Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

So I have an old PSX version of the first Silent Hill but I suck at tank controls. Is it fine to pick up the Wii Shattered Memories version and just play that? I love Silent Hill and want to beat the first one to get the story. I guess my question is; am I missing out on the story if I just play the Wii version and skip the PSX game?

I would play both. It's the same story, but told by two radically different perspectives in radically different ways. Both SH and SM have many faults, but both are worth playing, and neither one supersedes the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prosaic
May 20, 2010
If I'm going to try a final fantasy game, which would be the best to start with (I don't actually play JRPGs normally, but I figure I should give them a shot)? Anything I should know?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Prosaic posted:

If I'm going to try a final fantasy game, which would be the best to start with (I don't actually play JRPGs normally, but I figure I should give them a shot)? Anything I should know?

Final Fantasy IV or Final Fantasy VI.

If you play IV, play the GBA version.

If you play VI, whenever the game asks if you want to jump or wait, choose wait. Trust me.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Prosaic posted:

They're all fairly different beyond being (for the most part) turn based RPGs with Chocobos and Cids. Some are more realtime than others as well. This isn't even including Final Fantasy Tactics. Each one has a different system for progression, setting, tone, and soundtrack. It varies from ye olde medival setting to faux-futuristic (and in different ways depending on the game). If there were certain things you'd like to avoid, a better suggestion may be made, I think.

Prosaic
May 20, 2010

Comic posted:

They're all fairly different beyond being (for the most part) turn based RPGs with Chocobos and Cids. Some are more realtime than others as well. This isn't even including Final Fantasy Tactics. Each one has a different system for progression, setting, tone, and soundtrack. It varies from ye olde medival setting to faux-futuristic (and in different ways depending on the game). If there were certain things you'd like to avoid, a better suggestion may be made, I think.

Hmm. I think I've played enough medieval games for now. I don't really mind turn based combat, but realtime is fine too. Also, I'm no graphics whore by any means, but obviously if there are two relatively equal options I'd prefer the one that looks nicer.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Prosaic posted:

Hmm. I think I've played enough medieval games for now. I don't really mind turn based combat, but realtime is fine too. Also, I'm no graphics whore by any means, but obviously if there are two relatively equal options I'd prefer the one that looks nicer.
None of them are really 100% medieval, there's always some weird scifi poo poo that pops up later in the game. However the least plain sword-and-sorcery ones are FF6, FF7, FF8, FF10, and FF12. FF6 has sort of a steampunk fantasy world, FF7 is a cyberpunk dystopia, FF8 is futuristic hard sci-fi, FF10 is this bizarre east asian inspired world (or something, I can't really describe it), and FF12 is set in a desert and plays like a MMO. Of those, FF6 is my favorite, though FF10 might be more accessible to modern gamers with all its 3D and voice acting and stuff.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 14, 2010

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Prosaic posted:

I agree that IV and VI are the way to start. IV is pretty much straight forward medieval though, VI is more steampunk with magic. The art is probably better in VI too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Capsaicin posted:

Final Fantasy IV or Final Fantasy VI.

If you play IV, play the GBA version.

If you play VI, whenever the game asks if you want to jump or wait, choose wait. Trust me.

I would play VI first since IV on the GBA is considerably harder. Also, IV is medieval, VI is sorta steampunk in a fantasy setting.

Or you could go all out and play FFVIII which is super futuristic :v:

E:f;b

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
And people are going to have this argument until the end of time, but I'll go ahead and say that FFVI is probably, in my eyes, the best so far. It's world just felt -big-.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Artix74 posted:

Any good tips on FF8? I played until some point in disk 2 when my PS3 YLOD'd on me and I figured I'd go ahead and give it another shot, because I remember liking it quite a bit when I did play it. That said, I know that I didn't quite "get" FF8. I was terrible at Triple Triad and never played it if I could avoid it, I probably leveled a lot more than I needed to, I never did figure out how to raise your SeeD rank, etc. So basically, I'm looking for a "here's what you were probably doing completely wrong" post.

