Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's this really funny song parody posted to this subforum that I wish i could post. it's been in my head a little bit. but it got someone in trouble for posting it, so I can't. It's similar to this. i am num i am num i am numming!!!! intravenous in, intravenous in my CLASS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People like to be mean to me for fun, as a meme, because they know I'll cry

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I’m really sorry to read that, NienNunb. I hope it stops soon.

Candy Crush gave everyone infinite lives this week, which is a bit of a trap. I spent far too long on a Nightmarishly Hard Level on Thursday night, only to discover I’d actually beaten it the night before!

I haven’t made any more progress through my DVDs. Instead, I’ve been watching docos on Amazon Prime and Netflix. Last night, I watched a series by Tony Robinson about significant Roman and British figures from history.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I started watching Tiger King because everybody was talking about it and Jesus loving Christ :stare:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

this has made me seek penance

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
from god

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

trying to figure out this Valkyrie Profile game. I think this might be one of those visual novels they slapped some gameplay elements into.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love you so much, I'm giving you a big hug right now

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I started watching Tiger King because everybody was talking about it and Jesus loving Christ :stare:

It's because of that bitch Carole Baskins isn't it?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Officially going on furlough this week, which I guess is better than getting laid off, but the effect is still the same. I've already felt the mental toll of self-quarantine for a couple weeks, but it hasn't really sunk in until I got my last company paycheck yesterday, and realized that I have to survive on unemployment for the foreseeable future.

I'm not handling this nearly as well as I thought I would.

Benne fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 4, 2020

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Do whatever helps you stay sane right now

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

Officially going on furlough this week, which I guess is better than getting laid off, but the effect is still the same. I've already felt the mental toll of self-quarantine for a couple weeks, but it hasn't really sunk in until I got my last company paycheck yesterday, and realized that I have to survive on unemployment for the foreseeable future.

I'm not handling this nearly as well as I thought I would.

It sucks i find avoiding news site/social media for most of the day (maybe checking once) has helped me loads. Just keeping yourself occupied is key.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I love you so much, I'm giving you a big hug right now

i love you neen nub i only roast you cuz you get so crispy and maillardy like a fine piece of poultry

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Free Joe Exotic

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Playing Death Stranding again. I put it down in November or December with like 40% finished.

I really like building roads.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Magic posted:

Playing Death Stranding again. I put it down in November or December with like 40% finished.

I really like building roads.

I play about an hour and a half every month or so. Just cant get into it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i began to only care about building roads. i didn't want to do missions or go anywhere that i couldn't drive to directly.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

i love you neen nub i only roast you cuz you get so crispy and maillardy like a fine piece of poultry

❤️❤️❤️

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Should I collect baseball cards? Should I be a baseball boy?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got State of Decay 2 and so far it's just like the first game but everything is just a little bit better, and that's cool.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought the intro was worse and i stopped playing it after 1 minute. should i try again?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yes. The tutorial is super-short and after that the whole thing opens up and you largely are free to just gently caress about doing what you like. If I recall right from the first game, you used to get pressured to answer people's calls for help immediately or it hosed over all your relationships, and that same tension doesn't exist in this game (so far at least).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got the Resident Evil 2 remake because I remember people saying it was good. I’m gonna gently caress up some zombies

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hate helping people and would often drive by and run them over. that drat little group of survivors who wouldn't join me especially. join me or get run over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

I hate helping people and would often drive by and run them over. that drat little group of survivors who wouldn't join me especially. join me or get run over

Once you get your characters leveled up enough they get the chance to become leader of your group, and different characters will have different leadership styles: sounds like you would enjoy being a Warlord!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

Reminder that Jon Bois is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P30pv8RfK3I

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmQrmiqr7Fg

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
As my wife is one of the biggest fans of the Resident Evil franchise on the planet, I spent the past eight hours playing the remade/remastered Resident Evil 3 while she watched, with the kiddo providing commentary in between dying her hair from dirty blonde to goth black and somehow pulling it off...

The game looks pretty, the zombies/enemies are amazing, and the mechanics handle fine, however, it feels more like Resident Evil 2.5 or a long DLC mission pack than a brand new game. Replace Mr. X with Nemesis, make him a repeatable boss instead of a threat that can come from nowhere at any time, and keep the same UI and "gunpowder/weapons upgrades" and it definitely feels like a stopgap between 2 and the eventual remake/remaster of 4.

But! It did give us a grammar lesson...

"loving zombie" as a gerund - Ew.
"loving zombie" as an adjective - EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
"loving zombie" as an interjection - Perfectly acceptable.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm rewatching a full RE2 stream I've already watched before

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i'm playing poe2: deadfire and its good

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

i'm playing poe2: deadfire and its good

It rules. If you like RPGs and haven't played Pillars then what are you even doing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I have watched and rewatched a speedrun of resident evil 4 that is this dudes pb and like a top 10 best run of all time multiple times on you tube

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bought the war of the chosen expansion to xcom 2 finally. downloaded some extra armor/weapons/mods as well and it's maxed out on this newer system to make it feel like xcom 3 baby. "x is going to give to to you." Haha

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm gonna play a lot of XCOM 2 when the Switch release happens

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the framerate on that should be interesting. it's not a fantastic engine they've cobbled together. i am using engine loosely to describe everything about the software they made over at firaxis. i have nothing against the unreal engine. i'm sorry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They already have xcom on switch it's the Mario rabbits game

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Firaxis makes some spectacular games but jesus christ are they ever some dogshit coders

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Cavauro posted:

the framerate on that should be interesting. it's not a fantastic engine they've cobbled together. i am using engine loosely to describe everything about the software they made over at firaxis. i have nothing against the unreal engine. i'm sorry

Considering how it ran on my PS4 my expectations aren't huge but I do love playing strategy games on my handheld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry about the dark crystal game. I made it. I was the "ideas guy" and i hired a lot of other people and had to hire a manager to deal with them and i pretty much didn't stay in contact with any of them during or after development. But that's why my name is on the box