Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Who's that bitch rear end young republican looking mf on the right because I hate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lucian Baxter Wintrich IV

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
wow, media matters is somehow worse than briebart lol

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I like how we now live in a parallel reality where CNN and FOX are fake news and mediamatters, gatewaypundit and breitbart are legit source of information
dont forget infowars

Blue Train posted:

Who's that bitch rear end young republican looking mf on the right because I hate him
i dunno, but he sure does love making that pose in front of cameras lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
he looks like an extremely gay harry potter

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

So you are both mad as gently caress and downright scared. Maybe take some meds, fam.

So loving ready to jump on the 'scared crybaby libs' thing, stop projecting and reflect on your choices.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

lmao how mentally ill are you if you consider giving a poo poo about quite literally everybody a fundamental moral imperative?

uhhhhhhhh

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

So loving ready to jump on the 'scared crybaby libs' thing, stop projecting and reflect on your choices.

Why are you always so angry, fam?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Blue Train posted:

It's Frodo Baggins

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

Why are you always so angry, fam?

stop projecting

you mad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

I thought you were making this up but nope, jfc

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

stop projecting

you mad

From the poster who served up this gem:

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Well, Trump has had a flaming dumpster fire of a presidency but all things are equally bad so the people desperately hoping this sinister demagogue stops shouting from the rooftops how he deserves to be allowed to destroy then goes away? Those scared people? Yeah gently caress THEM, STUPID LIBERALS! LIBERAL TEARS gently caress YEAH! HAHA gently caress YOU LIBERALS!"

Clearly I am mad and projecting. Lol.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Plucky Brit posted:

I always knew every scuba diver was Alt-Right scum.

scoobie doo scum meets the hard boilersuit clad jackboot marching men

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Blue Train posted:

I thought you were making this up but nope, jfc
holy poo poo, it is!

quote:

Lucian Wintrich is the host of tonight’s Pro-Trump art show “Daddy Will Save Us” in New York City featuring pieces from Milo Yiannopoulos, Martin Shkreli, Gavin McInnes, and many more.
he's everything i dreamed him to be :allears:

wait, is that the one where milo bathed in pigs blood?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
you commies are really hosed once trump orders SEA PATROL to crack down on you degenerates

your recreational diving activities make me fuckin sick

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

black people aren't killed at any higher rate than white people by the police

checkmate

Fog Tripper posted:

As long as they are doing bad things to you specifically, I am cool with it. That transforms them into good things.

Fog Tripper posted:

Have to poop in same place as others sharing the same plumbing at birth = "hard times"

Fog Tripper posted:

So basically as usual you have no answer beyond insults.

Fog Tripper posted:

Hahaha, flail more, you literal child.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Kjoery posted:

holy poo poo, it is!

he's everything i dreamed him to be :allears:

wait, is that the one where milo bathed in pigs blood?

quote:

Like any good Generation Y’er, he has a great affinity for 90s era weirdness and a self-importance that takes pride in writing about himself in the third person.

Ah yes, a millennial snowflake

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

T.S. Smelliot posted:

you commies are really hosed once trump orders SEA PATROL to crack down on you degenerates

your recreational diving activities make me fuckin sick
apart from the fact that ol fragglebatches doin the OK is an actual alt righter (lol), trumps cutting the coast guard in order to pay for the wall, so good luck with that

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

apart from the fact that ol fragglebatches doin the OK is an actual alt righter (lol), trumps cutting the coast guard in order to pay for the wall, so good luck with that

the coast guard is the only military branch id honestly give the benefit of the doubt as to be competent so this saddens me if true

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Genuine question: when did it become inappropriate to ever be mad on the Internet?

I remember when I first started checking out the Onlines as a kid 'lol u mad?' was almost exclusively used by people making fun of someone taking something too seriously, like nerds slap fighting over video games and movies. 'Lol u mad' was funny because the person was clearly mad about something that didn't matter at all. There were also trolls who asked the question to see if they had, in fact, made u mad, because if they had then they'd won the Internet debate.

But politics, at least to me, seems to matter? 'Lol u mad' only works when the topic at hand is trivial, like a video game, but it falls flat when it comes to anything of substance, like who governs a country and how that country is governed.

