Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is there a reason why anime fighting games have titles that are completely meaningless that are also not at all memorable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is there a reason why anime fighting games have titles that are completely meaningless that are also not at all memorable?
English words are cool.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Yo, anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That turned out way better than I expected based on the thumbnail, and the animation on those sprites is ridiculously good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Holy poo poo what a cool game. I kinda wish the video was longer but whatcha gonna do.

Merkava though, holy poo poo those animations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tonight's fisticuffs is Persona as hell.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I couldn't resist.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my God, if there ever was a fighting game to go in blind...

...well, the Touhou ones would be worse. But UNIEL ranks high on that list. There's GRD, there's the weird D button, there's charge, your usual assortment of anime mechanics...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope the next one they do is one of the Touhou ones. Woolie and Liam seem to have experience with them and I'm sure Matt and Pat would be baffled by the various abilities and attacks(Yukari's Train spellcard probably being the most baffling if you know absolutely nothing about Touhou) which would be amusing.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
They should do some more matches on Third Strike

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've heard that they know it's loving dumb but it's catchy so they do it anyway. Similar to most American commercials are just some funny skit to try to get people to remember it. I love the Persona Dancing all night "Premium Crazy Box Debut"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope the next one they do is one of the Touhou ones. Woolie and Liam seem to have experience with them and I'm sure Matt and Pat would be baffled by the various abilities and attacks(Yukari's Train spellcard probably being the most baffling if you know absolutely nothing about Touhou) which would be amusing.

I hope that was a legit tease for MK Armageddon as the next Fisticuffs in the last video. Either that or SVC: Chaos or Capcom Fighting Evolution. I'll watch Zangief SPD dinosaurs for days.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I've been trying to push LEGIT American fighters for the next couple of fisticuffs. Tired of these bad Japanimation games made for babies.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

I've been trying to push LEGIT American fighters for the next couple of fisticuffs. Tired of these bad Japanimation games made for babies.

You're doing god's work, son.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TheRealestMatt posted:

We gotta push Lethal League for Summer Slam.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

But you're a baby, so aren't those games made for you?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

But you're a baby, so aren't those games made for you?

I think you'll find it's Pat who is the baby.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Well. it's been a while since we had some Scrublords...

(not sure if you should do it now or save it, but the PS2 MKs are worth revisiting. And by worth I mean I'd enjoy the suffering)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Tattoo Assassins confirmed for FNF

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Can't wait for War Gods!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
You're all wrong.

One Must Fall 2097.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Prozach posted:

Can't wait for War Gods!

gently caress that, now I want a week of weird N64 fighters. They can borrow my copies of War Gods, Mace, Dark Rift, Deadly Arts and Fighters Destiny if'n they wanted.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Have they played Clayfighter yet?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

WEAPONLORD is the correct choice here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're confusing Scrublords games with Fisticuffs games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

That's true. WEAPONLORD is definitively the hypest poo poo.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Has the Zaibatsu done anything with War of the Monsters? Because they really ought to do something with War of the Monsters at some point.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Would Vanguard Princess fall under Scrublords or Creepy Anime Bullshit? It's got more sleaze than Arcana Heart, but only a tiny fraction of the production value.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A good poster posted:

Would Vanguard Princess fall under Scrublords or Creepy Anime Bullshit? It's got more sleaze than Arcana Heart, but only a tiny fraction of the production value.

Creepy Anime Bullshit, because believe it or not it's a good fighting game, mechanically speaking. Still I wouldn't touch it with a 50-feet pole because gently caress that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Has the Zaibatsu done anything with War of the Monsters? Because they really ought to do something with War of the Monsters at some point.

Check out the Godzilla week, it was part of that. Pat and Matt played a couple matches together, followed by RAD with Liam.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Not to cheat on the best friends, but who are other active full LPers that you really like? Besides 2BF (and jontron who doesn't count), I haven't watched anyone else play video games

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
I fucks wit HarshlyCritical and Yahtzee from time to time. BroTeam doesn't really do LPs but I like his longform stuff.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They go in and out of being active, but SA's own Men Drinkin' Coffee are the funniest dudes on the internet. They mostly play bad games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Chip and Ironicus do some legit LPs too. They just finished a pretty good W101 LP, for instance.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

They go in and out of being active, but SA's own Men Drinkin' Coffee are the funniest dudes on the internet. They mostly play bad games.

Seconding this. The Coffee Boys do great work

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
I guess as long as we're reppin' homegrown SA KungFuJesus' LP of GodHand is top five of all time material

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Sad Mammal posted:

I guess as long as we're reppin' homegrown SA KungFuJesus' LP of GodHand is top five of all time material

KFJ, pokecapn, Kaz, and medibot all do pretty good stuff together and individually (occasionally with others) though some of their earlier stuff (mostly the Sonic 06 LP, which was done in 2008) has some use of "that's gay" as an insult directed toward the game being lovely. If you're okay with that happening every once in awhile it's a really good LP and they've obviously stopped doing that since then. Also chiming in on Chip and Ironicus. Chip is one of the most thorough informational LPers while also being pretty funny with Ironicus, the usually know-nothing co-commentator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Now that the main part of Silent Hill 2 is over with I would like to know what Matt's thoughts on the game are seeing that Pat wanted to project his ideas onto Matt most of the time with out wanting to hear much otherwise.

nexas fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 15, 2015