Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I knew Hidden Compartment was going to be good. BTW Legion's Close Range shot has a higher range than you think and is basically a Big Ole' Shotgun. So not only is he a pocket Northstar, he's a fuckin' pocket Ronin too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pakman posted:

I asked FrothyOmen about it on his stream last night and he said it's still God-tiet and should still remained banned in comp. There was really no noticeable difference.

That makes sense. I will say that it performs noticeably poorer at long range, but it's lack of recoil and strong up close power make it really good. I use stim and Volt hipfire to compensate for being a console peasant who can't parkour like a god tho. :negative:

Hidden Compartment owns and is really fun. Legion isn't my favorite Titan but he's the one I'm best at.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Polish Avenger posted:

It seems really, really good to me too. He can basically play like a fat, lovely northstar who can man up in close range.

Northlard.

It's like they took heavy weapons guy, gave him a cooldown based force of nature / huntsman. Then gave it two charges that can be used super fast.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG!

EDIT: more like go right amirite :getin:

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 1, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Hackan Slash posted:

I totally agree with this, I try to always shift outside their FoV and appear where they're not looking.

See you can use phase shift like that and its fun sometimes, but ultimately you got really lucky in this scenario. You choose to dive into enemies, and if anyone saw your trail they'll be waiting for you, and you will have to come out of the phase dimension blind to their positions. It can work like this sometimes but its a gamble. I'm assuming this was on console.

I mean its titanfall play whatever is fun and good. Most players are bad and blind its why cloak is so good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This game is Good. Any things I should know weapons wise/titan wise just starting out in the multiplayer?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr E posted:

This game is Good. Any things I should know weapons wise/titan wise just starting out in the multiplayer?

Try everything and just play what's fun :shobon:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mr E posted:

Unlocking weapons with the token system is hard because they're expensive, but Titans are cheap and are all viable, so if you like one of the unlockable ones in particular you can grab it and not feel bad. It's not a terrible grind to unlock every weapon so don't sweat it if the gun you want is higher level. If you only unlock one gun early though, pick the Volt or R-97.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Unlocking weapons with the token system is hard because they're expensive, but Titans are cheap and are all viable, so if you like one of the unlockable ones in particular you can grab it and not feel bad. It's not a terrible grind to unlock every weapon so don't sweat it if the gun you want is higher level. If you only unlock one gun early though, pick the Volt or R-97.

I wouldn't recommend using any credits on weapons. Save until you can get low profile. It's the single best purchase you can make with creds

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Low Profile should probably have the rodeo delay notification reduced by a lot.

It would still be very good - no jump jets when cloaked, allows you to run silently, allows you to climb on a Titan without audio cues...still a good pick, but not the overwhelmingly best one.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Anyone found a way around gmail blocking the dewanddoritos password reset?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Knifegrab posted:

See you can use phase shift like that and its fun sometimes, but ultimately you got really lucky in this scenario. You choose to dive into enemies, and if anyone saw your trail they'll be waiting for you, and you will have to come out of the phase dimension blind to their positions. It can work like this sometimes but its a gamble. I'm assuming this was on console.

I mean its titanfall play whatever is fun and good. Most players are bad and blind its why cloak is so good.

I'd really like to see some PC footage of this, because it has literally never happened on console. If you don't shift in front of people they're not looking for sparkles, they're looking for the orange dudes.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Magnus Condomus posted:

Welp, got a new Nuclear Eject multikill that I'll probably never be able to top:

http://i.imgur.com/Wq7zqyr.gifv
Oh wow, I feel dumb for not thinking about using Phase when I'm about to accidentally nuke myself.

Learning a lot from this thread.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Would really like to see more Phase Shift gameplay clips in this thread, Hackan's clip is the only one I've seen in the last 50 or so pages. I mean, there are a lot of phase shift experts in here right?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Wazzit posted:

Would really like to see more Phase Shift gameplay clips in this thread, Hackan's clip is the only one I've seen in the last 50 or so pages. I mean, there are a lot of phase shift experts in here right?