Honestly, don't we respect the people willing to get mad about things that matter than people who prefer a kind of arch meta-detachment? I thought part of Trump's whole appeal was that he actually showed passion for things, unlike the uncanny valley robot Clinton.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

Genuine question: when did it become inappropriate to ever be mad on the Internet?

I remember when I first started checking out the Onlines as a kid 'lol u mad?' was almost exclusively used by people making fun of someone taking something too seriously, like nerds slap fighting over video games and movies. 'Lol u mad' was funny because the person was clearly mad about something that didn't matter at all. There were also trolls who asked the question to see if they had, in fact, made u mad, because if they had then they'd won the Internet debate.

But politics, at least to me, seems to matter? 'Lol u mad' only works when the topic at hand is trivial, like a video game, but it falls flat when it comes to anything of substance, like who governs a country and how that country is governed.

Honestly, don't we respect the people willing to get mad about things that matter than people who prefer a kind of arch meta-detachment? I thought part of Trump's whole appeal was that he actually showed passion for things, unlike the uncanny valley robot Clinton.

theres a such thing as "mattering too much"

ie the mods in dnd cspam literally posted links to the suicide prevention hotline when trump won? like jfc come on have a lil perspective

E: no one is saying its not ok to care about things here, but a huge attacking point of everyone against the left is "lol go cry about it in your safe space while literally shaking you snowflake baby"

T.S. Smelliot fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 11, 2017

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Donald Trump has access to a nuclear arsenal and that doesn't matter I guess. Perspective, guys.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

T.S. Smelliot posted:

the coast guard is the only military branch id honestly give the benefit of the doubt as to be competent so this saddens me if true

It was a part of a proposal on how to pay for it and personally I'm looking forward to lower cocaine prices if he does cut their funding

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

feelings and politics
for one, "u mad?" is a meme as old as the internet itself. it's not a very good meme, but then again, the internet does not set a very high bar

"gently caress your feelings" is also quite common; again, a notion that originated back when feminists were trying to give perspectives on videogames, and then spread to become a generalized response to the social justice movement as a whole

crime weed fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 11, 2017

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yeah Fog Tripper you're consistently a real rear end in a top hat and you need better therapy than what SA can provide I believe

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

sexpot posted:

Yeah Frog Tripper you're consistently a real rear end in a top hat and you need better therapy than what SA can provide I believe
"but you see i was just pretending to be an rear end in a top hat all along! gotcha!" -frog tripper

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kjoery posted:

for one, "u mad?" is a meme as old as the internet itself. it's not a very good meme, but then again, the internet does not set a very high bar

"gently caress your feelings" is also quite common; again, a notion that originated back when feminists were trying to give perspectives on videogames, and then spread to become a generalized response to the social justice movement as a whole

I think there's forums where you can and should express anger discussing serious issues... but GBS? Only worse place to get mad I can imagine might be Facebook

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

I knew a dog with this name

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

"but you see i was just pretending to be an rear end in a top hat all along! gotcha!" -frog tripper

maybe the rear end in a top hat...was you all along!

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life

op posted:

lol trump's hosed

so are we but it's not funny!!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I think there's forums where you can and should express anger discussing serious issues... but GBS? Only worse place to get mad I can imagine might be Facebook
it's true, but in hellthread there is no true anger or strife. we are all friends here, our hearts united by the Bad Thread

god bless hellthread

vvv :yeah:

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 11, 2017

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
This is the worst thread on SA and the only one I regularly post in

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Jukebox Hero posted:

Donald Trump has access to a nuclear arsenal and that doesn't matter I guess. Perspective, guys.

Trump isn't going to launch nukes you scared baby. In fact, I am so sure of this, I am willing to toxx. If Donald Trump launches the nukes I may be banned from SA. Thanks for reading.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

feelix posted:

Trump isn't going to launch nukes you scared baby. In fact, I am so sure of this, I am willing to toxx. If Donald Trump launches the nukes I may be banned from SA. Thanks for reading.
no need to do that; we all gonna toxx if Donald "I'd retaliate to a terrorist attack with a nuclear strike - wouldn't you??" Trump gives the order to glass 'em

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Kjoery posted:

no need to do that; we all gonna toxx if Donald "I'd retaliate to a terrorist attack with a nuclear strike - wouldn't you??" Trump gives the order to glass 'em

haha whoa good point never thought of that

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge