Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Liar Lyre posted:

I want to watch a PPV on the Network. A bad one. Not just boring bad, I want something that is hilariously "what the gently caress did I just watch" bad. Suggestions?
Halloween Havoc and The Great American Bash of the foul year of our lord 1991 are full of WrestleCrap. Although HH has a sweet little Heyman angle, so that may throw off the bad theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Halloween Havoc 1990 is pretty amazing too.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

From how many wrestlers has Hulk Hogan not gotten his win back, starting from his title win against Sheik? I know he wanted to get Yokozuna into WCW to do so but it never happened.

How many tag teams/stables have had ALL their members go on to success after a breakup? Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns are all on their way up but Marty Jannetty ended up a big nothing, Stevie Ray sucked and retired, etc. I wasn't watching at the time so I don't know how the various members of DX fared after they fell apart.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

From how many wrestlers has Hulk Hogan not gotten his win back, starting from his title win against Sheik? I know he wanted to get Yokozuna into WCW to do so but it never happened.

How many tag teams/stables have had ALL their members go on to success after a breakup? Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns are all on their way up but Marty Jannetty ended up a big nothing, Stevie Ray sucked and retired, etc. I wasn't watching at the time so I don't know how the various members of DX fared after they fell apart.

I'd say Chyna's the only flameout out of DX, and she was basically their Cappadonna anyway. HHH and HBK obviously went on to success, and the NAO did well enough for themselves. X-Pac's X-Pac.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Hogan never got wins back against Angle or Lesnar. I don't think he ever did beat Goldberg either. Ray Rougeau might have a win too.

The Hardys were both successful in singles, as were Edge and Christian. Evolution was probably the most successful stable ever.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
think yer being a bit harsh on Chyna there tbf

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Hogan never got wins back against Angle or Lesnar. I don't think he ever did beat Goldberg either. Ray Rougeau might have a win too.

The Hardys were both successful in singles, as were Edge and Christian. Evolution was probably the most successful stable ever.

That was Jacques Rougeau I believe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wrestlemania 9 is also a contender for top comically bad PPVs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Uncensored 95 or 96.

97 is a good show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

That's really not even that funny though. It's just bad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Believe the hype. New Blood Rising is almost unredeemable.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

If you're a member of the Cenation, why wouldn't you just chant "Cena, Cena, Cena" instead of repeatedly going "Let's go Cena Insert retort here"

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

keithy george posted:

If you're a member of the Cenation, why wouldn't you just chant "Cena, Cena, Cena" instead of repeatedly going "Let's go Cena Insert retort here"

They'll just chant "sucks" after his name.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

sticklefifer posted:

9 had a cool motif and some high points, but the ending. Goodness.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Where does the word jabroni come from? I know what it means, I use it but I have no idea where it comes from.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Smoking Crow posted:

Where does the word jabroni come from? I know what it means, I use it but I have no idea where it comes from.

It mutated out of "jobber".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Liar Lyre posted:

There was a period of time a few months ago in the Network thread where a bunch of us tried again and again to get through the whole show and kept failing.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say "almost"?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ZDar Fan posted:

Goldberg's not following the script!!!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

From his entire career:

Lex Luger: 4-5-1
Andre: 5-15-23
Sting: 0-12-3
The Rock: 0-2
Tony Atlas (house shows): 0-2

Lesnar, Vampiro, The Wall, Bill Goldberg, Mike Awesome, Jerry Lawler, and Tony Garea (house show): 0-1

Before he was Hulk Hogan, he was 0-1 against Austin Idol, Steve Kern, and Charlie Cook in singles.

I'm only including singles matches, or it would be too much to keep track of. (He never got his tag team win back from Jay Leno.) Singles matches don't tell the whole story, though, because Hogan was adept at technically putting guys over while making them look like poo poo the whole time.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Nthing WCW New Blood Rising 2000 because it really is the summary of everything that was wrong with Russo's WCW with terrible matches, stupid stipulations, "it's a shoot!", dead crowds, empty buildings and poor production values. WCW Souled Out 1997 was also mentioned before and I recommend it because if you want a show that's more strange than bad (it's certainly not a good show though) it's worth a watch because of how...unique it is, we'll never see a show like that again. The first 20-something minutes of the show are the nWo riding to the arena on garbage trucks, filmed in black-and-white, screaming "nWo for Lyfe!" the entire time.

Though you can honestly and literally pick any WCW PPV from Summer 1999 onwards until Starrcade 2000 (2001 WCW actually isn't too bad) and you'll have a bad time.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

There was that IYH show headlined by Diesel vs Bulldog where he slammed his headset down while muttering "horrible" after it went off the air.

Pulling this one from two pages back, but this was IYH8: Beware of Dog which was the IYH show where the power was cut from the building during a storm. Vince was legit pissed over that happening which probably overshadowed any typical mid 90s WWF crap that was going on in the ring. During the Biggest Blunder WWE Countdown episode, this show is on the list and you can tell Vince isn't too happy about recalling this fiasco.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Halloween Jack posted:

From his entire career:

Lesnar, Vampiro, The Wall, Bill Goldberg, Mike Awesome, Jerry Lawler, and Tony Garea (house show): 0-1

Before he was Hulk Hogan, he was 0-1 against Austin Idol, Steve Kern, and Charlie Cook in singles.

I'm only including singles matches, or it would be too much to keep track of. (He never got his tag team win back from Jay Leno.) Singles matches don't tell the whole story, though, because Hogan was adept at technically putting guys over while making them look like poo poo the whole time.

this is Win/Lose/DQDraw right?