Note: I love this game to death so I apologize in advance if this post gets too long/rambles.

Don't beat yourself up over not getting all the points possible in your SeeD exam. It's kind of tough and parts of it are not very intuitive.

There's a part of the game that frustrates me to no loving end--when you are tasked to find "the commander" in Balamb Town, put the controller down and go look up the solution to this lovely "puzzle" on the Internet. I've been told by a few people that you can buy your way out of the puzzle by talking to the guy hiding between/under the vehicles at the docks, but I've never tried it. I've also heard that if the puzzle has you stumped and enough time goes by, it shortcuts you to the end of it. Can't confirm that last one for m'self, though.

You may come across a town in which someone asks you to find a set of "stones." Try this one without a guide first and remember that they can all be found within that town. Don't neglect the entrance area (the one with the costly draw point)!

While each character has baseline stats that might cause you to be inclined to specialize them one way or another, keep in mind that the magic junction system makes it possible for anyone to do anything. I made Zell my primary mage once just for the heck of it, and thanks to carefully-selected junctions (it's not always best to let the game pick them, by the way), he was a powerhouse.

If you plan to stock up on spells, it will help to junction something to all three active party members' mag stats that boosts them. You can always switch 'em back later, and then you won't have to see "Drew 1 Esuna(s)!"

Tapping R1 at the right time during a physical attack only works for Squall. Feel free to do it for everyone else, though, if you think it's fun. :toot:

It is perfectly acceptable to name a character "SHITBOX." Actually, that's good advice for just about any game.

It behooves you to get the ability Enc-None from Diablos before entering an area on the world map that looks like this.

Guardian Forces' attacks can be powerful (especially when Boosted), and their attack animations are pretty. Use them if you feel like it, but it's been mentioned before that the game is just as easy if you don't. It's up to you. Speaking of Guardian Forces, the damage Diablos does scales with his level in a different way than the other GF's. You know how gravity-based spells inflict damage based on a percentage of a character/enemy's HP? Diablos's attack does this too, it's just relative to his level. He may not seem very useful at the start, but as he matures, you'll start to see him come into his own. And by "come into his own" I really mean "beating major loving rear end."

Reading a card rules tutorial online will help you immensely if you plan on playing Triple Triad a lot. Pay special attention to how rules are spread and which rules you don't want to spread.

Rinoa's attack animation is tediously long, but Invincible Moon will save your rear end one day.

At one point, a "witch" of sorts joins your party. Feel free to neglect her because that bitch leaves pretty soon thereafter anyway. You'll know who I'm talking about when you get her.

Yes, you're supposed to wake up as some dude in a jungle. Your game did not glitch--just go with it. Not knowing what that's all about is part of the fun!

You won't need to know this for quite a while, but Zell is actually a skilled mechanic. Trust him when the time comes.

The game will sometimes reset your junctions between discs/"dreams"/cutscenes. Always check what's equipped before doing anything of major import. Once I get lots of GF's, I find it helpful to write down who's got what and what magic is junctioned to what stats. Sometimes it gets scrambled and you may not remember how you had everything set up before.

It was mentioned before, but Aura whoops rear end. Another awesome spell is Meltdown. It can be drawn from an enemy that lives on snowy plains near an underground village. Meltdown does non-elemental damage and reduces the enemy's VIT to 0, effectively stripping them of any defense against physical attacks. It makes some otherwise tough enemies (loving adamantoises) a cakewalk.

Unlike FFVII and FFX (at the beginning), Limit Breaks don't trigger after a certain amount of damage. The lower a character's HP, the more likely he or she is to get a Limit Break (kind of). Once you reach 10% and your HP is displayed in yellow, the odds go up dramatically. You can get a Limit Break at higher health, but as you approach 30%, it's so unlikely that you'll probably never see it.

Quistis's limit break, Blue Magic, can rock your socks off, if you get her the right abilities.

