Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"What have the 4 pillars been up to since their world title match?" is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I was in the front row of a show a couple weeks back and I still had my walking boot and crutches.

I ate a suicide dive from two wrestlers. No one next to me or behind me was affect just little ol injured me.

It was great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

"What have the 4 pillars been up to since their world title match?" is killing me.

I dunno, you never hear about Jack Perry any more

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I like including El Hijo De Vikingo in there, a guy who's not actually signed to AEW and had only popped in for some cool matches

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ricky Starks sure isn't doing anything. And Takeshita and Hobbs? Pffft, what are they doing?

I would have been willing to say Garcia and Wardlow were being underutilized, but this past week literally brought back Wardlow and they pushed forward with Garcia starting to break out on his own. Amazing timing.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Bandido too, who's been injured for months

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/I_Am_BS03/status/1711401391334498493

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I Am BS

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ah yes, super dope young star EC3, at the youthful age of *checks notes* 40

e: tbh I wouldn't be surprised if that tweet was sarcastic but Poe's Law is a bitch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1711424880447574304

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lol at Leslie being tormented by another person's enemies.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pylons posted:

haven't seen any of them on raw or smackdown since. buried for sure

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I assume Leslie means GLEAT was "safe" from AEW, but who exactly "told" him that? StrongHearts showed up multiple times in AEW's first year.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lol at Leslie being tormented by another person's enemies.

"The gall of Colt to share a bank account with his mother." - Leslie, long COVID sufferer, probably.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

little munchkin posted:

haven't seen any of them on raw or smackdown since. buried for sure

whatever happened to that guy Jack Perry, seems like he just dropped off the face of the earth, very strange booking

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Pylons posted:

That thread was ridiculous. The whole thing could have qualified to be posted here.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

same bloke

Cult of Pies fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 10, 2023

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
(Brodie Lee)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

CM Punk has nightmarish flashbacks every time he hears "Carry on my Wayward Son" and only the WWE can help him work through this. The Usos have generously offered to retire the superkick for the time being.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There has been a strict ban put in place on the phrase "Cry me a river". Violators of this ban will be summarily executed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I will not in fact be watching both shows tonight

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

no

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

There's a lot going on here but I think "NXT as an independent brand is worth 1 billion dollars" is my favorite part.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

"...and the structures in place where minimal with on screen talent not even being shown to do basic spots that they where scheduled to do that night."
what does this mean? Shouldn't on screen talent (which I guess means wrestlers) know how to do basic spots? Or are they talking about celebrity appearances in which case, what are they talking about?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

mine is the idea to set up two different tvs in my living room

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Squishy posted:

"...and the structures in place where minimal with on screen talent not even being shown to do basic spots that they where scheduled to do that night."
what does this mean? Shouldn't on screen talent (which I guess means wrestlers) know how to do basic spots? Or are they talking about celebrity appearances in which case, what are they talking about?

I think it's a very tortured phrasing of the WWE stan complaint that no one in AEW "knows how to work."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

There was a tweet I saw ages ago from some guy who was telling people to turn on all the TVs at airports and hospitals and stuff to "help get WWE's ratings up even higher". I still don't know if it was satire or not, but I hope he's got at least 2 TVs set up in his living room for tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't the only ratings that count nielson households? If I turned on all the televisions in a bowling ally would it affect the ratings at all?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't the only ratings that count nielson households? If I turned on all the televisions in a bowling ally would it affect the ratings at all?

Correct. Only Nielsen houses affect ratings. Number of total random TVs tuned into any given show doesn't matter

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

mine is the idea to set up two different tvs in my living room

I know lots of sports fans who do this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AaronWrotkowski/status/1711724428441063815

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
nadine, nadine, nadine, nadine
i'm begging you please don't defend mcmahon
please don't defend him for the pepsi man

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think Jade talked about one time she was supposed to hit someone with a chair and she didn't know how because she had never done it before, and no one was willing to show her how to do it except for like CM Punk eventually.

This is literally the only thing I can think of off the top of my head they could be referring to.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i'm begging you please don't defend mcmahon
please don't defend him for the pepsi man
It doesn't look like that's what's going on there. They're instead engaging in some weird logic of treating Vince McMahon like a spree shooter, where saying his name or giving any attention is exactly what he wants because covering the hosed up poo poo he's done just feeds into his Mr.
McMahon character.

Of course you pretty much have to pretend that recent stuff instead of almost losing him everything was met with him strutting to the ring and proclaiming the new stipulation to keep a strap in WWE is hot tub time with Mr. McMahon.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

"Most talent leaves after their segments"

Buddy I watch BTE, I've seen Best Friends and Kip Sabian throwing ketchup packets around at 1 am while the Elite and Dark Order make dick jokes and Cutler and Cabana interview delirious fans wandering around the concourse.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1711780046627885413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The more he posts, the more I think Tony has a SA account