Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More info about the Catherine update

-The standard edition will cost 7,980 yen.
-The limited edition will cost 13,980 yen and include a slip art box, four-disc soundtrack CD, art book, and special downloadable content set.
-An Arrange Mode featuring new mechanics has been added.
-There are more than 500 stages—two times the amount of the original game.
-Over 20 animated scenes have been added.
-You can change Catherine’s voice. In addition to Miyuki Sawashiro (Catherine’s main voice actor) and Mamiko Noto (who voiced Fuuka Yamagishi in Persona 3), nine additional voice-overs will be released as downloadable content. Each unannounced voice actor has previously played the role of an adulterous lover.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/catherine-full-body-launches-february-14-2019-in-japan#UILs3Z3hIYlGm9ex.99

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
welll it kinda makes sense if you think about it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did I miss something about Fuuka's plot?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Waffleman_ posted:

Did I miss something about Fuuka's plot?

Her Va probably did a role as an adulterous lover somewhere in her 200+ catalog

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Finally I can be cucked by Fuuka

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It took awhile, but finally, Fuuka's character arc is complete

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Games > Megami Tensei Megathread: Finally I can be cucked by Fuuka

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bogart posted:

Finally I can be cucked by Fuuka

*gasp* its the enemy sidepiece

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

irlZaphod posted:

Pretty sure MGS3 3D is on the eShop. It is in the UK anyway: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Metal-Gear-Solid-Snake-Eater-3D-274446.html

There's a demo and you can purchase it online also.

Niche titles are always going to go up in price like that after launch since copies will be scarce compared to games which get large print runs. But again, there's always digital. I'm just glad we're actually getting them here now, rather than having situations like with SMT IV where it took 2 years then got a digital-only release.

Yes, if you get a bigger SD card, you can just copy everything from the old one to the new one via a computer. Depending on the size of the card, you may need to format it in a specific way (FAT32 I think). But other than that, just copy stuff across and pop the new card into your 3DS.

Very nice. Going for an SD card big enough to hold half the E-shop. I got a couple used physical carts, but I'm gonna give up on physical with 3DS. I just hope they make enough physical copies for SMTV, though with lack of region lock, I suppose people from UK can import from US from now on.

Also, I mistakingly though MGS3 was card only, though that is the case for Tekken and Dead or Alive on 3DS.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Catherine trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQh9M3vwtCo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
man, I love space brothers

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What was that about Persona 5 DLC at the end?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

What was that about Persona 5 DLC at the end?

Joker gets into his own puzzle thing with the P5 members cheering him on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, they must've had a lot of unused stuff for Catherine that this game's existence lets them do more with cause the amount of new poo poo in that trailer was pretty significant. There seems like there's gonna be entire new scenes for the old stuff on top of the new character being an entire section of the game on her own.

Also, swimsuit mode for the Stray Sheep is a funny feature

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Seems more like the norm for when they do Second Release editions. Golden was absurd in added content and P3P was a whole route with new S links.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P3P and P4G did not make massive sweeping changes to the story like this game looks like it is doing. P4G had the Marie stuff, but that's still not anywhere to the level of both Catherines chasing down Vincent with knives and chainsaws and whatever the gently caress is happening with Rin where they look like they are going whole hog in giving her a fully fledged alternative route and not just like a few new puzzles and like one ending.

Like the list of new features they stated for this game is pretty wild, I'm genuinely surprised this port isn't just add a few new anime cutscenes, new character ending, and online mode for the multiplayer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this game is definitely going to be entirely redubbed for Western release so rip Troy Baker and Laura Bailey as Vincent and Catherine and say hello to your new VAs of Matt Mercer and Alexis Tipton

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't really see the downside, considering their original purpose was to be clones.

The Risa one for Dancing was more awkward because it was completely different.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Look, if all future port/remakes are Strange Journey or Catherine tier, everyone wins, I don't see this as a negative.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Don't really see the downside, considering their original purpose was to be clones.

The Risa one for Dancing was more awkward because it was completely different.

I mean you could always take this opportunity to cast different VAs for different takes on the characters and make something new instead of trying to replicate what you can't have for the sake of trying to create Great Value Vincent. I'd much rather hear Ian Sinclair voice Vincent instead of Mercer being called up as "The Troy Guy." to deliver Kinda Troy Baker voice, but not exactly. It's not like this is the first time they've done this too. Chie, Fuuka, Ken, Theo, and Rise all had noticeable changes that weren't imitations all to varying success; Burch as Rise being the worst because P4D's voice direction was exceptionally bad, but her voice being different definitely took people off guard at first too. Trying to replicate old performances also just feels really hokey to me and I'm generally against VAs having the designation of imitating other VAs with the exception of like old cartoon characters who have a very established voice and gags.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Look, if all future port/remakes are Strange Journey or Catherine tier, everyone wins, I don't see this as a negative.

I'm honestly really excited at the port changes, these all sound really cool. I did not mean for it to come off as a negative.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new content they added for the 3ds Devil Survivor 2 was essentially a sequel in disguise. This isn’t entirely without precedent.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're without precedent

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Strange Quark posted:

The new content they added for the 3ds Devil Survivor 2 was essentially a sequel in disguise. This isn’t entirely without precedent.

That's true. I think that one was so long ago I forgot about it being part of the trend.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If they remake SMT Nocturne for the Switch, just let it be more demons instead of more paths. Or mini-games.

Or as the Demi-Fiend so eloquently put it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Selling video games at launch for the normal full priced game price is very much taking the piss.

hosed up if true

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/housewaifu/status/1041144848353394689

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

If they remake SMT Nocturne for the Switch, just let it be more demons instead of more paths. Or mini-games.

I wouldn't begrudge a few more overlays on the world map.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Wark Say posted:

I legit couldn't be bothered the last five challenges in the Pyro Jack mini game, so I have no problem in using a guide for those.

The image pretty much describes my feelings regarding the mini game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQfO2jG5Yk

Joker's new job after the end of PT.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKkM_s7aB38

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the p5 kids can't dance

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Persona Kids should not dance. Leave it SMT bois and gurls.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So I just learned that the P3 and P5 dancing games don't have a story mode which is an annoyance I guess. It instead features a new mode "where the player can enjoy interacting with other characters" which is just vague enough that I can justify it being anything so that my preorder of the big 3 game collection is good and not bad.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Good news since story mode in P4D was not good and I'd rather not.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the persona spinoffs never have good stories

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I only played the first couple hours of p4d's story mode and it seemed OK. I guess i will probably play it again on ps4. Maybe it was actually bad or maybe I am actually bad (possibly both).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Alder posted:

Good news since story mode in P4D was not good and I'd rather not.

They still have a plot, so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't NEED no narrative justification to know how to GROOVE

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fnrs_-c3vc

Catherine stream happening right now on the sega stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Man the new Catherine looks cool but I'm godawful at pushing blocks