Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Like, given that Atlus charges $10 more for 3DS games I bet they charge $70 for #FE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Well it's not like we couldn't see this coming...

The next Zelda will take full advantage of the NX... Whatever that means.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Tender Bender posted:

April Fool's Day is the worst holiday to exist

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rest in peace Miyamoto. :smith:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ugh, I'm so sick of the touch screen and motion already and now it's going to use the camera too? Come on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tender Bender posted:

They're already responding to the PS4.5? Console gaming is actually dead. This is so stupid.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

loving hell, this is what I get for being a Nintendo fan. I'm jumping ship, I'm tired of their bullshit.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Saoshyant posted:

loving hell, this is what I get for being a Nintendo fan. I'm jumping ship, I'm tired of their bullshit.

Please wait until tomorrow to make these hilarious statements.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Congratulations, you've found a baser form of wit than puns.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Some people in this thread don't know how to ROLL with the PUNches

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Tender Bender posted:

Oh wow, so the amiibo I have will appear in Zelda as my sidekicks?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's good to be back in 2008

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

Listen man when you buy a Wii U you absolutely MUST get Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Super Mario 3D World

and probably also Splatoon if you're into the online shooter thing or even if you're not it really is pretty fun

there's a lot of other good poo poo but this is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM!!!

I don't know, only have one of those four (SM3DW) and I don't think I'm missing anything.

I don't play multiplayer games, though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

We're no strangers to buying a console for one game. You know the rules, and so do I.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tender Bender posted:

I let it ride, this song ain't even bad

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Patter Song posted:

I don't know, only have one of those four (SM3DW) and I don't think I'm missing anything.

I don't play multiplayer games, though.

MK8 is very good as a singleplayer game too, and the online is great if you're into that. Smash and Splatoon are totally multiplayer focused though

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

MK8 is very good as a singleplayer game too, and the online is great if you're into that. Smash and Splatoon are totally multiplayer focused though

Smash games also have lots and lots of single player stuff to do as well, so I'd say it's pretty satisfying too as a single player thing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ventana posted:

Smash games also have lots and lots of single player stuff to do as well, so I'd say it's pretty satisfying too as a single player thing.

Smash 4's single player isn't very good, it's a huge step down there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Splatoon has a decent single player, but it's certainly not worth buying just for that. On the other hand, if you buy it you might realize you really like online multiplayer more than you thought.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

As a guy who played the poo poo out of Smash Bros in the past and never cared much for Mario Kart, Mario Kart 8 is really good and better than Smash 4.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know, I used to play Mario Kart 7 a lot. But I guess I kinda burned out of Mario Kartin', since even if I did buy Mario Kart 8 full-price, I just can't find the motivation to play. Compared to Splatoon, where I'll happily sit hours playing until the battery dies.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I thought I was done forever with Mario Kart until I got 8.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MK8 is probably the only time I've ever been bummed out that they stopped releasing DLC for a game

Give me Samus + Norfair Circuit please

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TheKingofSprings posted:

Smash 4's single player isn't very good, it's a huge step down there.

Compared to Brawl I'd agree, but idk, I found Smash single player stuff more enjoyable than MK stuff. I am biased though since I vastly prefer smash.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mario Kart 8 offers hours of fun in the form of the playback tool, which lets you look at Wario's face in slow motion as long as you want.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Mario Kart 8 (specifically the Luigi Death Stare meme) and Dex01's LP of SM3DW was what pushed me into buying a Wii U for myself last year.

It was a good decision.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Mario Kart 8 is a load of fun, and it gets exponentially more fun when you add more players on your couch. I think Mario 3D World is the better singleplayer experience, but those two games alone justified my purchase of the console. The HD Zeldas, Smash, Splatoon, Virtual Console, Mario Maker, and Captain Toad are just multiple cherries on top.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

MK8 is probably the only time I've ever been bummed out that they stopped releasing DLC for a game

Give me Samus + Norfair Circuit please

This but with Kirby + Frozen Hillside.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Mario Kart 8 is extremely good but has a limited shelf life - even with the DLCs there are only so many maps, and there's basically no battle mode.

Smash 4 on the other hand has so many characters that I feel like I could play it for the next 40 years!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bring out a battle mode with 12 maps!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Polo-Rican posted:

Smash 4 on the other hand has so many characters that I feel like I could play it for the next 40 years!
I genuinely don't know where they could go from Smash 4 aside from making more robust single player content or including yet more anime boys.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

pichupal posted:

I'm happy to be featured in this historic Miitomo moment.

I'm in there too! (I'm the nurse.)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Bought a WiiU recently and I was curious, how exactly do I get my hands on Bayonetta 1? From all accounts it looks like people still sell Bayo 2 but it's no longer the one that ships with a Bayo 1 disc. Is buying the first game in digital really the only option unless I pay about 100 bucks for the first print or whatever?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sober posted:

Is buying the first game in digital really the only option unless I pay about 100 bucks for the first print or whatever?

Unfortunately, yes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Don't worry, you will never wish to sell or return it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If you buy Bayo 2 digitally Bayo 1 becomes like $10

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sober posted:

Bought a WiiU recently and I was curious, how exactly do I get my hands on Bayonetta 1? From all accounts it looks like people still sell Bayo 2 but it's no longer the one that ships with a Bayo 1 disc. Is buying the first game in digital really the only option unless I pay about 100 bucks for the first print or whatever?

Bayonetta 1 is alright and all, but not great, so please don't buy some inflated price copy. If you absolutely must play it on Wii U, just buy both digitally to get both games for a total of $60. With the Bayonetta 2 reprint being what, $30? I'd just get that. It's a better game overall.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

enojy posted:

Bayonetta 1 is alright and all, but not great,

mods

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sober posted:

Yeah buying digitally is the only way at this point. If you're concerned about hard drive space, keep in mind that the Wii U will accept any USB hard drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Actually I think you'll find that Bayonetta 1 is, in fact, great

• Locked thread