Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

Well of radiance is said to be limited to non-raid/endgame PVE activities in shadowkeep.

I think they’re just gonna design raids where you don’t DPS by standing in a big pile. It’ll be more stuff like part 3 of Scourge where you need multiple small teams to get different buffs to trigger different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Roman posted:

Chaos Reach is fine. If anything Well of Radiance is the thing that will be nerfed or tweaked somehow. It's just too good and trivializes a lot of content.

to some extent I think the problem is more lunafaction boots (/rally barricade). The auto reload perks are insanely strong.

best example would be mountaintop. It does a pretty crazy amount of dps for a special ammo weapon, but that's pretty much entirely because you can spam it. With no auto reload it drops down to a much more reasonable amount of damage- something you use to burst an orange bar, and can chunk down a boss over time, but not burn it incredibly quickly.

however if bungie is looking at nerfs, I'd really really want it to be one or the other, not both. ie. take away the damage buff from well, but leave auto-reload, OR adjust auto-reload in someway but don't touch Well. Then adjust again later on if needed, rather than nerfing both.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I think they’re just gonna design raids where you don’t DPS by standing in a big pile. It’ll be more stuff like part 3 of Scourge where you need multiple small teams to get different buffs to trigger different things.

enh, you know what the community generally responded to that by doing? bringing more warlocks in order to put a well on each CAP point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

enh, you know what the community generally responded to that by doing? bringing more warlocks in order to put a well on each CAP point.

Raid applies a "Unique Snowflake" buff that gives bonus damage necessary to beat the boss, but every duplicate subclass in the raid reduces the buff by 20%. :colbert:

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean looking at Heroic Menagerie. They CAN make encounters where just standing in a well is not gonna be a good time for you.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Thanks to Roman who bought to my attention that Absolution is actually a perk that exists i got this loving monster of a titan mark drop for me

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

anglachel posted:

I mean looking at Heroic Menagerie. They CAN make encounters where just standing in a well is not gonna be a good time for you.

because the enemies outlevel you and do like 3x as much damage as they should. like as soon as the cap raises with shadowkeep that instantly goes away.

it's not good design. it wasn't good design when it was hard Crota being level 33 to your 32, or skolas being 35 to your 34, or whatever.

just cranking up enemy damage doesn't make for good design and anyway again now it just means they bring 3 warlocks, 2 titans and huddle in the well, behind a wall. bad

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

because the enemies outlevel you and do like 3x as much damage as they should. like as soon as the cap raises with shadowkeep that instantly goes away.

it's not good design. it wasn't good design when it was hard Crota being level 33 to your 32, or skolas being 35 to your 34, or whatever.

just cranking up enemy damage doesn't make for good design and anyway again now it just means they bring 3 warlocks, 2 titans and huddle in the well, behind a wall. bad

They have to make light level meaningful somehow.

I dont know that how should manifest. Maybe light level unlocks new or more powerful perks. But then you need a bone to chase the next season. And you have issues of power creep.

Now bosses need dumb stomp mechanins and need to be surrounded by dead pits.

Bungie painted themselves into a corner in many ways.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

They have to make light level meaningful somehow.

I dont know that how should manifest. Maybe light level unlocks new or more powerful perks. But then you need a bone to chase the next season. And you have issues of power creep.

Now bosses need dumb stomp mechanins and need to be surrounded by dead pits.

Bungie painted themselves into a corner in many ways.

Untrue, bungie has no idea how to open a paintcan for starters, let alone apply pigment in any form.

They poo poo in a database and prod the poop around with the unskilled hands of interns.

