Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Archenteron posted:

Make the food-dads kiss

Archenteron posted:

Make the food-dads kiss

Archenteron posted:

Make the food-dads kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter is up.

Headliner ingredient is Green Tea! and someone pulled out an alligator

It's totally going to be a clean sweep by Central.

Edit: Link: http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/219/4351/1

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 15, 2017

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Xelkelvos posted:

New chapter is up.

Headliner ingredient is Green Tea! and someone pulled out an alligator

It's totally going to be a clean sweep by Central.

Why even post this without a link?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

continue to pray for mimisiki

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mimasaka might actually survive since he wasnt included in this chapter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crazyeyes posted:

Why even post this without a link?

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/219/4351/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kuga is gonna get owned so hard he might literally die.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kuga should win, because Tsukasa is the worst.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the alligator isn't getting cooked, it's just there to please the crowd while rindou prepares her dish

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's nothing in the rule book that says an alligator can't be sous chef...!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

rindou is pretty cool, i hope she cooks against soma, those two have good chemistry

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I really hope it turns out that Rindou is the Jouichirou and Tsukasa is the Gin. Also have Tsukasa lose to Megumi.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Fried alligator is pretty good.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Venuz Patrol posted:

the alligator isn't getting cooked, it's just there to please the crowd while rindou prepares her dish

haha rindou is going to tear out it's throat with her vampire fangs

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Megumi beating Tsukasa makes a lot of sense after this chapter, but this is a shonen so the chances of that actually happening are probably close to 0.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sadly, her cooking power level is too low. that's not a joke or hyperbole, but the actual reason why megumi wouldn't be a match for him.

Aug 24, 2011

1st seat will go insane and, in an attempt to put part of himself in his cooking, will literally cut his own arm off

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tsukasa eschewing his whole outlook due to Megumi would be rad.

Alacron posted:

I really hope it turns out that Rindou is the Jouichirou and Tsukasa is the Gin. Also have Tsukasa lose to Megumi.
Rindou seems to be far more freewheeling, true. And given how it's been very (un)subtly implied how ranking in the elite 10 does not necessarily represent overall skill, especially since we've been told how Eizan and Isshiki are supposedly more skilled than what their seating rank implies, I wouldn't be surprised if Rindou is actually the best current cook in Tootsuki. Hell, it would actually sort of make sense: Rindou lets Tsukasa be 1st Seat because she finds him interesting, but because she is "letting" him be 1st place, this works as the main reason Tsukasa feels like he needs to improve his cooking; not because cooking is all that matters to him, but because he needs to be on her level, which serves as motivation as to why he signed up for Azami's bullshit train ride. "History repeating" is a recurring theme in tons of manga, not in the least for Jump manga.

Wait, did I just make a small :effortless: post about a dumb, fun, fanservice-laden cooking manga? Is this the result of a solid night of sleep and three filling meals?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's funny, i tend to make effort posts about shounen manga when i go long periods of time with little sleep

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Or she could let Tsukasa be number 1 because she doesn't want to do all the work that position probably involves.
She's having a hard enough time dealing with her tasks as is. I mean dumping it all on Tsukasa's desk is really hard work!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mulderman posted:

Or she could let Tsukasa be number 1 because she doesn't want to do all the work that position probably involves.
She's having a hard enough time dealing with her tasks as is. I mean dumping it all on Tsukasa's desk is really hard work!
That too, certainly! The flashbacks imply that Jouichiro constantly did this with poor Gin. All Jou wanted to do is cook and get into scraps with other chefs, and Rindou seems like she just wants to taste delish food + bother people because she wants to have some loving fun.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/220/4363/1

Why is it that the battles seem much more interesting when Souma is not involved? That's kinda a rhetorical quedtion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I love Rindou so much, she might edge out Alice for my favorite character.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Shokugeki no Soma Manga: BIZARRE FOOD CONFERENCE OF DARKNESS

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
:siren:SEASON 3 ANNOUNCED: :siren:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-22/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-anime-gets-3rd-season-this-fall/.117823

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 22, 2017

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Someone save Taneda Risa from her hiatus already so she can be Erina!

Also I feel any chapter that focuses on a chef we haven't seen actually cook since they were introduced is always a good one, Rindou's did not disappoint in the least.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Holy poo poo I love Rindou so much, she might edge out Alice for my favorite character.

I fully expect and desire a Rindou/Alice team-up. Molecular gastronomy + Ultra exotic ingredients = Cuisine pushed to every boundary

Also, I want the Bizarre Food Conference to happen. Maybe replace Souma with Alice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rindou would fit right in the Iron Wok Jan universe.

Aug 24, 2011

has rindou met soma's dad? that would be some great stuff

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Overlord K posted:

Someone save Taneda Risa from her hiatus already so she can be Erina!

Also I feel any chapter that focuses on a chef we haven't seen actually cook since they were introduced is always a good one, Rindou's did not disappoint in the least.
Wasn't Erina already re-cast with Hisako Kanemoto (Squid Girl, Veronica in Seven Deadly Sins) taking over Lisa Taneda?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

has rindou met soma's dad? that would be some great stuff

Rindou would definitely figure out how to make dried sardines and strawberry jam work or even Souma's grilled squid tentacles and peanut butter

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Rindou is too strong and megashima is gonna flop like a wet noodle.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I can't wait for Soma to abolish the elite 10 and replace it with the Bizarre Food Council of Darkness :allears:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i haven't read it yet but the loving title is Rindou Cometh because he loving knows everyone's been waiting for this :drat:

EDIT: it's very, very good

Patware fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Having lived in Florida for a while, it's kind of funny to see alligator presented as a bizarre and rare ingredient.

I do love that eating crickets apparently calls for more censorship than any of the foodgasms so far.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Begemot posted:

I can't wait for Soma to abolish the elite 10 and replace it with the Bizarre Food Council of Darkness :allears:

:same:

Rindou's too cool for the lame no-creativity alliance.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

It's funny that I just eat crickets yesterday and that was the censored part. Try eating stink bugs or corn fungus next time :ese:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Mmm, huitlacoche.

Yeah, it's sufficiently hot that I'm getting mexican tonight, I think.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Good fanservice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If you're really looking at the future of humanity as a chef getting good at making insect protein appetizing is smart bet.