigame from LAD was piss easy. You could beat it in a single sitting without needing to recruit anyone through a sidequest.

Can you recruit a chicken?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The chicken comes with the business. It's best to leave it as the manager of the cracker shop you start with, because you can't sell that place.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Beating it is one thing, but it was the best source of cash for me so I replayed the endgame rounds many times after that to fund my addiction to elemental baseball bats and such.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

John Murdoch posted:

Ngl, I was hoping for them to get Alien Resurrection'd.

Same.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
So I've been playing Marvel's Midnight Suns and it's actually great. A bunch of the heroes live with your player character in what is essentially a magical summer camp and you can buy them just chill around clothes that they can change daily. Some of them also form clubs that have related clothes you can get for them.
Few things bring me greater joy than making sure everyone is wearing their club shirts on club activities night and the fact that those characters will comment on you wearing them all the sweeter.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Morpheus posted:

I want a full Sujimon game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just realized that Yakuza: Infinite Wealth is also available on PS4 so I'm definitely going to snap up everything from Isshin now.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In Star Wars Jedi Survivor, if you're using the two-handed Crossguard stance and attack while sprinting, Cal will do a huge dropkick. If you do this and your Cal is customized to have a mullet, you get an achievement called Road House. :lol:

How does the crossguard stance play compared to the others? I wasn't super planning on picking up the game but those lightsabers are cool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Do they go deep into the EU rear end lightsaber styles, too?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Philippe posted:

Interesting, I guess double bladed is right out tho.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Philippe posted:

KOTOR II did that if I remember right. Like all sorts of weird stances for small bonuses that were straight out of EU novels.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ugly In The Morning posted:

KOTOR II did that if I remember right. Like all sorts of weird stances for small bonuses that were straight out of EU novels.

Yeah there were like seven different forms or some poo poo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Based on 70s fight choreography! You love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was very cool to play Jedi Survivor right after having played Sekiro and recognizing some of the moves. Cal can pull off one hell of an ichimonji!