Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't give a drat what day of the week it is give me money i'll put deliciousness in your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

So of I open a TacoHut analog in Norway (serving good tacos and pizza) will I become a Norwegian millionaire?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

At that point why not go full KenTacoHut

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

So of I open a TacoHut analog in Norway (serving good tacos and pizza) will I become a Norwegian millionaire?

Well, at least you'd have no competition because other than lovely pizza chains, nothing like that exists here and in fact fast food and order food in general is loving awful here.

We don't even have loving Subway. Well, we have like two. And like four Starbucks. In the country. Total.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Nice piece of fish posted:

We don't even have loving Subway. Well, we have like two. And like four Starbucks. In the country. Total.

The horror

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder what it would cost to ship the truck overseas. I expect it might cost close to $10k. Figure if i could raise 100k it would fund me, one employee, and either shipping the truck or buying/leasing a place and equipment there plus pay while getting set up would probably cover everything.

Then again i don't know how difficult it would be to get visas/etc so i don't have that calculated into cost.

If the truck fits in a container you can get it to Europe for waaaay less than that.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

FrozenVent posted:

If the truck fits in a container you can get it to Europe for waaaay less than that.

And then not be able to drive it out of the port because it doesn’t meet emission standards.

How much does it cost to make a truck a taco truck?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
But it's stir fryday!

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Gonna make that carnitas recipe this weekend with whatever garbage version of the ingredients i can find at the general store up here in the middle of loving nowhere. Thanks for listening.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

And then not be able to drive it out of the port because it doesn’t meet emission standards.

I don't know how locally sourced prices would compare, so i'm erring on the side of expensive.

I could build what i have right now in a 10x20 shed with a few extra things i'm missing for around 30-40k on the high end. Brand new trailers run 40-60k and full up trucks between 60-80k new.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

Look at you "thinking like a lawyer".

Cut off the "truck" parts, stick the "taco" part on a European flatbed, ta-da, locally compliant taco truck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You saying an 84 6.7L diesel V8 chevy van isn't up to euro standards?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 13, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Any meat can be used for tacos. Corn meal/flour for tortillas can last relatively indefinitely. Might have to get some enterprising greenhouse to grow fresh cilantro, peppers, etc but not impossible to do.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Any meat can be used for tacos. Corn meal/flour for tortillas can last relatively indefinitely. Might have to get some enterprising greenhouse to grow fresh cilantro, peppers, etc but not impossible to do.

I found good avocados very hard to find in England (London). I'd imagine Norway would be even harder.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Uh, a land without cados is no land for me. Pass.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Imagine eating European avocados. $10 a piece and hard as a rock, probably.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

nm posted:

I found good avocados very hard to find in England (London). I'd imagine Norway would be even harder.

Oh i don't even think of avocados often because i rarely make quac. You might call that heresy, but it's the lowest selling add on by an order of magnitude. I'll get one person a week that asks for guac, so i don't bother making it as most goes to waste.

And i make a killer guacamole, but no one in north florida gives a gently caress. Also isn't necessary for tacos.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
As you may probably imagine, here in the land of bears and dashcams I struggle to find any avocados. So far I've only found them in one place, so I literally have no way of knowing a good one from a bad one (I can safely assume that the ones I know are bad)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

Well, at least you'd have no competition because other than lovely pizza chains, nothing like that exists here and in fact fast food and order food in general is loving awful here.

Good hotdogs though. I miss the little shack on Sannergata with the polse med lomper.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh i don't even think of avocados often because i rarely make quac. You might call that heresy, but it's the lowest selling add on by an order of magnitude. I'll get one person a week that asks for guac, so i don't bother making it as most goes to waste.

And i make a killer guacamole, but no one in north florida gives a gently caress. Also isn't necessary for tacos.

Mr. Nice! posted:

What about dried reconstituted peppers you could easily import? These people don’t know what they’re missing so you could cheat some.

Not sure why I quoted two posts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I mean i can make things taste right with nothing more than dried spices, but if you want poo poo done right you need veggies. A once a week taco stand could easily be supported by a small greenhouse or hydroponic setup.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean i can make things taste right with nothing more than dried spices, but if you want poo poo done right you need veggies. A once a week taco stand could easily be supported by a small greenhouse or hydroponic setup.

Plus, the taco stand owners will get an intimate understanding of the 4th Amendment when the cops bust down the door to their hydro operation and seize the plants as evidence!

‘We’ll never be the same’: How a hydroponic tomato garden inspired cops to raid a family’s home

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GamingHyena posted:

Plus, the taco stand owners will get an intimate understanding of the 4th Amendment when the cops bust down the door to their hydro operation and seize the plants as evidence!

‘We’ll never be the same’: How a hydroponic tomato garden inspired cops to raid a family’s home

I'm assuming that I'd use an actual greenhouse in scandinavia and also that their police don't have a hardon for destroying people's homes looking for devil weed.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm assuming that I'd use an actual greenhouse in scandinavia and also that their police don't have a hardon for destroying people's homes looking for devil weed.

I'm sorry, I see your words implying a police force that doesn't brutalize the populace but just can't visualize what that would look like.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Florida is the devil.

Cliantro was easy in england, they just call it "coriander." Peppers didn't seem that hard.

Deviantfish
Jun 25, 2006

P L E A S E
D O N ' T
Grimey Drawer
I'm one of those degenerates from the residency thread who lurks here, but I saw this at court today and wondered if Mr. Nice had expanded his taco business.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Can't wait for John's Grisham's next book, The Taco Lawyer.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

FrozenVent posted:

Can't wait for John's Grisham's next book, The Taco Lawyer.