Your "Save" screen may change after a certain point; it will gain options for a "Pocketstation." We NA gamers didn't get that peripheral, so just ignore those menu choices. :(

Puppy
Jan 29, 2009

I do not belong here.

Artix74 posted:

Any good tips on FF8? I played until some point in disk 2 when my PS3 YLOD'd on me and I figured I'd go ahead and give it another shot, because I remember liking it quite a bit when I did play it. That said, I know that I didn't quite "get" FF8. I was terrible at Triple Triad and never played it if I could avoid it, I probably leveled a lot more than I needed to, I never did figure out how to raise your SeeD rank, etc. So basically, I'm looking for a "here's what you were probably doing completely wrong" post.
The most important thing to enjoying FFVIII is to not be the guy who kills everything with GF summons. So many people didn't understand the Junction system because its tutorial was needlessly confusing, and decided to completely eschew it in favor of just summoning GFs with 30-second animations every battle. Needless to say, this is boring as hell and you'll get tired of the animations really quickly. Learn the Junction system at all costs. You should be killing everything with Attack or a special ability like Darkside. Later in the game, use Limit Breakss instead.

Speaking of Limit Breaks - you can cheese them. Whenever you start a turn at critical HP, Limit has a chance of appearing as a selectable command. But if you use the "skip character's turn" command repeatedly, you'll get more and more chances to see the Limit command. If you do it when only one character has his ATB full, you'll be getting another chance every time you press triangle, meaning you can pretty much get a Limit with 100% consistency.

It's true that fighting enemies and leveling up causes the monsters to level up with you. Nonetheless, only avoid fights if you want to. The game isn't hard at all, and I find that skipping enemies eliminates one of the parts of RPGs I like the most - leveling up and gaining new abilities. So just take it at your own pace.

Get the Magic Lamp from Cid and get Diabolos before you leave for Timber. It has two abilities, Mug and Enc-None (no encounters!) which are incredibly useful. If you're having trouble beating him at low levels, bear in mind that his gravity attacks put everyone at low HP, meaning a high chance for limit breaks. Abuse the aforementioned strategy to blast his HP. He's also vulnerable to Demi, which you can Cast from him (Draw->Cast->Demi). After a few casts of Demi and some Limit Breaks, he should go down. You can also cycle to Full-cure with Selphie's Limit Break if you need to heal up.

In general, the male characters are just better than the female ones, because their Limit Breaks do more damage. Selphie's is very fun to use, however, and Quistis has some neat Blue Magic.

Triple Triad is fun and, with the default rules, incredibly easy once you get a few good cards. It also has great rewards. You can ignore it if you want to, though. If you do decide to play it, though, there's something you should know. Rules can spread throughout regions as you play, and some of them make the game suck. Whenever you see someone start the game by saying "I see you know rules unfamiliar to this region. Let's play a game with [some other region's] rules and ours," you want to hit cancel. Keep canceling until they no longer say this. Otherwise, you'll start getting crappy rules like Random (your cards are selected randomly, so you wind up with bad ones most of the time). Also, there's a fun little Card Club quest on disc three in Balamb Garden.

Lastly, the locations of a few rare cards in the early game that make the card game much easier:

Ifrit: Complete Fire Cave (mandatory)
MiniMog: Kid in a blue shirt running around Balamb Garden
Quistis: The Trepies in the second floor classroom
Seifer: Headmaster Cid
Zell: Zell's mom in Balamb
Angelo: Watts in Timber

Puppy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 14, 2010

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I've just finished the first two battles of Bahamut Lagoon. Hopefully I didn't miss an event that can make or break my entire playthrough of this game.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Stalker - Call of Pripyat

How do I get the most out of this game? Is there anything I need to know if I haven't played any of the previous Stalker games?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Caufman posted:

How do I get the most out of this game? Is there anything I need to know if I haven't played any of the previous Stalker games?