Did those 23 Andre Draws come from House shows or something?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

They're probably double DQ's from various territories and WWE house shows.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ZDar Fan posted:

Opener was alright, albeit a little dumb. Main Event had too many ref bumps but I enjoyed it well enough. It was like a poop sandwich with stale bread.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

Yes.

It's mostly WWF, including house shows, and also some NJPW and a handful of territory matches.

Now I have a question of my own. I recall hearing that Hogan jobbed clean to Billy Kidman more than once during their feud...but I can't find any info on him ever losing a singles match to Kidman. There was the handicap match where he made Kidman and Awesome look like poo poo before jobbing clean, a three-way won by Horace Hogan, and then Hogan squashed him. Any truth at all to that claim that he lost to Kidman three weeks in a row?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 23, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero was my favorite match on a packed weekend of decent to great wrestling and MMA shows.

I've never watched a lot of lucha, but I love mask vs. mask apuestas matches and there was a couple things I was wondering about. While the big one this weekend felt more important than most of the ones I've seen, they've all followed the same basic formula. Whatever the alignments of the wrestlers who won and lost, both participants handle the affair with honor and mutual respect and the loser unmasks after a heartfelt speech.

Do victorious rudos ever gloat excessively about it and taunt the unmasking technico for losing and having an ugly face?

Has there ever been a rudo who was a chickenshit about it and had to be unmasked by force instead of doing it willingly?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 23, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Sandman? He also talked about Tod Gordon's penchant for leaving hookers he bought online in his apartment surrounded by a ring of baby powder so if they moved while he was gone he could beat them.

ECW was my favorite William S. Burroughs novel

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Thauros posted:

Has there ever been a rudo who was a chickenshit about it and had to be unmasked by force instead of doing it willingly?

Sin Cara Negro

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

From his entire career:

Wait..he's lost to Sting 12 times? Were 11 of those in TNA?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Thauros posted:

I know jack about Mexico, jack, but that was how it went when Sin Cara beat Sin Cara Negro.

e:f,b

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Wait..he's lost to Sting 12 times? Were 11 of those in TNA?

They wrestled pretty frequently in WCW. They had an early Nitro match people forget, then several from Starrcade 97 to Superbrawl including house shows. They also had two PPV matches in 99 as a part of Sting's ill conceived heel turn.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Konnan and Perro Aguayo did not have a respectful post-match dialogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibtcs2y_fAE

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Konnan is good sometimes. I don't think that was one of those times

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

Konnan is good sometimes. I don't think that was one of those times
You don't need to be a great wrestler if you come up with the idea for a fake little brother and it works perfectly.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Justin Godscock posted:

Pulling this one from two pages back, but this was IYH8: Beware of Dog which was the IYH show where the power was cut from the building during a storm. Vince was legit pissed over that happening which probably overshadowed any typical mid 90s WWF crap that was going on in the ring. During the Biggest Blunder WWE Countdown episode, this show is on the list and you can tell Vince isn't too happy about recalling this fiasco.

I checked out the Biggest WWE Blunder Countdown and found it amusing that half of them were either WCW or wrestlers who were more known for their career on WCW (Sid Vicious caught the brunt of it, goddamn). And IYH8: Beware of Dog made the list twice! The Dungeon of Doom should've been much higher, in my opinion.

I'd never heard of the Mike Adamle thing, though. Was that really such a big deal for people at the time? Seemed like a lot of WWE announcers over the years were guilty of the same things they buried him for.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

I checked out the Biggest WWE Blunder Countdown and found it amusing that half of them were either WCW or wrestlers who were more known for their career on WCW (Sid Vicious caught the brunt of it, goddamn). And IYH8: Beware of Dog made the list twice! The Dungeon of Doom should've been much higher, in my opinion.

I'd never heard of the Mike Adamle thing, though. Was that really such a big deal for people at the time? Seemed like a lot of WWE announcers over the years were guilty of the same things they buried him for.

Mike Adamle was considered half-amusing, half-annoying because he would always flub lines and say bizarre, dumb things. He only lasted all of about six months, and if the people whining about him then could see the future of the commentary team they would have cherished him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Mike Adamle was considered half-amusing, half-annoying because he would always flub lines and say bizarre, dumb things. He only lasted all of about six months, and if the people whining about him then could see the future of the commentary team they would have cherished him.

Of course because it's WWE they completely fail to consider how loving stupid they were to hire a guy who was completely unqualified and let him poo poo up their TV for months.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Memento posted:

Lots of straight-edge guys drink coffee, it's generally a philosophy about intoxicating drugs. And if you think he wasn't on prescribed painkillers when he literally fractured his skull, I dunno what to tell you.

I'm just being a pedant, I know, but I'm prescribed Dexedrine for AD/HD and it is plainly and clearly less intoxicating than a cup of coffee. If I am off of my medication and drink some coffee I get jittery, tense, immediately have to take a poo poo, and then I'm beat an hour later. If lots of straight edge guys drink coffee, lots of straight edge guys are hypocrites.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It mutated out of "jobber".

http://www.seslisozluk.net/fince/jaboney

"Jabroni" most likely mutated out of "Jaboney" which has been used in almost the exact context as "Jabroni" since the 30s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Also, WWE seemed to aggressively give him so much to do on TV like be the GM of Raw after announcing/commentating. It's telling when Vince and Steph trash Adamle to this day in a rare sign of "yeah, we hosed up, this is on us".