It's worse than outsider art

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

People keep thinking Heroic Menagerie is gonna be magically easier come Shadowkeep and maybe their right. But it wasnt true for prestige leviathian raids. They've shown they can cap your effective light for activities no problem. I have a feeling even after Shadowkeep the difficulty level will be the same if it gets easier it will be because of Armor 2.0 stuff not the extra light.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

anglachel posted:

People keep thinking Heroic Menagerie is gonna be magically easier come Shadowkeep and maybe their right. But it wasnt true for prestige leviathian raids. They've shown they can cap your effective light for activities no problem. I have a feeling even after Shadowkeep the difficulty level will be the same if it gets easier it will be because of Armor 2.0 stuff not the extra light.

no, no way.

being 20 light levels down is a huuuuge difference in damage done and taken. being under levelled is massive, so being at par is incredibly important. being over levelled isn't near as much a difference though. also prestige is kind of a hidden modifier that sets enemies to be much more aggressive and accurate.

and I absolutely think you're over estimating the strength of 2.0 armour. like regenning abilities slightly faster is cool, but it is not at all comparable to doing like 25%+ less damage.

e; also the expand on prestige leviathan stuff: we could be at par with prestige leviathan. both it and normal were ll 300, which was the cap (actually I think 305 was the cap?). the difficulty came from the prestige modifier, which is sort of a hidden modifier as mentioned, and from the mechanics (leviathan is very mechanics heavy). but being under level was noticeable increase in difficulty, as it's always been in Destiny pve. being over levelled has always had negligible effect, although you're right that prestige has even less benefit than other activities.

but with heroic menagerie we're under levelled, just like with hard Crota or Skolas. once we can hit 770+ light it will be drastically easier.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 11, 2019

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Heroic menagerie at least felt like a challenge.

The most challenging thing about a raid after opening day is someone walking off a ledge or getting stuck on a bit of poo poo and dying to a debuff mechanic meaning you have to wait another minute or two to use the pro strat some nerd put on YouTube.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I did some scrims today. It was very humbling! But I haven't used a shotgun in forever and I hate them. Pretty much everyone is using nf+drb or spare rations + mindbender's. I don't really have any good shotguns - just a somewhat decent wishender but you really need a mindbender's with quickdraw. I was mainly running service revolver + beloved.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The "solution" to well of radiance in raids / endgame content is trivial. Add sources of damage that outdamage the heal. The menagerie have that giant knights in the "hunted" phase that do that. A raid can give the boss a weapon that do that.

"Solution" with quotes, because I don't consider it a problem, but the oposite, an asset.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe instead of a well they should make it a bubble that gives you an overshield when you pass through it

But since it's a bubble you have to leave for the effect to help you because you can't shoot out of the bubble

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm trying to do the kill eaz minibosses thing but every session I join is backfilling at the chest hunt part

also for the well they should make it so the buff is reduced a bit for each guardian standing in it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kecske posted:

I'm trying to do the kill eaz minibosses thing but every session I join is backfilling at the chest hunt part.
on tuesday reset the requirement is lowered to 50 and end bosses count as 5 minibosses. so don't bother doing it now

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

no, no way.

being 20 light levels down is a huuuuge difference in damage done and taken. being under levelled is massive, so being at par is incredibly important. being over levelled isn't near as much a difference though. also prestige is kind of a hidden modifier that sets enemies to be much more aggressive and accurate.

and I absolutely think you're over estimating the strength of 2.0 armour. like regenning abilities slightly faster is cool, but it is not at all comparable to doing like 25%+ less damage.

e; also the expand on prestige leviathan stuff: we could be at par with prestige leviathan. both it and normal were ll 300, which was the cap (actually I think 305 was the cap?). the difficulty came from the prestige modifier, which is sort of a hidden modifier as mentioned, and from the mechanics (leviathan is very mechanics heavy). but being under level was noticeable increase in difficulty, as it's always been in Destiny pve. being over levelled has always had negligible effect, although you're right that prestige has even less benefit than other activities.

but with heroic menagerie we're under levelled, just like with hard Crota or Skolas. once we can hit 770+ light it will be drastically easier.

