Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

akma posted:

We do that because saying "I'm not a racist, I have a black friend" doesn't work any longer. We had to up our game.

Yup. It's so transparent and patronizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Guardians of the Galaxy movies should be stand alone, and unconnected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They have a universe and setting that is large enough and cool enough and fun enough to justify its own franchise without attaching it to the MCU. If anything, being attached to the MCU is a detriment. Its going to be so lame when the Guardians finally meander their way to Earth and mix it up with Captain America or Iron Man. I'd rather they just be their own thing. When I was a kid I remember watching the Silver Surfer cartoon in the late 90s. It got canceled but I loved it. It scratched that weird space opera itch. Thats what I want GotG to be. Just let them have bizarre psychedelic space adventures with warring planets and living planets and cosmic gods and immortal beings.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's been said before, and I may be biased as a suthna, but for the most part jastiger's opinions and the whole "nuke the south" meme actually mean "nuke minorities and poor people, they are so dumb"

The confederacy sucked, modern southern state governments suck, but y'all realize that for a government to suck it needs people to oppress?

Bless jastiger's heart

Nah it actually means people that lionize a region and country that sought to trample human rights and championed ignorance over education and progress.

The data doesnt lie. The South consistently holds the United States and wherever non-Southern states have issues its because they mimic the Southern idiocy.

Take away all electoral votes and Senators from the South.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just come out and say it without irrelevant references to the civil war: you don't want poor black people to be able to vote. The (demographic) data doesn't lie.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Disney is effectively killing the art of film and won't rest until its burnt to the ground.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Disney is effectively killing the art of film and won't rest until its burnt to the ground.

Normal adults don't care what Disney is doing/making unless they have children who watch it. When I hear people my age obsessing about what their favorite songs were in the latest disney movie and how they saw it 5 times in the theater last week, I know to keep my distance.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, so he's probably talking about that. Still wrong ofc.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

doverhog posted:

Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, so he's probably talking about that. Still wrong ofc.

Exactly, who cares about children's media.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Indeed, a true sophisticate pays no heed to mass market drivel about space wizards.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

What I said still applies to the people talking about those. I'd almost prefer someone sperging about moana over discussing super hero power levels or discussing the political systems of star wars or whatever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Disney sucks because now everyone else will try to replicate their formula. It's why Universal is doing the Frankenstein/Wolfman/The Mummy shared universe movies. And there's the DC abortions too. At least Disney movies are made competently but the imitators are so bad.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just come out and say it without irrelevant references to the civil war: you don't want poor black people to be able to vote. The (demographic) data doesn't lie.

That isn't what I want at all.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

That isn't what I want at all.

Well you keep crusading against the states with some of the largest poor+black populations so it's hard to tell.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Well you keep crusading against the states with some of the largest poor+black populations so it's hard to tell.

Dude if the poorest blacks voted and had their votes counted the South would be far far less lovely. Those states have intentionally made it harder for those folk to vote so we have disproportionate representation of white fuckers that make everything suck.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Black people overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Like 90%. Just because this is where a lot of them live doesn't mean they have enough political power to achieve anything alone. White people swung the last election almost singlehandedly.

Our elected officials at the federal level absolutely couldn't care less about them. The majority of them live in urban areas and our senators know they've just gotta please all the rural white-dominated counties to get reelected.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Dross posted:

Black people overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. Like 90%. Just because this is where a lot of them live doesn't mean they have enough political power to achieve anything alone. White people swung the last election almost singlehandedly.

Our elected officials at the federal level absolutely couldn't care less about them. The majority of them live in urban areas and our senators know they've just gotta please all the rural white-dominated counties to get reelected.

Still having issues with turnout!

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

A better (but still stupid) way to achieve Jastiger's ends would be to disallow voting by anyone who doesn't live in an area with at least 100,000 residents so they'll have some exposure (and thus sympathy) to people who are different from themselves.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dross posted:

A better (but still stupid) way to achieve Jastiger's ends would be to disallow voting by anyone who doesn't live in an area with at least 100,000 residents so they'll have some exposure (and thus sympathy) to people who are different from themselves.

No. Just reenstate reconstruction for thr South until they can prove they arent regressive poo poo heads. If you're white and can trace your lineage to slaveholders, still live in thr South, and vote Republican, execution is in order.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

YOu seem really angry Jastiger. Have you tried not being so angry?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

No. Just reenstate reconstruction for thr South until they can prove they arent regressive poo poo heads. If you're white and can trace your lineage to slaveholders, still live in thr South, and vote Republican, execution is in order.

start by tracing your own lineage, and if you find results you dont like, don't post.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

start by tracing your own lineage, and if you find results you dont like, don't post.

Already did, sucka. Im clear.

And its real hard not to be angry at the portion of our country that has been critical in holding much of our meaningful progress in social, cultural, and environmental issues.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

You're just proving my point, the south is more than a few state governments and your "nuke the south" gimmick and irl versions of such will just hurt regular southerners even more, regular southerners being overwhelmingly descendants of either slaves, sharecroppers, or indentured servants. Comparing you to Sherman is insulting because Sherman forbid harm to anyone who wasn't deserving of it.

