Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

Why isn't Niki Ashton PhD proposing to nationalise all small businesses? Or is the sanctity of small business to important

https://twitter.com/nikiashton/status/907034213903413248

Begin the dekulakization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Count Roland posted:

Hence the huge police presence that's used to enforce alcohol and tobacco?

I doubt it. After legalization possession will be legal, which removes the most common legal offense and the most common excuse to harass people. The grey market is neither here nor there in this case. When it comes to grow ops or dispensaries then yeah it will matter more, and dispensaries will probably be cracked down on hard in most jurisdictions.

It's not as though substances such as marijuana, alcohol and tobacco have a big on/off policy switch saying "illegal / legal". The exact rules and pricing system put in place will have a strong determination on how events play out, as will the already existing cultural framework through which cannabis is consumed. Besides, there's a substantail police apparatus in place for regulating the sale and use of alcohol and there's a huge market for contraband cigarettes.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
A lot more people than I expected smoke in Vancouver. Sitting in a ferry line up and they're just constantly making GBS threads up the air.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Aug 25, 2018

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

good

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Send the 12% to Alberta, problem solved.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Lol someone driving a Chrysler 300 on this ferry left their car with its engine running.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Quit your dang live posting and get yourself a legendary burger from Triple O's ya grump

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

James Baud posted:

Anyway, I made my way through a couple hours of CPA Canada material on this stuff yesterday. There are a couple interesting things that came up:

1) Keeping a corporation within family (generational transition) seems to result in 30% higher tax bill than selling to outsiders.
2) Reasons to pay salary over dividends: when CRA challenges reasonability, this makes the legal bill / penalty a corporate expense instead of a personal one.

The 30% higher tax because you sell the corporation to your family seems a bit weird. I'm guessing that's where some of the anger particularly from farmers and ranchers is coming from.

There was some line about how these changes would only affect those earning 3x more than the national average or something. Is that accurate, or is there really any way to tell?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eej posted:

Quit your dang live posting and get yourself a legendary burger from Triple O's ya grump

I'm literally going to white spot right now and am gonna do just that

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just lol if you buy a burger and not use that capital to purchase another property. I save $100 more a month for a downpayment by only eating rock slime.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
White spot is proof white people have horrible taste in food

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the BCNDP's fundraising bill is almost ready, and it's retroactive :getin:

quote:

An immediate ban on corporate and union donations that will be retroactive to the end of the last election. In other words, any donations of that nature since May 9 will not be allowed to stand and will have to be revoked.

Individual campaign-donation limits will be set at $1,200, far less than the $5,000 ceiling the Opposition Liberals were proposing in their private member’s bill introduced this week. Quebec will still have the lowest individual limit in the country at $100. People will be able to split their donation total between a party and a candidate if they so desire. Also, an individual can give that donation limit to more than one party/candidate.

A ban on foreign and out-of-province donations. Party leaders will no longer be able to go to cities such as Calgary and Toronto to fundraise.

New rules around donations for party leadership contests.

Tighter regulations around third-party involvement in campaigns. While the government has limited control over third-party ads around particular issues, it does have much greater say over third-party ads of an overtly political nature.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

namaste faggots posted:

It's a good and dependable burg enjoyed by all colours and creeds.

I'm pretty spergin' about my burgin' and white spot/triple O's is a solid B+.

... trap sprung.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If you're going to eat beef and contribute to climate change, at least eat good forms of it for gently caress sake. Shameful.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I care about the environment

can't shut the gently caress up about flying planes and traveling to Spain

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
:thejoke:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I flew to south Africa to eat beef. Worth it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

namaste faggots posted:

Actually the first time I've been triggered by a CI post

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

White Spot burgs are perfectly decent white people burgs CI I will fight the gently caress out of you over this

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I WILL CHOP SUEY YOU ROUND EYE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CLAM DOWN posted:

White Spot burgs are perfectly decent white people burgs CI I will fight the gently caress out of you over this

What is a good PoC burg? Asking for a friend.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
White Spot is definitely an old white people restaurant but yeah their burgs are definitely good.

Not as good as Splitz though.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

My knowledge of White Spot is this: the pickle slice draped on top of the burger is funny looking.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Lord posted:

My knowledge of White Spot is this: the pickle slice draped on top of the burger is funny looking.

B'WAAHHHHH

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

People are starting to hear about the Health Canada push to stop OTC codeine product sales and the fun thats going to follow is beginning. Had my first loony boomer go off on a tinfoil hat government control conspiracy theory rant then freak out when I told them we started a new policy to dispense only a single bottle of 30 T1s or 50ml bottle of Calmylin. My favourite part was being told that Im not allowed to tell people how many they can buy.

I really hope they follow through on the ban because its easy to see how much they are being abused.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

you're funny looking

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I love learning about different Canadian chains in non-Southern Ontario places of Canada (aka savage lands). My last day in Alberta we went to a Mr. Mike's and it was amazing.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
white spot patties are kind of weird and they put way too much of their sugary sauce on, but i still weirdly crave them when I'm on the ferry. never outside of that context though

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Power
Movements
Inequality
Public Ownership

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Winnipeg goons what is your opinion on the crepe chain on St. Marys

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Hand Knit posted:

Power
Movements
Inequality
Public Ownership

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

large hands posted:

white spot patties are kind of weird and they put way too much of their sugary sauce on, but i still weirdly crave them when I'm on the ferry. never outside of that context though

Yeah, it's basically a right of passage to eat a White Spot burger on the ferry.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I for one am excited that someone is brave enough to propose the expropriation of Pegasus property I mean this has never been tried before how do we know it won't work

Good job dr ashton

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

Power
Movements
Inequality
Public Ownership

:snoop:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

TheKingofSprings posted:

Winnipeg goons what is your opinion on the crepe chain on St. Marys

Kawaii Crepe? Real good stuff.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

heeheex2 posted:

Kawaii Crepe? Real good stuff.

That's the one, just introduced my sister and her family to it and everyone loves it. I hope they expand to some other cities

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We've had Kawaii Crepe cater a few of the more informal company events and it is incredibly good.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

cowofwar posted:

Send the 12% to Alberta, problem solved.

More like vapourize all smokers, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

namaste faggots posted:

Look what you made me do. :mad: