Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Game of tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

:frogout:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

you know they email you a receipt right? with the mileage and fare and everything. it's what i use to expense uber rides when I do it for work.

they can't email a receipt with a tip on it, a bit of a problem for long distances

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

lol. i haven't seen heroes since it aired and i still remember rolling my eyes so hard when the japanese guy spends five minutes gushing about how excited he is that the rental car agency rented him a NISSAN VERSA!!!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They just put a clash of clans supweb ad with liam neeson

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

lol. i haven't seen heroes since it aired and i still remember rolling my eyes so hard when the japanese guy spends five minutes gushing about how excited he is that the rental car agency rented him a NISSAN VERSA!!!

There's going to be a remake lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ayn rand hand job posted:

who would remake the versa?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
the Jeff bridges ad was good and Got It

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ayn rand hand job posted:

why

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Because Tim Kring wants a do-over

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/02/22/heroes-nbc

Heroes lives: NBC helped kickstart the superhero TV trend in 2006 with Heroes, an X-Men-ish action-drama about a group of people with superhuman powers. Now the network is bringing back the show for a 13-episode event series to air in 2015. Original series creator Tim Kring is on board to run the show. Titled Heroes Reborn, the project is billed as a stand-alone story; the characters have not yet been announced.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol going to burning man in 2013 is like having gone to woodstock 1999

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

Because Tim Kring wants a do-over

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/02/22/heroes-nbc

Heroes lives: NBC helped kickstart the superhero TV trend in 2006 with Heroes, an X-Men-ish action-drama about a group of people with superhuman powers. Now the network is bringing back the show for a 13-episode event series to air in 2015. Original series creator Tim Kring is on board to run the show. Titled Heroes Reborn, the project is billed as a stand-alone story; the characters have not yet been announced.

the first season was decent but tim kring completely hosed it up in the second by saying (and this is a near-verbatim quote iirc) "people want to see more superheroes with more awesome superpowers!!"

but actually no there were already too many characters to easily follow and what the show needed was some paring down and character development of the ones they'd already introduced. like there was the pair of mexicans trying to get across the border who killed people by crying, what the gently caress was that and who cares. i just wanted to see spock eat more brains

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

I should have gone when I first heard about it but even then I was like "meh"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

catch herpes in the desert

sounds like a fun time

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if you don't think burning man on a conceptual level sounds fun, idk what to say

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

if you don't think burning man on a conceptual level sounds fun, idk what to say
average yosposer?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

the dust gets loving everywhere

that's a conceptual level that's not for me

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

burning man notable absentees:

-anakin skywalker
:ins:

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
^^ nice

i overheard a guy trying to impress his date with his going last year

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

burning man notable absentees:

-anakin skywalker
:ins:

this list is sexist garbage without joan of arc

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

crusader_complex posted:

^^ nice

i overheard a guy trying to impress his date with his going last year

burning man 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3SFqV0hMyo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
didn't multiple women get gang raped at woodstock 99

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

didn't multiple women get gang raped at woodstock 99

"It was dangerous to be around. The whole scene was scary. There were just waves of hatred bouncing around the place, (...) It was clear we had to get out of there.... It was like a concentration camp. To get in, you get frisked to make sure you're not bringing in any water or food that would prevent you from buying from their outrageously priced booths. You wallow around in garbage and human waste. There was a palpable mood of anger."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol who the gently caress scheduled this:

East Stage

The Tragically Hip
Kid Rock
Wyclef Jean with the Refugee Allstars
Counting Crows
Dave Matthews Band
Alanis Morissette
Limp Bizkit
Rage Against the Machine
Metallica

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

quote:

Yesterday the event's promoters sought to play down the reports of rapes. Promoter John Scher said he could not confirm that the assaults had taken place. "There was an awful lot of good that happened this weekend," he said. "What about 199,000 kids that came and had a great weekend? Everyone is ignoring them."

can someone please think of the 200,000 limp bizkit fans who had a blast?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sagebrush posted:

the first season was decent but tim kring completely hosed it up in the second by saying (and this is a near-verbatim quote iirc) "people want to see more superheroes with more awesome superpowers!!"

but actually no there were already too many characters to easily follow and what the show needed was some paring down and character development of the ones they'd already introduced. like there was the pair of mexicans trying to get across the border who killed people by crying, what the gently caress was that and who cares. i just wanted to see spock eat more brains

the original idea was to have each season be a separate miniseries, sort of like true detective but not as good

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

lol who the gently caress scheduled this:

East Stage

The Tragically Hip
Kid Rock
Wyclef Jean with the Refugee Allstars
Counting Crows
Dave Matthews Band
Alanis Morissette
Limp Bizkit
Rage Against the Machine
Metallica

ahahahah alanis morissette just before limp bizkit yeah totally the same crowd

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
at festival things like that there's like an hour between each performance where the crowd loosens up and you can go pee or get a beer or get raped and just not come back if you don't want to see the next band

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

ahahahah alanis morissette just before limp bizkit yeah totally the same crowd

a strong feminist songwriter performing immediately before a crowd filled with literal rapists

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Wulfolme posted:

at festival things like that there's like an hour between each performance where the crowd loosens up and you can go pee or get a beer or get raped and just not come back if you don't want to see the next band

6:30P - 7:45P: ALANIS MORISSETTE (75 min)
7:45P - 8:05P: set change
8:05P - 9:05P: LIMP BIZKIT (60 min)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

a strong feminist songwriter performing immediately before a crowd filled with literal rapists

i wonder if the people who played at that woodstock and who weren't in limp bizkit feel bad about it. i'd probably feel a little guilty to have been there

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

prefect posted:

i wonder if the people who played at that woodstock and who weren't in limp bizkit feel about it. i'd probably feel a little guilty to have been there

i'd personally never speak of it again, perhaps even deny my participation

~~rape culture~~

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

i wonder if the people who played at that woodstock and who weren't in limp bizkit feel bad about it. i'd probably feel a little guilty to have been there

they did it all for the nookie

Apr 7, 2003

I was a grownass man when that concert happened and I remember everyone being pretty cynical about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

I was a grownass man when that concert happened and I remember everyone being pretty cynical about it.

the new woodstock concerts were pretty thoroughly cynical everywhere but in the marketing/advertising. they locked down the attendees so they couldn't bring anything but money so they'd spend it on the expensive concessions

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

the new woodstock concerts were pretty thoroughly cynical everywhere but in the marketing/advertising. they locked down the attendees so they couldn't bring anything but money so they'd spend it on the expensive concessions

The Buying Man festival

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

bringing this full circle, if you went to burning man last year, it was as much burning man as woodstock 99 was woodstock

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Buying Man festival

no that's SXSW

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

also following the previous bubble trend next year's super bowl will be solid freemium game ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

also following the previous bubble trend next year's super bowl will be solid freemium game ads.

it'll beat nationwide's dead kid campaign

• Locked thread