Just as soon as he finishes "How to Destroy your Career"

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Deviantfish posted:

I'm one of those degenerates from the residency thread who lurks here, but I saw this at court today and wondered if Mr. Nice had expanded his taco business.

This is the most personal injury lawyer picture I've ever seen.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Go for the munchie synergy:

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Deviantfish posted:

What the hell is on top of this truck? I would assume they were solar panels based on their position but they don't look like them. I then assumed they were for airflow but that's also weird for a taco stand/mobile law office.

joat mon posted:

Go for the munchie synergy:

It will be a cold day in hell before Oklahoma ever legalizes :catdrugs:. The state just this July reduced your second possession of marijuana offense (of any amount) from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Also Life Tip #23: Don't hire a lawyer on your weed case based on an ad you see on the side of a VW bus, no matter how many marijuana leaves are painted on the hubcaps.

GamingHyena fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 28, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

It will be a cold day in hell before Oklahoma ever legalizes :catdrugs:. The state just this July reduced your second possession of marijuana offense (of any amount) from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Oklahoma reduced all drug possessions to misdemeanors, no matter the priors.
But possession with intent (which as a practical matter is in part amount based) and trafficking (which is solely amount based) are still felonies. Possession within 2000 feet of a school is also a felony.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

joat mon posted:

Oklahoma reduced all drug possessions to misdemeanors, no matter the priors.
But possession with intent (which as a practical matter is in part amount based) and trafficking (which is solely amount based) are still felonies. Possession within 2000 feet of a school is also a felony.

Do they charge based on the pure amount of controlled substance or the amount plus adulterants or dilutants? In Texas, possession of marijuana (not in a drug free zone) less than 4 oz is a misdemeanor but possession of any amount of THC (excluding marijuana) is a felony. Plus, they will aggregate the weight of the controlled substance with the adulterants or dilutants. In other words, they'll weigh the edible and charge you as if you had that amount of pure THC, resulting in potential life sentences for a big enough brownie. Queue the endless parade of college kids who go up to Colorado for a long weekend and end up getting caught bringing back a felony's worth of fun back with them.

GamingHyena fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 28, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

Do they charge based on the pure amount of controlled substance or the amount plus adulterants or dilutants? In Texas, possession of marijuana (not in a drug free zone) less than 4 oz is a misdemeanor but possession of any amount of THC (excluding marijuana) is a felony. Plus, they will aggregate the weight of the controlled substance with the adulterants or dilutants. In other words, they'll weigh the edible and charge you as if you had that amount of pure THC, resulting in potential life sentences for a big enough brownie. Queue the endless parade of college kids who go up to Colorado for a long weekend and end up getting caught bringing back a felony's worth of fun back with them.

Adulterants count, except LSD, which is in dosage units.
MJ trafficking is 25 lbs, which is reasonable, others less so. Crack is the worst, only 5g gets you trafficking. LSD is 50 doses, Heroin 10g, Meth 20g, coke and PCP 28g.
For trafficking, coke, crack, LSD and heroin are 10-life, everything else is 4-life.
e: punishment for possession with intent to distribute/possession of more than personal use amounts are 5-life and 2-life respectively.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 28, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

GamingHyena posted:

What the hell is on top of this truck? I would assume they were solar panels based on their position but they don't look like them. I then assumed they were for airflow but that's also weird for a taco stand/mobile law office.

Also Life Tip #23: Don't hire a lawyer on your weed case based on an ad you see on the side of a VW bus, no matter how many marijuana leaves are painted on the hubcaps.

Honestly, "Sabah Khalaf" just sounds like another type of weed to me.

Also, hell, your drug laws are lax. Our felony possession starts at "above user dosage" which is like one gram. For pretty much anything. Though for weed it's actually like five grams.

Hilariously, while at law school one of the third years got nabbed for possession of synthetic derivative drugs (bath salts and poo poo I suppose) and tried to argue that since they weren't directly mentioned in the sub-statutes to the chapter of criminal statutes dealing with drug possession, they were de-facto legal. One, gently caress if that kind of argument was gonna stick regardless, two, they were mentioned (the list is gigantic). Man went away for a spell and I doubt he finished law schoool, but hey, at least he dropped out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Coke vs crack sentencing guidelines are the most blatant example of classism and racism in the criminal justice system if the USA.

Crack of the same mass quantity as powder cocaine is going to necessarily have less of the active drug (cocaine) in it since it is cut with stuff to make it easier to smoke.

Crack prison sentencing guidelines across the nation are harsher than powder cocaine.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
About to finish up my first semester at CU Law, this poo poo is good so far aside from my back-end concerns for once I graduate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I almost feel responsible for milgoons going to law school, but at least i know you're on gi bill/voc rehab instead of mortgaging your house to go to duquense or whatever.

How does CU rank? How's the grass in colorado? Also why the gently caress are you in law school?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

joat mon posted:

Adulterants count, except LSD, which is in dosage units.
MJ trafficking is 25 lbs, which is reasonable, others less so. Crack is the worst, only 5g gets you trafficking. LSD is 50 doses, Heroin 10g, Meth 20g, coke and PCP 28g.
For trafficking, coke, crack, LSD and heroin are 10-life, everything else is 4-life.
e: punishment for possession with intent to distribute/possession of more than personal use amounts are 5-life and 2-life respectively.

I've seen people use 2-3 grams of crack daily. Kinda wild that having two days of your addiction can land you felony trafficking charges. Heroin is also pretty low compared to cocaine, LSD, and PCP