Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

new adtrw background found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol i love the thought that they just had a stripper arrive at like some little breakfast place or something, grandma and grandpa gettin' their early-bird are all :staredog:

waitress all scowlin' with judgments

stripper holdin' back the tears, tryin' not to think about what mom said her life was supposed to be like

man you should take over for achewood now that onstad is in recovery or whatever

i bet you're good at painting depressing pictures with words when everyone else is drunk and trying to make stupid jokes which is a kind of person that i hold in high esteem, cheers*

e: *or the exact opposite I guess, whatever

FEMA summer camp fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 31, 2012

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lolllll

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

ahahaaah nice

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

to contribute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_chair

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Nevergirls posted:

to contribute

It is generally a Lockean recognition that the effort of the physical exertion of digging provides an entitlement to the space where the vehicle was previously located

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

more like
"well, i could park there, but some crazy fucker will completely bury my car in snow"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Nevergirls posted:

to contribute

only when it snows and because you shoveled it. any other time and i'm going to run over your chair

FEMA summer camp posted:

man you should take over for achewood now that onstad is in recovery or whatever

wait what happened? i know achewood stopped and he disappeared for a year and then it came back briefly and was terrible and then what

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
wait parking chairs are a foreign concept to some people?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
if you grew up in the burbs or the boons then yeah sure i guess

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

when it snows in the southwest, no one drives

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
City police departments respond to countless[according to whom?] complaints regarding fights which break out between neighbors, as a result of disagreements over parking chair usage.[citation needed] Because those who ignore parking chair traditions are legally in the right,[citation needed] police officers can do nothing but tell the offended party to leave the scene. This lack of resolution tends to both promote a sense that vigilantism is an acceptable alternative and often irreparably[according to whom?] damages relationships between neighbors.[citation needed]

In cities where informal parking markers are prohibited, residents are more likely to help each other to effectively clear streets and dig out from a heavy snowfall.[citation needed] Parking chairs tend rather to disincentivize such behavior,[citation needed] given that a space can be informally reserved at the exclusion of ones neighbors.[original research?] Residents acting selfishly are also more likely to shovel snow into other potential parking spaces rather than away from the street, creating large snow mounds which create limited parking situations to begin with.[citation needed] City snow removal vehicles must also frequently remove chairs before plowing, which reduces their effectiveness at street clearing.[citation needed]

someone got mad at this article

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The whole article is probably two neighbors that hate each other

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

got dat wmd posted:

wait parking chairs are a foreign concept to some people?

i park in a garage. no shoveling and have to scrape the windows maybe twice per winter :smugdog:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

axolotl farmer posted:

idgi

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

Yodzilla posted:

only when it snows and because you shoveled it. any other time and i'm going to run over your chair

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Banme_post.png

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The forums have helped to perpetuate Internet memes, such as All your base are belong to us[2] and Tourist guy.[1] The forum's users refer to themselves as "Goons". A weekly activity is "Photoshop Phriday", where users will modify existing images to create parodies through the use of image-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.[27] Another periodic activity is "The Blue Ball Machine", where users create animated images that tile together in such a way as to appear like a seamless whole; these tiles are incorporated into a screensaver which displays them in random order. The feature gained popularity when users on the website YTMND looped the animation to music from Pee-wee's Big Adventure.[28] The website also highlights some of what its administrators believe to be exceptional forum threads in the Comedy Goldmine feature.[29] A forum member also launched 4chan.[30]

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

graph posted:

idgi

Here is one freebie laugh:
Lol he's spreading his legs for her

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

City police departments respond to countless[according to whom?] complaints regarding fights which break out between neighbors, as a result of disagreements over parking chair usage.[citation needed] Because those who ignore parking chair traditions are legally in the right,[citation needed] police officers can do nothing but tell the offended party to leave the scene. This lack of resolution tends to both promote a sense that vigilantism is an acceptable alternative and often irreparably[according to whom?] damages relationships between neighbors.[citation needed]

In cities where informal parking markers are prohibited, residents are more likely to help each other to effectively clear streets and dig out from a heavy snowfall.[citation needed] Parking chairs tend rather to disincentivize such behavior,[citation needed] given that a space can be informally reserved at the exclusion of ones neighbors.[original research?] Residents acting selfishly are also more likely to shovel snow into other potential parking spaces rather than away from the street, creating large snow mounds which create limited parking situations to begin with.[citation needed] City snow removal vehicles must also frequently remove chairs before plowing, which reduces their effectiveness at street clearing.[citation needed]

someone got mad at this article

in boston it's actually legal to have a parking chair for up to 48 hours after a snowfall ends. if you take somebody's parking chair you will almost certainly get at least your tires slashed. people here are ruthless about their parking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would toss fistfuls of nails in any parking spot i saw that had a god drat lawn chair acting as some kind of placeholder

well first i'd steal the chair
then i'd throw down the nails
deffo wouldnt park there though

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

i would toss fistfuls of nails in any parking spot i saw that had a god drat lawn chair acting as some kind of placeholder

the south~

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
look we kind of need a cressbeckler around here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
cajun pawn stars is pretty funny because everyone uses these wacky phrases

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
storage wars texas is depressing to watch because everyone acts like they have brain damage

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yodzilla posted:

storage wars is depressing to watch because everyone acts like they have brain damage

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yodzilla posted:

texas is depressing to watch because everyone acts like they have brain damage

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Yodzilla posted:

storage wars texas is depressing to watch because everyone acts like they have brain damage

this is really not all that different from normal storage wars

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
nah they at least have some personality

also

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lamont Cranston posted:

this is really not all that different from normal storage wars

"i totally saw this original nintendo go for ten thousand dollars on ebay, this is a great investment"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
that guy isn't even a regular, i think he was only one two episodes and is dumb as gently caress

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Yodzilla posted:

nah they at least have some personality

also

her dresses are def. the best part of watching storage wars

that and darryl being a huge redneck

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

that guy isn't even a regular

i wouldn't know

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
wanna go drinking with Barry and bang Brandi

theflyingexecutive posted:

i wouldn't know

i would not ashamed

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yodzilla posted:

wanna go drinking with Barry and bang Brandi

i would not ashamed

barry is the poo poo..."i enjoy cigars...sometimes i dip them in brandy"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

everyone have brain damage

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

theflyingexecutive posted:

"i totally saw this original nintendo go for ten thousand dollars on ebay, this is a great investment"

ahahahaha this was the best one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lamont Cranston posted:

ahahahaha this was the best one

'this is why i do this. this is why i do this. you see this is why i do this' *grease drips off face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nevergirls posted:

to contribute

on behalf of the entire state of Minnesota, I would like to say:

ahahahahaha