This isn't Unreal Tournament. Circle-strafing and running up to guys to shoot their faces will get you massacred. Stay in cover, stay low, try and hit them from a distance. It's like other tactical shooters in that regard.

That applies to human enemies of course. For mutants you'll want to fill them with buckshot.

Loot every body for vital ammo and supplies, but don't bother hauling guns back to sell. The real money is from artefacts.

Artefacts can be found in the large anomaly fields. The detector will point you towards artefacts (they're invisible and not collectable unless you get close with a detector out) and throwing bolts will trigger the individual anomalies so you can tell where they are.

Each artefact has positive and negative stats. Many increase your radiation level, so finding ones that decrease it to offset that is important. Don't sell the -Radiation ones unless you have plenty of them.

+Health on an artefact does not increase your max health. It increases your health regeneration.

When you go to the bridge for a mission, check the car that fell through the hole at the south end. That will mean nothing to you now but when you get there you'll thank me.

Try to keep your weight low so you can carry loot without encumbering yourself. Each safe area has a blue box you can use as a stash. Don't carry around all your ammo, and definitely don't carry around more than one or two vodka bottles, if any. Anti-rad meds are fairly abundant in CoP anyway.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm hooked on Dawn of War I again, did they ever fix Soulstorm so it's not a horrible mess?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

GeneralFai posted:

The game will sometimes reset your junctions between discs/"dreams"/cutscenes. Always check what's equipped before doing anything of major import. Once I get lots of GF's, I find it helpful to write down who's got what and what magic is junctioned to what stats. Sometimes it gets scrambled and you may not remember how you had everything set up before.

Actually, it doesn't reset your junctions. What it does is it picks certain characters stats for the characters in the dreams. If you go in to the party list where you can change characters, there's also an option to transfer junctions and magic. Simply swap your usual character's junctions to the person who you normally don't use and they'll be powered up instantly.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Caufman posted:

In the first area the guy that runs the bar will pay huge amounts of money for specific artifacts he is looking for, if you save up spare artifacts until he wants them and then sell them to him you'll be rich enough that money will no longer be a problem.

Also, a scientist will offer to build you a new experimental scanner in exchange for three regular ones. Do this as soon as you can, they don't explain it well beforehand but the new scanner actually has a visible display that lets you see exactly where anomalies and artifacts are so navigating anomalies and hunting artifacts is a breeze compared to going completely by sound or flashing lights.

One mission requires you to navigate a minefield. The way to check for mines is to throw a bolt at the ground, if it makes a metallic clang instead of the usual dull thud that means there's a mine.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

...of SCIENCE! posted:

One mission requires you to navigate a minefield. The way to check for mines is to throw a bolt at the ground, if it makes a metallic clang instead of the usual dull thud that means there's a mine.

That is useful but the minefield is also a puzzle, there's a safe route through it. If you think you see a possible safe path, use the bolts to check.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Now that we're talking about STALKER, can anyone give me some tips about SoC? A list of good mods would be nice too, I've heard a lot about that.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Elswyyr posted:

Now that we're talking about STALKER, can anyone give me some tips about SoC? A list of good mods would be nice too, I've heard a lot about that.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/news/stalker-complete-2009-release

STALKER: Complete cannot be emphasized enough. The underlying game is largely untouched, this largely adds some much-needed bugfixes and features (you can repair armor now!).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
About to start Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, any tips before starting up a new game (played a bit before, but kept dying to the first boss and shelved the game).

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Rirse posted:

About to start Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, any tips before starting up a new game (played a bit before, but kept dying to the first boss and shelved the game).

- Don't worry about the mid-game bad end that's become standard with Castlevania at this point; if you actually reach it, the game will show you what you missed and where (well, the screen it's in, you'll need to find the room yourself), before rolling the credits and putting you back at a point where you can collect them. It's nice that way.

- That's basically the only way the game is nice. The bosses are full-on pattern and safe spot memorization, with very little that can be done in the way of cheesing them. But there are trophies for beating bosses without getting hit, so it can be done. Just keep trying.

