Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CDW posted:

Grats on Artanis! Chen...is a hero who needs a talent update.

Who do you all think needs an update the most, other than the update we know is coming for Lt. Morales?

I'd say Sgt. Hammer, Raynor, and Chen are at the top of the list for me, with Xul also needing a better role.

Jaina feels like a character that doesn't bring much to the table that other similar characters don't do better. I feel like she could use something.

Also not a character but they should really take another look at Haunted Mines. There's basically no reason to bother with the objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Macaluso posted:

Also not a character but they should really take another look at Haunted Mines. There's basically no reason to bother with the objective.

Yeah new mines just feels too meh, I agree that the snowball feels less like whoever won the first golem and more whoever gets to 40 or so first then hammers down structures/takes mercs while the other team catches up gets a lead that's hard to catch up to unless mistakes are made. Most other mine phases kinda follow that dynamic too unless a team got a few opportune picks or sees they can just ignore mine phase and core. Although Later phases you tend to stop around 50-60 instead of 40ish.

Funny enough, I wonder if bringing back the old mechanic of the golem spawns where it fell could fix that. Just swap the lanes (and have each lane be its own marker/end spot) so you have to contest a bit more instead of it just being a pve race like old mines. Or hell, if they're afraid of too much of a snowball only have it respawn halfway to where it made it last time.
That and/or having mercs dissappear during mine phase, or only have sappers up while the golem is marching.

Of course they might just keep it the same since at pro-tier there's a lot of meaningful choices about who to send where and when, or when you need to back off, while in QM it just feels unengaging.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 19, 2017

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Friend goons, I have been building gul'dan around his life drain ability because I like being a vampire. Is this a good idea or am I dumb and bad?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sindai posted:

Even if you're not interested in pro HotS the reverse draft all-star matches from today are pretty great. If you've ever wanted to see pros play Murky, Abathur, and TLV on the same team: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152806196

:eyepop: that boss-fight 18 minutes in.

KillerQueen posted:

Friend goons, I have been building gul'dan around his life drain ability because I like being a vampire. Is this a good idea or am I dumb and bad?

You should try that on Leoric, he's the superior sucker. Gul'dan is better at moving around and spitting out damage, instead of rooting himself in place and making himself an easy target.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

CDW posted:

Who do you all think needs an update the most, other than the update we know is coming for Lt. Morales?

I'd say Sgt. Hammer, Raynor, and Chen are at the top of the list for me, with Xul also needing a better role.

Chen is great, you just can't pick him into a team with a lot of CC

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am so very very tired of downranking because a team of four otherwise good players is dragged down by one terrible rear end in a top hat who constantly dies and gets into bad engages which drag the rest of the team down.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think Raynor then Tyrael needs new talents the most. But there are a handful of people that need them.
I think jaina has a unique amount of burst, that is accurate and close opposed to Chromie's artillery

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I have no idea if this code works or not, but it was inside the Warcraft movie and is for a Gul'dan hero so it may be worth a try for some goon who plays this game. It's possible it's expired or somebody else around here who isn't me may have used it. :shrug:

VM8PDVSB8MHBHRRXN3B9T

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I have no idea if this code works or not, but it was inside the Warcraft movie and is for a Gul'dan hero so it may be worth a try for some goon who plays this game. It's possible it's expired or somebody else around here who isn't me may have used it. :shrug:

Redeemed it, thanks! I enjoyed him on his recent freeplay week and I like the dude from Warcraft lore so I was thinking about buying him soon. Much appreciated fellow goon!

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 19, 2017

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

CDW posted:

Chen level 1, gently caress New Talent Design: Whenever Chen is hit by an auto attack or a skill shot while drinking, remove one quest stack from a nearby enemy hero.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That makes (decent) enemy players want to avoid targeting Chen. That's the opposite of what Chen wants to be doing at almost any point.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

drat Dirty Ape posted:

VM8PDVSB8MHBHRRXN3B9T

I got the same deal on my Warcraft movie and it's the only value that purchase ending up providing

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Chen + Uther w/Guardian of Ancient Kings for an unkillable drinking machine.

I'd like to see Chen's level 20 shorter cd on trait when interrupted talent made baseline and then maybe his shield generation reduced or something. Right now he's either completely unkillable or completely useless with little in between.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Chen's best feature is his occasional drunken laugh after using Fortifying Brew. I'd like to see this feature in particular expanded upon through talents.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bamhand posted:

Chen + Uther w/Guardian of Ancient Kings for an unkillable drinking machine.

I'd like to see Chen's level 20 shorter cd on trait when interrupted talent made baseline and then maybe his shield generation reduced or something. Right now he's either completely unkillable or completely useless with little in between.