Agreed, I've been trying to find something new now that cloak is nerfed. I've tried the shield and while everyone seems to say phase shift is good, no one has been able to tell me how to actually use it effectively.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

^burtle posted:

Agreed, I've been trying to find something new now that cloak is nerfed. I've tried the shield and while everyone seems to say phase shift is good, no one has been able to tell me how to actually use it effectively.

It's a reactive skill that rewards good map awareness and reaction speed. If you don't have either of those things take one of the more active skills like stim or pulse blade.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Mr.Citrus posted:

It's a reactive skill that rewards good map awareness and reaction speed. If you don't have either of those things take one of the more active skills like stim or pulse blade.

Sure but with the quick TTK in this game and the fact that your guy has to bang his watch to trigger it, I'm hoping there are more tips out there besides, "As soon as you hear gun fire, hit it."

Uhh Nope
May 20, 2016
Does anyone else think Amped Hardpoint matches go by way too quickly? I usually go for the "Capture the Point" modes in multiplayer to get long matches with relatively low dependency on team mates to win the objectives. Also I hate having AI units!!

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

^burtle posted:

Sure but with the quick TTK in this game and the fact that your guy has to bang his watch to trigger it, I'm hoping there are more tips out there besides, "As soon as you hear gun fire, hit it."

It comes down to playstlye. What you just said is partially correct, but not entirely.

Ttk is low, but perfect accuracy only happens for cheaters (edit: and smart core, which coincidentally feels like cheating). Ttk against a wall running / movement expert is exponentially higher than against a immobile player.

If you are good at the movement system and know the maps well enough to know where you are likely being shot at from, Phase Shift acts as a real time "do over"

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 1, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i am actually tempted to buy this

i thought the PC community would already be dead but its not

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

eonwe posted:

Not only is it not dead, but numbers are going up.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

eonwe posted:

There's a free multiplayer trial starting tomorrow

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea im gonna try out the demo

I think I already have access to the demo because I paid $5 for Origin access for BF1 and its still active for a few more days

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The game is going to do great. Even my terrible friend who gets 1 - 3 kills per game is having a lot of fun.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

^burtle posted:

I'm also in here to find out about phase shift, and I got some good advice here yesterday, but I'm also finding out that some people see a sparkle trail when enemies phase shift. So I'm trying to find out, is there a particle setting on the PC that might affect being able to see this? Does the trail happen while I'm traversing while shifted, or only after I shift back?

People were telling me yesterday that you can cook grenades while shifted. I only use arc grenades, but you can start the throw just before you shift back so the 'nade goes out first thing and gets the stun as the first part of your (hopefully) ambush.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

eonwe posted:

I think I already have access to the demo because I paid $5 for Origin access for BF1 and its still active for a few more days

Yep, EA access will let you play the trial right now.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

That would just make tone pointless

Good.

Getting the 50 executions for the new Phase Shift execution is pretty hard. Even harder when your teammates keep killing the guys you sneak up on (because you did it to them when they were they were trying to get executions) :suicide:

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 1, 2016

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

^burtle posted:

Some of this may seem obvious. When you know, or think you have a high probability of significant damage, you can phase shift to deny that opportunity.

For instance:
  • Enemy titan is nuke ejecting and you can't get away.
  • You've just ejected and you think someone will try to goose you.
  • Escaping scorch thermite in close quarters
  • Escaping a grav star
  • You just grabbed a battery from a giant, pissed off robot.
  • Save a kill trade: does it look like you're going to kill your first target and die immediately afterward to his numerous buddies? Try to judge when you've shot just enough to get your kill and then immediately activate or even preactivate phase shift so you can escape, instead of trading.

Also good for:
  • Flagrunning, it works, you keep the flag. It used to not work, no one used phase shift, so RSPN changed it, so this is probably here to stay.
  • Running out of ammo at a bad time
  • Ensuring you safely get into your titan

Edit: I also want to see if you could make use of pre-ramping the Devotion up while phased and pop out at full tilt. I honestly don't know if you can even shoot your gun while phased, but if you can you might be able to use it as a funny way to peek a corner.