Let me rephrase. Im not sure heroic menagerie IS actually at 770 light the way we think about it.. When you die in Heroic Menagerie it doesnt say recommended light level 770. It says 750. All the other activities you mentioned told you the hard numbers they were at. It wouldnt shock me if the activity capped your light at 750 (something they showed they could do for the first week raid challenge) and then set things to 770 anyways. Making an activity that is all about being hard get insta obsolete the moment the next season dropped would be pretty dumb. (Yes i know they are pretty dumb)

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
whats more likely: that the activity has a secret power level cap that doesnt exist anywhere else in the game on a regular basis or its just a display bug and the activity is just 770 and will be subject to the same scaling as everything else as we grow in power

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My theory is that the Nightfall (and Prestige, where it still exists) inherent modifier to enemy health and damage is active in Heroic Minaj

The basic adds are 750

And it sometimes spawns a handful of 770 enemies which you can spot by the red sword icon or whatever it is. This part will get easier when we can get above 750 power, but the Nightfall health/damage will continue to be a challenge

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Do your odds of getting a Braytech schematic reset at 1pm EST at the daily reset? I'm trying to grind out the last weapon and Googling it is giving me all kinds of different answers. I just don't want to be wasting stems.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Do your odds of getting a Braytech schematic reset at 1pm EST at the daily reset? I'm trying to grind out the last weapon and Googling it is giving me all kinds of different answers. I just don't want to be wasting stems.

I think they're changing that as well (on Tuesday?) and removing the limit.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

I think they're changing that as well (on Tuesday?) and removing the limit.

Oh nice I saw that was coming but I didn't know it was Tuesday. I'll just wait until then to finish the schematics.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Basically after you get your first it dives off a cliff. They said they are changing that in the Septber patch.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Lmao I just went after another schematic after posting that since I don't have much else to do and I got the last weapon I needed. I had much better luck than some people, I was expecting to be opening those things for a week or two to get all four weapons.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks to Roman who bought to my attention that Absolution is actually a perk that exists i got this loving monster of a titan mark drop for me

My dude, let me sing you the song of my people

I also got these baller arms from the dumb event

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
D2Y3 preview: NO primaries

https://i.imgur.com/qQ5YE85.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is the gun free Tower liberals want

https://i.imgur.com/e95BXDt.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you will be shocked to learn that in discord, where gamers hang out, is a lovely environment

i'm not talking about the SA one, but I'm on one for scrims and it's pretty sad.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The solution to necessary wells is to either force movement in dps phases (like hasapiko) or to have boss "damage" be done purely through mechanic (like Oryx). Well was honestly a mistake to add, after they faced the problem of Necessary Bubble they went and made a bubble that's better in every way.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

New debuff on well where you can only teabag in it

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I get to be part of this exclusive club, too!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah i would love a fusion/sniper one for PvP. Something to grind EAZ for.

I don't mind the EAZ if i get good pubbies. I know how to get around and a good humber of the chest locations. I always back out of Hive EAZs because gently caress that.

Cabal and Fallen bosses are easy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah what the gently caress is up with that Omnigul hive boss in the EAZ? Is there some mechanic I am not catching, or does it take like 10 solid minutes to put that bitch down

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is it the kill the baby ogre then dps phase boss? It has a ton of health. The bosses are weird. Some can be burned down in seconds, some like the ogre or super fallen captain are basically heroic bosses.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

actionjackson posted:

It was very humbling!

Are you surprised by this orrrrrrrr?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is it the kill the baby ogre then dps phase boss? It has a ton of health. The bosses are weird. Some can be burned down in seconds, some like the ogre or super fallen captain are basically heroic bosses.

no it's the copy of the boss from the ps4 exclusive strike

the wizard that summons shadow clones and does a flame fart

she's got a ton of health, especially if people waste time on the shadow.

ogres got like zero health, especially if you're using the day's element, he dies in seconds once you break the shield

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh poo poo I forgot about that Strike

That means we get it in September and that it gets a Nightfall Loot, eh??

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Are you surprised by this orrrrrrrr?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah what the gently caress is up with that Omnigul hive boss in the EAZ? Is there some mechanic I am not catching, or does it take like 10 solid minutes to put that bitch down

Yeah its just loving poo poo and i just back out. Even the Ogre is horrible if your blueberries leave. The other bosses can be solo'ed.

Same as the dreaming city strike. gently caress that noise