When he's unkillable he isn't doing anything though. The beautiful thing about Chen is his fat rear end at worst making enemies go around him to get to the rest of the team and at best soaking enormous amounts of damage that idiot enemy players are pouring on him to try to kill him.

He also dies a surprising amount of damage and has a lot of maneuverability with flying kick. He's a decent hero that gets a bad rap because CC ends him and you need a team with him that knows how to exploit his drinking

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The thing I love about Chen is his ability to peel. Flying kick can put you between enemies and your teammates at will and people swear by Earth Wind and Fire but I prefer Rolling Keg because it let's you break the enemies onto more manageable groups during tramfights and I've also stolen so many bosses and other objectives with it.

God drat I really love Chen

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got one of Chen's thunder king outfits so I need to give him another chance, when I tried him at first I just got pushed around by CC and felt useless. I generally like having one on my team though in any map where the objective is near some cramped corridors, anywhere where Chen can throw his fat body in people's way as they try to get in or out of a team fight seems good.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I really only ever get to play him when I'm a later pick and there's not a ton of hard CC on the enemy team.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The best is when a lone assassin comes up thinking you're a free kill and you dunk on them slowly after several cycles of "kick, smash, fire, drink" and by the time they realise they are in trouble you can just finish em

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There's the opposite where suddenly your team doesn't want a 3v3 when back up arrives and you eat poo poo because Chen doesn't have anything to get out of trouble other than his ults.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There's the opposite where suddenly your team doesn't want a 3v3 when back up arrives and you eat poo poo because Chen doesn't have anything to get out of trouble other than his ults.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

you need a team with him that knows how to exploit his drinking

Sometimes I'll walk up to a fort, drink to soak all the damage from the turret and an idiot teammate will just stand there and not shoot it which is the worst thing.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Don't you dare convince Blizzard that Chen needs a "rework" aka shuffling talents around and making him useless

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Don't you dare convince Blizzard that Chen needs a "rework" aka shuffling talents around and making him useless

Yeah, he's a loving sleeper

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ugh I just learned that there was a Cho'gall giveaway a month before I started playing. Dammit! I got to be someone's Gall the other night and it was fun as heck.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Also Flying Kick will get you out of trouble, backwards if there is a minion or enemy back there. But sometimes the only way out is through :black101:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Chen has multiple good talents at every tier and talent rework mostly just means "turn everything into quests" so I'd prefer if they didn't try to fix him

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
His talents are largely ok, but a lot of his animations and sound effects kinda suck.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

His sound effects are rad. Get your hearing checked??

Also he already got a couple quests so he has been vaccinated against a rework for probably another 6 months.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

glug glug glug
ha ha ha!
*smash*
*fwoosh*
HO
*sound of barrel*
bonk, bonk, bonk, bonkbonk, bonk, bonk
enemy slain

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Chen is fine, much like every other hero goons demand a rework for.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

speaking of Chen, I haven't been able to grasp his play style yet... what's his recommended Babby's 1st Talent Build?

should he focus on drinking or spitting or kicking?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Paranoid Peanut posted:

speaking of Chen, I haven't been able to grasp his play style yet... what's his recommended Babby's 1st Talent Build?

should he focus on drinking or spitting or kicking?

This is the build I use

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Gustav posted:

I'm the only one asking for the actual worst heroes in the game to be improved.
Well Tyrael is still passable for his ult. But he's exactly the same as when I played in beta Jesus Christ, he wasn't considered good then either.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Tyrael has been a staple in the pro scene since forever. He gets better the more skilled you are.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Tyrael is great, what the hell.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'd argue there's only a handful of totally garbage heroes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bamhand posted:

Tyrael has been a staple in the pro scene since forever. He gets better the more skilled you are.

Gustav posted:

Gustav posted:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I have seen him exactly twice since the welcome back event. And it was the impotently basic attacking people and some ults I remember from beta. There doesn't need to be more heroes that are only good at a professional level of play.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

KillerQueen posted:

Life Drain build is disgustingly powerful if you can get away with it. However, it falls under the same umbrella that Laser Crab and Chen do - you only build it when the enemy team has very little CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gustav posted:

Probably not fun for him. That was the problem I had with Tyrael. He was the most 'You just AA and save your buttons for clutch stuff' tank I'd played back near release. Which just isn't fun for me. I wanted to be using my buttons more.
I totally acknowledge a well played Tyrael can be a monster but isn't his area denial ult the reason he's picked in high end play? At least I remember ages ago that was the consensus. The same way (back then) maw or void prison were worth it regardless of the character attached. Only in those cases the characters were viewed as amazing kits to go with the ults.