Polish Avenger fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 1, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Antoine Silvere posted:

Good.

Getting the 50 executions for the new Phase Shift execution is pretty hard. Even harder when your teammates keep killing the guys you sneak up on (because you did it to them when they were they were trying to get executions) :suicide:
I'm currently at 24 executions and been trying to get the 25th for the sweet rear end dazzle camo. Then I can maybe think of trying for the Phase Shift execution. :argh:

Mr.Citrus posted:

I wouldn't recommend using any credits on weapons. Save until you can get low profile. It's the single best purchase you can make with creds
Actually the best purchase is Grand Theft Semi-Auto

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Polish Avenger posted:

Edit: I also want to see if you could make use of pre-ramping the Devotion up while phased and pop out at full tilt. I honestly don't know if you can even shoot your gun while phased, but if you can you might be able to use it as a funny way to peek a corner.

You can totally shoot your gun while phased. You can also see other people who are phased at the same time, including Ronin. I believe you can kill them in phase land as well but I've never gotten the chance to try. You can shoot your gun and throw grenades while in phase land, but they stay in phase land. You can also start cooking a grenade and still be holding it when you come out of phase land, so I don't see why you couldn't spin up your gun while phased to hail bullets down when you come out.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Insert name here posted:

I'm currently at 24 executions and been trying to get the 25th for the sweet rear end dazzle camo. Then I can maybe think of trying for the Phase Shift execution. :argh:

No, 2-3-2 or whatever is cooler, in being a giant "EAT poo poo, rear end in a top hat"-type execution rather than the detached 2cool4u thing that grand theft is.

2-3-2 is :black101:
GTSA is :smuggo:

Basically.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Wazzit posted:

I don't take gameplay clips but if you are on PC you can come roll with our crew.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

eonwe posted:

kind of annoyed I have the console version, assumed the PC version would be dead now :/

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The console version playerbase is kickin rear end, tho. So that's good.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

I've only got 12 :negative: might actually spend the credits on a new execution since hacking people's faces with the data knife is cool and all but gets old

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Yeah console or PC this game is surging because it is good and fun. I loved Titanfall 1 so I am super happy the squeal improved upon it and is getting some love.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The console version playerbase is kickin rear end, tho. So that's good.

yeah but I watch PC gameplay footage and I'm like *sigh*

it looks so more fluid and fast on m+kb

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Knifegrab posted:

I don't take gameplay clips but if you are on PC you can come roll with our crew.

I'm mostly on Xbox but I also have it on PS4 and PC. My laptop doesn't run it very well (to be actually playable) but I haven't fully played around with the settings. Anyhow, add me on Origin: ChrisTheMute

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Polish Avenger posted:

Some of this may seem obvious. When you know, or think you have a high probability of significant damage, you can phase shift to deny that opportunity.

For instance:
  • Enemy titan is nuke ejecting and you can't get away.
  • You've just ejected and you think someone will try to goose you.
  • Escaping scorch thermite in close quarters
  • Escaping a grav star
  • You just grabbed a battery from a giant, pissed off robot.
  • Save a kill trade: does it look like you're going to kill your first target and die immediately afterward to his numerous buddies? Try to judge when you've shot just enough to get your kill and then immediately activate or even preactivate phase shift so you can escape, instead of trading.

Also good for:
  • Flagrunning, it works, you keep the flag. It used to not work, no one used phase shift, so RSPN changed it, so this is probably here to stay.
  • Running out of ammo at a bad time
  • Ensuring you safely get into your titan

That you can phase with the flag is new to me and may be more interesting than just stimming by a long shot. We had a win become a draw the other night when a titan killed our guy at the cap point and as I grabbed the flag, I wall ran into the rail and rather than hop it, I got stuck on a box next to it hung up in the air and got killed.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Btw I have the inner pieces execution :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I should dedicate some quality time running cloak and trying to get executions.