Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I would be all over Rage 2 even if it seems super unlikely. No idea what makes that image a possible teaser for it though? What do pink smears have to do with Rage?

Current id could totally make a good rage in the way that doom3 id could not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rage 1 owned. I will defend that game to the end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would love if id just started rebooting all their IPs as amazing shooters a la Wolf and DOOM

Quake plz

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would love if id just started rebooting all their IPs as amazing shooters a la Wolf and DOOM

Quake plz

Champions just came out and was not embraced

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Champions just came out and was not embraced

Doesn’t look like a big budget game though, it’s only €5 on steam here.

Also... PC only :argh:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rolo posted:

Hey a quick easy one for you guys. Both of my controllers (2 years old) are having trouble charging unless they lay just right with the cable in he right spot. Unless there’s an easy fix for the controllers, I’m going to replace them AND the cables. So my questions are:

-What’s a good fitting, tight, cheap cable I can get on monoprice or something? My crappy cables fit loosely and I think they were the problem. When I set the controllers down with the cable in, the weight is probably being transferred to the pins.

-Can I fix my controllers by bending the charging port back where it needs to be? No huge issue regardless, these guys are 2 years old and I feel like their battery life is dwindling.

Sort of bumping myself here because I got buried immediately by lootbox chat.

My biggest goal is to at least find a cable that fits snug without a ton of play, I think that’s killing my charging ports. Anyone with recommendations has my thanks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quake plz

Commander Keen

Rippin' and tearin' aliens in first person with those small hands.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Friends I promise I will get to Yakuza 6 sometime. I am half way through Yakuza 0.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah pc only because "the game we envision would never work on console, 120fps for the hardcore oldschool gamerz"

*releases a bad hero shooter*

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

beep by grandpa posted:

Bombadilillo can I peek at his spoiler? I want to but idk what game it involves or if it's a joke or what. it's probably a joke. I should look at it.

Yes, cause not game related but dont bother because it isn't funny.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Remember when they were trying to sell DOOM on its multiplayer until like a week before release.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Remember when they were trying to sell DOOM on its multiplayer until like a week before release.
They had taken out their brain brain and put in their stupid brain for that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is anyone else excited for the new ZOE 4k game? It's my fav game of all time and they're releasing it for my birthday which is nice of them :unsmith:

This game is so fuckin pretty and I can't wait. Only thing is they "remastered" all of the sound for it and I really really really do not like what they did to my man Anubis' teleportation sound. Back in 2003 it sounded loud, terrifying and intimidating. Now it sounds like a fart you'd hear on Family Guy. I hope I can return original audio to it cause this might be a deal breaker for me :(

(Timestamps included)
Compare the OG edition (HD edition but same sound):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-EJoCLkkqc&t=1649s

4K VR edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ingxee5RowU&t=245s

:barf:

I'm a big nerd about this cause it's my favorite game and I love it like it is my own chickling and I just want the best for it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yeah, I was shocked when good reviews came out cause I had written the game off.

I've bought it twice now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm down for ZOE2 4K entirely for the VR campaign.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

I'm down for ZOE2 4K entirely for the VR campaign.
Is the whole game in VR or just some bullshit "experience"?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the whole game in VR or just some bullshit "experience"?

It's the entire game in VR cockpit mode.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I might have to get a 4k tv and a ps4 pro and a loving VR headset just to satisfy my Zone of the Enders boner. Is this what it means to have a Problem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I enjoyed Doom multiplayer. :( Original Doom multiplayer was a big part of a lot of peoples childhoods. Playing that game on a LAN was so much fun.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

It's the entire game in VR cockpit mode.
Wow, cockpit mode? How are you ever going to keep track of the enemies? They'll be buzzing around in and out of your view like gnats.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, cockpit mode? How are you ever going to keep track of the enemies? They'll be buzzing around in and out of your view like gnats.

And you will swat them as such :unsmigghh:.

I'm actually gonna get it on PC instead of PS4 just to play it in VR.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And you will swat them as such :unsmigghh:.
You must have had a lot more success swatting gnats than I ever have.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If any games needs a Doom 2016 makeover and release it's Hexen. Imagine how wild that poo poo could get.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Rage 1 owned. I will defend that game to the end.

:agreed:

95% of that game owned. Forever gently caress the five finger filet mini game and abrupt ending though

acksplode
May 17, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I might have to get a 4k tv and a ps4 pro and a loving VR headset just to satisfy my Zone of the Enders boner. Is this what it means to have a Problem.

PSVR is good! Do it!! Then you can play RE7 and Wipeout >:)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

PSVR is good! Do it!! Then you can play RE7 and Wipeout >:)
And Skyrim VR. And uhhh this, which I have played for an hour or two now and still have no idea what the holy gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4y1a7svTk

edit: and Bridge Crew is getting a TNG DLC at the end of this month, but I'm told that game has a non-VR mode now?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 11, 2018

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I enjoyed Doom multiplayer. :( Original Doom multiplayer was a big part of a lot of peoples childhoods. Playing that game on a LAN was so much fun.

That’s a weird way to spell Quake.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994687018733977600?s=20

Now I'm only 90% convinced it's Rage 2 and not Starfield

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't remember a whole lot of pink in Rage

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

homeless snail posted:

I don't remember a whole lot of pink in Rage

Nor do I. I remember it being just 1000 different shades of brown. The neon pink thing started with this tweet though:

https://twitter.com/RAGEgame/status/994281030667440148?s=19

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

And Skyrim VR. And uhhh this, which I have played for an hour or two now and still have no idea what the holy gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4y1a7svTk

edit: and Bridge Crew is getting a TNG DLC at the end of this month, but I'm told that game has a non-VR mode now?

I wanna know more about Kowloon's Gate. It was kickstarted and it looks so bizarre but I don't think it'll ever come stateside.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AutomaticPrince posted:

I remember it being just 1000 different shades of brown.

The worst spinoff series :laugh:

revolther
May 27, 2008
God of War was a masterful reuse of assets and gameplay elements. I really was like near halfway through before I realized the progression was just GoW3 in reverse.

Fun for a play through, entirely glad I redbox'd it for 13 bucks. Kinda feel like we've seen all of Santa Monica's tricks. But boy them graphics.

I'll 100% the inevitable PS plus freebie or sale in a year or two. Nothing great, definitely not 10/10, game had like 1 boss fight in the clunky dumb story.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

JBP posted:

If any games needs a Doom 2016 makeover and release it's Hexen. Imagine how wild that poo poo could get.

I’d love Unreal Tournament making a comeback as well.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

I wanna know more about Kowloon's Gate. It was kickstarted and it looks so bizarre but I don't think it'll ever come stateside.
I wish I could tell you more but all I know is you consume shelled shrimp (the fact that they are shelled is important I guess) to take psychic photographs of people.

Also, it's the only VR game I have that requires that you turn the VR headset on and off regularly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ZOE VR is either going to the greatest thing ever or total crap. I don't think there is going to be any middle ground.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

ZOE VR is either going to the greatest thing ever or total crap. I don't think there is going to be any middle ground.
If it does work out that means they should just open the floodgates on VR versions of PS2 games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

It's 4kHD ZoE2 with a VR control option. Relatively speaking, that's not hard to get right compared to a whole new game so I'm cautiously excited.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

If it does work out that means they should just open the floodgates on VR versions of PS2 games.

VR MGS3 thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought Wipeout was gonna be way too much for VR and it turned out to be one of the coolest game experiences I've ever had that I've dumped easily 40 hours into, and I'm still playing it. SO I'm cautiously optimistic about ZOE.

Samurai Sanders posted:

:agreed: