Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RedSpider posted:

Just save yourself the embarrassment by refraining from commenting further.

Shitposter, heal thyself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Kim is Skylar, mark my words

Chuck was Skyler. He's right about Saul, just like Skyler was right about Walter, but that doesn't mean we can't hate them, especially given the context of the show.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Suicide hotlines are... good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RedSpider posted:

Chuck was Skyler. He's right about Saul, just like Skyler was right about Walter, but that doesn't mean we can't hate them, especially given the context of the show.

If you hated Skylar your a loving lunatic who deserves to be locked away.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

if you have a thought on a suicide number being posted around a show that shows suicide, like, any thought at all, your a loving psychopath and should not be allowed near other people.

This post is almost as humorous as it is false.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No actually he's right and you are the guy arguing against suicide prevention methods which makes you a dumb rear end in a top hat.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you hated Skylar your a loving lunatic who deserves to be locked away.

So, 90% of the audience? :monocle:

It's just a television show, buddy. Calm down.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
First result on Youtube for Suicide Hotline is an artistic interpretive dance from Dance Moms

:colbert: checkmate

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Thanks for the custom title, anonymous mod. :discourse:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
"I'm for suicide hotlines as a concept but I think they should be given less publicity"

-a real opinion

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I think any show or movie that has a scene with a real or implied suicide should do a freeze frame and have the actor inform the audience that they're not really dead and read out the suicide hotline number.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Holy gently caress that's a special meltdown.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just saw the finale and holy poo poo it's good. The writing on this show is so, so good. Amazing.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very happy I didn't read the last 800 posts though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Who's Saul? This more book poo poo???

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Anyone notice that Kim referred the oilman to sandpiper's lawyers? I could see her not wanting to send clients to GYM, but why not Davis and main?

And oh my, dat rear end in them pajama bottoms.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Chuck was very, very old. If the fire hadn't gotten to him he probably would have died anyway from old age.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

fps_bill posted:

Anyone notice that Kim referred the oilman to sandpiper's lawyers? I could see her not wanting to send clients to GYM, but why not Davis and main?

:chloe:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

fps_bill posted:

It's definitely better than Skyler's.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, that was a nice rear end and I'mm not sure why that's a controversial opinion. This thread is the worst

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-w1GeH8KPU&t=20s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RedSpider posted:

Is this the part where you are pretending that BCS is saving lives? Just save yourself the embarrassment by refraining from commenting further.

Opposing the implementation of suicide hotline #'s from being shoehorned into digital art forms isn't condoning suicide either, you pompous oval office.

it's a television show about a scummy lawyer, dude, not the sistine chapel

Kim Is A Pretty Lady

Last Chance posted:

Great season finale, lovely thread

tviv.txt

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Yeah, that was a nice rear end and I'mm not sure why that's a controversial opinion. This thread is the worst

I don't think anyone said it wasn't a nice arse.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

if you have a thought on a suicide number being posted around a show that shows suicide, like, any thought at all, your a loving psychopath and should not be allowed near other people.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bobby Digital posted:

I think any show or movie that has a scene with a real or implied suicide should do a freeze frame and have the actor inform the audience that they're not really dead and read out the suicide hotline number.

Any time a character dies or is hurt on a tv show I want the character to talk directly to the camera after the show ends but before the credits and explain that this is all just a story and they weren't really hurt.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
🎶'Cause life is a game that no one wins
But you deserve a headstart the way your life's goin'

So throw in the towel cause your life ain't poo poo
No take that towel and hang yourself with it
Life's short and hard like a body-building elf
So save the planet and kill yourself

If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about
Lift your head up and blow your brains out 🎶

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fps_bill posted:

Schweikert and Kim were buddies, though. He even offered her a partner-track job.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i'm suicidal, but i love a good rear end, so the season finale really left me in quite a state

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
It's just too bad that we'll never know how good Bob Odenkirk's rear end is in pajama bottoms :(

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

vermin posted:

It's just too bad that we'll never know how good Bob Odenkirk's rear end is in pajama bottoms :(

Like it would ever top Bryan Cranston's in his tighty whiteys

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You don't make friends with Schweikert

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

anime was right posted:

he's stuck in a hospital, suffering endlessly. his last words are "jimmy? jimmy?" but jimmy is dead...... hes saul now

I like it best as it is now, but a jump cut to a hyper-energetic "Hi, Saul Goodman here" ad after such a scene would make it kind of hilarious

I watched Breaking Bad backwards (season 3.5-5, then season 2-3.5, then season 1) and thought Skylar was great. I thought the writing became worse closer to the beginning of the series. Hank became more of a jerk, doing things like smoking Cuban cigars so that they had someone self-righteous to contrast with Walter White. The scene between Jesse and his brother seemed like it was from the point of view of Jesse retelling it and exaggerating it.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Do you guys also get super pissed off when there's a message saying no animals were hurt during the filming of the episode? Holy crap the sperging in this thread is on another level.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

fps_bill posted:

Kim' vouched for Jimmy to Davis and Main which damaged her reputation with them; there's no issues with Schweikert who would have been very happy to hire her.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ornithology posted:

Do you guys also get super pissed off when there's a message saying no animals were hurt during the filming of the episode? Holy crap the sperging in this thread is on another level.

I'm not for animal cruelty per se, I just believe reminding people that they weren't hurt compromises the creators' artistic vision and takes people out of the story.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ornithology posted:

I think it was just the one guy

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it was just the one guy

Oh god right above you

There's two dipshits

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

pretty sure that guy was joking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's really critical that they don't disrupt the part of the story where the spooky words DIRECTED BY VINCE GILLIGAN appear out of the black new mexico night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

what part of the story is it when the spooky floating words appear out of the blackness

I don't know, but it really ruins my immersion when random names get flashed in succession. What does this Peter Gould guy have to do with the plot, anyway?

• Locked thread