- The safest spot for the crab boss is crouched next to the wall of the lower left platform, and you should never stop climbing as long as you have the ability to. Congratulations, you will now not slam face first into that wall like everyone else did.

- There are blue chests that can pop out of the ground in some rooms if you do special actions, such as crouching in certain places or defeating certain enemies. If it seems like the sort of thing that might cause one to pop up, do it. Most, if not all, contain special accessories that can't be gained any other way.

- There are many sources of glyphs outside the statues you can find: you can absorb certain enemy attacks (if a glyph pops up when they cast it, you can absorb it, you just sometimes need to be absorbing before they even start casting to have the time necessary); some enemies will drop them on death (if see a glyph appear then immediately fade away, kill more of them until one actually "drops" the glyph); and some are given as rewards for puzzles (again, mostly centered around finding a way to keep the absorb going long enough).

- The only glyph union worth anything is Light + Dark. Everything else is just a waste of hearts you could be using to cast Big Bang.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

...of SCIENCE! posted:

In the first area the guy that runs the bar will pay huge amounts of money for specific artifacts he is looking for, if you save up spare artifacts until he wants them and then sell them to him you'll be rich enough that money will no longer be a problem.

Without spoiling much, if you get too greedy on the artifacts, the bartender will close down his business.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Rirse posted:

Nick Buntline has hit most of the points I would have. To elaborate a bit on the first one though: pay attention to your map completion %. Any map you are not yet at 100% is a good place to start looking for missing villagers. Some maps are obvious that you can't yet 100% them because you are missing a certain glyph, but IIRC those will not have villagers in them.

Fray Joker
Nov 3, 2007

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.

Nick Buntline posted:

- The only glyph union worth anything is Light + Dark. Everything else is just a waste of hearts you could be using to cast Big Bang.

Filthy lies. Nitesco + Weapon is the most versatile and useful against bosses and ultimately does more damage per heart used.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SpazmasterX posted:

Actually, it doesn't reset your junctions. What it does is it picks certain characters stats for the characters in the dreams. If you go in to the party list where you can change characters, there's also an option to transfer junctions and magic. Simply swap your usual character's junctions to the person who you normally don't use and they'll be powered up instantly.

You know, I have a videogame-OCD friend that used to tell me the same thing every time I'd complain about my GF's and magic getting scrambled/unequipped. Finally, I demanded he come over and show me the "trick" to keeping everything straight after a dream sequence. He had the same problem I did and said that my game was messed up or something because his copy never did that. I owned the same retail NA version of the game he did, so it made no sense to me; I just thought he was lying so he wouldn't look like an idiot. :iiam:

I found a minty copy of FFVIII for the PC at a thrift store for a dollar. Booyaka! Think it'll run on my machine? :dance:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

GeneralFai posted:

You know, I have a videogame-OCD friend that used to tell me the same thing every time I'd complain about my GF's and magic getting scrambled/unequipped. Finally, I demanded he come over and show me the "trick" to keeping everything straight after a dream sequence. He had the same problem I did and said that my game was messed up or something because his copy never did that. I owned the same retail NA version of the game he did, so it made no sense to me; I just thought he was lying so he wouldn't look like an idiot. :iiam:

I found a minty copy of FFVIII for the PC at a thrift store for a dollar. Booyaka! Think it'll run on my machine? :dance:

Perhaps they're are simply two different versions of the game? It's far from unusual, and my copy IS the Greatest Hits version.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SpazmasterX posted:

Perhaps they're are simply two different versions of the game? It's far from unusual, and my copy IS the Greatest Hits version.

I suppose that's the only conclusion possible to arrive at. Maybe the discs are stamped with a code that contains a batch number, or something like that? I bought my copy at Wal*Mart the day it came out (jesus, was that really a decade ago?). I'll do some digging. And for the record, I'm super jealous that you didn't have to re-junction everybody all the time.

Persona 3 Portable

If you're new to the game, start as the male protagonist character.

