Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

those are some pretty great cattes

Berious posted:

Your pets look very cute and characterful, good job goon

Thanks! They're pretty alright, even if the cattes make me itchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chin posted:

I don't understand why Loiosh is remembered so fondly.

Despite his friendly demeanor he was first and foremost a massive equivocator. More often than not if someone had a reasonable point that conflicted with his reality he'd just dance around or outright ignore it.

I found this frustrating as well, and attempted to call him out on his walls of text and he got pretty offended by it. I think he is missed because even though he'd do that, he wouldn't pretend to be an expert like Octopode or just be a shithead like Karl. He didn't double down on his position, he just quietly slunk away.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

D_Smart posted:

We have long thought it to be bullshit. And Dec snafu once again lent some credence to that claim. And yes, once it all falls apart, stuff like this is going to come out.

I really think they have it tied into their page view counter.

Every time someone goes to the ships section of the store it just assumes that person wants to buy every one of those ships and adds that sum to the income counter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

What happened to the dude with the Samus avatars? I seem to remember somebody like that.

that is widestancer, she never played Archeage

she basically posted in the AA thread to mock the people defending the pedo

but she stopped posting for some reason

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
In case you guys weren't aware, the 24 client count in the latest PTU release, has been dropped back down to 16.

#notanmmo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://youtu.be/IehITxsK4Fs?t=71

Forgot about this where Sandi claimed to be in charge of everything. Then cried.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Anybody else get a beta key for Tom Clancy's The Division?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Major toms videos have the best commenters defending this shitshow, observe.

Thanks for your vids major tom.

That's on MY vid, you jerk :argh:

Pgabz makes great vids though

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

nVidia sent me one for some reason

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

nVidia sent me one for some reason

Yeah same here. I'm not terribly interested in it, but it could be fun to set up a goonsquad and gently caress around.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

In case you guys weren't aware, the 24 client count in the latest PTU release, has been dropped back down to 16.

#notanmmo

Pretty sure I play Battlefield that has 64 player counts. What are they getting so wrong?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

I don't understand why Loiosh is remembered so fondly.

Despite his friendly demeanor he was first and foremost a massive equivocator. More often than not if someone had a reasonable point that conflicted with his reality he'd just dance around or outright ignore it.

Look, in my experience with the alphas that I have played you're wrong and I'm right.

Eonwe posted:

that is widestancer, she never played Archeage

she basically posted in the AA thread to mock the people defending the pedo

but she stopped posting for some reason

Yeah, that one. Those were some sweet avs.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TTerrible posted:

I found this frustrating as well, and attempted to call him out on his walls of text and he got pretty offended by it. I think he is missed because even though he'd do that, he wouldn't pretend to be an expert like Octopode or just be a shithead like Karl. He didn't double down on his position, he just quietly slunk away.

The thing is that Loiosh was the most sanr Pro-SC person itt that regularly posted for a time. Sure he had some questionable opinions on progress and he was optimistic of SC releasing which is cool, but its not like he was a pedophile, an idiotic German auditor's not-wife, or an OPSEC janitor that cant even shitpost properly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Getting mine through steam, doesn't the PC beta start on the 29th?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Getting mine through steam, doesn't the PC beta start on the 29th?

28th I think. I don't know why I thought it started today. I guess because they emailed it to me today.

I haven't really been paying attention.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

We have long thought it to be bullshit. And Dec snafu once again lent some credence to that claim. And yes, once it all falls apart, stuff like this is going to come out.

Honestly, I agree with you guys and have had this thought for a while. Figures are probably inflated.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah same here. I'm not terribly interested in it, but it could be fun to set up a goonsquad and gently caress around.

same

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

"Star Citizen speaks to the pure essence of humanity and the purpose of human beings" - Sandi Gardiner

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sillybones posted:

Pretty sure I play Battlefield that has 64 player counts. What are they getting so wrong?
A 30 to 1 artist to programmer ratio?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sillybones posted:

DiCE spent the 90s making fun pinball and racing sims.
CRobber spent the 90s wanting to get into hollywood and then screwing up when he got there.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lacin' up the Nike's, waitin' for the spaceships.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I think the lack of a patcher or a bug reporter and clear indication that the PU 2.0 wasn't ready for public release in any form.

Turmoil posted:

I really think they have it tied into their page view counter.

Every time someone goes to the ships section of the store it just assumes that person wants to buy every one of those ships and adds that sum to the income counter.

So, where is CIG getting the money then if not from the whales anymore?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

peter gabriel posted:

holy poo poo my neighbour is dead, found in the river next to my house

Sorry to hear man, my condolences.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Maybe she left you her jpegs. "fingerzcrossed"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to try the division beta but I didn't get a key

I did get a Paragon key tho, gonna try that this weekend

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I am such a moron :cripes: well thank you for uploading that video.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Spaaaaaaaaaaace Court!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
January 22, 2016

still no goon-de-yadda video

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

spacetoaster posted:

:smugjones: seriously?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Another Open House is in session. Will pop in later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcPT0HZD83A&feature=youtu.be

I will be on the stream in 5 mins

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

jfc

my condolences, pgabz

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

:derp:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TTerrible posted:

I hold a position similar to him, that is even if most of CIG management are bumbling,unqualified idiots i still hope for a fun game to come out once the dumpster fire cool down.

Lucky for me i'm not really pasionate about it but i can understand defending such position from Mr. Smart constant "Wait for it to blow.. Sooonnn .. Two weeks !.. Wait fot it..." Could get tiresome quickly.

But nobody should give CIG more than what they would pay for a collector edition of a AAA game. Doing otherwise only encourage them to come up with more and more devious schemes to separate you from your money. The only way for SC to be released is to stop giving money to CIG.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I'd like to try the division beta but I didn't get a key

I did get a Paragon key tho, gonna try that this weekend

If someone has a key and hasn't signed up yet one of the steps is to email friends. Weirdly it looks like the option goes away once you complete signup.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Seriously, :mediocre:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

aleksendr posted:

I hold a position similar to him, that is even if most of CIG management are bumbling,unqualified idiots i still hope for a fun game to come out once the dumpster fire cool down.

Lucky for me i'm not really pasionate about it but i can understand defending such position from Mr. Smart constant "Wait for it to blow.. Sooonnn .. Two weeks !.. Wait fot it..." Could get tiresome quickly.

But nobody should give CIG more than what they would pay for a collector edition of a AAA game. Doing otherwise only encourage them to come up with more and more devious schemes to separate you from your money. The only way for SC to be released is to stop giving money to CIG.

See, this is pretty reasonable. It's a shame that PGabz, Beer, Melkor, Eonwe, Lowtax, a neurotic jew, or somebody else will be along soon to ban you or make it so nobody can read your post without clicking on it.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/690624245626339330

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

A 30 to 1 artist to programmer ratio?

No, i dont think so. Many games have a pretty big artist/coder ratio if you include all the sound, level design, texture, animation, background and text.

i think they hosed because Crobizzle accepted a deal with the devil in the very begining, that is letting the Cryteck produce his kickstarter demo in exchange of using the engine. It saved him a lot of work, but once the dotted line was signed they where stuck with a game engine rarely used for anything beside 3D FPS.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 22, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Couldn't she find an even older picture for her Twitter account? Like maybe when she was a fetus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Unfunny Poster posted:

So I'm gonna stream some of that EVE Online "protein solver" thing on https://www.twitch.tv/tallardar if anyone is interested.

This is really awesome Tallardar, I haven't played EVE in years and didn't know this was a thing. I am a biotech researcher IRL so kinda cool. I recognize a lot of this stuff.

• Locked thread