Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

feel like poo poo just want him back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This isn't the worst take

Serious question since I don't watch WWE: who would be better modern comparisons to explain to a casual fan?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't the worst take

Serious question since I don't watch WWE: who would be better modern comparisons to explain to a casual fan?

Miu is still kind on that rung below Yuka, Miyu, Shoko & Miu's tag partner Rika. Maybe even below Mizuki who has at least held the POP belt even if the reign was hampered her challengers being Itoh, Kakuta & outsider Sawyer Wreck before dropping the belt to Yamashita.

I'd honestly go more with a 4 Pillars comparison, with Yuka Sakazaki & Miyu Yamashita being Misawa & Kawada, which I guess makes Shoko Nakajima Kobashi & Rika Tatsumi Taue? I don't know.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I meant if you were trying to explain to someone who only knows WWE

I feel like Miyu isn't really Roman because he's his own thing. Maybe Nakamura since he's still kinda strong style?

And Miu is like, IDK, LA Knight?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'd say that they should watch some 1990s All Japan.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Elephant Ambush posted:

I would just pull out a sheet of paper and crayons

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Miyu to John Cena isn't a terrible comparison but if Miu got pushed as hard as Randy did I wouldn't spend half my waking hours being mad at Tetsuya Koda.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rude to infantilize the elderly like that

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Miyu is the Ace. When she's not the champ she's at most one step away from number one contendership. In AEW she would be Moxley. In WWE... poo poo, I don't know. Seth Rollins?

Miu isn't quite on the same level but she's a special attraction. Great and physical and the crowd really appreciate her. Top of the midcard stretching into the main event credibly. In AEW she'd maybe be Cesaro. In WWE... maybe Gunther if they actually pushed him?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is Hangman's fault and not the fault of the guy who had a violent public meltdown which he then followed up with another, unrelated, violent public meltdown

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This is Hangman's fault and not the fault of the guy who had a violent public meltdown which he then followed up with another, unrelated, violent public meltdown

"Punk rock poo poo" - Leslie Lee III (without irony)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's definitely the fault of the guy who said one thing and not the fault of the guy who heard the thing and then spent an entire year being insanely, publicly mad about it nonstop.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

the workers rights line was out of line because he hadn't cleared it with Punk, but presumably Punk cleared calling him an empty headed dumb gently caress at the scrum so it's fine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrong to most of the above, unless sarcasm.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

VideoWitch posted:

the workers rights line was out of line because he hadn't cleared it with Punk, but presumably Punk cleared calling him an empty headed dumb gently caress at the scrum so it's fine

I forgot what thread I was in, and thought this was about Don Callis hiring scabs.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_junkie/status/1714738115242254364?s=46

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
rip bogo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Botch Cara is such a tin eared attempt at an insulting nickname

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

also like poo poo Cara is right there

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bin Cara

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

just a reminder that junkie is a malding 50 year old. nothing he types will ever be as pathetic as the first breath he draws on awakening

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Burger King rules

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1714830467839434771

Saw some sentiments like this and the message I took away was 'drat, this episode of Dynamite really was good if this was what they had to complain about'.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jobbernationtv/status/1714847392187691416?s=46

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Can we not post the guys who havent gotten new material in the 4 years AEW has existed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s what the weekly AEW thread is for now

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I would honestly and truly be interested to pluck Roman Reigns out of WWE and see how a match between him and Kenny Omega would go. I wonder how his style would work if he was fully on and trying outside of the WWE bubble.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It would probably be pretty good

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Justin_Brett posted:

Saw some sentiments like this and the message I took away was 'drat, this episode of Dynamite really was good if this was what they had to complain about'.

Who even are these people? The only problem was the weird cut out, which was explained slightly by the brawl coming to the ramp, and Nick's mom being a bad actor, which is FINE

that segment was awesome and I laughed so much

They must not like fun (or like the one whiner in the comments, that Nick Wayne is too small to wrestle :shrug:)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Nick Wayne's youth reminds these people of their own mortality and eventual death. It frightens them.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Taxman posted:

They must not like fun

Internet wrestling fans in a nutshell.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Justin_Brett posted:

It’s true, this was way worse than Mark Henry loving Mae Young and her giving birth to a hand or HHH dressed up as Kane loving the spaghettios out of dead Katie Vick’s skull

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/TexasOutlaw7250/status/1714823332179173601?t=ebHYnnD5CxeXpAXY7o1p1w&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

he's barely trying any more.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
rating goes up

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1715116113342644563?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That sounds very reasonable imo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can't hate the MJF/Cole pre-tapes because it is the funniest monkey paw wish for AEW fans. You got more pre-tapes, you got face MJF, you got everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That sounds very reasonable imo

Timeless Toni Storm is the best part of AEW right now