Don't be afraid to fuse personas. Make sure you register them before you do, though.

Skill cards are awesome and can be just the thing you need to get through a problematic battle. Use them.

During fusion, you should take note of what skills are being passed to the new persona. This is a very important part of the game. If necessary, re-roll the fusion until you get a set of skills you like.

You can pay to heal your party on floor 1 of Tartarus. Just click on the "clock" (save point), and select "Heal Party" or "Heal All" from the menu.

Some of Elizabeth's quests aren't very intuitive. If you're scared of missing something, check out a guide. Please note that the Doublejump guide printed for Persona 3 won't be very useful for this version of the game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No, the female protagonist has better Social Links and the best battle theme. Only play as the dude if your going to indulge in NG+

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Anything for Simcity 4? Is there any up-to-date mod compilations with important mods/patches?

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Elswyyr posted:

Anything for Simcity 4? Is there any up-to-date mod compilations with important mods/patches?

The Diagonal is a Lie.

Don't forget that the game is as much about regions as it is about cities.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."
For Persona 3 Portable, is it possible to play a game as the male protagonist, then switch to female for the New Game + or vice versa?

Also, can you do a New Game + if you get the bad ending?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

For Persona 3 Portable, is it possible to play a game as the male protagonist, then switch to female for the New Game + or vice versa?

Also, can you do a New Game + if you get the bad ending?

You can definitely switch genders when you start a NG+, and you can start one from the bad ending, even if there is no reason whatsoever not to finish the game proper-like.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I don't know if there'll be many tips, since it appears to be a very simple game from the little I've played, but is there anything I should know about Max Payne 1?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Centipeed posted:

I don't know if there'll be many tips, since it appears to be a very simple game from the little I've played, but is there anything I should know about Max Payne 1?
Not really. There's only 1 "hidden" thing and it's just an easter egg that doesn't gain you anything.

Some people will bitch about the dream sequences, but try not to let that sway you. I never had a problem with them.

On a related note, does anyone know of a mod for the first Max Payne that changes the bullet time to be more like it is in Max Payne 2? I can't play the first anymore since it doesn't refill after killing enemies like it does in MP2.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Orgophlax posted:

On a related note, does anyone know of a mod for the first Max Payne that changes the bullet time to be more like it is in Max Payne 2? I can't play the first anymore since it doesn't refill after killing enemies like it does in MP2.

:confused:

When I played it you got bullet time after killing enemies. In fact, that was the only way to get it. MP 2 has it regenerate over time.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

:confused:

When I played it you got bullet time after killing enemies. In fact, that was the only way to get it. MP 2 has it regenerate over time.
OK, yeah, that's what I mean. A mod to have it regenerate in MP1.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hey sup gonna give La Mulana another try, and had some followup questions to those I asked previously in the thread.

- Besides the two whip upgrades, is there anything else I can permanently miss/gently caress up? Life crystals, ROMs, etc?

- SSCC or SS88 music? :v:

- Is figuring out how to get into Hell Temple with just the hints the game provides even remotely realistic/possible, or should I just rewatch Deceased Crab's videos for that?

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Ledneh posted:

Hey sup gonna give La Mulana another try, and had some followup questions to those I asked previously in the thread.

- Besides the two whip upgrades, is there anything else I can permanently miss/gently caress up? Life crystals, ROMs, etc?

- SSCC or SS88 music? :v:

- Is figuring out how to get into Hell Temple with just the hints the game provides even remotely realistic/possible, or should I just rewatch Deceased Crab's videos for that?

As far as I know, the only thing you can permanently screw up for a save file other than the whips is opening Hell Temple. And you're not going to open Hell Temple without someone telling you how. "The hints the game provides" for half the steps are barely legible, and the other half don't have hints at all. This is intentional, as Hell Temple is explicitly a giant kick in the balls meant to teach players that it's OK to not beat their head against every challenge the programmer throws at them. But, hey, if you want to, go wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Anything for the 1st Persona from the PSN?