And you do realize that even most of the people who fit your description are orders of magnitude less wealthy than you? Those trailer trash should've what, bootstrapped themselves to a decent school or a better state?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You're just proving my point, the south is more than a few state governments and your "nuke the south" gimmick and irl versions of such will just hurt regular southerners even more, regular southerners being overwhelmingly descendants of either slaves, sharecroppers, or indentured servants. Comparing you to Sherman is insulting because Sherman forbid harm to anyone who wasn't deserving of it.

And you do realize that even most of the people who fit your description are orders of magnitude less wealthy than you? Those trailer trash should've what, bootstrapped themselves to a decent school or a better state?

I never said to nuke the south. You probably need archives to see my ye olde Southern posts. I advocate Sherman 2.0, liberating property from wealthy whites and paying them as reparations to the generations of Southerners that were harmed. If they admire tbe the confederacy? Racism? Theocratic? Disenfranchisement at minimum. A complete reinstatement of the voting rights act in all Southern states and a disbarment from office anyone who can trace wealth back to slaveholders or confederate sympathizers.

They should bootstrap to not buying into revisionist nationalism. Their leaders have failed them.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
take a break, jastiger.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My great (great?) Aunt on my mother's side was deported back to Sicily in the early 1900's for being an anarchist. Am I allowed to vote?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Already did, sucka. Im clear.

And its real hard not to be angry at the portion of our country that has been critical in holding much of our meaningful progress in social, cultural, and environmental issues.

The Midwest is more R-dominated than the South. Let's just return the Louisiana Purchase.

Dross has a new favorite as of 18:32 on May 13, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Punishing people for their ancestry, something they had no say in whatsoever, is idiotic even for you jastiger. Should we strip rights from the ancestors of former nazis if they are now citizens too? Why should ancestors of the original settlers be allowed to vote either considering what was done to native americans?

If they still advocate and celebrate things associated with the bad part of their family's past, ok that is different, but why punish an otherwise upstanding citizen because way back in their family tree there was a slave owner?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Punishing people for their ancestry, something they had no say in whatsoever, is idiotic even for you jastiger. Should we strip rights from the ancestors of former nazis if they are now citizens too? Why should ancestors of the original settlers be allowed to vote either considering what was done to native americans?

If they still advocate and celebrate things associated with the bad part of their family's past, ok that is different, but why punish an otherwise upstanding citizen because way back in their family tree there was a slave owner?

Because, it seems, those decendents in thr South are largely responsible for the bad poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Because, it seems, those decendents in thr South are largely responsible for the bad poo poo.

There needs to be more strict criteria besides "it seems" that way when you're talking about stripping people of their rights.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Jastiger is way too eager to just cut and run. I at least want to conquer the incorrect States, destroy/absorb their culture, and replace it with my superior culture.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

There needs to be more strict criteria besides "it seems" that way when you're talking about stripping people of their rights.

Well, yeah

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i want to take peoples rights away because if they have these rights, they might vote for the person i do not like literally kill me and my family. also we need to burn all of them alive because they are not as smart as i am, these are facts

but enough facts, here's an unpopular opinion: fidget spinners are neat

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't "get" fidget spinners but i can't judge, pogs and trapper keepers and stuff were much more stupid and I was really into those.

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
I prefer fidget cubes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I "get" fidget spinners because I constantly have to be doing something with my hands while I work (spinning a pen is my go to), but I don't get spending more than a dollar or two on them.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

i want to take peoples rights away because if they have these rights, they might vote for the person i do not like literally kill me and my family. also we need to burn all of them alive because they are not as smart as i am, these are facts

but enough facts, here's an unpopular opinion: fidget spinners are neat

Not quite, but you're getting there. I dont want to burn them alive. Just take away their political and economic capital.

I dont know what a fidget spinner is.

PHUO: child support is bullshit the way its calculated a lot of the time, and often keeps two people impoverished instead of one. I dont have an answer, i just know it sucks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Not quite, but you're getting there. I dont want to burn them alive. Just take away their political and economic capital.

I dont know what a fidget spinner is.

PHUO: child support is bullshit the way its calculated a lot of the time, and often keeps two people impoverished instead of one. I dont have an answer, i just know it sucks.

In cases of divorce the child should be put up for adoption with both parents having to pay child support to the adoptive parents. Boom. Next problem!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

i thought you were fine with "sherman 2.0?" also yes, lets take away political and economical power away from a specific region of our country, that'll work wonderfully and will not backfire in the slightest

Jastiger posted:

Yeah, I agree.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

i thought you were fine with "sherman 2.0?" also yes, lets take away political and economical power away from a specific region of our country, that'll work wonderfully and will not backfire in the slightest

Sherman didn't burn people alive though? It would only backfire if we trusted those fuckers to have moral fortitude. Dont let them back in until they can show they arent idiots. Itll likely be never and im ok with that. They can be a us territory with all the perks of that, but no voting or any of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I don't want to kill them sillies, I just want to take away their homes, money, jobs, and voice in government forever based on the vaguest criteria imaginable.